Author Topic: Bringing Back Deleted Scenes?  (Read 3612 times)

crushilista

• View Profile
Bringing Back Deleted Scenes?
« on: 2010-10-31 20:54:47 »
I'd like to include the parts that originally got removed from the game, but are still there, back into the game itself. How can I go along and do that exactly on the PSX version? Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

endlessdamage

• View Profile
Re: Bringing Back Deleted Scenes?
« Reply #1 on: 2010-10-31 21:20:44 »
Which game? Which scenes? You need to be more specific.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010-10-31 21:47:36 »

He's probably talking about this

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010-10-31 22:42:40 »
Half those scenes have no dialogue when you bring them back and a lot of the removed stuff simply doesn't work with the game.  When I started retranslation I had the idea of placing back some of the text but the situations and sometimes characters don't even sound right or work.

crushilista

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010-11-01 02:03:26 »

He's probably talking about this

Yes that is what I was talking about. Sadly it seems nobody knows how to input it again though :/.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010-11-01 02:07:15 »
Yes that is what I was talking about. Sadly it seems nobody knows how to input it again though :/.

We know how to put it back, it's just very laborious to do because it involves a lot of messing around with the field scripts.

Tsetra was working on it a while ago, but I have no idea whether his project is still alive.

Tsetra

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010-11-01 02:54:37 »
It's been on ice for awhile. Just haven't been in a FF7 mood for a long time, no legit excuse really. All of Midgar is more or less pieced together at least on paper, some of which is actually in-game but I'll be damned if I can get motivated to even crack open the field script again.

As for the PSX version, I know there was a tool I was using to peek at the field scripts for that since I was borrowing unused script from the Japanese PSX version for use in the PC version, but I can't remember what it was. FF7 was a minor project in a sea of larger ones. :/ Sorry I can't be more specific on the matter.