Author Topic: I want to do some tests and I need help  (Read 5890 times)

namelivia

• View Profile
I want to do some tests and I need help
« on: 2013-05-01 13:31:02 »
¡Hello!
I found your project very interesting and I wanted to do some test, but for doing that I need some help from the devs.
Those are the tests:

1.- Compiling running on linux (easy)
2.- Test moving to Irrlitch (not so easy)

In order to do those tasks I would like to know if I could get a simplified version of the sourcecode (specialy for the second task), to make a fork on github.
Something like just basic just rendering version or something like that.

Thank you!

Cyberman

• View Profile
Re: I want to do some tests and I need help
« Reply #1 on: 2013-05-02 01:18:46 »
¡Hello!
I found your project very interesting and I wanted to do some test, but for doing that I need some help from the devs.
Those are the tests:

1.- Compiling running on linux (easy)
2.- Test moving to Irrlitch (not so easy)

In order to do those tasks I would like to know if I could get a simplified version of the sourcecode (specialy for the second task), to make a fork on github.
Something like just basic just rendering version or something like that.

Thank you!
Their are some requirements to compile it (question 1)
  • You will want to have codeblocks installed in your linux distribution
  • You will want to have the CORRECT version of Ogre dev libraries installed in your linux distribution
  • You will want to have cmake installed as well.
Their are a few posts floating in here that will help. Akari is much more atune to the various configuration information needed.
Sadly I have been idle for a long time (not lazy just crazy things in life take precidence).
Developement has been using Code Blocks for the IDE (and it allows you interactive debugging as well).

Question 2
Since it uses OGRE 3d it won't be plug and play but most of the system is broken up into modules. Akari did a good job of that.

The biggest issue might be creating intermediate content needed for IRRLicht to use.
Also you may need to consider what content features you need for what format you dump too.
Unless you have the FF7 orginal content (PS1 or PC) using Qgears might be a bit difficult since it has to have the original content to make the new content for use in Qgears.

It uses LUA I believe for scripting and scripts in FF7 are actually ported to LUA (I think as I said it's been a while and I nuked my copy of Qgears that I had almost working sadly).

Cyb