Author Topic: Project State  (Read 7464 times)

Akari

• View Profile
Project State
« on: 2009-07-06 17:11:59 »
There are a lot of questions about project state lately, so I deside to write about it. Project is not dead. Slowly but surely I clean things up and now ready to continue.
I want to spend some time to get know final fantasy ix works. It will help create more unified system that will can play content from a lot of games.

If there are programmers that can help project - they are welcome. There are a lot of inner system things that needs to be done or improved. Console, UI, scripting system, a lot of exporters, editor, visualizers a lot of work lies ahead of us. =)

InuRa

• View Profile
Re: Project State
« Reply #1 on: 2009-07-20 04:14:56 »
Woa, thats great news! Especialy after reading on the previous post that more people wanted to give a try at helping making this project go forward.
I'm sure thats not just me thats excited about it 'cause a lot of ppl feel frustrated regarding the current FF7 for PC option, since it doesn't work that well at all but I decided to express it with a comment to this thread.
And yeah i own both FF7 and 8 for both platforms (european version) but as we age mobility becomes more important so the PC versions seem more atractive now than before.
Anyway, thank you for keeping us updated and for your effort.
« Last Edit: 2009-07-20 04:17:00 by InuRa »

Ferret

« Reply #2 on: 2009-07-20 12:19:42 »
Hi,

I've done a limited amount of C(++) programming, but I'd be tempted to dive on in. I've downloaded the current SVN source, and I'll look at getting it going in Xcode later. I'm interested in working on backend cross compatibility, to make sure it compiles on GCC/Darwin - as well.

Graham.

Pysis

« Reply #3 on: 2009-07-31 19:21:04 »
I was interested in this game's mechanics enough to make a sample battle system.  I haven't started yet but once I did I was going to code it in XNA.

Ragna

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009-09-08 15:42:12 »
I'd like to know how are you doing the scripting system and help as I can.
We shall write a clean and "powerful" scripting system!  :roll:

I have some experience with Ruby, Python, Lua (a bit), and C#/C++.

Cyberman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009-09-10 00:37:13 »
There is no PC version for 9 10 or 12.

Erstwhile check the Qgears sourceforge page. It's mostly there.
I believe CodeBlocks is the IDE for developement by Akari. There is a script engine being used don't remember what it was.

I haven't even looked at it in over a year. Working on other things these days.

Cyb