Author Topic: Nanaki... ?  (Read 2056 times)

Opine

• View Profile
Nanaki... ?
« on: 2011-10-29 23:28:27 »
The Last Unicorn was a childhood favorite of mine.
I was just rewatching it, and saw something in the opening that I'd never noticed before!

Now, this image is based on a tapestry series called The Hunt of the Unicorn.

But the tapestry does not have the tail in the movie...  I'd been assuming it was a hyena, but they don't have tails like that either.

I never saw anything about Nanaki's species being from folklore. Anyone know differently?

obesebear

• View Profile
Re: Nanaki... ?
« Reply #1 on: 2011-10-29 23:59:13 »
This was my fiance's favorite movie as a kid and we just watched it not even a month ago, lol.   

Opine

• View Profile
Re: Nanaki... ?
« Reply #2 on: 2011-10-30 00:33:14 »
Well then your fiance will be thrilled to hear they're renovating it!

Here's the official statement I just got a few weeks ago in their newsletter:

ANNOUNCING: A 30TH-ANNIVERSARY MIRACLE
(NO FOOLING)

We're about to do something no one has ever done before — we're taking a beloved animated movie and completely renovating it.

Not remastering, mind you, but renovating: going through The Last Unicorn from end to end and top to bottom, spending five million dollars to upgrade the special visual effects and soundtrack, smooth out and improve character animation, finish background paintings that were never completed, and add five to eight minutes of entirely new shots and sequences that will bring the story to a whole new level.
And when the work is done, this wonderful new 30th Anniversary Version will be given a worldwide theatrical release in both 2D and 3D.

This is not a joke. This is not an if, or a maybe. Multiple funding sources have already offered to finance the project, and as soon as contracts are settled everything will ramp up and get under way.