Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4837064 times)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.5)
« Reply #6225 on: 2017-10-11 08:26:03 »
Router arrived this morning so I'll be able to try and sort something out when I get back from college today.

Edit: I re-downloaded the IRO and it seems to contain the entire battle.lgp instead of just altered files. If I clean that up, then battle/field model mods should work instead of being overwritten.
« Last Edit: 2017-10-11 23:46:15 by Sega Chief »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6226 on: 2017-10-12 01:07:16 »
Sorry for the lateness of it:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/nxkj3udxta4z4rt/FF7%20NT%20IRO%20-%20Fixed%20Files.iro

This IRO has had redundant files removed from the char.lgp and battle.lgp. For field models, I removed pretty much every file except the ones used by the 6-7 new models but this means that vanilla field models are now being used if no other mods are applied. For the battle folder, the character models were removed (not the enemy models).

In short, all field model mods should work now. Character battle models can be replaced, but not the enemy ones. Everything else like field backgrounds & menu portraits etc. should also be replaceable assuming 7H is set up correctly. If making IROs to apply field backgrounds, bear in mind that you only need Chunk 9 of the flevel; there's a chunk tool in 7H that can strip field files down into the desired chunks (NT uses chunks 1, 3, and 7 which are scripts, character model loader, and encounter table).

But I need to also say that I don't have 7H installed anymore, so the IRO is untested. I decompiled it from the one available on the front page of this thread though so the integrity of the other files should be intact; but if you encounter crashes, let me know which field it was as it may be due to a missing field file.

LCRava

• View Profile
« Reply #6227 on: 2017-10-12 01:09:43 »
Sorry for the lateness of it:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/nxkj3udxta4z4rt/FF7%20NT%20IRO%20-%20Fixed%20Files.iro

This IRO has had redundant files removed from the char.lgp and battle.lgp. For field models, I removed pretty much every file except the ones used by the 6-7 new models but this means that vanilla field models are now being used if no other mods are applied. For the battle folder, the character models were removed (not the enemy models).

In short, all field model mods should work now. Character battle models can be replaced, but not the enemy ones. Everything else like field backgrounds & menu portraits etc. should also be replaceable assuming 7H is set up correctly. If making IROs to apply field backgrounds, bear in mind that you only need Chunk 9 of the flevel; there's a chunk tool in 7H that can strip field files down into the desired chunks (NT uses chunks 1, 3, and 7 which are scripts, character model loader, and encounter table).

But I need to also say that I don't have 7H installed anymore, so the IRO is untested. I decompiled it from the one available on the front page of this thread though so the integrity of the other files should be intact; but if you encounter crashes, let me know which field it was as it may be due to a missing field file.

Thank you for this Sega. I’ll be testing it momentarily. Are you taking donations?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6228 on: 2017-10-12 01:48:24 »
Thank you for this Sega. I’ll be testing it momentarily. Are you taking donations?

You don't have to, this happened because I made a mistake with the IRO files and added the whole archive instead of just the NT ones. I didn't realise until I unpacked it tonight that all the files were in there.

LCRava

• View Profile
« Reply #6229 on: 2017-10-12 15:39:39 »
You don't have to, this happened because I made a mistake with the IRO files and added the whole archive instead of just the NT ones. I didn't realise until I unpacked it tonight that all the files were in there.

I’d still like to because I really enjoy your mod!

LCRava

• View Profile
« Reply #6230 on: 2017-10-12 23:07:01 »

Hi Sega.

I still need your help. I isolated the issue(s) that is causing the game to the char.lgp and world_us.lgp folders (using the original ff7 folders it works fine). Any idea what might be causing this? These folders have been working fine with all the other mods (even hardcore or reasonable difficulty), but I cant figure out a way to make them work with NT.

Here are the folders:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ir1m3no7969vc04/char.lgp

http://www.mediafire.com/file/700tzgaqh71s0mc/world_us.lgp

Thanks for the help!
« Last Edit: 2017-10-12 23:25:33 by LCRava »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6231 on: 2017-10-13 00:43:41 »
Found the problem; when adding parts to a field model, I think what the tool does is it takes the original part and adds a number to the end of its name. This means that the parts I've made for NT-specific models have the same name as the parts used in other mods.

This is a bit of a pickle. I don't mind removing the new models that were used for the main characters as they should have been separated into their own mod anyway, but there's 6 or so unique NT-specific field models that are also using parts with clashing file names. What I could do is:

1) Make an IRO that temporarily replaces the NT field models with 'dummy' ones so that it won't crash if they're removed or replaced. This means the char.lgp component would no longer be needed for NT ensuring maximum compatibility with field model mods.

2) Take the NT-specific field models and rename their files with designations that are unlikely to clash with other files. This might take some time though because I think I need to mount each renamed part again to the skeleton manually and I don't know how it goes with the .rsd files.

The world_us.lgp however only contains the main character models so that can be removed from the NT IRO without incident. I'll do this now; but I'll keep the two IROs separate until it's sorted out.
« Last Edit: 2017-10-13 01:26:56 by Sega Chief »

LCRava

• View Profile
« Reply #6232 on: 2017-10-13 01:14:36 »
Found the problem; when adding parts to a field model, I think what the tool does is it takes the original part and adds a number to the end of its name. This means that the parts I've made for NT-specific models have the same name as the parts used in other mods.

This is a bit of a pickle. I don't mind removing the new models that were used for the main characters as they should have been separated into their own mod anyway, but there's 6 or so unique NT-specific field models that are also using parts with clashing file names. What I could do is:

1) Make an IRO that temporarily replaces the NT field models with 'dummy' ones so that it won't crash if they're removed or replaced. This means the char.lgp component would no longer be needed for NT ensuring maximum compatibility with field model mods.

2) Take the NT-specific field models and rename their files with designations that are unlikely to clash with other files. This might take some time though because I think I need to mount each renamed part again to the skeleton manually and I don't know how it goes with the .rsd files.

The world_us.lgp however only contains the main character models so that can be removed from the NT IRO without incident. I'll do this now; but I'll keep the two IROs separate until it's sorted out.

Thank you so much Sega Chief. You made my day! Even my wife asked me today how come I have already reinstalled this game at least 20 times instead of playing something else. I told her there is nothing else... hahahahaha

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6233 on: 2017-10-13 01:27:03 »
Right, I went through the flevel and removed all references to special NT field models, deleted the world_us folder, and left only a handful of aeris-specific animation files in the char.lgp. It should work with any char/world mods now.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/w5q2pq9mvlow0jf/ff7%20NT%20IRO%20-%20Prototype.iro

If you see any floating cars, pretend it was a robot scorpion s:

LCRava

• View Profile
« Reply #6234 on: 2017-10-13 01:40:08 »
Right, I went through the flevel and removed all references to special NT field models, deleted the world_us folder, and left only a handful of aeris-specific animation files in the char.lgp. It should work with any char/world mods now.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/w5q2pq9mvlow0jf/ff7%20NT%20IRO%20-%20Prototype.iro

Thank you so much! Let me know about donations!

LCRava

• View Profile
« Reply #6235 on: 2017-10-13 02:34:11 »
Thank you so much! Let me know about donations!

I can’t figure out why, but it’s still crashing the exact same way. Did you get it working at all?

Is it possible to inject the files from the folders I sent directly in your mod?

Thank you for taking the time to help me get this working.
« Last Edit: 2017-10-13 03:04:41 by LCRava »

LCRava

• View Profile
« Reply #6236 on: 2017-10-13 05:38:35 »

Found the problem. NT is still overwriting enemy models in the field and in battle (for example Shinra soldiers). Please let me know if there’s a way to fix this! Thanks Sega.
« Last Edit: 2017-10-13 06:46:02 by LCRava »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6237 on: 2017-10-14 02:24:13 »
Found the problem. NT is still overwriting enemy models in the field and in battle (for example Shinra soldiers). Please let me know if there’s a way to fix this! Thanks Sega.

I'll just merge all the files into their respective .lgp archives to get this sorted.

LCRava

• View Profile
« Reply #6238 on: 2017-10-14 05:23:54 »
I'll just merge all the files into their respective .lgp archives to get this sorted.

Thank you much Sega. I got everything working yesterday with the exception of NT. I am sorry I couldn’t be of more help sorting this out on my own.
« Last Edit: 2017-10-14 21:40:36 by LCRava »

Goog

• View Profile
« Reply #6239 on: 2017-10-14 06:02:30 »
Loving the mod so far but I've been wondering- every video I see on youtube of fights I'm having trouble with, everyone has deathblow already. I'm in the temple of the ancients now and have still not found it. Are the videos just from an old version where deathblow was placed differently? And if someone knows where it is the current version I'd love to know.

Bowser9

• View Profile
« Reply #6240 on: 2017-10-14 09:05:57 »
Loving the mod so far but I've been wondering- every video I see on youtube of fights I'm having trouble with, everyone has deathblow already. I'm in the temple of the ancients now and have still not found it. Are the videos just from an old version where deathblow was placed differently? And if someone knows where it is the current version I'd love to know.

That's an older version where you'd find it in the usual place, on the path out of Gongaga. If memory serves, Deathblow is somewhere in Gaea's Cliff.

magictrufflez

• View Profile
« Reply #6241 on: 2017-10-14 20:11:21 »
Hi Sega Chief--just playing through NT 1.5 and I'm just starting the end game on normal mode.  Some possibly unintentional things that may have been overlooked that I've noticed:

---Not sure if she always does this, but the item shop merchant in Wutai has a bit of a screwy text display when you talk to her (the text seems to not line break at the correct point, and it looks like some text may be missing)

---You really made the KotR fight much easier than in 1.4, because I actually beat it pretty handily this time (and despite your nerfing it still breaks so much with correct setups). HOWEVER, one thing I think you may have overlooked, or perhaps cannot fix, is how the Master Summon Materia (and summon Materia generally) interacts with the Quadra Magic and MP Turbo materias. Master Summon still allows you to summon any summon an infinite number of times as in the original, but Quadra Magic and MP Turbo will give you multiple summons of any paired individual summon materia before you get Master Summon. This meant I had 5 Quadra Bahamt Zero's ready to go before I was sniffing KotR, and while still somewhat late-game, this of course broke some stuff earlier than expected.

Still, just FYI, using a KotR with a Master Summon allows for infinite KotR summoning and some still incredibly overpowered setups considering how this mod was balanced (you can do the same in vanilla to the Nth degree, but your mod is a lot finer tuned than vanilla).

---I can't believe you did that for the diorama prize.  Have you no shame???

But seriously, I'm enjoying 1.5 so much more than 1.4, partially because I know what's going on now.  I'm really looking forward to actually being able to do stuff in the crater too now (the steal mechanics seem 100% more reasonable this go around)

Maxyo45

• View Profile
« Reply #6242 on: 2017-10-15 02:40:45 »
Hey, Sega. Longtime Lurker. Wanted to let you know of something I've experienced with 1.5. I love it so far, but for some reason maybe this is intended or not. My not mainstay party is way behind in levels I'm talking almost 10 levels behind Cloud, Tifa, and Aeris is at 51 while everyone else is 41 or less. I'm stuck on the Execution stage of Junon, because Barret and Cait Sith are getting destroyed without much of a fight, and I have no savescum to fall back to that was before the Whrilwind Maze.

I'll figure something out to get past it, but I was wondering if the party level catch up is meant to be that far behind?

Bowser9

• View Profile
« Reply #6243 on: 2017-10-15 08:34:50 »
Oh yea, before I forget.

Spoiler: show

Dark Cave's quest; Sector 7 pillar.

After completing the event and getting 2 party members back, you can still walk through the fence and enter the sequence again. This doesn't really do anything to break or lock the game as far as I could tell.

LCRava

• View Profile
« Reply #6244 on: 2017-10-15 08:59:42 »

Sega, Tsunamix helped me figure it out. All it’s working so far. Love your mod. Stay gangster!

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6245 on: 2017-10-15 12:24:53 »
Sega, Tsunamix helped me figure it out. All it’s working so far. Love your mod. Stay gangster!

He did? I'd gotten as far as the char.lgp but these files are a lot bigger than I'd realised s:

I guess I owe Tsunamix a favour then!

LCRava

• View Profile
« Reply #6246 on: 2017-10-15 12:29:16 »
He did? I'd gotten as far as the char.lgp but these files are a lot bigger than I'd realised s:

I guess I owe Tsunamix a favour then!

Derek helped me out initially and then Tsunamix. I did it myself, they told me where to go to get the tools. If you need me to send you the fixed file just say the word and if you ever need help with your mods and I know how to do it, let me know. Thanks again for your help and most importantly your amazing mod. I’ll be ready when you start taking donations for it!

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6247 on: 2017-10-15 17:33:45 »
Derek helped me out initially and then Tsunamix. I did it myself, they told me where to go to get the tools. If you need me to send you the fixed file just say the word and if you ever need help with your mods and I know how to do it, let me know. Thanks again for your help and most importantly your amazing mod. I’ll be ready when you start taking donations for it!

There's a link to the paypal for donations on the front page, but don't use it unless you're sure it's all right s:

Speaking of donations though, I recently spotted a pretty hefty one from a fellow called P. B on the 24th September; thanks for the donation, bud :3

Neo Shot

• View Profile
« Reply #6248 on: 2017-10-16 04:05:14 »
Hey, I just wanted to say I love the mod! Never going back to vanilla! Anyway, I would like to say two things I did not like from the mod.

One is about Aerith. I like that you kept her alive. However, do you think that Aerith is more important to the story then, lets say Yuffie? Of course, right? Well after Aerith's "not death," she becomes as important to the story as someone like Yuffie. What I am trying to say is Aerith has a one of the biggest roles in the story, but when she gets "killed," she becomes less important in this mod. I also didn't like that she was kinda a copy of Yuffie in the Airship. She never had motion sickness in the past, why give that to her now? I think she should have been in the main room with everyone else, and talked about the things going on, instead of talking about the airship or motion sickness.

Also I think she deserves more scenes if you are going to keep her alive. Like after she gets stabbed, you could have a scene with cloud tending her wounds while asking her what she was doing. Then she could say,"IDK, I was just following the voices of the planet. Or if you bring her to Sephiroth in the Whirlwind Maze, she could have a bit more dialog than saying one liners because she sort of has a connection with him at that point.

My second thing I wanted to say is at the end in the North Crater. I went down a ledge that I couldn't get back up to. There was a save point somewhere down there. So I saved my game and then there was a boss fight. Abyss I think it was called. The faceless Molboro. Well, it was the hardest boss that I have fought thus far. I could not beat it. So I decided to try to level up in that area. But even the random encounter were too hard. So basically, I was trapped there because I could even level up and I couldn't go back the way I came. I lost 90+ hour game thanks to that. Could you either put some lower lvled enemies there, or put a way to go back up on that ledge?

I only bring up these points not to insult, but to criticize because I love this mod and I just want to see it improve. Keep up the good work!

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6249 on: 2017-10-16 15:05:13 »
Hey, I just wanted to say I love the mod! Never going back to vanilla! Anyway, I would like to say two things I did not like from the mod.

One is about Aerith. I like that you kept her alive. However, do you think that Aerith is more important to the story then, lets say Yuffie? Of course, right? Well after Aerith's "not death," she becomes as important to the story as someone like Yuffie. What I am trying to say is Aerith has a one of the biggest roles in the story, but when she gets "killed," she becomes less important in this mod. I also didn't like that she was kinda a copy of Yuffie in the Airship. She never had motion sickness in the past, why give that to her now? I think she should have been in the main room with everyone else, and talked about the things going on, instead of talking about the airship or motion sickness.

Also I think she deserves more scenes if you are going to keep her alive. Like after she gets stabbed, you could have a scene with cloud tending her wounds while asking her what she was doing. Then she could say,"IDK, I was just following the voices of the planet. Or if you bring her to Sephiroth in the Whirlwind Maze, she could have a bit more dialog than saying one liners because she sort of has a connection with him at that point.

My second thing I wanted to say is at the end in the North Crater. I went down a ledge that I couldn't get back up to. There was a save point somewhere down there. So I saved my game and then there was a boss fight. Abyss I think it was called. The faceless Molboro. Well, it was the hardest boss that I have fought thus far. I could not beat it. So I decided to try to level up in that area. But even the random encounter were too hard. So basically, I was trapped there because I could even level up and I couldn't go back the way I came. I lost 90+ hour game thanks to that. Could you either put some lower lvled enemies there, or put a way to go back up on that ledge?

I only bring up these points not to insult, but to criticize because I love this mod and I just want to see it improve. Keep up the good work!

A couple people have found themselves stuck due to the Abyss thing; I'll add a way to get back up.