Author Topic: [FFX] Dark Bahamut - Saved game editor!  (Read 15478 times)

LJH

• View Profile
[FFX] Dark Bahamut - Saved game editor!
« on: 2009-04-27 10:05:33 »
http://www.gyakutenwiki.net/DarkBahamut.zip

Requires you to extract the save file with PS2 Save Builder first, I might look at directly editing cheat device files at a later stage but it's not high on my to do list.

So far, it can edit:
-Character stats, overdrive, kill count, sphere level, total sphere level
-Aeon stats, overdrive, kill count, (Yojimbo only) compatibility
-Monster Arena captures and unlocked creations
-Items (not yet equipment though, but that's on my to do list and probably the next thing I'll do)
-Gil, play time, and current location
-New: You can set which Dark Aeons (and Penance) have or haven't been defeated. Useful if you Zanmato'd one that was in your way before you were strong enough to beat it, and now want to come back and fight it properly.

Also, if you have a save file with an incorrect checksum, you can load it in DB then save it (without modifying anything) and it *should* work again.

I can confirm from many reports that it works fine with the PAL English version, it *should* also work with all other versions except the original Japanese (International Japanese should be fine).
« Last Edit: 2009-04-28 02:52:13 by LJH »

polaris_027

Re: [FFX] Dark Bahamut - Saved game editor!
« Reply #1 on: 2009-04-27 21:45:07 »
this is goood..does it work with pcsx2 save game file?

LJH

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009-04-28 02:51:24 »
Yes, but not directly.

You would need to extract it from the PCSX2 memory card file using a program called "MyMC", then from the extracted file (which would be identical to one transferred from a memory card via a cheat device) extract again with PS2 Save Builder.

The only case in which you don't need to do any extracting is if you transfer the raw save from a memory card using uLaunchELF.

Armorvil

• Working on : FFVII Total Grudge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009-04-28 08:34:55 »
Err... Why did your topic get closed, back on GFaqs ?
Anyways, I noticed a problem with DB when trying to edit a saved file from the PAL French FFX : first, it doesn't recognize its saved file. I always have to select "all files" as file type in order to select my BESCES-50491FF090600.

Also, the general menu as well as the Items and Aeons ones work fine, but the Characters and Monster Arena tabs don't seem to work. The reason being the fact that the values there are the game's initial values - not the saved file's values. For example, my Tidus has 820 HP and 27 Strength, but in your utility he still has 520 HP and 15 Strength. And about the captured monsters : I captured all enemies in Besaid and Kilika (x10), but Dark Bahamut still says I didn't capture any.

EDIT:

Never mind about my first question, I just saw the new topic ;)
« Last Edit: 2009-04-28 14:05:56 by Armorvil »

polaris_027

« Reply #4 on: 2009-04-28 15:15:32 »
Yes, but not directly.

You would need to extract it from the PCSX2 memory card file using a program called "MyMC", then from the extracted file (which would be identical to one transferred from a memory card via a cheat device) extract again with PS2 Save Builder.

The only case in which you don't need to do any extracting is if you transfer the raw save from a memory card using uLaunchELF.

would you kindly elaborate on the procedure? i dont know what im doing..after i extract it with Mmcy, then open the extracted file with the ps2 save builder..and what do i do next? :?

EDIT:

using my incredibly brilliant mind, I've finally figured it out! THNXQ! :-D
« Last Edit: 2009-04-28 15:32:27 by polaris_027 »

LJH

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009-04-28 19:21:07 »
Err... Why did your topic get closed, back on GFaqs ?
Anyways, I noticed a problem with DB when trying to edit a saved file from the PAL French FFX : first, it doesn't recognize its saved file. I always have to select "all files" as file type in order to select my BESCES-50491FF090600.

Also, the general menu as well as the Items and Aeons ones work fine, but the Characters and Monster Arena tabs don't seem to work. The reason being the fact that the values there are the game's initial values - not the saved file's values. For example, my Tidus has 820 HP and 27 Strength, but in your utility he still has 520 HP and 15 Strength. And about the captured monsters : I captured all enemies in Besaid and Kilika (x10), but Dark Bahamut still says I didn't capture any.

EDIT:

Never mind about my first question, I just saw the new topic ;)

Could you send me some save files from your version? Getting them in the list will be easy enough, fixing up the offsets may be a bit trickier.

Also - can you contact me on MSN or email? There's something else I'm trying to do, and I need assistance from someone with a non-English PAL version of FFX. I know for sure the Spanish version will work, but others are worth a try too.

Armorvil

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009-04-28 22:49:25 »
Could you send me some save files from your version? Getting them in the list will be easy enough, fixing up the offsets may be a bit trickier.

No prob, I just sent you an email.

Also - can you contact me on MSN or email? There's something else I'm trying to do, and I need assistance from someone with a non-English PAL version of FFX. I know for sure the Spanish version will work, but others are worth a try too.

Again, no problem. I forgot to mention this in my email, but you can explain to me how I can assist you in your reply  :-)

LJH

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009-04-29 11:15:24 »
Can you try, either with a cheat device (RAW code 1031958A 00000001, let me know if you need it converted - for PCSX2 patches, it's adress 0031958A, value 00000001, enabled yes, place to patch 1, type short, leave all others as default) or Dark Bahamut (room number 1), to get into the debug menu, and see if you can complete the following sequence once in it: (you don't have to worry about using Jokers to turn the debug code off, as it only has an effect when loading a game)

1) nakazawa
2) to battle menu
3) Battle Settings
4) Invincible
5) "Input Monster Command", set it to "ON"

If you can do this, can you get me save _states_ (through PCSX2) firstly with the option turned off, and second with it turned on?
If you can't do that, could you at least confirm whether it can be done in the French version?

As for your save file, I got the email, but I've been pretty busy today but may have time to look at it tomorrow. However, could you send me more info on it? (Firstly, exactly which values don't work? And secondly, what they /should/ be when loading your file?)

Armorvil

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009-04-29 19:16:05 »
Can you try, either with a cheat device (RAW code 1031958A 00000001, let me know if you need it converted - for PCSX2 patches, it's adress 0031958A, value 00000001, enabled yes, place to patch 1, type short, leave all others as default) or Dark Bahamut (room number 1), to get into the debug menu, and see if you can complete the following sequence once in it: (you don't have to worry about using Jokers to turn the debug code off, as it only has an effect when loading a game)

1) nakazawa
2) to battle menu
3) Battle Settings
4) Invincible
5) "Input Monster Command", set it to "ON"

If you can do this, can you get me save _states_ (through PCSX2) firstly with the option turned off, and second with it turned on?
If you can't do that, could you at least confirm whether it can be done in the French version?

No matter what I select in the debug room, I always have a black screen. Meaning it can't be done, I guess.

LJH

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009-04-30 08:47:22 »
Okay, thanks anyway. I'll keep trying to get assistance from someone with the Spanish (or maybe German) version.

Anyway, once again I haven't had time today, but I should do tomorrow and if not, definately will on the weekend and Monday.

As I asked before: Can you please send me information on what exactly doesn't work in your version, what values should be there, and ESPECIALLY - for example, if when you capture a Dingo, Dark Bahamut reports you as having captured a Tonberry, information like this is the most useful of all.

Armorvil

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009-04-30 13:43:44 »
As I asked before: Can you please send me information on what exactly doesn't work in your version, what values should be there, and ESPECIALLY - for example, if when you capture a Dingo, Dark Bahamut reports you as having captured a Tonberry, information like this is the most useful of all.

I can't tell you much more than that, unfortunately. It's exactly as you said : capturing a monster sets another one as captured in Dark Bahamut. For example, I captured almost all monsters in Besaid, Kilika, Mi'ihen and Mushroom Rock, but most of these monsters are unchecked. Instead, random monsters from areas I didn't visit yet got checked. I can't tell you what monster leads to which monster being checked in DB, since it would require extensive testing I'm in no condition to do.

As for the Characters Menu, it looks like it only shows base stats and doesn't take into account activated nodes. Also, Kills, Sphere Levels and Overdrive% work fine, but Total Sphere Levels work strangely. It's always at 100, and contrarily to what I expected, putting 1 into Rikku's menu didn't make her needed AP to level-up to decrease. But maybe I misunderstand its use.

LJH

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009-05-01 00:31:18 »
No, that's a mistake on my side there with total sphere level.

Anyway, do the monsters appear in the same order (in-game, when you go to the arena to fight/check them) in your version? If so, can I just ask you to check one thing: Which monster gets set as captured when you capture a Dingo?

Armorvil

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009-05-01 10:20:36 »
Yeah, I own both the Japanese FFX International and the French PAL version, and the monsters appear in the same order. Luckily, I can give you a little more than the Dingo info :

- Capturing Dingo in Besaid sets, in DB, Ipiria on the Mi'ihen Highroad
- Capturing Condor in Besaid sets, in DB, Basilisk on the Djose Highroad
- Capturing Water Flan in Besaid sets, in DB, Raptor on the Mushroom Rock Road

And for the lolz :

- Capturing Pirhanas in the Underwater Ruins / Besaid lake, sets, in DB, Coeurls on the Calm Lands
- Capturing Ultros (Orthros in the International/NA version - the octopus in the Underwater Ruins) sets, in DB, Dingo on Besaid (looks like they forgot to make this boss immune to capture  :-D )

Yup, I fail to see the logic, but that's how it is. 
« Last Edit: 2009-05-01 10:27:03 by Armorvil »

LJH

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009-05-02 03:39:32 »
I'll look into the stat problem soon, but the Monster Arena problem really is beyond me. It seems to be completely random, so unless I knew exactly what was where, I don't think I could fix it. You could try setting everything to different values in DB, then see which ones have which values, but as I don't have the French version, that's pretty much the only option.

If you know anyone with them, could you also see if the Spanish and German versions have similar (or identical) problems? And also, does it work correctly with your Int version?

LJH

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009-05-02 03:50:00 »
Just had a look at it. I noticed some odd stuff in the equipment menu (not available in released versions yet) - have you been messing around with the equipment, or is this another bug I need to look into? I'm thinking it's something you've done yourself, rather than a bug, simply because there are no errors at all with the equipment of Aeons or Seymour...

Anyway, can you tell me what Tidus's stats are in the save you sent? Then, I should be able to fix up the stat problem.
« Last Edit: 2009-05-02 03:54:39 by LJH »

LJH

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009-05-02 05:35:25 »
Never mind. I found the Monster Arena problem to be one that applied to all versions. It just so happened that the few random monsters I decided to specifically test, were the few that actually worked correctly. >_>
It should be fine now.

As for the stats problem: I found the stats in two locations. However, one of these does not increase as your stats with the Sphere Grid do. I didn't notice this as I only had an NSG file on hand, and didn't think such a problem would occur. I'll look into it further at a later date, but for now, it at least reads from the current stats one, so you shouldn't encounter that problem anymore.

As for French version files not showing up: Fixed.

I'll upload the update in a few minutes, when I get Spanish and German version files showing up.

EDIT: I can't find a German save to work with, so I can't get that loading. However, Spanish and French version saves will now show up in the load menu. It's uploaded.
« Last Edit: 2009-05-02 05:41:11 by LJH »