Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4837076 times)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.5)
« Reply #8575 on: 2019-09-20 10:32:06 »
Hello, on "Disc 3" of the Steam Version here, and finally taking on my party's final limit break sidequests. Which are great, but the game isn't terribly clear on all of them.

Right now I'm stuck on Cid's sidequest. I visited the Tiny Bronco, and the mechanic made allusions to needing something Shin-Ra made, and mentioned Wall Market.

Well I went to Wall Market and scoured it. It's possible I missed something but I know I checked every place anything Shin-Ra or mechanical could be.

Furthermore when I search playthroughs of this mod, this doesn't match my playthrough at all: when the party returns to Cid's house, there is no discussion about the Tiny Bronco - instead they meet Cid's protoge and fight his creations? The playthroughs also show Tifa as party leader, making me believe I could have pursued everyone's final limit breaks before regaining Cloud - an option that was not made available to me. The "New Threat" guy on the Highwind's bridge didn't become available until I hit the Northern Cave after defeating Hojo. So far I've gotten Barret's and Red XIII's without issue (unless you count the pain and humiliation of multiple defeats haha) and have located but not yet beaten Vincent's and Yuffie's.

TL;DR So here's my questions:

1) Has the quest for Cid's final limit changed in this most recent version of the mod? Because let's plays of the mod seem to indicate that. Unless...

2) Is there a bug where the little twerp doesn't appear in Cid's house like he's supposed to? Or...

3) Am I just missing the next part of the quest due to my ignorance? I checked everywhere with Cid in my party.

That sounds like an old version, 1.4 probably. The catalog IRO still hasn't been updated. Updating now to 1.5 would be a bad idea as some of the savemap variables were changed around between versions.

Sorry to hear you got sick Sega Chief, hope you get better soon.

Also a quick question for when you rejoin the forums: Any idea when there will be a new version of the vanilla combat mode? I am really looking forward to that one.

Anyway, best wishes, hope to see you back soon.

I'll sort it out during the weekend; I need to figure out how to fix this corrupted field.

Thanks Markul and Kain for fielding questions this week while I was ill.

rnolazco

• View Profile
« Reply #8576 on: 2019-09-20 11:04:34 »
Sorry to bother but I seemed to have missed out on Death Sentence during the Cosmo Canyon portion. Is there no other place to get it?

nirwanda

• View Profile
« Reply #8577 on: 2019-09-20 12:24:15 »
According to what I read in the documentation you can enter cosmo canyon again in disk 3

markul

• View Profile
« Reply #8578 on: 2019-09-20 19:00:21 »
That sounds like an old version, 1.4 probably. The catalog IRO still hasn't been updated. Updating now to 1.5 would be a bad idea as some of the savemap variables were changed around between versions.

I'll sort it out during the weekend; I need to figure out how to fix this corrupted field.

Thanks Markul and Kain for fielding questions this week while I was ill.
Dont mentione it O_o

Lol, no I didn't activate it.
If you want to go the extra mile to help me and check the save game.... https://www.dropbox.com/s/w6c4ekic1flohgw/FINAL%20FANTASY%20VII%20Steam.rar?dl=1
Thanks a lot again, you're a amazing
Ok now i undesrtand  it xD there is no problem,the only thing its that Sega put a condition to  activate the piano event in other moment of the game(makes sense) i suppose that if you try again in the Disc 3 you could activate the event =)

nirwanda

• View Profile
« Reply #8579 on: 2019-09-20 19:01:48 »
Weird.  :o
Ok, thanks a lot for all the help! :)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8580 on: 2019-09-21 16:12:04 »
So I've been working on the vanilla combat version today, here's progress so far:

1) Removed the battle trigger in Mythril Mines
2) Checked Battle Square; it seems to have been fixed from the last update but maybe the IRO was generated with the wrong flevel or something. As a side-effect I got the achievement for starting a battle in Battle Square which was the last one I was missing; only took me 6 years :I
3) Materia was all set to be obtained at 0AP, some were still dropping as maxed like a few of the summons.
4) Osmose materia was disabled from pick-up as it doesn't have data set in the vanilla kernel.
5) Shinra Mansion now accessible again, the soldiers were disabled but one of their scripts was locking the triangle used to access it.
6) Ending behaviour trigger removed altogether for standard ending.

Anything missing? As in, battle triggers for fights that shouldn't exist with vanilla enemies? Or inaccessible equipment/materia?

Next, I'll look at the regular NT version. I think the ending is still going wrong which is a bit baffling but I'll just remove the script call altogether if it's still in there. There'll be some FF8 NT progress to report on tomorrow as well.
« Last Edit: 2019-09-21 16:14:41 by Sega Chief »

demos1085

• View Profile
« Reply #8581 on: 2019-09-21 21:43:32 »
Thanks for your hard work Sega Chief.

From what I see in my first playthrought there are a couple of things that had not been adressed.

1. The Boss battle in the North Crater, during Sephyroth´s Reunion, it loaded a group of weird enemies, whent it should load jenova-DEATH.
2. In both the Temple of the Acients and the Norther Crater sometimes you are atacked by a monster with the model of the "Acrophies" (That Snake-crab Thingy) the bakground will be all Black and the moster wont take any action, exepct showing a message saying "Sorry you have found a battle error please contact staff" (I don´t remeber the exact wording but that was the general intent of the message) the monster had a lot of HP but you could kill it normally with some patience, after the battle the game will continue as normal.
3. During my playthrought I picked some items with a blank name and no descriptions in the menu, I don´t remember where, since I only notice them when I was selling some things in a shop, I sold them to get rid of them so no big deal.
4. I don,t remeber exactly where but one of the scripted battles will load the custom Yuffie recruit Battle (Yuffie againts everyone else), instead of the intended enemy, sorry, I know this last one is too vague to be usefull but I wanted to note it before I forget about it.

Again thanks for this great mod, and keep up the good work.

BiffaloeIII

• View Profile
« Reply #8582 on: 2019-09-22 02:17:22 »
Need some help with a problem.

I'm attempting to play the New Threat mod through the mod loader in order to play through 1.5 with some additional mods, primarily the ninostyle battle models, but the mod loader is bugged for some people running the latest version of windows 10 and unfortunately I'm one of those people. So I'm having to use a work around by setting the exe's resolution to 640x480 in the exe's properties but it's causing some strange problems. I've tried this with all the mods deactivated and the problem still persists.
(apologies if the images don't display properly, I'm new to actually posting on forums)

https://i.imgur.com/Z0QuGzU.png
https://i.imgur.com/yACB1oK.png
https://i.imgur.com/hBZzkey.png

I am using no other mods except for New Threat 1.5 and NinoStyle Battle Models.
I've reached out on the mod loader forum and I've been told to reach out here in case it has something to do with the New Threat mod.
Here's the link to that thread for more details.   http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=19232.new#new.

Shampignon

• View Profile
« Reply #8583 on: 2019-09-22 11:36:44 »
Hello Sega Chief.

I'm playing the NT mod with the latest version and the Zolom didn't use Alpha. He shot me with Beta, as in the normal version.
Is it normal ?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8584 on: 2019-09-22 11:46:14 »
Thanks for your hard work Sega Chief.

From what I see in my first playthrought there are a couple of things that had not been adressed.

1. The Boss battle in the North Crater, during Sephyroth´s Reunion, it loaded a group of weird enemies, whent it should load jenova-DEATH.
2. In both the Temple of the Acients and the Norther Crater sometimes you are atacked by a monster with the model of the "Acrophies" (That Snake-crab Thingy) the bakground will be all Black and the moster wont take any action, exepct showing a message saying "Sorry you have found a battle error please contact staff" (I don´t remeber the exact wording but that was the general intent of the message) the monster had a lot of HP but you could kill it normally with some patience, after the battle the game will continue as normal.
3. During my playthrought I picked some items with a blank name and no descriptions in the menu, I don´t remember where, since I only notice them when I was selling some things in a shop, I sold them to get rid of them so no big deal.
4. I don,t remeber exactly where but one of the scripted battles will load the custom Yuffie recruit Battle (Yuffie againts everyone else), instead of the intended enemy, sorry, I know this last one is too vague to be usefull but I wanted to note it before I forget about it.

Again thanks for this great mod, and keep up the good work.

Ah thanks, I knew I was missing some but I couldn't spot them in my notes or on the thread.

Need some help with a problem.

I'm attempting to play the New Threat mod through the mod loader in order to play through 1.5 with some additional mods, primarily the ninostyle battle models, but the mod loader is bugged for some people running the latest version of windows 10 and unfortunately I'm one of those people. So I'm having to use a work around by setting the exe's resolution to 640x480 in the exe's properties but it's causing some strange problems. I've tried this with all the mods deactivated and the problem still persists.
(apologies if the images don't display properly, I'm new to actually posting on forums)

https://i.imgur.com/Z0QuGzU.png
https://i.imgur.com/yACB1oK.png
https://i.imgur.com/hBZzkey.png

I am using no other mods except for New Threat 1.5 and NinoStyle Battle Models.
I've reached out on the mod loader forum and I've been told to reach out here in case it has something to do with the New Threat mod.
Here's the link to that thread for more details.   http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=19232.new#new.

It looks like menu-overhaul/beacause is being used from the look of the menus. The font, layout, and gauge colour are different. You'll be wanting to use a standard ff7.exe so check in 7h and make sure it's targeting ff7.exe and not something like, say, ff7_mo.exe or similar. Other possible cause is that your ff7.exe itself has somehow been patched with menu_overhaul/beacause from earlier modding and has carried over.

Hello Sega Chief.

I'm playing the NT mod with the latest version and the Zolom didn't use Alpha. He shot me with Beta, as in the normal version.
Is it normal ?

That's fine, Alpha skill was repurposed into something else and Zolom was given Beta back.

Shampignon

• View Profile
« Reply #8585 on: 2019-09-22 12:42:57 »
Ok thanks for your answer

seijuro

• View Profile
    • Top-notch Сasual Dating - Verified Females
« Reply #8586 on: 2019-09-22 15:09:05 »
Hey Sega Chief, I just beat Powersoul keeper but he didn't drop HP<->MP materia, isn't he supposed to? I watched some videos on Youtube and noticed that he does drop it. I'm using the June 2019 iro NT version.  Is this a glitch?

BiffaloeIII

• View Profile
« Reply #8587 on: 2019-09-22 16:44:05 »
It looks like menu-overhaul/beacause is being used from the look of the menus. The font, layout, and gauge colour are different. You'll be wanting to use a standard ff7.exe so check in 7h and make sure it's targeting ff7.exe and not something like, say, ff7_mo.exe or similar. Other possible cause is that your ff7.exe itself has somehow been patched with menu_overhaul/beacause from earlier modding and has carried over.

I've been trying to fix this problem for 3 days and I coulda sworn I'd already tried switching exe's, but the problems fixed. Thanks for the help Chief!

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8588 on: 2019-09-22 23:27:23 »
Hey Sega Chief, I just beat Powersoul keeper but he didn't drop HP<->MP materia, isn't he supposed to? I watched some videos on Youtube and noticed that he does drop it. I'm using the June 2019 iro NT version.  Is this a glitch?

Yeah, he's supposed to drop it on the ground. Not heard of it not appearing before, it's the same script as the counter-attack materia drop used in default.

jumpercable

• View Profile
« Reply #8589 on: 2019-09-23 07:45:36 »
Hi, I installed the game and the music isn't on but the sound effects work.

jumpercable

• View Profile
« Reply #8590 on: 2019-09-23 16:17:22 »
I don't need the threat mod anymore but I don't think I would of donated even if I enjoyed the work that was done to make this project.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8591 on: 2019-09-23 22:09:04 »
Let's try these:
NT Vanilla Combat Installer 1.2
https://mega.nz/#!O1k2nShY!wHz4T3fkGTAQbJP2vTAksMFoJ_lJdI5XKHNsvmpyUhA

NT Vanilla Combat IRO 1.2
https://mega.nz/#!OpsygaSb!g-fHtr3QA2Z9Sp7WV4rBN7roX6G8F_46UZGzLOPU2WM

Changelog:
1) Removed the battle trigger in Mythril Mines
2) Checked Battle Square; seems to be functioning now
3) Materia was all set to be obtained at 0AP, some were still dropping as maxed like a few of the summons.
4) Osmose materia was disabled from pick-up as it doesn't have data set in the vanilla kernel.
5) Shinra Mansion now accessible again, the soldiers were disabled but one of their scripts was locking the triangle used to access it.
6) Ending behaviour trigger removed altogether for standard ending.
7) Some fight triggers changed to vanilla; Jenova-Death for instance, and some others removed (Elena fight in Icicle Inn)
8 ) I checked through for any left-over encounters still using IDs from the NT scene.bin but couldn't find the ones that were triggering in North Crater + Temple of the Ancients.
9) Did a sweep and altered new items to be default items instead, and made some text changes so that default names are being used

Hi, I installed the game and the music isn't on but the sound effects work.

If it's steam then the music should work by default, but if it's 7th Heaven then I think the music needs to be acquired/the folder with the MP3/OGG files has to be specified in the .cfg/7h settings.

demos1085

• View Profile
« Reply #8592 on: 2019-09-23 23:51:14 »
Thanks a lot Sega Chief  :D

I will start a new playtrougth of this new Vanilla version and report any anomaly, or other interesting things I find.

This will be fun  :)

demos1085

• View Profile
« Reply #8593 on: 2019-09-24 05:58:08 »
Hi everyone, I was playing the NT Vanilla Combat 1.2, and found a game crashing error in the escape from Shinra Tower.

In this part of the game the party splits in two, Aerith, Barret and Red XIII, take the elevators, while Cloud stays in the top floor to fight Rufus, and Tifa stays to wait for him, Aerith's team is supposed to be attacked by two robots in their ride of the elevators, but this battle is gliched, only the second robot attacks and the background is wrong, (it is supposed to be the moving elevators, instead is some sort of street or rooftop), once the battle is won the game continues normally, but after you finish the Bike chase minigame, the battle with the boss of that area won't load, (Boss battle music will play but the screen will remain black forever).

I think it is worth mentioning that this error was not present in the first version of the Vanilla Combat Mod, but appeared in both the first Revision (01-09-2019) and the second revision (23-09-2019), so maybe one of the new changes accidentally broke that especific battle by accident.

I will try to skip this battle using Black Chocobo and continue my playtrought so I could keep reporting what I find. See you later.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8594 on: 2019-09-24 08:14:31 »
Hi everyone, I was playing the NT Vanilla Combat 1.2, and found a game crashing error in the escape from Shinra Tower.

In this part of the game the party splits in two, Aerith, Barret and Red XIII, take the elevators, while Cloud stays in the top floor to fight Rufus, and Tifa stays to wait for him, Aerith's team is supposed to be attacked by two robots in their ride of the elevators, but this battle is gliched, only the second robot attacks and the background is wrong, (it is supposed to be the moving elevators, instead is some sort of street or rooftop), once the battle is won the game continues normally, but after you finish the Bike chase minigame, the battle with the boss of that area won't load, (Boss battle music will play but the screen will remain black forever).

I think it is worth mentioning that this error was not present in the first version of the Vanilla Combat Mod, but appeared in both the first Revision (01-09-2019) and the second revision (23-09-2019), so maybe one of the new changes accidentally broke that especific battle by accident.

I will try to skip this battle using Black Chocobo and continue my playtrought so I could keep reporting what I find. See you later.

Is the arrange mode option at the start of the game available by any chance? If it was a kernel synch issue then there probably would have been more wrong encounters by now but it sounds like it's pulling in Arrange battle IDs (Gunners have some unused battle scenes using the streets). When you fought Air Buster, was the camera at a different angle than the normal side-on one?

demos1085

• View Profile
« Reply #8595 on: 2019-09-24 13:12:40 »
Hi Sega Chief, thanks for your quick answer.

And yes, the "arrange mode" option at the start of the game was indeed available, and has been in every revision of the Vanilla mod, I didn't mentioned in any of my previous posts because I thought it was supposed to be that way, as it was part of the scrip changes, (For example, everytime a new member joins the party, a small text explains his or her "unique ability", even throug I'm pretty sure those not longer apply in the Vanilla Version) I always selected "normal mode" at the begining of every play, and never change to "arrange mode" (The guy that offers that option in the town of Corel still appears in the Vanilla Version).

As for the camera, I use "Auto" in the camera options, so the camera moves around during battle to enfacise some spells and attacks, I will try to change the camera to "Fixed" and report witch angle it uses, also there was another small detail, the Air Buster (Helicopter Robot) si already present when the battle stars then a second Air Buster decents and kind of overlaps with the first, and then the battle stars, I think this is a graphical error caused by the fact that in the original battle the Air Buster desents after the first robot (A type of land tank) is destroyed.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8596 on: 2019-09-24 14:13:10 »
Hi Sega Chief, thanks for your quick answer.

And yes, the "arrange mode" option at the start of the game was indeed available, and has been in every revision of the Vanilla mod, I didn't mentioned in any of my previous posts because I thought it was supposed to be that way, as it was part of the scrip changes, (For example, everytime a new member joins the party, a small text explains his or her "unique ability", even throug I'm pretty sure those not longer apply in the Vanilla Version) I always selected "normal mode" at the begining of every play, and never change to "arrange mode" (The guy that offers that option in the town of Corel still appears in the Vanilla Version).

As for the camera, I use "Auto" in the camera options, so the camera moves around during battle to enfacise some spells and attacks, I will try to change the camera to "Fixed" and report witch angle it uses, also there was another small detail, the Air Buster (Helicopter Robot) si already present when the battle stars then a second Air Buster decents and kind of overlaps with the first, and then the battle stars, I think this is a graphical error caused by the fact that in the original battle the Air Buster desents after the first robot (A type of land tank) is destroyed.

That'll be what it is; I was supposed to disable that and assumed I had so a lot of those fight/scene calls for arrange weren't touched. I'll remove that + the NPC that toggles it at ropeway station. The Airbuster thing is caused by arrange mode as well.

demos1085

• View Profile
« Reply #8597 on: 2019-09-24 14:46:38 »
Thanks Sega Chief you are the best.

I guess I will wait for that fix, I was messing with black chocobo but could not find the correct progresion point and end up messing up my save file :P, looking forward to the updated installer.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile

demos1085

• View Profile
« Reply #8599 on: 2019-09-25 12:56:12 »
Thans a lot Sega Chief, started a new game and so far everything is perfect, just passed the Shinra Elevator and highway battles and that problem has been resolved, will keep playing to the end and report anything else I find, but I have the feeling that every mayor issue has already been resolved.  :)

Thanks again, and keep up with your amazing modding work.