Author Topic: switching magic animations for enemy attack animations.....(need help)  (Read 9268 times)

SwornEnemy

• View Profile
hello,,,,,,,, i have seen videos on youtube where people have switched there magic animations and changed them for enemy attack animations.... i was just wondering if anyone here knows how to go about doing this and what programs i would need to do this...... please help me
thank you
« Last Edit: 2009-08-28 19:34:17 by SwornEnemy »

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
Re: switching magic animations for enemy attack animations
« Reply #1 on: 2009-08-28 19:35:36 »
Hmmm, dunno who would make vids like that, but he must be a genius :-D

Wall Market is the best program to use for this. Go to the attack tab and choose the magic whose animation you want to change. Animation ID is what you want to edit, so find the animation ID for the enemy attack that you want to use, add 4E to it in hex (there's a hexadecimal -> decimal converter here), and use that as the animation ID.

There's a list of attack animation IDs here (warning it's in decimal, so add 78 to these values and then convert them to hex, and use that number as the attack animation ID for your spells), and some more detailed info on attack animation indexes here
« Last Edit: 2009-08-28 19:38:53 by Kudistos Megistos »

SwornEnemy

• View Profile
Re: switching magic animations for enemy attack animations
« Reply #2 on: 2009-08-28 19:49:01 »
Hmmm, dunno who would make vids like that, but he must be a genius :-D

Wall Market is the best program to use for this. Go to the attack tab and choose the magic whose animation you want to change. Animation ID is what you want to edit, so find the animation ID for the enemy attack that you want to use, add 4E to it in hex (there's a hexadecimal -> decimal converter here), and use that as the animation ID.

There's a list of attack animation IDs here (warning it's in decimal, so add 78 to these values and then convert them to hex, and use that number as the attack animation ID for your spells), and some more detailed info on attack animation indexes here

ahhhh. it was ur vids that i saw on youtube kudistos,....
basically i want to change a magic for bizzaro sephiroths stigma attack,,,,, the animation ID for it is 8E,     i tried changing ultima for the stigma attack by editing the attack animation to 8E from 34..... but this didnt work and made the attack look like smoke shot or something..... i dont get the hex editing either...... :cry:

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
That's because the indexes are different :-P

Using 8E for a player attack is asking the game for the enemy attack with the ID 40, since you're adding that 4E to the enemy attack ID. And what enemy attack has the ID 40? Smoke Shot!

If you add 4E to Stigma's ID (so you put DC as the animation ID) and use that, it should work. There's no hex editing involved, just dealing with hexadecimal values.

BTW, I found this for anyone who's feeling lazy when doing sums with hex values.

SwornEnemy

• View Profile
sweet thank u ,,,, il try it now

edit:
lol,,,, it works but its going the wrong way,,,,bugger
is there anyway to turn the animations around so they travel in the other direction?

edit:
ok thank u anyway kudistos
« Last Edit: 2009-08-28 20:08:39 by SwornEnemy »

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
is there anyway to turn the animations around so they travel in the other direction?

Er, dunno. You'll have to hope that one of the more graphics-oriented people comes along and sees this thread :|

Matt2Tees

• Sauntam/MXster/Machinimatt
    • View Profile
How did you do it Kudistos? In your vid there not backwards...

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
I didn't do anything to them :3

There must be something about the Stigma animation in particular that makes it point a certain way.

Matt2Tees

• Sauntam/MXster/Machinimatt
    • View Profile
Oh I see, lol  :-D