Author Topic: can someone help me with moddding?  (Read 25096 times)

EmoKid1220

• View Profile
can someone help me with moddding?
« on: 2009-08-19 17:44:50 »
i am very new to modding and this site. (just started yesterday modding, just joined the site.) but i have already replaced cloud with rufus in the game. but when i get into a battle he reverts back to cloud. can anyone tell me how to fix this. i will post pictures of him as i progress through and ill eventually release a beta once i can get him into the battle. thanks a mil for those who help me.  :-D

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
Re: can someone help me with moddding?
« Reply #1 on: 2009-08-19 17:45:14 »
There are 2 different models for all the main characters. You replaced the field cloud. You have to replace battle cloud as well

EmoKid1220

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009-08-19 17:49:02 »
could you tell me how to do that. im alittle slow XP

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009-08-19 17:49:52 »
I dont really know how. But i know the files you want to replace are in battle.lgp

EmoKid1220

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009-08-19 17:51:52 »
darn... o well thanks for the info anyways. ^^

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009-08-19 17:52:51 »
I'll just warn you that you're going to have a lot of trouble with animations when using Rufus to replace Cloud, since Rufus only ever fires his gun and laughs; he's going to look really weird if you want to make him cast magic or wield a sword.

EmoKid1220

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009-08-19 17:54:35 »
i know it will be challenging. thats the fun part ^^ but once i get the hang of it itll b fine.  :wink:

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009-08-19 17:55:33 »
Somewhat off topic: Why do people want to change characters around?

EmoKid1220

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009-08-19 17:57:44 »
i wanna change them around for a friend of mine. he like rufus and was always complaining that he couldnt play as him so im making the mod for him.

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009-08-19 18:03:02 »
Ah cool. I was just curious. Not trying to demean what you are doing. Sounds like it will be interesting when done

SwornEnemy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009-08-19 18:12:02 »
emokid i don't think u understand what Kudistos Megistos is saying...

all the different battle models in the game have different animations, which would be how they attack with there weapon, wield there weapon, use magics, use items, and other things. these are all separate animations for each character.

now.....there is only one fight in the game when u fight Rufus. and all he does is attack, (i believe).. so the only animations that rufus is gonna have are his standing animation and his attacking animation,

so if u replace cloud with Rufus, whats gonna happen if u use, a magic, a summon,use a command like d.blow or steal,or even use ur normal attack, cause obviously Rufus has a gun not a sword.... .ur Rufus that u replaced for cloud isn't going to have these animations and will f**k up basically,

i would suggest not changing cloud for Rufus
« Last Edit: 2009-08-19 18:14:42 by ,Raziel »

EmoKid1220

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009-08-19 18:18:41 »
emokid i don't think u understand what Kudistos Megistos is saying...

all the different battle models in the game have different animations, which would be how they attack with there weapon, wield there weapon, use magics, use items, and other things. these are all separate animations for each character.

now.....there is only one fight in the game when u fight Rufus. and all he does is attack, (i believe).. so the only animations that rufus is gonna have are his standing animation and his attacking animation,

so if u replace cloud with Rufus, whats gonna happen if u use, a magic, a summon,use a command like d.blow or steal,or even use ur normal attack, cause obviously Rufus has a gun not a sword.... .ur Rufus that u replaced for cloud isn't going to have these animations and will f**k up basically,

i would suggest not changing cloud for Rufus

i get what ur saying but im still gonna give it a try and it it does mess up the game, ill give up and hope some1 else figures it out but in the meantime im gonna keep trying.

SwornEnemy

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009-08-19 18:20:01 »
all right fair play , i know how u could do it, but it would be very time consuming

u will need these programs:

lgptools and kimera09 (dont get kimera09b, there is a bad bug in it)
« Last Edit: 2009-08-19 18:22:41 by ,Raziel »

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009-08-19 18:22:04 »
Why not remodel vincent to look like rufus? Would be the easiest with in the fact that they both use guns

EmoKid1220

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009-08-19 18:24:44 »
all right fair play , i know how u could do it, but it would be very time consuming

ive got 2 weeks of free time. i just did the battle replacer thing so im about to see if it works now. if it does ill post a vid on youtube using fraps only if it works. ill also take screenshots and post them if it works.

EmoKid1220

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009-08-19 18:27:06 »
Why not remodel vincent to look like rufus? Would be the easiest with in the fact that they both use guns

eventually im gonna put all the turks members n w/ some of the shinra enemies. i was thinking about that tho but it b a while til i saw if it works cause i havent gotten far on the pc version of ff7.

EmoKid1220

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009-08-19 18:34:54 »

u will need these programs:

lgptools and kimera09 (dont get kimera09b, there is a bad bug in it)

ive got lgptools and kimera084b and 2 other versions of kimera.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009-08-19 18:38:44 »

eventually im gonna put all the turks members n w/ some of the shinra enemies. i was thinking about that tho but it b a while til i saw if it works cause i havent gotten far on the pc version of ff7.

There have been a few projects like this before and they all had some limitations; either the animations are awful or the Shinra characters are forced to use the weapons animations of the AVALANCHE characters and they look wrong. Some of these have been made by more experienced modders than you. If you can get a Turks mod working with no animation glitches and the Turks standing normally and using the right weapons, you'll be a god here, but it will take a lot more work than you seem to think it will take.

Also, use the modify button in the top-right corner of your posts to edit them instead of triple posting.

EmoKid1220

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009-08-19 18:42:29 »

There have been a few projects like this before and they all had some limitations; either the animations are awful or the Shinra characters are forced to use the weapons animations of the AVALANCHE characters and they look wrong. Some of these have been made by more experienced modders than you. If you can get a Turks mod working with no animation glitches and the Turks standing normally and using the right weapons, you'll be a god here, but it will take a lot more work than you seem to think it will take.

Also, use the modify button in the top-right corner of your posts to edit them instead of triple posting.

i know it will take forever to get it to work but i am determined to get it to work. and i probably wont stop til i do get it to work.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009-08-19 18:46:42 »
Well, good luck with that. :-P

If you do make some progress keep us updated and tell what you're doing so that others may use your knowledge to make more mods.

SwornEnemy

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009-08-19 18:47:58 »
cool well it looks like u know what ur doing really....
basically every model has different parts like there head , torso, waist, etc
find out what these individual files are called for rufus and then replace the same corisponding file for cloud ..simple
then just reposition the parts to the right place

SwornEnemy

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009-08-19 18:55:26 »
i would much rather have this than Rufus..............

as u can see ive placed clouds hands further apart
and i have made the sword quite a bit bigger as i prefer the look

this is the 'APZ' cloud wielding the 'Millenia' buster sword

all i have to say is well done APZ freak and millenia on there fantastic work, keep it up guys
« Last Edit: 2009-08-19 19:23:07 by ,Raziel »

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2009-08-19 18:57:48 »
 :-o

I hope that the sword looks that big because of perspective! :-D

Also, could people stop double posting? The modify button is there for a reason!

SwornEnemy

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2009-08-19 19:03:32 »
hmm..... yes................................perspective lol

« Last Edit: 2009-08-19 19:21:10 by ,Raziel »

EmoKid1220

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2009-08-19 19:15:49 »
i would much rather have this than Rufus..............

as u can see ive made clouds hands further apart
and i have made the sword quite a bit bigger as i prefer the look

this is the 'APZ' cloud wielding the 'Millenia' buster sword

all i have to say is well done APZ freak and millenia on there fantastic work, keep it up guys

i prefer APZ freak's cloud to its just my friend really wanted rufus and he asked me to do it today after i started modding. but i couldnt get him n battle. and i still cant.  T_T it crashed when i tried doing it but i WILL figure it out.