Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4837412 times)

Drayenn

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.5)
« Reply #9150 on: 2020-03-30 05:07:46 »
Are Stardusts supposed to deal that much damage? Having a stock of them has quickly invalidated a lot of fights.
« Last Edit: 2020-03-30 05:44:52 by Drayenn »

Ryudo

• View Profile
« Reply #9151 on: 2020-03-30 18:47:42 »
I was looking up some videos on NT 1.5 (and apparently found some 1.4 as well) - But I noticed a line in Sector 5 that was different from what I'm playing. It's the guy in the pipe.

In the videos of the people playing, Aerith says "This guy am sick" (Base vanilla has the famous "This guy are sick") line.

Either way, I was looking at the line in my game just now, and she says this instead: "These guy is sick"

Is the dialog random? One of the videos I watched had 1.5 NT too, so I should be getting "This guy am sick" too right? Unless it was changed recently in a mini update?
« Last Edit: 2020-03-30 18:51:30 by Ryudo »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9152 on: 2020-03-30 19:49:37 »
Are Stardusts supposed to deal that much damage? Having a stock of them has quickly invalidated a lot of fights.

They are a bit too strong, but I left it be at the time when it mentioned before.

I was looking up some videos on NT 1.5 (and apparently found some 1.4 as well) - But I noticed a line in Sector 5 that was different from what I'm playing. It's the guy in the pipe.

In the videos of the people playing, Aerith says "This guy am sick" (Base vanilla has the famous "This guy are sick") line.

Either way, I was looking at the line in my game just now, and she says this instead: "These guy is sick"

Is the dialog random? One of the videos I watched had 1.5 NT too, so I should be getting "This guy am sick" too right? Unless it was changed recently in a mini update?

Will fix in the next update.

Ryudo

• View Profile
« Reply #9153 on: 2020-03-30 20:06:15 »
They are a bit too strong, but I left it be at the time when it mentioned before.

Will fix in the next update.

Ohh so something is different after all? I was thinking it was something on my side at first like an incorrect install or something (despite everything else working fine so far aside from known bugs), since me and the guy who made the video both had 1.5.
« Last Edit: 2020-03-30 20:13:56 by Ryudo »

Yuffie1983

• View Profile
« Reply #9154 on: 2020-03-30 22:13:56 »
Hey Cheif can I ask please what are the prizes you get for hitting 5000 points in the Speed Square game in the Gold Saucer. Thanks for the help.  :)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9155 on: 2020-03-30 23:09:25 »
Hey Cheif can I ask please what are the prizes you get for hitting 5000 points in the Speed Square game in the Gold Saucer. Thanks for the help.  :)

Umbrella if it's disc 1, flayer if it's disc 2/3.

Ayoyo

• View Profile
« Reply #9156 on: 2020-03-31 02:53:15 »
ETA when 1.5 update gonna drop?

coredumperror

• View Profile
« Reply #9157 on: 2020-03-31 07:19:05 »
I'm doing the Dark Cave sidequest, and I've just retrieved Cid and gotten out of the sewer. I have everyone in my party now except Yuffie, but I have nowhere else to go. There's no way up from Wall Market to the Shinra Building, which I'd intentionally left for last since I assumed it'd be last.

How do I progress from here?

bonsa

• View Profile
« Reply #9158 on: 2020-03-31 09:37:29 »
firstly thanks for the mod, really enjoying it.

dont know where to post bugs, if this isnt the area for it my bad.

Using characters with "slash all" weapons and multi cut (dont know about 4cut cos i havent upgraded to it yet) locks the game. I tried it with barret/vincent and against multiple different types of enemy configurations and could recreate it constantly without failure. This bug only occurs when there are multiple enemies.

anyways thanks again for the mod and am looking forward to the ff8 one aswell, hope this helps.

Drayenn

• View Profile
« Reply #9159 on: 2020-03-31 10:02:16 »
I'm doing the Dark Cave sidequest, and I've just retrieved Cid and gotten out of the sewer. I have everyone in my party now except Yuffie, but I have nowhere else to go. There's no way up from Wall Market to the Shinra Building, which I'd intentionally left for last since I assumed it'd be last.

Did you pick up the Sense materia from the giant hand?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9160 on: 2020-03-31 10:27:23 »
ETA when 1.5 update gonna drop?

Soonish.

Yuffie is found in the junkyard connecting to Wall Market; there's a giant hand structure on that screen with a yellow Materia on it.

firstly thanks for the mod, really enjoying it.

dont know where to post bugs, if this isnt the area for it my bad.

Using characters with "slash all" weapons and multi cut (dont know about 4cut cos i havent upgraded to it yet) locks the game. I tried it with barret/vincent and against multiple different types of enemy configurations and could recreate it constantly without failure. This bug only occurs when there are multiple enemies.

anyways thanks again for the mod and am looking forward to the ff8 one aswell, hope this helps.

I'm setting 4x-Cut and 2x-Cut to use command-based targeting again rather than weapon-based targeting which should fix this.

bonsa

• View Profile
« Reply #9161 on: 2020-03-31 10:37:31 »
im assuming that means goodbye to the dream of 4x slash all on barret and vincent

Ayoyo

• View Profile
« Reply #9162 on: 2020-03-31 13:02:26 »
Has arrange mode been fixed? I remember there being talks about glitches with the final bosses or something, but is everything aight nowadays? Thinking of trying that mode this time around, having completed the normal mode some time ago.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9163 on: 2020-03-31 13:40:40 »
Has arrange mode been fixed? I remember there being talks about glitches with the final bosses or something, but is everything aight nowadays? Thinking of trying that mode this time around, having completed the normal mode some time ago.

I went through it to make sure the script is going to the 1-party battle.

coredumperror

• View Profile
« Reply #9164 on: 2020-04-01 05:07:44 »
Is Princess Guard supposed to also grant Resist? Because it seems like it does, which really f&*ks you over if you're using Aeris with Princess Guard and Mega All, and she gets confused. Because the first thing she does is attack the whole party, which then makes it impossible to remove her Confusion.

In fact, I think Resist causing you to be unable to remove status effects, or add positive ones, makes it almost completely worthless. I've found myself using Ribbons for all of one fight in this entire game, because not being able to buff your allies really sucks.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9165 on: 2020-04-01 12:38:01 »
It should just be Shield it gives; this nullifies physical damage which may make it tougher to remove Confusion but there is an item that can remove it. Maiden's Grace (the replacement of Maiden's Kiss) removes Berserk + Confu from a character. Esuna can also do it.

Yuffie1983

• View Profile
« Reply #9166 on: 2020-04-02 18:44:59 »
Mr Chief just wondering can Dragonforce enemy skill counter act Death Sentence.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9167 on: 2020-04-02 21:21:19 »
Mr Chief just wondering can Dragonforce enemy skill counter act Death Sentence.

They don't appear to interact with each other in any way; Dragon Force applies haste, berserk, and auto-crits while Death Sentence applies Death Sentence.

Yuffie1983

• View Profile
« Reply #9168 on: 2020-04-02 22:07:31 »
They don't appear to interact with each other in any way; Dragon Force applies haste, berserk, and auto-crits while Death Sentence applies Death Sentence.

Sorry not dragonforce my bad, Death Force it say's protects against KO status. Would that counter act against Death Sentence.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9169 on: 2020-04-03 01:40:01 »
Sorry not dragonforce my bad, Death Force it say's protects against KO status. Would that counter act against Death Sentence.

Ah, yes. It allows death sentence to keep ticking down but then blocks the insta-KO at the end of it. For that reason it's a good combo with Curse Ring or Tifa's Powersoul. One thing to note though, Death Force has a not-so-well known quality in that one character can only apply it to one target. That means if, say, Cloud were to cast Death Force on Barret, and then on his next turn cast it again on Tifa, then Barret will lose the effect of Death Force and Tifa will get it.

So to cover the whole team with Death Force, you need it on 3 Enemy Skill Materia...but NT only makes one Enemy Skill Materia available so...

Yuffie1983

• View Profile
« Reply #9170 on: 2020-04-03 10:39:10 »
Ah, yes. It allows death sentence to keep ticking down but then blocks the insta-KO at the end of it. For that reason it's a good combo with Curse Ring or Tifa's Powersoul. One thing to note though, Death Force has a not-so-well known quality in that one character can only apply it to one target. That means if, say, Cloud were to cast Death Force on Barret, and then on his next turn cast it again on Tifa, then Barret will lose the effect of Death Force and Tifa will get it.

So to cover the whole team with Death Force, you need it on 3 Enemy Skill Materia...but NT only makes one Enemy Skill Materia available so...

Right thank you for that, that does help.

Snoge

• View Profile
« Reply #9171 on: 2020-04-03 11:03:40 »
I made an interesting observation on the Big Brawl issue. For me at least the animation works, but there is seemingly no damage dealt. Seemingly, because the damage doesn't "pop-up", but I never did check if there actually was damaged dealt without the popup. I no for certain that it did work for me, but stopped working at some point in Midgar. I think it might've worked during my first attempt(s) on the Curator, but on the latter attempts it didn't work anymore.

Then against the little tadpole-like enemies inside the northern cave, I noticed that even though there doesn't appear to be damage dealt, the KO does work. It's a bit glitchy though: The enemies don't disintegrated like they should, the fight just ends with a victory fanfare, there is no sound-effect for the hits, and no damage pop-ups (no numbers.). But the limit definitely works to some degree at the very least.

In case you're addressing this issue, I hope this observation if of some help! :)

Edit: I just found out that it definitely deals damage, it just doesn't show
« Last Edit: 2020-04-03 11:13:59 by Snoge »

Drayenn

• View Profile
« Reply #9172 on: 2020-04-03 14:23:13 »
Had an issue in the Northern Crater, the room with the save point after you go left and then down iirc, also has an added effect materia that looks really white??

Anyways, I couldn't get Cloud to jump back up after a certain point, no matter what I did. Any ideas?

Arranged

• View Profile
« Reply #9173 on: 2020-04-03 16:53:18 »
tl;dr - Is there a way to confirm that I'm actually playing in Arrange Mode?

I'm certain that I picked Arrange Mode when I started my game. And various boss encounters like double Air Bombers and having to fight all three Gunners at once on the Shinra HQ elevator seem to confirm that selection. But I noticed a sharp drop in difficulty after leaving Midgar. At first, I attributed it to unlocking the Rank Up system. Then I got to Jenova VECTOR and was very alarmed when she never summoned her two Vector Node adds. I found an LP of the fight on Youtube that was supposedly using Arrange Mode and v1.5 of the mod where the boss did indeed summon the adds and also seemed to have much more HP than in my own playthrough (15k instead of 10k in mine). Although I noticed that the video I was watching was three years old which makes me wonder if the boss has been tweaked since then in some minor revision that the patch number wasn't incremented for.

So is there any way to be certain that I am indeed still playing Arrange Mode from within the game? Anything at all that would definitely be different? The only theory I have regarding how it could've gotten switched is related to the fact that I initially started playing on normal mode, decided I wanted more of a challenge, started a new save on Arrange Mode, and then shortly after leaving Midgar was right when I saved over those original normal mode save slots with my Arrange Mode playthrough. I have no idea how the mod tracks which mode each save is supposed to be so that's just the only wild guess I have about how a switch might have occurred assuming that the Jenova VECTOR behavior I'm describing isn't normal.

Besides this weird difficulty curve that may be the result of a bug caused by my own actions, I've been mostly loving how the mod makes the game feel fresh and even more polished than the original ever was. Based on what I've seen of Remake, I don't expect half as much out of that, especially given that it's gonna be a trilogy that won't be finished for years.

Eddiefonzarelli

• View Profile
« Reply #9174 on: 2020-04-03 23:09:45 »
Sega Chief,

Im sorry to dump more onto your desk but...

In the flashback to Shin-ra Mansion, Sephiroths dialogue windows are glitched as he reads up on his origins. Initially, no windows pop up and Sephiroth just paces with a book in hand. If one pushes a button the window(s) pop up for a frame or two and disappear.

I'm running a lot of the mods that come with the 7th Heaven 2.0 program. Please advise

EDIT: I've fixed it! I changed 2 thing so i dunno which worked but the 1st was change Enhanced Stock UI2 - Field Dialogue Style to 'Stock' and the 2nd was DPI compatability in 7th heaven's exe properties :)

PS the piano inputs, some wont work in this flashback. is that by design?
« Last Edit: 2020-04-03 23:31:26 by Eddiefonzarelli »