Author Topic: EarthBound  (Read 6436 times)

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
EarthBound
« on: 2013-07-19 00:23:32 »

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
Re: EarthBound
« Reply #1 on: 2013-07-19 00:58:40 »
Best experience of my life.

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2013-07-28 20:49:48 »
If you enjoyed Earthbound, I suggest you giving a chance to the demo of a recently kickstarted game: Undertale. I found it really charming and brought me memories from the time I spent with Earthbound. Check it's web page: http://undertale.com/

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2013-07-28 20:53:05 »
Well, since Earthbound is one of my favorite things ever, I'll look into this indie game. Especially with all the success of indie games lately like The Swapper (which is fucking amazing btw).

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
    • FFVII Lost Wing Mod/Hacks
« Reply #4 on: 2013-07-28 23:28:08 »
...with all the success of indie games lately

Smells like a good thread to start

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2013-07-28 23:34:43 »
All the massive success of Indie games just may *prays* sway big time publishers to stop making military shooters.
« Last Edit: 2013-07-28 23:40:14 by [CleverNameHere] »

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
    • FFVII Lost Wing Mod/Hacks
« Reply #6 on: 2013-07-29 02:52:47 »
Unfortunately its the year 2013, and we shall feel all the repercussions of that fact.  Good games are now a rare thing to be cherished, and will eventually become extinct.  Indie devs will make goods games then become bigtime devs and stop making good games.  So goes the cycle of life.

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2013-07-29 04:50:43 »
Not always, Bioshock Infinite and Metro Last Light are some of the best games I've ever played.

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2013-07-29 23:21:39 »
Well, I don't think the AAA market isn't that bad actually. I enjoyed Deus Ex a lot, for example, and I've got high expectations about Dishonored (which I bought moths ago but still couldn't find time to play). Unfortunatley, I didn't enjoy Bioshock Infinite as much as I expected...

There sure are lots of interesting indie games out there too. I recently played FEZ and loved it. Black Mesa was also an excelent homage to one of my all time favourite games. Mark of the Ninja is provably my next step. That or maybe an adventure game. I think I own the whole Watjet Eye catalog and I've just played Gemini Rue.

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2013-07-30 01:10:12 »
Dishonored is very good. Also for Indie games I recommend The Swapper, Rogue Legacy, and Don't Starve to name a few. The Swapper is the best one because it's all about atmosphere and immersion.

News Edit: On the topic of Bioshock Infinite did anyone see the new DLC they announced? It's called Burial at Sea and it will cost $30.00 . For those of you that beat Infinite, you know the "thing" that happens at the end? Well you will now be in Rapture before the shitstorm of Bioshock 1. Anyone who beat Infinite knows why and how  this is possible while still playing as Booker.
This is the most exciting thing I've heard in years!
« Last Edit: 2013-08-01 05:52:30 by [CleverNameHere] »

ajthedj747

• Looking Forward to 2017
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2013-09-18 02:16:33 »
Yes, I have read the warning, so I shall use this post to say the following: the integration of taking screenshots with the Nintendo Wii U Game-pad and sharing these screenshots with other Miis on the MiiVerse adds to the overall experience like never before with EarthBound.  Could someone please tell me why Mother 3 is the most requested game on the MiiVerse? I have played 20 minutes of it, and I must say, it is a step up from EarthBound with new features. One of the best features is when the character briefly appears above the info box during a battle. EarthBound would have been better if it had that feature. Kinda like my idea for Final Fantasy VII having Final Fantasy IV portraits during a battle.

Here is my profile on the MiiVerse:

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Spacemonkey0899

Anyways, if anyone is on the Nintendo Network using the Nintendo Wii U, please let me know. I would love to see your screen shots from EarthBound or play Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Edition with you.

Has anyone else here purchased Kingdom Hearts 1.5 ReMix? I love it already. Too bad my controller has a lithium battery that takes forever to recharge.
« Last Edit: 2013-09-18 02:24:14 by ajthedj747 »

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #11 on: 2013-09-18 03:34:16 »
...Could someone please tell me why Mother 3 is the most requested game on the MiiVerse? I have played 20 minutes of it, and I must say, it is a step up from EarthBound with new features...

Because it's the best told story in a video game! No other game of ANY type has ever made me cry anywhere close to what Mother 3 did to me. I'll still cry if I hear "Theme of Love". Aerith's death did, but for maybe a few seconds. Mother 3 had me tearing up for WEEKS! I still don't have the heart yet to play it again and I played through it within the week that Starmen released the Eng patch.

ajthedj747

• Looking Forward to 2017
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2013-09-18 09:22:51 »
Because it's the best told story in a video game! No other game of ANY type has ever made me cry anywhere close to what Mother 3 did to me. I'll still cry if I hear "Theme of Love". Aerith's death did, but for maybe a few seconds. Mother 3 had me tearing up for WEEKS! I still don't have the heart yet to play it again and I played through it within the week that Starmen released the Eng patch.
Correct, you are. The game runs and looks and sounds amazing on my computer. When you played this game on the emulator, did you have the game in Full Screen Mode to a screen resolution of 1920 by 1080 per chance?

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #13 on: 2013-09-18 11:37:55 »
Nope. I think I ran it as windowed 4x size without filters. I kinda like the blocky pixel look
« Last Edit: 2013-09-18 18:31:10 by NFITC1 »

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2013-09-18 16:31:01 »
Because it's the best told story in a video game! No other game of ANY type has ever made me cry anywhere close to what Mother 3 did to me.
I take it you didn't play The Walking Dead, then?

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2013-09-18 16:45:26 »
Best story doesn't go to Walking Dead OR Mother 3 (though I prefer Mother 3). It's a tie between Bioshock Infinite and Silent Hill 2. Honorable mention to To The Moon.

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #16 on: 2013-09-18 18:32:52 »
Meh. Shooters and horror games don't really do it for me. To the Moon looks like it might have a good story, though.

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2013-09-18 21:01:05 »
I see your reasoning, but Bioshock Infinite's gameplay is average at best and completely irrelevant, and Silent Hill 2's story doesn't rely on horror elements as much as losing loved ones, finding yourself, and bringing closure.