Author Topic: [PC] Yet Another Multi-Patcher - YAMP  (Read 221861 times)

Lynx89

Re: Yet Another Multi-Patcher
« Reply #150 on: 2008-07-29 04:43:07 »
Try to run it as administrator if you haven't tried already. As for 1.02 opening and then closing itself - check if you haven't installed TheSaiNt's HiRes patch (or downloaded some FF7 version where it was already preinstalled).

Well, I already changed the folder so that it is no longer read only. For some reason, it still says "access is denied", but I'm pretty sure I allowed it access to run whatever it needed to.

It didn't have the Hi-res patch applied. I'll try again without the patch and with it to see if it works. Honestly, I'm not that worried about the 1.02 version. It runs fine most of the time (with the exception of highly annoying completely random crashes). I was just asking if v1.02 was necessary to use the YAMP.

Also, since I don't want to make another thread for a little problem, do you have any idea why my game could be crashing? When I first started playing, the only time it crashed was after I beat Yuffie in a battle, and I found the solution to that one. Now that I'm on disk 3 (game disk 2), it crashes at seemingly random times: End of battles, when entering a new screen, etc. Any idea why?

>.< Okay. I ran it as administrator, and it worked just fine. That's strange. When I uncheck the "read only" attribute and it applies it, something causes all the files and folders to revert to read-only status whenever I enter a new folder. Oh well, it worked. Thank you very much :)
« Last Edit: 2008-07-29 04:51:30 by Lynx89 »

0graham0

« Reply #151 on: 2008-08-22 16:41:01 »
Hello,

I am also having the "Missing File: ff7.exe" error when I attempt to run install.bat. I am running Vista x64. I have the patches folder, install.bat, skerb.ex_ and a clean 1.02 version of ff7.exe in the Final Fantasy 7 folder. The folder and its contents do not have read-only status enabled. I right-click install.bat and "Run as administrator," and I receive the missing file error. Since this is vista, ff7.exe only shows up as "ff7." i have changed the display name to "ff7.exe" just in case, and i again receive the missing file error. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

thanks

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
« Reply #152 on: 2008-08-22 18:44:19 »
I'd check the file name.

Marc

• I hear Voices ... in my head
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 2008-08-22 19:24:27 »
No idea if that's related but another user mentionned that Vista creates a "virtual directory" from program files so you're most likely running the app from there if you chose the default install path.

the correct path for the "virtual directory" was found under c:/user/... if I'm not mistaken.

0graham0

« Reply #154 on: 2008-08-23 15:28:03 »
Thanks for the tips, but still no luck. I've checked and re-checked the file-name, and i am not aware of any virtual directories.

I've navigated to the install folder in command prompt (C:\Program Files (x86)\Final Fantasy VII\) and listed the directory contents (see screenshot below). ff7.exe shows up. I thought that maybe the (x86) in the directory path was throwing things off, so I moved the entire Final Fantasy VII to the root of the C drive. I try to run install.bat again, and still I get the missing file error.

Any other ideas about what may be going wrong?

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
« Reply #155 on: 2008-08-23 18:08:54 »
Can't check with Vista x64, but seeing that you know how to use the command prompt, I'd suggest to try and apply the patches by hand:
 - Rename the skerb.ex_ to skerb.exe (not really needed, but just in case...)
 - For each patch file, write in command prompt:
Code: [Select]
skerb.exe -patch patches\PatchName.srb -in ff7.exe -out ff7.exe
If that doesn't work either, then can't help you. No way I could test it in 64bit environment.

0graham0

« Reply #156 on: 2008-08-23 19:44:36 »
Thanks dziugo, manually entering from the command prompt seems to do the trick. Well, to be honest, I don't have the time to run the game right now, but when I run the patches manually I don't receive an error message. I will let you all know whether the patches applied properly as soon as I have the chance to run ff7. Thanks again!

midgebot20

« Reply #157 on: 2008-10-04 01:54:52 »

Just wanted to report to anybody using Gypt: Do not use it to pass the two FMV's that play in Bugenhagen's machine the first time you reach Cosom Canyon. If you skip either one, the game will never resume. I imagine this could be because both FMV's as they play out in the game require the characters on the foreground.

MOD EDIT: How do I shot we... triple post?

Got another update if that's okay. My theory about people being in the foreground cannot be correct because the FMV with the Tiny Bronco taking off just after fighting Palmer can be skipped without issue.

so if this patch fails to alleviate problems with the bugenhagen FMV, what solutions are out there?

dziugo

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 2008-10-04 20:31:08 »
gyptNEW?

jtoipa

« Reply #159 on: 2008-10-15 19:43:03 »
dziugo, i installed the YAMP and applied the gypt but every time i play the game, when i change place (i.e. like entering a house in a city) it goes back to windows, whtat's happening!?

dziugo

• View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 2008-10-15 22:27:00 »
If it doesn't do that when my patches aren't installed then just don't use them...

ffeternal

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: 2008-10-28 17:14:21 »
Thanks dz, your minigames patch helped me to get the battle swirl! :lol:

Cloaked

« Reply #162 on: 2008-11-30 02:49:45 »
Hey I'm having the same problem as Ograham under the same circumstances.  Can anyone tell me what I should do to manually instal the patches I want?  I only want Gypt, Minigame, and Transparent.  I know the command prompt method hasn't been confirmed, which is why I figured I'd try it.  Problem is I'm pretty clueless with command prompt.

Abashiri

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 2009-03-24 01:45:21 »
When I use your patch installer, I get this:

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/1949/34269325.png

The patches I want, and placed in my patches folder are as follows:

9999LimitBreaking

TransparentDialogBoxes

HighwayAndSnowboardMinigamesFix

GyptInstant

I don't want the cheat mods that allow instant winds with Cait Sith / Tifa.

From what I read, Gypt Instant allows me to skip movies, so I should be able to skip the intro movie by pressing ctrl+s, which did not work. I tried using the installer, but it ran into a problem (look at image). My exe is ver.102 , if you needed to know.

The hand mod did work, but none of the others did unfortunately.

Sorry about that, it appears I just forgot another file, never mind.

PS: The SaiNt's High Res FF7PC Patch would not work either, even though i have ver 1.02 exe
« Last Edit: 2009-03-24 02:09:35 by Abashiri »

doopypeanut

« Reply #164 on: 2009-04-04 22:00:16 »
hey i downloaded your gypt patch and it skips the scene, but everything still freezes at the observatory with the old guy. here's my save file, thanks in advance

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IDBWU6FL

Prince Lex

• Opinionfact is Redundancy
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: 2009-04-05 01:26:49 »
Its not his responsibility to play through your save file nor is it anyone elses.

In future, posts play-through requests in the "FF7 Crash Play-through requests" thread here:-
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=6843.75

Ask nicely, then HOPE someone will do it for you.

doopypeanut

« Reply #166 on: 2009-04-05 07:21:14 »
oh ok. well for some odd reason,i got pass the crash part and i **** in my pants.

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #167 on: 2009-04-09 22:06:25 »
I guess I should throw in my two cents now and say that the YAMP MDef bug fix is located here:

http://files.filefront.com/MDef+YAMPrar/;13017615;/fileinfo.html

jssi03

« Reply #168 on: 2009-04-11 08:00:08 »
Ok so I get the access denied stuff that has happened to others in the past but this time it is different.

I am on Vista Ultimate 64-bit and I cannot check the "Run as Administrator", it is grayed out.

I am not familiar with command prompt or how to install these patches manually with it. As was done by another user from this thread.

I only want to use the "Transparent Dialog Box" and the "FPS Limiter" patches.

Is there a way anyone can give me a step by step instruction on how to manually install these?

What I do know is, is how to open the cmd screen. The only thing on it when I first open it is "C:\Users\James>"  James is my name btw.

And the game is installed to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII"

Where do I go from there? Any help would be much appreciated.

dziugo

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: 2009-04-11 08:17:43 »
Did you disable the UAC by any chance?

jssi03

« Reply #170 on: 2009-04-11 23:29:01 »
No I did not disable it, the UAC, as a matter of fact I don't know how. Plus I really don't know if it will screw anything up that is alrady using it....

If I do this will do you think it will work?

dziugo

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: 2009-04-13 17:05:03 »
Disabled UAC might explain why it's greyed out.

As for the solution, run it from the non-protected directory - copy the ff7.exe and all the YAMP files to (for example) "D:\YAMP" and run it from there. Also, check if ff7.exe isn't write-protected (it usually is).

Zimwi

« Reply #172 on: 2009-04-22 00:14:36 »
Wanting to give this a try, but seem to be unable to download the files.

Anyone know if they're hosted elsewhere? :/

dziugo

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 2009-04-22 20:47:15 »
Which one doesn't work?

Zimwi

« Reply #174 on: 2009-04-24 05:01:07 »
None of 'em seem to be working for me. (YAMP, MiniGamesPatch, TDB, NDB, 9999, etc.)