Author Topic: [FF7PC] The Barret Mod  (Read 34187 times)

UpRisen

• Again... AVALANCHE is born again!
    • View Profile
[FF7PC] The Barret Mod
« on: 2019-10-28 10:45:45 »
So right about now you are thinking to yourself "O boy, do I ever so wish I could play FF7 the way that it was originally intended"?
Well, strap the $&@# in because I recently found a time machine lying around and went back in time to Square HQ and swiped an original unedited copy for use!

THE FOLLOWING CONTENT MAY BE FOUND DISTURBING, VIEWER DISCRETION IS ADVISED!

Presenting The Barret Mod

What is this mod?:
  • This mod is the byproduct of the sick minds of Uprisen and SegaChief.
  • A complete graphical overhaul where every model in the game have been "Barretized"
  • A perfect gift for loved ones of all ages

What this mod isn't  :
  • Your grandmas FF7 experience.
  • 100% complete

What this mod will become:
  • The HARDEST difficulty mod available, with tons of new story and battle related content and dialogue changes (im tied up in another project at the moment so creation of the gameplay portion has yet to commence)
  • 100% complete (if you find missing models or bugs of any kind post and I will patch them out)

Misc information:
  • Since most Player Battle Models use Barrets skeleton limit breaks do not preform the proper action. All limit breaks have been tested and do function properly even if they dont appear to.
  • Due to the limitations built into the game Tifa and Vincent use their original skeletons. Their character id's are tied to their limit breaks and changing the limit breaks or using a non-original skeleton causes the game to soft lock.
  • Red XIII's field model will match his battle model upon release of the "Barret Difficulty"
  • Mini game models are in process of being created and will be released as a separate IRO ( these are alot of work, and putting minigame models in a packed IRO has some odd results sometimes)
  • Graphical portion is not fully compatible with gameplay IRO's such as New Threat or the Hardcore mod. Those mods add custom enemy models that share the id's of some of the models in the Barret mod. I have no current plans to remedy this, but if you would like to I will explain the process.

SPECIAL THANKS:
SegaChief for doing 80% of the work... and for reformatting for me while i was reformatting it ;)
Tsunamix for minigame models (when they release)
Strife98 for the intro FMV
iDerek759 for his enemy IRO so I didnt have to manually seperate all the enemies into folders myself

Patch Notes
25 September 2021
Various bug fixes
Added missing models
Added Choco/mog Ifrit and KOTR models
20 October 2021
All summons added
missing models updated (for the last time i think)
25 March 2022
Compatible with New Threat 2.0 by default
Compatible with 60FPS mod via config option in The Barret Mod IRO

check back every couple of weeks for more summon model updates as i wont be making new post for them.

DOWNLOAD DOWNLOAD LINK

To install place the IRO into your ff7/mods/7th heaven folder with the other IROs. Launch 7th heaven and activate.
Do not use any other model or gameplay overhaul mods to achieve the intended results.
« Last Edit: 2022-03-25 20:31:19 by UpRisen »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC] The Barret Mod
« Reply #1 on: 2019-10-28 11:11:25 »
SegaChief for doing 80% of the work

So long as I don't take 80% of the blame as well.

d1474796

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2019-10-28 15:12:08 »
« Last Edit: 2019-11-22 08:38:18 by Lorath »

UpRisen

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2019-10-28 15:57:01 »
That image is a true nightmare LOL :)

That image is the only brief reprieve you will receive when moving through this mod

zeldagirl

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2020-03-13 14:50:19 »
Is this mod a new mod ?

UpRisen

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2020-03-14 14:59:02 »
It is about 5 months old or so. This summer after my stream is all caught up ( got a huge list of games on my backlog) the gameplay and difficulty portion of this will begin.

smashbro596

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2020-07-15 18:06:09 »
ah yes.
the barret-union. where all will become part of the god barret who will absorb the wallace stream via the barret materia which summons the barret-eor.

UpRisen

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2021-09-25 19:09:08 »
After a long break an update is upon us!

Patch notes:
Various bug fixes
Added missing models
Added Choco/mog Ifrit and KOTR models

check back every couple of weeks for more summon model updates as i wont be making new post for them.