Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4839983 times)

selius

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.4)
« Reply #3175 on: 2016-04-04 13:21:00 »
maybe i should fight the guy, im still lazing around doing the chocobo thing

got my gold chocbo and ran to the quadra magic cave, then got shit stomped by the boss.

lol
« Last Edit: 2016-04-04 13:23:44 by selius »

Mithrain

• View Profile
« Reply #3176 on: 2016-04-04 13:56:14 »
I'm completly stuck at Curator as well. What annoys me the most is that the boss is located in a place you can't get back to in Disc 3. I found a way around to survivre the few first attacks (but once again, if I knew it before I would have farmed more of these >.>). Second thing that is annoying is its high crit chance. A character with no magic materia (so no -x% hp) will either die or left with 100 hp after a crit. It implies any mage can't survive a crit, and even his AoE can crit. Maybe I'm really dumb and I miss something but otherwise i simply have no idea.

Ignore it. It drops literally nothing. It's placed there, as people who were doing the Dark Cave sidequest (in the previous patch(es)), went in there clicking the miniature model. This was a problem as Segabro had repurposed the midgar parts into Weaponcrafting-catalysts, and people would then lose these items clicking it.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3177 on: 2016-04-04 14:01:03 »
Installed the Scene.bin hotfix and the flevel hotfix. Trying to kill Omega, but he freezes after the demi cast, which I believe is when he's supposed to cast Terra break?

Also, got a w-item from Nemesis the other day, leaving me with 2 of those in my possession. So I'm guessing the midgar drop was not intentional afterall? :>

I really enjoyed the little dialogue after the Nyctalopian dragon fight, giving a bit of backstory to Cid's Highwind limitbreak. o/

Edit: It also still seems that Yuffie suffers a damage penalty, when using 4x-cut from the back row.
edit 2: One of the patches says it also fixes the w-magic drop. I went down there again, but no w-magic in sight. :<
edit 3: The New Threat dude on the Highwind still tells you to go to Midgar for Cid's old mission.
Edit >9000:
Brawler league bugged, giving rewards from the Tifa-solo league.

Must be the damage-one; I thought I had both set up correctly but the first one must have fallen off somehow.

I changed it back to the original set-up for W-Item, but I guess you slipped the noose on that one D:<

Yuffie has a damage penalty on 4x-Cut in the back-row? I think someone mentioned that but I clean forgot. Does it happen with the other characters and their ranged weapons? (Cid's Javelin, Red's Hairpin, Barret & Vince, etc.)?

I spotted last night that the trigger for both drops is the exact same for whatever reason. I'll use a new one for the W-Magic.

Wonder why that happens; I'll have a look at the script and sort it out.

I'm completly stuck at Curator as well. What annoys me the most is that the boss is located in a place you can't get back to in Disc 3. I found a way around to survivre the few first attacks (but once again, if I knew it before I would have farmed more of these >.>). Second thing that is annoying is its high crit chance. A character with no magic materia (so no -x% hp) will either die or left with 100 hp after a crit. It implies any mage can't survive a crit, and even his AoE can crit. Maybe I'm really dumb and I miss something but otherwise i simply have no idea.

You've missed nothing. It is as it appears. The diorama is off-limits.

Edit: Scene is patched to fix that Omega softlock. Flevel patch will take a little longer.
« Last Edit: 2016-04-04 14:12:35 by Sega Chief »

aquecoucou

• View Profile
« Reply #3178 on: 2016-04-04 15:12:28 »
You've missed nothing. It is as it appears. The diorama is off-limits.

Let me correct that :

You've missed nothing. It is as it appears. The diorama is currently off-limits.

I've found a new way around for all his attacks right now. So far I've destroyed both arms and done 40k damage to the torso. I failed because I misscasted resist on my team when I wanted to cast something else xD. I'm unsure how many HP the torso have but if it isn't infinite (aka full healing when almost dead) or if it doesn't have a suicide attack doing 9999 ignoring Shield it can be done :)

This fight also learned me that some attacks can ignore the Shield status, is there also a flag to ignore evasion ?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3179 on: 2016-04-04 15:22:51 »
This fight also learned me that some attacks can ignore the Shield status, is there also a flag to ignore evasion ?

Well, now I'm a little worried ^^'

There is a formula that does that (item damage formulas) and maybe a flag but I don't think I used either; 255% accuracy on magic attacks means it's going to hit, though, and the laser attacks have that.
« Last Edit: 2016-04-04 15:24:43 by Sega Chief »

deha0002

• View Profile
« Reply #3180 on: 2016-04-04 15:26:10 »
Let me correct that :

I've found a new way around for all his attacks right now. So far I've destroyed both arms and done 40k damage to the torso. I failed because I misscasted resist on my team when I wanted to cast something else xD. I'm unsure how many HP the torso have but if it isn't infinite (aka full healing when almost dead) or if it doesn't have a suicide attack doing 9999 ignoring Shield it can be done :)

And that new way would be? Not like my OCD wants me to beat him, i just need to know for....for... research, yes research. ( I tricked aque so good, muahahha).

Skirmish

• Don't do Sources kids.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3181 on: 2016-04-04 15:37:22 »
Can confirm he's beatable.

So the options are still available even before they're unlocked? Whoops. Also, he wasn't supposed to be vulnerable to gravity; I think it was listed as something he absorbed in FF8 so I'll get that fixed. As for statuses, with the exception of Frog and Mini, anything that didn't exist in FF8 can be used on Omega here; so Dual-Drain and Paralysis will work.

Actually, I left Manipulate on by accident :l

Edit: Making some revisions to Omega, getting Terra Break to deal 0 damage if you're defending, use his physical attack, etc.
In FF8 I think Gravity didn't heal him but straight up missed or dealt 0. He definitely shouldn't be vulnerable to it but he definitely doesn't absorb it.

Is there a difference between Dual and Dual Drain? Because Neo Bahamut specifically says it has a chance to inflict Dual.
Also does L5 Suicide count as a Gravity attack or a % Formula attack? Under Enemy Skills it doesn't say Gravity Skill like Laser, ?? ?? and Vital Hammer.
« Last Edit: 2016-04-04 16:05:49 by Skirmish »

aquecoucou

• View Profile
« Reply #3182 on: 2016-04-04 15:46:22 »
And that new way would be? Not like my OCD wants me to beat him, i just need to know for....for... research, yes research. ( I tricked aque so good, muahahha).

To survive the first few attacks before you get a turn, you need to start the fight with protect rings (Auto-Wall), if you stole a ribbon from Brass Dagon, it could be also used on one of your character depending how they can tank the opening attacks. Sadness helps a lot to reduce damage as well. From there, juste haste your team, get a character who keep shielding your team, get one spamming Bolt 3 and the last one to attack a lot with elemental + lightning (and lot of counter attacks :D).

If you run out of ether (though I used something like 2 elixirs and 2 Turbo Ethers) you can steal Turbo Ethers from the "panther" in the tunnel just in front of Shinra HQ.

Going further on the fight, he'll use new attacks such "Harsh warning" which will damage for 9999 one character and ignoring your Shield Status, just use a fullCure on the character and reshield him. He used it only once and seems to be usable only by the arms which means it's not a threat anymore once only torso is left.
You might need 2 or 3 tries to get lucky with the arm grab (it can be used at the beginning right after his opener but it's pretty rare).

In the last phase he has two new attacks which are annoying : Coral laser and Timed warning.
Coral laser won't damage much but inflicts death, shield will again prevent the damage and status.
Timed warning is more tricky because it causes damage ignoring shield (low damage tho, around 1.2k) and inflicts Slow + Stop even when shielded. It's an annoyance only if it affects the character who shield the team. I haven't tested yet but there is an accessory preventing time statuses, equip it on shielding character and it should be fine.

I just checked with the Prod Cloud tool, both arms got 99k hp, torso have around 350k.Since both arms sum up at 200k I'm pretty sure Torso can be done even if it's a bit longer because of the stop status on your attacking character.

There is only last attack from what I've seen with PrC tool which is called "Rainbow laser", the only attack the boss haven't done to me yet. From what I saw with the tool, it should damage a lot but shouldn't pierce shield. I might be wrong, but if it doesn't ignore shield, the boss is definitely doable ^^

Edit: I think I'm going to go through story as I want to see all the additions of the mod. I'll retry this boss later, keeping a save file at Shinra HQ.
« Last Edit: 2016-04-04 16:02:20 by aquecoucou »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3183 on: 2016-04-04 15:58:58 »
In FF8 I think Gravity didn't heal him but straight up missed or dealt 0. He definitely shouldn't be vulnerable to it but he definitely doesn't absorb it.

Is there a difference between Dual and Dual Drain? Because Neo Bahamut specifically says it has a chance to inflict Dual.
Also does L5 Suicide count as a Gravity attack or a % Formula attack? Under Enemy Skills it doesn't say Gravity Skill like Laser, ???? and Vital Hammer.

L5 Suicide has no element, just a formula-%; it'll hit Omega. As for Dual & Dual-Drain, they're technically the same status; Dual does nothing on it's own except appear in the status tool-tip bar when selecting status-curing items/magic while Dual-Drain will crash the game if applied without Dual.

To survive the first few attacks before you get a turn, you need to start the fight with protect rings (Auto-Wall), if you stole a ribbon from Brass Dagon, it could be also used on one of your character depending how they can tank the opening attacks. Sadness helps a lot to reduce damage as well. From there, juste haste your team, get a character who keep shielding your team, get one spamming Bolt 3 and the last one to attack a lot with elemental + lightning (and lot of counter attacks :D).

If you run out of ether (though I used something like 2 elixirs and 2 Turbo Ethers) you can steal Turbo Ethers from the "panther" in the tunnel just in front of Shinra HQ.

Going further on the fight, he'll use new attacks such "Harsh warning" which will damage for 9999 one character and ignoring your Shield Status, just use a fullCure on the character and reshield him. He used it only once and seems to be usable only by the arms which means it's not a threat anymore once only torso is left.
You might need 2 or 3 tries to get lucky with the arm grab (it can be used at the beginning right after his opener but it's pretty rare).

In the last phase he has two new attacks which are annoying : Coral laser and Timed warning.
Coral laser won't damage much but inflicts death, shield will again prevent the damage and status.
Timed warning is more tricky because it causes damage ignoring shield (low damage tho, around 1.2k) and inflicts Slow + Stop even when shielded. It's an annoyance only if it affects the character who shield the team. I haven't tested yet but there is an accessory preventing time statuses, equip it on shielding character and it should be fine.

I just checked with the Prod Cloud tool, both arms got 99k hp, torso have around 350k.Since both arms sum up at 200k I'm pretty sure Torso can be done even if it's a bit longer because of the stop status on your attacking character.

There is only last attack from what I've seen with PrC tool which is called "Rainbow laser", the only attack the boss haven't done to me yet. From what I saw with the tool, it should damage a lot but shouldn't pierce shield. I might be wrong, but if it doesn't ignore shield, the boss is definitely doable ^^

The Torso has two phases; you'll see Rainbow Laser when it's below 50% HP.

But I'll need to warn you now; there is nothing awaiting you at the end of this endeavor but madness. And a scaled model of Midgar.

aquecoucou

• View Profile
« Reply #3184 on: 2016-04-04 16:03:31 »
L5 Suicide has no element, just a formula-%; it'll hit Omega. As for Dual & Dual-Drain, they're technically the same status; Dual does nothing on it's own except appear in the status tool-tip bar when selecting status-curing items/magic while Dual-Drain will crash the game if applied without Dual.

The Torso has two phases; you'll see Rainbow Laser when it's below 50% HP.

But I'll need to warn you now; there is nothing awaiting you at the end of this endeavor but madness. And a scaled model of Midgar.

I know there is probably nothing (welp we are never truly sure :p) that's why I'm going to finish the mod, keeping a save at this place to load it after and take my time to beat it :)

Yeah because I forgot to mention, but my best try (40% damage to torso with both arms dead) took something around a hour. I think that now I know the strategy it could be highly reduced (plus I can optimise more my build). It means that if you go through unlucky tries it can be time consumming ^^
« Last Edit: 2016-04-04 16:06:25 by aquecoucou »

FifulX

• View Profile
« Reply #3185 on: 2016-04-04 16:32:02 »
Eh, Chief, did you say you fixed the NPC at the bottom of the crater? It still does the same thing where you can't not leave and the two options are messed up (save isn't clickable, leave to highwind is save and nothing is leave to highwind)

Alex Zender

• View Profile
« Reply #3186 on: 2016-04-04 18:00:14 »
In 1.35, is 2x (double cut) materia jas been removed ?

Mithrain

• View Profile
« Reply #3187 on: 2016-04-04 18:15:59 »
In 1.35, is 2x (double cut) materia jas been removed ?
It's given to you by one of the extra-battle npcs in Gold Saucer. I think you need to beat to Nyctalopian dragon to obtain it.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3188 on: 2016-04-04 18:18:43 »
Eh, Chief, did you say you fixed the NPC at the bottom of the crater? It still does the same thing where you can't not leave and the two options are messed up (save isn't clickable, leave to highwind is save and nothing is leave to highwind)

I adjusted it, but I guess it didn't do the trick. I'll look at it again.

Skirmish

• Don't do Sources kids.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3189 on: 2016-04-04 18:36:53 »
Does Dual/Dual Drain cease to work if an enemy is under Manipulate when you inflict it or Manipulated after inflicting it? Just been testing the first release of the new Gold Match Extra Battle on Active ATB and it still doesn't wanna seem to die. After a while I chucked an antidote at it and it didn't miss (Meaning it cured the Dual, it wasn't Poisoned).

I didn't think Manipulate affected Dual although it's possible I'm wrong. When this thing eventually dies i'll put it in a different save game (Like with my Level 99 Party after defeating : | when it was outside the Shinra Mansion). I'll almost certainly have to wait a little while before I can defeat it Post-Patch, since as of now I won't be able to survive Ultima.

Alex Zender

• View Profile
« Reply #3190 on: 2016-04-04 18:39:43 »
It's given to you by one of the extra-battle npcs in Gold Saucer. I think you need to beat to Nyctalopian dragon to obtain it.

Ok ty =)

FifulX

• View Profile
« Reply #3191 on: 2016-04-04 21:15:39 »
What are some things that inflict dual and dual-drain?

Skirmish

• Don't do Sources kids.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3192 on: 2016-04-04 21:32:34 »
Ok, did some quick test runs on the Extra Battle Gold Match, by the way you can still access Gold and Platinum without beating Silver.

Slash - Still haven't seen this attack, should be base power 16 like other Physicals.
Meteor - Appears to be unchanged. Out of curiosity, what did you set the base power to (FF8 Meteor = 20 Base Power I think)?
Medigo Flame - Still reduces HP to 1. While it was fixed at 9998 in FF8, it's not really suitable for that to carry over this mod. Perhaps changing the damage formula to Target's Max HP - 1 may be possible, otherwise you have 2 attacks in a row that CANNOT KILL anyone.
Gravija/Demi3 - Has had a name change but the Demi3 animation against multiple targets replicates Gravija pretty much identically. No issues here.
Terra Break - I had to remove Sadness from my characters to check the numbers for this, but the damage it deals is right on the money with it's FF8 Counterpart. Only issues are it's meant to be 16 hits (Not alot can be done about that though) and it shouldn't be dealing Critical Hits.
Light Pillar - Will obliterate a single target as expected. Light Pillar is still coming before Ultima though.
Ultima - Heavy Magical Damage, you'll want some protection or means of dodging to survive this. Only issue is it should come before Light Pillar, not after.

Gravity Attacks vs Omega - These are now healing him where in FF8, Gravity attacks either miss or deal 0 Damage. Omega definitely doesn't absorb them.
Omega's Speed - My characters have relatively low Speed themselves so it's hard to make judgements, but L5 Death seems to effectively be a Sneak Attack to open. With FF8 Omega it's possible for him to do a regular Physical attack before L5 Death. (FF8 Omega DEX/Speed stat = 61).

Skirmish

• Don't do Sources kids.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3193 on: 2016-04-04 21:36:54 »
What are some things that inflict dual and dual-drain?
I think for players it's limited to the Neo-Bahamut Summon. It only has a chance to inflict Dual and there's no obvious tell for when an enemy is inflicted with Dual, the only way you can find out if it stuck is to either Sense it and track it's HP, or for 30000+ Health enemies chuck an antidote at it (assuming it isn't poisoned) and see if it misses or not. Even then you'll be curing the status you're trying to find out if you inflicted or not doing so.

I wanted to be able to inflict Dual with my weapon attacks but Neo-Bahamut + Added Effect doesn't work like that because from what I've been told, one of the flags needed to make it happen is missing from the kernel editor.

Skirmish

• Don't do Sources kids.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3194 on: 2016-04-04 22:01:41 »
Edit2: Threw a wee patch up; changes Gravija to Demi3, Terra Break change (all three characters need to defend after Demi3 to avoid the damage), changed up the elemental resistances (I think) and re-enabled the physical attack.
Since Gold Match is still accessable before beating Silver. Tested this out and Terra break wrecked my party even with all my characters defending, defending still reduced it by 50% but definitely didn't avoid the damage.

Speaking of the Silver match, gave it a go. I know my characters aren't that strong but is it essentially just a damage sponge that spits out bad status effects or is there a trick to damage him quickly? Unfortunately because there's 3 immune body parts I can't resort to triple reflecting Bolt3 so trying to fight him takes a long time (How much Health does it have?).
« Last Edit: 2016-04-04 22:06:05 by Skirmish »

Lopes

• View Profile
« Reply #3195 on: 2016-04-04 23:47:48 »
Hello guys :)

I think i found a bug. I have fought Ziegfried 1 time, saved the game, continue playing and Ziegfried appeared again. Wich means 2 rewards.

Will load the save so i wont abuse the bug.

It is a bug right? :p

DynamixDJ

• 1111 1111 0111
    • View Profile
« Reply #3196 on: 2016-04-04 23:57:56 »
How does this apply to {Vanilla} would I be correct in assuming that "vanilla" is the expression adopted for the original title?
Anyway, I have listed "Seizure" in my guide as the reverse-Regen effect, and Dual as a dummied out Status, that when activated via a hack its name will display in the "Status field" in-battle. Is this technically correct, or have I got it backwards, and what else (if anything) does Dual do?

Also, what background is that Pic of the Curator? Is it used in .... Vanilla? What ID is it?

GeoFlare

• View Profile
« Reply #3197 on: 2016-04-05 01:31:41 »
How does this apply to {Vanilla} would I be correct in assuming that "vanilla" is the expression adopted for the original title?
Anyway, I have listed "Seizure" in my guide as the reverse-Regen effect, and Dual as a dummied out Status, that when activated via a hack its name will display in the "Status field" in-battle. Is this technically correct, or have I got it backwards, and what else (if anything) does Dual do?

Also, what background is that Pic of the Curator? Is it used in .... Vanilla? What ID is it?

I am not sure of the ID but I am fairly sure that is the background for the Carry Armor in the vanilla game

DynamixDJ

• 1111 1111 0111
    • View Profile
« Reply #3198 on: 2016-04-05 01:33:15 »
Ah! I believe you are correct!

Mithrain

• View Profile
« Reply #3199 on: 2016-04-05 04:24:50 »
I think for players it's limited to the Neo-Bahamut Summon. It only has a chance to inflict Dual and there's no obvious tell for when an enemy is inflicted with Dual, the only way you can find out if it stuck is to either Sense it and track it's HP, or for 30000+ Health enemies chuck an antidote at it (assuming it isn't poisoned) and see if it misses or not. Even then you'll be curing the status you're trying to find out if you inflicted or not doing so.

I wanted to be able to inflict Dual with my weapon attacks but Neo-Bahamut + Added Effect doesn't work like that because from what I've been told, one of the flags needed to make it happen is missing from the kernel editor.

You could also use Synthesis Cell.