Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4836534 times)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.5)
« Reply #9775 on: 2020-07-08 21:16:20 »
Am I supposed to load the kernel.bin file located within steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\data\kernel? Wall Market opens it okay enough but it seems to be a glossary for vanilla install instead (potions restore 100 HP as opposed to 300 etc.)

Oh yeah; it's the kernel. Make sure it's in PC mode and the kernel2.bin is in there with it. If it's in PSX mode it'll read the text that's baked into the kernel itself which isn't used by PC (and will read as vanilla).

tbcam88

• View Profile
« Reply #9776 on: 2020-07-09 06:25:38 »
I've toggled PC mode and am opening kernel.bin as per below but still only seem to encounter vanilla descriptions  :-[

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9777 on: 2020-07-09 10:11:07 »
That's a default kernel judging from the Potion effect. This contains the NT kernel + kernel2, and the scene.bin just in case you've been looking at a default scene as well:

https://mega.nz/file/D0NBzQxZ#RtumobNHL9i_pIadGEsI95KfdjY1gLgp_wRqmUyQTic

Chivalry

• View Profile
« Reply #9778 on: 2020-07-09 18:09:38 »
I'm playing through New Threat from the 7th Heaven installer and just had a quick question I can't find the answer to in the spreadsheet of changes.
I've just hit Junon and after the boss fight I wondered where is the Long Range materia?

I found the EXP Plus in Mythril Mines where the Long Range was meant to be, and it's not in the spreadsheet list for materia locations. I had to fight the Junon water boss without it (which was fine due to Bolt but still).

Did I miss something entirely? Or does it come later?

Cheers

karenjr95

• View Profile
« Reply #9779 on: 2020-07-09 22:11:57 »
If you win 15 S-Rank races with your own chocobo (a Gold chocobo can typically do this without much trouble, unless it's the one gained from a Guidebook trade in which case breed that with a Wonderful that's reached A or S Rank) then you can get a Cat's Bell guaranteed that way.

Oh that is SO DOPE. Thank you for explaining it!

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9780 on: 2020-07-10 14:45:44 »
I'm playing through New Threat from the 7th Heaven installer and just had a quick question I can't find the answer to in the spreadsheet of changes.
I've just hit Junon and after the boss fight I wondered where is the Long Range materia?

I found the EXP Plus in Mythril Mines where the Long Range was meant to be, and it's not in the spreadsheet list for materia locations. I had to fight the Junon water boss without it (which was fine due to Bolt but still).

Did I miss something entirely? Or does it come later?

Cheers

Long Range was actually removed for a long while, then it was placed on Disc 3 I think. EXP Plus was put in its place.

Saberfrost

• Professional Moron
    • View Profile
« Reply #9781 on: 2020-07-11 16:39:58 »
Long Range is kinda broken with Cid's ultimate weapon.

Which reminds me. Most recent patch has the nerf on Venus Gospel yeah?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9782 on: 2020-07-12 11:44:02 »
There doesn't seem to have been a nerf, checking the files.

99h1t

• View Profile
« Reply #9783 on: 2020-07-17 02:34:04 »
Does anyone know why when I cast barrier/mbarrier/regen on my whole party it only affects 2 of my party members? Is this a bug or is something preventing one of my party members from being buffed? thanks in advance

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9784 on: 2020-07-17 11:27:52 »
Does anyone know why when I cast barrier/mbarrier/regen on my whole party it only affects 2 of my party members? Is this a bug or is something preventing one of my party members from being buffed? thanks in advance

The Ribbon and Amulet accessories block Barrier-type buffs, so they may have one of those equipped.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9785 on: 2020-07-17 18:13:24 »
Thanks to RPM Productions for the donation.
« Last Edit: 2020-07-17 18:15:04 by Sega Chief »

Dalkil

• View Profile
« Reply #9786 on: 2020-07-17 21:40:35 »
Hello, Sega Chief. I know you are about to release New Threat 2.0. I've been playing with 1.5 for about 30 hours and I'd like to share a couple things that drawed my attention.

If you use added cut + haste, after using haste, you attack yourself. I thought I was going to use haste then attack a random enemy (for strategy purposes, I thought it would be a great idea). I don't know if this is intentional or not, or just can't be changed. I feel like I needed to report that here, although you might know about this issue already.

Another thing is the save point you put on Battle Square of the Golden Saucer. The save point is outside the arena, so you lose all your arena points when leaving to save. Considering the extra difficulty of New Threat, it might be way too annoying clearing Arena until you get the big prize without saving for 1) small amount of GP (disk 1) and 2) Higher time consumption.

Well, that was all. The rest of the mod... I'm enjoying it quite a lot (hard mode, not normal). I'm looking forward to NT 2.0.
See you!

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9787 on: 2020-07-17 22:48:07 »
Hello, Sega Chief. I know you are about to release New Threat 2.0. I've been playing with 1.5 for about 30 hours and I'd like to share a couple things that drawed my attention.

If you use added cut + haste, after using haste, you attack yourself. I thought I was going to use haste then attack a random enemy (for strategy purposes, I thought it would be a great idea). I don't know if this is intentional or not, or just can't be changed. I feel like I needed to report that here, although you might know about this issue already.

Another thing is the save point you put on Battle Square of the Golden Saucer. The save point is outside the arena, so you lose all your arena points when leaving to save. Considering the extra difficulty of New Threat, it might be way too annoying clearing Arena until you get the big prize without saving for 1) small amount of GP (disk 1) and 2) Higher time consumption.

Well, that was all. The rest of the mod... I'm enjoying it quite a lot (hard mode, not normal). I'm looking forward to NT 2.0.
See you!

Yeah, Added Cut will take the target of the connected spell/command so it should only be used with a self-targeted spell if the weapon itself is beneficial to the caster (for instance, Aeris' healing weapons or if the character absorbs the element attached to their weapon). Otherwise, Added Cut should go onto an offence-oriented spell/command.

In the 2.0 build, I've made it so that BP is retained at all times wherever you go. It does get reduced by 75% though if the prize list changes, so BP accrued earlier in the game can't be saved to buy Disc 3 prizes. Other than that, BP is kept.

Dalkil

• View Profile
« Reply #9788 on: 2020-07-18 23:08:21 »
Yeah, Added Cut will take the target of the connected spell/command so it should only be used with a self-targeted spell if the weapon itself is beneficial to the caster (for instance, Aeris' healing weapons or if the character absorbs the element attached to their weapon). Otherwise, Added Cut should go onto an offence-oriented spell/command.

In the 2.0 build, I've made it so that BP is retained at all times wherever you go. It does get reduced by 75% though if the prize list changes, so BP accrued earlier in the game can't be saved to buy Disc 3 prizes. Other than that, BP is kept.

Yeah, my poor Cloud discovered it was not sensible casting haste on him with added cut.  :oops: Nice to know that Aeris can use that mechanic with her healing rods (which are awesome, by the way).

Those BP news are good news! Also, I think it's a very good idea the reduction of BP when prizes change. I would even go beyond that and reset them, but well, a 75% minus is already a good option.

And last but not least, my overall impression about Osmose (my new favorite materia) is that it's quite overpowered. I know if an enemy has no mp it doesn't recover anything, but to be honest, I've cheesed my way with it. What would I do? I don't really know. Maybe adding ranks and/or limiting the amount of mp it heals? You may as well leave it as is, of course. This is just a suggestion in case you'd want to consider it.

I think for NT2.0 will be more than worth starting a new gameplay, so I won't do NG+ this time. You are doing a really awesome work. Ever since I was a kid, I dreamt of harder fights and a tougher challenge. This mod fulfills that old wish of mine. So, for real, thanks a lot for this GREAT mod.  ;D

Schrödinger

• View Profile
« Reply #9789 on: 2020-07-20 12:04:58 »
Hey, SegaChief. Can we have an approximate date for the realease of the 2.0? I was planning to replay NT (for like the 4th time) but I'm waiting for the release of the 2.0. Keep up the awesome work!

Ketsuban

• View Profile
« Reply #9790 on: 2020-07-20 13:47:41 »
Hey, SegaChief. Can we have an approximate date for the realease of the 2.0? I was planning to replay NT (for like the 4th time) but I'm waiting for the release of the 2.0. Keep up the awesome work!

Patience my friend
Can't rush perfection

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9791 on: 2020-07-20 18:43:52 »

The plan is to pass it onto a couple people I know who are either modders or just familiar with the combat system on Thursday for pre-release balancing feedback & bug catching. Then a couple of days after that the mod will release proper so expect to see this releasing either at the weekend or next Monday.

I haven't posted much of anything about 2.0 and the changes made, but I have written up several documents on it all which will be available with the mod on release. This is the Features Overview so far, there may be some things I forgot to add to it:

Spoiler: show

NT 2.0 Changelog - Overview

Enemy Balancing & New Encounters
*) 99% of vanilla formations have been restored (previous builds condensed enemy formations)
*) All enemies rebalanced with AI based on their original behaviour
*) Bosses are now closer to their original counterparts (name, model, behaviour) in Game Type A
*) Minibosses and other encounters added
*) Most story bosses replaced with a new alternative in Game Type B (about 95% or so)

Player-Character Balancing
*) All spells revised
*) All equipment revised
*) All Materia revised; new Materia was added to split commands/spells onto separate Materia
*) Character Initial Stats revised, and natural stat growth re-implemented for Level Ups.
*) New Innates for some characters, others revised
*) Limit Breaks revised; characters have a mix of Physical & Magical damage, along with additional effects

Battle-Balancing
*) Damage Modifiers adjusted: Critical Damage, Elemental Damage, Sadness, etc.
*) Damage Formulas revised: Powersoul, Missing Score, Aire Tam Storm, etc.
*) Sense Limit set to 655355 HP
*) Long Range flag usable by enemies
*) Non-elemental poison ticks (status can be used independently of the element)
*) Drain reduced from 100% to 12.5%
*) Restore spells ignore MBarrier

Game Modes
*) Game Type A: Story events same as vanilla, bosses close in nature to their vanilla counterparts
*) Game Type B: Story events altered, bosses swapped to an alternative
*) Hard Mode Toggle: Applied separately to Game Type selection
   Increases Enemy Level
   Reduces received EXP
   No Gil from Battle
   Altered Enemy Behaviour

Text/Dialogue Revision v2
*) The dialogue in the game has been revised.
*) Additional dialogue events have been added.
*) Disclaimer: The text/dialogue revision is NOT a re-translation/localisation of the Japanese text.

Items & Shops
*) All item placements have been revised.
Additional pickups have been hidden throughout the field maps.
*) Shop Inventories & Prices have been adjusted, most shops have a new item/Materia for sale.

Extended Save Points
*) Save Points have some additional options attached to them, accessed through a hotkey (Square/Switch).
This opens a menu from which various options can be selected. Note that the Encounter Toggle from 1.5 has been retired
in favour of giving the player a maxed Enemy Away Materia once they leave Kalm; this gives a heavily reduced encounter
rate that can be toggled at will, and works on the World Map where the old Encounter Toggle did not.

Hotkeys
) Square/Switch: Open the Extended Options menu

Options:
) Keep Field Music for Battles
) Source Point Upgrade
) Hard Mode Toggle (triggers a special enemy encounter to change the in-battle variable)
) 0 EXP Toggle
) Return to Highwind (North Crater and certain other locations only)

Talk to Party In Towns
*) When visiting towns, you can find the main characters hanging around the place similar to how they would during the
initial Costa Del Sol visit, or when gathering people for Bugenhagen's Observatory show. Their dialogue changes as
the story progresses; characters recruited later in the story will appear in earlier towns as well, if revisited.
Typically the dialogue changes from Disc 1 to Disc 2 then once more to Disc 3.

Affected Towns:
*) Kalm
*) Chocobo Ranch
*) Under Junon
*) Costa Del Sol
*) Cosmo Canyon
*) Forgotten City
*) Icicle Inn
*) Midgar

Scenes
*) Some disabled or deleted scenes have been restored
*) New optional scenes were added
*) Revised Scenes, some of the original scenes were given tweaks to audio, animation, etc.
*) Flashback/Memory scenes can be skipped using in-character dialogue options:
   Jessie's Plate Explanation on the Train
   Promise at the Well Flashback
   Nibelheim Flashback
   Corel Flashback (1st)
   Rocket Launch Flashback
   Cloud's Memory scene in Mideel

New Materia & 'Splinter' Materia
*) Some new Materia was added to handle new spells added to the game.

Certain spells which would be desirable to combo with Support Materia are blocked from this when the Materia levels up
and the next spell is unlocked. Splinter Materia are single-spell Materia to allow for these spells to be used in combos
without having to replace them when the Materia levels up. Some commands have also been moved onto their own Materia.

New Materia
) Omni-Plus
) Hydro
) Pearl
) Osmose
) X-Attack
) Flash
) Core

Splinter Materia
) Regen
) Slow
) Dispel
) MBarrier
) Reflect
) Break
) Tornado

Bugfixes, QoL Additions, and Misc.
*) Thief enemies can now only steal gil, not items, from the party.

*) Counter attacks from enemies have [Counter] appended to their name (where possible)
Exceptions include player-available spells as these names come from the kernel and attacks
where an attack name is not shown during the animation.

*) Shop inventories have been adjusted for better availability of certain items.

*) Source Upgrade flow was improved so that specific characters can be selected for upgrade rather than
having to upgrade them in order.

*) Source Upgrades are now given at fixed points after defeating certain bosses, rather than accrued as a currency.
They can be applied at any time (or not at all) from Save Points.

*) Player gets access to a modified Enemy Away Materia that can reduce enemy encounter rate to near-zero on
both fields and the world map (replaces Encounter Toggle on older builds).

*) The prices of certain progress-requirements have been adjusted.

*) The CPR Minigame can be finished within a single button-press.

*) In Battle Square, you keep BP when leaving the area and can check what the prizes are with 0 BP.
Stipulation: Whenever the prizes are changed, BP is reduced to 25% of what you had.
This will occur after getting the Highwind and then again when entering Disc 3.

*) A fixed bonus of BP is given for completing 8 rounds in Battle Square, so even bad reels will still afford the
player a decent amount of BP.

*) 3D Battler, an RNG problem where the player had a less than 1% chance of winning all 5 rounds and not terminating
correctly after Round 5 (resulting in an invisible opponent and a potential softlock) have both been fixed. GP given
was adjusted. Players have roughly 50% chance of winning all rounds (with a 90+% chance of winning the first round).
A trophy Key Item can be acquired for clearing all rounds.

*) A trophy Key Item can be acquired by beating the Snowboard Crazy Course with 100/100 points.

*) The GP Seller in the Gold Saucer will always appear.

*) The lever in Yuffie's House in Wutai has been altered to be easier to use.
In vanilla, this uses a set-up that is unreliable so it has been adjusted to be easier to activate.

*) Temple of the Ancients: The Clock Puzzle can now be 'skipped' while keeping all items/routes available.
When initially visiting the Clock room, the 'guardian' will ask you if you want to proceed as normal with controlling
the clock or to skip it instead. If the Skip option is picked, then all rooms except #12 will be made accessible at all
times. The arena room can still be reached by standing on any of the hands and letting the 'seconds' hand touch the player.

*) Retry Battle events have been added to some boss battles where a lengthy cutscene plays beforehand.

*) An audio-synch issue was adjusted for an FMV toward the end of Disc 1.

*) Various Disc 2 Scenes were tweaked for better stage direction and character involvement.
For example, a character will turn their head to look at the person speaking instead of being left staring into space
from their last set of stage direction commands. Another example, in Mideel all characters have been set to respond rather
than a priority system that leaves the 2nd character passive (and locks off Vincent's dialogue altogether as he's last in the list).

*) In the Schizo area, the 'cannot escape from battle' flag is cleared after the battle so that random encounters can be escaped.

*) The music cue for a scene in Cloud's Memory has been corrected.

*) Save Points have been placed throughout the North Crater and all have a Teleport to Highwind option.

*) It is now possible to backtrack onto any of the three routes in the North Crater from the bottom, rather than having to use
the Left-Down path in order to enter the Right & Left-Up paths again.

*) Magic Pots drop an Elixir when defeated, meaning the player does not lose Elixirs when farming for AP.

*) Opportunities to save the game during the final bosses have been added; the Bizarro Save has been moved to within the scene
prior to battle set-up rather than before the beginning of the scene itself.

*) You can now collect the full set of 12 '1/35 Soldier' items.
« Last Edit: 2020-07-20 18:45:59 by Sega Chief »

flacidapplebottoms

• View Profile
« Reply #9792 on: 2020-07-20 21:13:35 »
That all sounds pretty awesome.

If I may ask, in what way is the story changed in Game Type B?

Dalkil

• View Profile
« Reply #9793 on: 2020-07-20 21:44:51 »
Ow, man, coming this soon, I don't know wether to finish my 1.5 save or starting a 2.0. What would you recommend? I'm about to reach Gaia Cliffs.

Schrödinger

• View Profile
« Reply #9794 on: 2020-07-20 23:24:47 »
The plan is to pass it onto a couple people I know who are either modders or just familiar with the combat system on Thursday for pre-release balancing feedback & bug catching. Then a couple of days after that the mod will release proper so expect to see this releasing either at the weekend or next Monday.

I haven't posted much of anything about 2.0 and the changes made, but I have written up several documents on it all which will be available with the mod on release. This is the Features Overview so far, there may be some things I forgot to add to it:

Spoiler: show

NT 2.0 Changelog - Overview

Enemy Balancing & New Encounters
*) 99% of vanilla formations have been restored (previous builds condensed enemy formations)
*) All enemies rebalanced with AI based on their original behaviour
*) Bosses are now closer to their original counterparts (name, model, behaviour) in Game Type A
*) Minibosses and other encounters added
*) Most story bosses replaced with a new alternative in Game Type B (about 95% or so)

Player-Character Balancing
*) All spells revised
*) All equipment revised
*) All Materia revised; new Materia was added to split commands/spells onto separate Materia
*) Character Initial Stats revised, and natural stat growth re-implemented for Level Ups.
*) New Innates for some characters, others revised
*) Limit Breaks revised; characters have a mix of Physical & Magical damage, along with additional effects

Battle-Balancing
*) Damage Modifiers adjusted: Critical Damage, Elemental Damage, Sadness, etc.
*) Damage Formulas revised: Powersoul, Missing Score, Aire Tam Storm, etc.
*) Sense Limit set to 655355 HP
*) Long Range flag usable by enemies
*) Non-elemental poison ticks (status can be used independently of the element)
*) Drain reduced from 100% to 12.5%
*) Restore spells ignore MBarrier

Game Modes
*) Game Type A: Story events same as vanilla, bosses close in nature to their vanilla counterparts
*) Game Type B: Story events altered, bosses swapped to an alternative
*) Hard Mode Toggle: Applied separately to Game Type selection
   Increases Enemy Level
   Reduces received EXP
   No Gil from Battle
   Altered Enemy Behaviour

Text/Dialogue Revision v2
*) The dialogue in the game has been revised.
*) Additional dialogue events have been added.
*) Disclaimer: The text/dialogue revision is NOT a re-translation/localisation of the Japanese text.

Items & Shops
*) All item placements have been revised.
Additional pickups have been hidden throughout the field maps.
*) Shop Inventories & Prices have been adjusted, most shops have a new item/Materia for sale.

Extended Save Points
*) Save Points have some additional options attached to them, accessed through a hotkey (Square/Switch).
This opens a menu from which various options can be selected. Note that the Encounter Toggle from 1.5 has been retired
in favour of giving the player a maxed Enemy Away Materia once they leave Kalm; this gives a heavily reduced encounter
rate that can be toggled at will, and works on the World Map where the old Encounter Toggle did not.

Hotkeys
) Square/Switch: Open the Extended Options menu

Options:
) Keep Field Music for Battles
) Source Point Upgrade
) Hard Mode Toggle (triggers a special enemy encounter to change the in-battle variable)
) 0 EXP Toggle
) Return to Highwind (North Crater and certain other locations only)

Talk to Party In Towns
*) When visiting towns, you can find the main characters hanging around the place similar to how they would during the
initial Costa Del Sol visit, or when gathering people for Bugenhagen's Observatory show. Their dialogue changes as
the story progresses; characters recruited later in the story will appear in earlier towns as well, if revisited.
Typically the dialogue changes from Disc 1 to Disc 2 then once more to Disc 3.

Affected Towns:
*) Kalm
*) Chocobo Ranch
*) Under Junon
*) Costa Del Sol
*) Cosmo Canyon
*) Forgotten City
*) Icicle Inn
*) Midgar

Scenes
*) Some disabled or deleted scenes have been restored
*) New optional scenes were added
*) Revised Scenes, some of the original scenes were given tweaks to audio, animation, etc.
*) Flashback/Memory scenes can be skipped using in-character dialogue options:
   Jessie's Plate Explanation on the Train
   Promise at the Well Flashback
   Nibelheim Flashback
   Corel Flashback (1st)
   Rocket Launch Flashback
   Cloud's Memory scene in Mideel

New Materia & 'Splinter' Materia
*) Some new Materia was added to handle new spells added to the game.

Certain spells which would be desirable to combo with Support Materia are blocked from this when the Materia levels up
and the next spell is unlocked. Splinter Materia are single-spell Materia to allow for these spells to be used in combos
without having to replace them when the Materia levels up. Some commands have also been moved onto their own Materia.

New Materia
) Omni-Plus
) Hydro
) Pearl
) Osmose
) X-Attack
) Flash
) Core

Splinter Materia
) Regen
) Slow
) Dispel
) MBarrier
) Reflect
) Break
) Tornado

Bugfixes, QoL Additions, and Misc.
*) Thief enemies can now only steal gil, not items, from the party.

*) Counter attacks from enemies have [Counter] appended to their name (where possible)
Exceptions include player-available spells as these names come from the kernel and attacks
where an attack name is not shown during the animation.

*) Shop inventories have been adjusted for better availability of certain items.

*) Source Upgrade flow was improved so that specific characters can be selected for upgrade rather than
having to upgrade them in order.

*) Source Upgrades are now given at fixed points after defeating certain bosses, rather than accrued as a currency.
They can be applied at any time (or not at all) from Save Points.

*) Player gets access to a modified Enemy Away Materia that can reduce enemy encounter rate to near-zero on
both fields and the world map (replaces Encounter Toggle on older builds).

*) The prices of certain progress-requirements have been adjusted.

*) The CPR Minigame can be finished within a single button-press.

*) In Battle Square, you keep BP when leaving the area and can check what the prizes are with 0 BP.
Stipulation: Whenever the prizes are changed, BP is reduced to 25% of what you had.
This will occur after getting the Highwind and then again when entering Disc 3.

*) A fixed bonus of BP is given for completing 8 rounds in Battle Square, so even bad reels will still afford the
player a decent amount of BP.

*) 3D Battler, an RNG problem where the player had a less than 1% chance of winning all 5 rounds and not terminating
correctly after Round 5 (resulting in an invisible opponent and a potential softlock) have both been fixed. GP given
was adjusted. Players have roughly 50% chance of winning all rounds (with a 90+% chance of winning the first round).
A trophy Key Item can be acquired for clearing all rounds.

*) A trophy Key Item can be acquired by beating the Snowboard Crazy Course with 100/100 points.

*) The GP Seller in the Gold Saucer will always appear.

*) The lever in Yuffie's House in Wutai has been altered to be easier to use.
In vanilla, this uses a set-up that is unreliable so it has been adjusted to be easier to activate.

*) Temple of the Ancients: The Clock Puzzle can now be 'skipped' while keeping all items/routes available.
When initially visiting the Clock room, the 'guardian' will ask you if you want to proceed as normal with controlling
the clock or to skip it instead. If the Skip option is picked, then all rooms except #12 will be made accessible at all
times. The arena room can still be reached by standing on any of the hands and letting the 'seconds' hand touch the player.

*) Retry Battle events have been added to some boss battles where a lengthy cutscene plays beforehand.

*) An audio-synch issue was adjusted for an FMV toward the end of Disc 1.

*) Various Disc 2 Scenes were tweaked for better stage direction and character involvement.
For example, a character will turn their head to look at the person speaking instead of being left staring into space
from their last set of stage direction commands. Another example, in Mideel all characters have been set to respond rather
than a priority system that leaves the 2nd character passive (and locks off Vincent's dialogue altogether as he's last in the list).

*) In the Schizo area, the 'cannot escape from battle' flag is cleared after the battle so that random encounters can be escaped.

*) The music cue for a scene in Cloud's Memory has been corrected.

*) Save Points have been placed throughout the North Crater and all have a Teleport to Highwind option.

*) It is now possible to backtrack onto any of the three routes in the North Crater from the bottom, rather than having to use
the Left-Down path in order to enter the Right & Left-Up paths again.

*) Magic Pots drop an Elixir when defeated, meaning the player does not lose Elixirs when farming for AP.

*) Opportunities to save the game during the final bosses have been added; the Bizarro Save has been moved to within the scene
prior to battle set-up rather than before the beginning of the scene itself.

*) You can now collect the full set of 12 '1/35 Soldier' items.

You've just made my day! :D

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9795 on: 2020-07-20 23:28:35 »
Ow, man, coming this soon, I don't know wether to finish my 1.5 save or starting a 2.0. What would you recommend? I'm about to reach Gaia Cliffs.

I would keep pushing on with that; 1.5 is reasonably different from 2.0.

That all sounds pretty awesome.

If I may ask, in what way is the story changed in Game Type B?

You'll end up in the same place but how you get there, and who you get there with, changes which results in different boss battles or different events taking place.

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #9796 on: 2020-07-21 02:44:06 »
Glad to see this is coming soon! I better finish my 1.5 playthru!

Chrysalis

• ESUI Developer
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9797 on: 2020-07-21 02:50:11 »
Sega Chief, do you have the controller icons implemented in 2.0 same as 1.5?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9798 on: 2020-07-21 03:07:13 »
Sega Chief, do you have the controller icons implemented in 2.0 same as 1.5?

Yep.

VincentFromFF7

• View Profile
« Reply #9799 on: 2020-07-21 04:04:49 »
Forgive me if this is already being addressed, but in the Northern Cave, with Aerith in your party and you take the Left route, she vanishes during the Up/Down decision.