Author Topic: [REL] Real life Buster sword  (Read 10535 times)

Giullio

• Where is the love?
    • View Profile
[REL] Real life Buster sword
« on: 2013-08-21 03:36:27 »
So I've been working on this for some time now:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xogheZdAO18

Haha, gotcha! or not...
This guys did a lot of cool sword it's worth checking the rest of the list :D

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
Re: [REL] Real life Buster sword
« Reply #1 on: 2013-08-21 13:49:51 »
Buster sword has already been created by michaelcthulu http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNc7kHADtUw . Such as Lightning's gunblade!

What I'm eager to see is a functioning revolver gunblade from ff8 that works with a trigger vibrator mechanism that throws some flame off of the "boshi".

He's a little wacko though since I've contacted him to built one and he told me that if I don't deposit some money in his bank account (i think 300 dollars) he won't deal with it any longer and that it's not possible to built a functioning one and that he will block me because I spammed him before replying to my first message (I only sent 2 more emails with directions on how to create one).

Now I can't post in his YT page :P :P But I think he crafts some descent blades and is one of the best that uses steel instead  of aluminum alloys...
« Last Edit: 2013-08-21 13:51:41 by LeonhartGR »

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2013-08-21 14:05:59 »
It is fairly common to ask for a deposit on such projects before starting up. As to the OP's buster sword link... This one is subpar for that guy's work. I know he likes to make 'functional' sharp weapons, but he dropped the ball on the aesthetics this time.

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #3 on: 2013-08-21 14:47:24 »
Fair enough for the deposit but you don't block your fans for sending you instructions to inspire you to create. I don't mind about it at all though just warning others if interested in contacting him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lK52OpX0JBM
« Last Edit: 2013-08-21 14:54:13 by LeonhartGR »

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2013-08-21 14:59:20 »
its not so much blocking a fan as blocking a slew of messages that arn't bringing him money.

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #5 on: 2013-08-21 15:10:28 »
There's no point explaining any further if you haven't gotten my point yet... I wasn't spamming. This is YT and everything's not about money...
« Last Edit: 2013-08-21 15:21:32 by LeonhartGR »

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2013-08-21 15:31:57 »
...everything's not about money...
Yes it is. Everywhere.

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2013-08-21 15:38:59 »
Exactly. With a channel like that, if money isn't showing up, posts end up being a bit of a waste of time and its easier to filter them aside rather than read through many requests and proposed designs by people who may or may not know what they're talking about, to end up with no cash. It's the way of it.

I'm aware you were not literally spamming useless messages, but it was more than he's wanting to deal with. consider the amount of people messaging him for commissions :P

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #8 on: 2013-08-21 15:52:35 »
If everything were about money the original griever ring would never have been created by the official SE... Since then I've established a great friendship with the creator, he was inspired by my suggestions the moment he was about to give up and I have ordered 2 more rings since then going for the third this year plus one more merchandise to give as a gift... So who  has more benefit... you be the judge...

Communication is the most important thing in every transaction since ancient Greece... where commercial relationships were flourished...

Original Griever ring here.
Tribute to meeting me as a fan that inspired him to create the ring here.

There are more you can gain from people other than money and those other things can get you more money than you originally would if your only concern was financial profit.
« Last Edit: 2013-08-21 16:21:13 by LeonhartGR »

Giullio

• Where is the love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2013-08-21 16:33:33 »
Oh yeah I've seen the michaelcthulu's buster sword before, but it was so long ago I've forgotten... And I agree the sword's appearance is messed up comparing with the other video.

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #10 on: 2013-08-21 16:46:46 »
I guess it's so much harder to engrave on stainless steel instead of aluminum alloy, maybe that's why it lacks of details...

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2013-08-21 17:10:27 »
What flipped me was riveting on a blade, as well as drawing the circuit lines onto the body and then... missing them when milling. He's usually quite good at making a spot on prop but this ended up looking like a botched cosplay prop... made with 75 pounds of metal.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #12 on: 2013-08-21 21:44:34 »
when its not about money it's about marketing or favors which in the end boils down to being about currency

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2013-08-22 06:56:00 »
Screw em all! I want to see a realistic Soul Reaver! One was designed and molded on a Lord of the Rings sword community... But money dried up and the whole community collapsed before it could get started... Too bad though... That's one I REALLY wanna see!

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2013-08-22 21:52:55 »
I stand corrected! (For lack of a simple google...) Nevertheless, as awesome as that is, it's not... Exactly the same design.

Us artistic purists  ;)

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #16 on: 2013-08-23 01:50:32 »
I support "michaelofcthulu" for creating this Soul Reaver sword ;)

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2014-01-13 22:22:40 »
This thing is mad wobbly. I suppose that's unavoidable, with a sword so long and thin.

Nightmare799

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2014-01-22 17:40:56 »
I would think that the buster sword is made of material hard and light enough that, if the material existed irl would be very well possible to craft.

guitar_dudester91

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2014-02-18 22:27:00 »
This is great. I've bn watching Man at Arms for a while, I didn't know he did this.