Author Topic: [PC] p model simple editor - Kimera (0.97b)  (Read 504224 times)

Borde

• View Profile
Re: Kimera: FF7 p model simple editor
« Reply #550 on: 2011-07-15 17:32:16 »
This needs to be elaborated on.  Please and thank you
Well Obesebear It's some old pending job actually. Nearly 2 years ago I said I'd do some kind of 3D Studio importer. Someone suggested using COLLADA so I took a look at it, but then I got bussy with other things and my idea remained frozen until now. My idea is to finally takle this task and let people have a decent way of making their own animations (or at least interpolating them to 60 FPS) and generaly simplify the pipeline for those working with a real 3D modeling package.

6 years ago... wow, where does time go.  Better late than never, and you are under no obligations to anyone.
Time sure flies DLPB... it's kind of depressing, but I guess it somehow shows we're still alive. Which is nice.

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #551 on: 2011-07-16 15:01:18 »
Well Obesebear It's some old pending job actually. Nearly 2 years ago I said I'd do some kind of 3D Studio importer. Someone suggested using COLLADA so I took a look at it, but then I got bussy with other things and my idea remained frozen until now. My idea is to finally takle this task and let people have a decent way of making their own animations (or at least interpolating them to 60 FPS) and generaly simplify the pipeline for those working with a real 3D modeling package.
Time sure flies DLPB... it's kind of depressing, but I guess it somehow shows we're still alive. Which is nice.

If you can get custom animations, there is something I really want to try out...

skullmster

« Reply #552 on: 2011-07-23 10:26:48 »
Some will say this is too few too late. And probably they will be right. But I've been busy with real life and Kimera became quiet a chore. Besides, it looks like every VB6 program it's doomed when Windows 8 gets released, because MS has decided to cease any kind of support for it (I guess they have decided it's time to push VB.Net of once and for all). Don't expect any more updates (maybe some bugfix, but nothing major). This project is pretty much dead.
[/quote]

Hey Borde I think we all appreciate the fact that you gave us this wonderful editor in the first place! Every geek, gamer, and programmer knows Real should and does supercede any project like this. So although the project is dead, I plan on still using it to enjoy this game. After all its been 15 years since this game came out and to be honest Kimera has helped me re-enjoy the experience! Thank you for the wonderful work and good luck on your adventures and endeavors!

StrayOff

« Reply #553 on: 2011-08-16 19:34:00 »
hey dudes

i just made a quick wish list of kimera features i would enjoy if they are able to be done

- exporting a single animation frame to an animation file OR: a real animation editor tool (text editor for the frames enabling editing skeleton changing coordinates)
- disable the autoclose of kimera when bug occures. it kills my nerves ;O
- more import/export options like biturn, e.g. B3D import, 3DS export, Wavefront, Lightwave
- model preview in windows file browser dialog
- file association of hrc,p,a, rsd to kimera with enabling double-klick in browser opening kimera
- a button showing data information of parts by klicking (like the button in biturn)
- a measurement tool for measuring lenghts differences between points or other elements
- configuration options for kimera like rendering, background color, ....

All in all Kimera is a nice program but still not perfect. i downloaded the source code but i don't have skills with Visual Basic und to get in this would take too much time :(

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #554 on: 2011-08-27 19:14:02 »
Thanks for the support guys.

As for your whishlist StrayOff, I'm afraid Kimera will pretty much stay the way it is right now. Hope the COLLADA converter I'm working on will fill some of the gaps, though. Anyway, just a small clarification: the FF7 data file extensions can actually be associated with Kimera since v0.8, if I recall correctly.

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #555 on: 2011-08-27 19:29:29 »
How is the collada converter coming borde?

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #556 on: 2011-08-28 16:01:20 »
Unfortunatley slower than expected. I'm finding hard to spend time programming anything outside the job ever since I started working. That coupled with the difficulties I had to start working with COLLADA DOM didn't make the project any good. But it will get done eventually.

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #557 on: 2011-08-28 16:06:07 »
If your having trouble with Collada, Mr Adults wrote something that could help:

http://www.richwhitehouse.com/pubdata/collada_export.txt

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #558 on: 2011-08-29 20:07:37 »
Hey, that sample looks very insteresting ultima espio. Thanks a lot!

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #559 on: 2011-10-29 20:50:16 »
So, in playing around with Kimera's animations, and in keeping with your new project concerning COLLADA.  I wanted to suggest implementing a way to move and rotate bones with the mouse instead of clicking left or right arrows.
I assume that won't see the light of day, but just wanted to suggest in on the off chance that someone else picks up the source code to continue improving it.

dragicorn

« Reply #560 on: 2011-12-11 00:57:37 »
The link for Kimera V0.93 is down, any upload would be nice (the modified version)

I know this thread is long dead, but the topic seems relevant enough to reply, unless there's a rule against even that, which I don't know of.

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: 2011-12-11 01:01:47 »
1. You already made another thread (in the wrong section) about it less than TWO MINUTES ago...

2. Reviving topics to ask for a link is against the rules and is completely pointless.

3. The "modified" version your are refering to is not available to download.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: 2011-12-11 01:19:41 »
dragicorn, please take the time to read the site rules, particularly this (emphasis mine):
2. Posting in threads more than a month old IS allowed. However, if your post contains no relevant information it will likely be deleted and you will be warned. If a link is broken, inform the author by using a Private Message.

Vgr, please do not backseat moderate. The staff will take care of these issues as we have time.

You have both been warned.

freundwolf

« Reply #563 on: 2011-12-19 17:55:15 »
what are the files whit the 3d models???....

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #564 on: 2011-12-19 19:14:53 »
So, in playing around with Kimera's animations, and in keeping with your new project concerning COLLADA.  I wanted to suggest implementing a way to move and rotate bones with the mouse instead of clicking left or right arrows.
I assume that won't see the light of day, but just wanted to suggest in on the off chance that someone else picks up the source code to continue improving it.

I thought about that a long time ago and certainly was on my plans. Unfortunately, as you guessed, I'm pretty much done with Kimera. As for the other project (which isn't comming along very nicely), It's aimed to work directly on a real modeling suite.

The link for Kimera V0.93 is down, any upload would be nice (the modified version)

I know this thread is long dead, but the topic seems relevant enough to reply, unless there's a rule against even that, which I don't know of.

Why do you want v0.93 dragicorn? Did any new bugs arise with the lastest version? I thought it was quiet stable this time...

what are the files whit the 3d models???....

Sorry freundwolf, but what 3d files are you talking about?

freundwolf

« Reply #565 on: 2011-12-20 16:21:38 »

i dont understand  this programm :S

someone can help me??...
« Last Edit: 2011-12-20 16:34:22 by freundwolf »

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: 2011-12-20 19:43:15 »
I will be nice to you.

Drag and drop the battle.lgp onto unlgp.exe of Aali. Then, you can open almost any files that are not **AB **A (C to L) or **DA.

freundwolf

« Reply #567 on: 2011-12-22 12:59:13 »
thanks a lot....

but how pack again to battle.lgp???

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: 2011-12-22 19:36:09 »
Start a command line and type "lgp <battle.lgp folder> battle.lgp"

Livesey

• View Profile
« Reply #569 on: 2011-12-23 06:12:00 »
There is an auto LGP tool available or download somewhere, although I am unable to find the link.

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #570 on: 2011-12-23 10:36:12 »

Livesey

• View Profile
« Reply #571 on: 2011-12-23 17:24:37 »
That would be it. Thanks.

norikoteiko

• View Profile
    • German Ragnarok Online Highrate
« Reply #572 on: 2012-01-21 06:40:48 »
can anyone reupload ?

thanks

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: 2012-01-21 13:33:29 »
You should check Pitbrat's big list of mods for mirrors:
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=12503.msg177387#new
Kimera095c: http://www.mediafire.com/?4b317l7c27dsncc

Lionsmane

• View Profile
« Reply #574 on: 2012-01-24 18:33:34 »
 I keep coming up with the "MSCOMCT2.OCX or one of its dependencies is not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid error"

Im using vista, I already did a command prompt as admin and ran both mscomct2 and mscomctl, but I still get the error?