Author Topic: Using Reunion R05c + 7th Heaven  (Read 13725 times)

the_randomizer85

• View Profile
Using Reunion R05c + 7th Heaven
« on: 2017-03-13 05:29:08 »
Is there no way to get the 60 fps mod to work with the Steam converted 7th Heaven conversion mods?

Edit: I converted the Steam version to the 7th Heaven version, and installed model and translation mods. But I don't know if the 60 fps  battle mod even works. If not, then I'm going to have to revert. The main reason I want this is for filtered backgrounds.
« Last Edit: 2017-03-13 05:47:26 by the_randomizer85 »

WhiteShadow11

• You are free.
    • View Profile
Re: Using Reunion R05c + 7th Heaven
« Reply #1 on: 2017-03-14 19:52:23 »
@the_randomizer85, It works, but you need to make an additional step:

1. Convert the game using 7th Converter.
2. Remove/Hide ff7_en.exe (Steam executable) from the folder and install R05 (otherwise R05C will install on Steam Version).
3. Merge the Texture Folders (Reunion / Textures in mods path) (Optional)
4. Apply 7th Heaven mods (I usually just apply Textures for Models and Backgrounds) and have fun playing :)

You can verify if the R05c 60fps is working by enabling the FPS in game, once the battle starts you should see 60 fps .
« Last Edit: 2017-03-26 13:49:13 by WhiteShadow11 »

the_randomizer85

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2017-03-14 21:58:22 »
^ No idea as per the first post.  Maybe someone here will know.  I don't use 7H.

In other news: I am making good progress on the dll.  The sound module is now almost entirely rewritten.  Only downside so far is that Aali's driver is handling the FMVs.... which means the sound there too. I am going to have to see what can be done about that to bring it into line with my sound control.

I have also managed to properly reset the game to the credits screen module.  It took a lot of checking and setting break points and working out how the game changes module - but it's done. Last night I realized a few reset var functions weren't being called by my DLL, so the game progress wasn't being reset on New Game for example.  FF7 really needs to be rewritten :P

Will there ever be a way to filter the backgrounds with the Steam version and not with 7th Heaven?

@the_randomizer85, It works, but you need to make an additional step:

1. Convert the game using 7th Converter.
2. Remove/Hide ff7_en.exe (Steam executable) from the folder and install R05 (otherwise R05C will install on Steam Version).
3. Apply 7th Heaven mods (I usually just apply Textures for Models and Backgrounds) and have fun playing :)

You can verify if the R05c 60fps is working by enabling the FPS in game, once the battle starts you should see 60 fps .

I suppose that is fair enough, I just feel overwhelmed with it sometimes.  Can I still use the Xbox 360 controller with this?

Edit: And the backgrounds don't filter, what gives?

Edit 2: Installed the Waifu textures, no different.
« Last Edit: 2017-03-14 23:01:23 by the_randomizer85 »

WhiteShadow11

• You are free.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2017-03-15 13:00:49 »
@the_randomizer85 The Texture folder needs to be the same, Reunion or Textures (for 7th heaven), verify ff7_config/ Aali ModPath to be sure and you need to Lauch the game from 7th Heaven.exe

the_randomizer85

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2017-03-15 14:51:51 »
@the_randomizer85 The Texture folder needs to be the same, Reunion or Textures (for 7th heaven), verify ff7_config/ Aali ModPath to be sure and you need to Lauch the game from 7th Heaven.exe

What if there was no textures folder generated when downloading the mod? I'm looking in the FF7 directory and no such directory was created or downloaded..?  Something's off here.  :o

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2017-03-15 15:15:42 »
You'll find it in the 'mod' folder.

the_randomizer85

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2017-03-15 15:20:37 »
You'll find it in the 'mod' folder.

Huh. I was just looking in there, and a texture folder was never generated, even when downloading the mod itself, it's like, nonexistent. Something's really off here ><

Something tells me that I'm the only one to have this issue, and resolving it is going to be...interesting. I have a headache.

Edit: Perhaps there are leftover folders from the last time I tried the mod. Gonna to delete all unnecessary folders and try from scratch.
« Last Edit: 2017-03-15 15:23:33 by the_randomizer85 »

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2017-03-15 15:25:57 »
If it isn't present then create it. Actually the GC for 7th Heaven should create it.

the_randomizer85

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2017-03-15 15:28:16 »
If it isn't present then create it. Actually the GC for 7th Heaven should create it.

Yeah, the texture folder generated this time around. Also, I assume I can use both mods at the same time right? I can use 7H for the texture filter, but Reunion for the others I want to use?  Hopefully this time the games doesn't get those corrupted textures again. What is the load order supposed to look like?

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2017-03-15 15:37:29 »
Nope, the driver use either textures or reunion, BUT you can take the files from the reunion and copy them over to textures.

the_randomizer85

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2017-03-15 15:41:47 »
Nope, the driver use either textures or reunion, BUT you can take the files from the reunion and copy them over to textures.

Yeah, so about that. So the texture folder is there, right? Well, even after downloading the 3.3 GB texture pack, the texture folder is completely empty for some reason. Like, 7th Heaven "downloaded" it, but it's nowhere to be found. What gives?  I'm...starting to get a feeling of anathema right now. :-\

Edit: Are we supposed to extract the IRO files that it downloads and put it in textures or what? The only thing I want from Reunion are the model overhaul mods, 60 fps mod, and translation, that's really it.

Edit 2: Yeah, this is weird, despite having the texture path set to the Textures folder, Ozmy's texture pack is NOT installing to the folder. How does that work?

Final: Oh! The texture filtering seems to be working, weird, now, I wonder if I can now use Reunion for those three mods xD Now to map the Xbox 360 controller so it works with the d-pad.
« Last Edit: 2017-03-15 15:52:22 by the_randomizer85 »

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2017-03-15 16:13:58 »
Now to map the Xbox 360 controller so it works with the d-pad.
Place these files in your FF7 root folder:
https://mega.nz/#!XF0AGKIK!AJXtPVv4QvmKOXXSVsuqvNkoJPw5zc_Ot3c3G1XTGG0

the_randomizer85

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2017-03-15 16:19:45 »
Place these files in your FF7 root folder:
https://mega.nz/#!XF0AGKIK!AJXtPVv4QvmKOXXSVsuqvNkoJPw5zc_Ot3c3G1XTGG0

Thank you, also regarding Reunion royally ruining the filtered backgrounds (again, the conflict with 7H filter), I can't seem to get them to work, despite moving files around, doesn't seem to be reverting back to the filtered texture state. Weird.

Tsuna

• Global moderator
  • Working together to create awesome things!
    • View Profile
    • The home of Tsunamods
« Reply #13 on: 2017-03-15 16:45:28 »
You don't need to extract any iros files. Once you run the game through 7th heaven it will then place everything you need in the correct folder for you. Then when you close it it takes them back out again. This way nothing can ever break by having to do them yourself.

So its fine that the folder is empty.

Once 7th heaven is installed. And you've used the game converter. Then install the reunion itself from this thread. Change the modpath to textures in the opengl and run the game. It should be that easy. I find if I don't change the modpath all the text is miss aligned  and too big for the boxes so changing to me was nessesary.

Then once you have the field backgrounds mod downloaded jisy have them activated and all should be fine.

the_randomizer85

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2017-03-15 16:55:46 »
You don't need to extract any iros files. Once you run the game through 7th heaven it will then place everything you need in the correct folder for you. Then when you close it it takes them back out again. This way nothing can ever break by having to do them yourself.

So its fine that the folder is empty.

Once 7th heaven is installed. And you've used the game converter. Then install the reunion itself from this thread. Change the modpath to textures in the opengl and run the game. It should be that easy. I find if I don't change the modpath all the text is miss aligned  and too big for the boxes so changing to me was nessesary.

Then once you have the field backgrounds mod downloaded jisy have them activated and all should be fine.

That's just it, the mod path is set to Textures, I didn't even change it, and yet Reunion being installed once 7H is installed ruins all the filtering. I mean, sure if I could replicate all the model mods that Reunion had in 7H (every single battle, field, NPC), then sure, I would use that instead, but unfortunately, no such mods exist on 7H.  I'm really close to throwing my arms up.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2017-03-15 17:28:11 »
When the latest Reunion is released, it will no longer require the current installation methods.  So it may fix all these issues anyway.

the_randomizer85

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2017-03-15 17:43:12 »
When the latest Reunion is released, it will no longer require the current installation methods.  So it may fix all these issues anyway.

I'm...trying to understand everything that's going on, all I really wanted was a way to filter the backgrounds in the Steam version (similar to the Tonberry FFVIII mod), that's all I really wanted in the end. I never meant for any of this BS, or my posts of ingratitude. Ugh, I feel absolutely horrible :(

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2017-03-15 23:39:22 »
I haven't had a problem with your posts tbh. It's not related to The Reunion really, but I've given up caring as much about offtopic posts. 

I don't use 7h so I can't do much about all this.  All I'd say is that the modpath is usually where it all happens, so as long as all files are in there, it's good.  But you can't use 7h menu / retranslation with the installer on this thread. 

the_randomizer85

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2017-03-16 02:11:45 »
I haven't had a problem with your posts tbh. It's not related to The Reunion really, but I've given up caring as much about offtopic posts. 

I don't use 7h so I can't do much about all this.  All I'd say is that the modpath is usually where it all happens, so as long as all files are in there, it's good.  But you can't use 7h menu / retranslation with the installer on this thread. 
I was just frustrated, I couldn't get anything to work, that's all. Thank you for your replies though, and I look forward to seeing updates to this.

Edit: For filtering, I can always use this http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=162106660&searchtext=SweetFX

I almost forgot it existed.
« Last Edit: 2017-03-16 02:15:43 by the_randomizer85 »