Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4886140 times)

OOOFloW

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.3)
« Reply #1525 on: 2015-06-18 12:50:58 »
To avoid conflict with other mods etc, I reinstalled my game (steam version) > ran NT1.3 > ran Flevel patch.

At the save point at the start of mt. Coral (on the traintracks). if you select Remove Materia, it removes it, but also gives you a ton of Materia i never had (Odin, Bahamut, MP turbo x3, Gravity, Revive, Full-Cure, Contain, Comet and All. All of them at MASTER AP). It doesnt seem like i lost any.

This was on a newgame aswell as other saves i loaded and went to this save point.*

*edit tried a few saves that i had backed up. This doesnt seem true for all.... not sure which have the problem and which not. I think maybe before doing the falling down maybe? I can send a save file if it would help
« Last Edit: 2015-06-18 12:58:46 by OOOFloW »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: 2015-06-18 13:47:31 »
hey sega chief

sorry for all of these bug reports

but when car 1 got locked on your way to airbuster, cloud went through the car locked door when it was locked down

That's an issue that exists with the default game; I saw a video where someone was able to 'escape' the first train car after it was locked down.

To avoid conflict with other mods etc, I reinstalled my game (steam version) > ran NT1.3 > ran Flevel patch.

At the save point at the start of mt. Coral (on the traintracks). if you select Remove Materia, it removes it, but also gives you a ton of Materia i never had (Odin, Bahamut, MP turbo x3, Gravity, Revive, Full-Cure, Contain, Comet and All. All of them at MASTER AP). It doesnt seem like i lost any.

This was on a newgame aswell as other saves i loaded and went to this save point.*

*edit tried a few saves that i had backed up. This doesnt seem true for all.... not sure which have the problem and which not. I think maybe before doing the falling down maybe? I can send a save file if it would help

It looks like you've gotten Sephiroth + Young Cloud's Materia. I tested several save points before and after the Nibelheim flashback to make sure that their Materia couldn't be unequipped and placed in the player's party but it looks like it can happen under certain conditions. I'll need to add some kind of handler where it'll only unequip Cait Sith + Vincent if they've been recruited.

lappers84

• View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: 2015-06-18 20:15:04 »
Can someone point me to where I can find any kind of info regarding the new additions to 1.3 - It's been a hell of a long time since I've played NT (had to remove some stuff because of computer issues - but since the news of the ff7 remake, I decided this needed to be played again).

Cheers :)

OOOFloW

• View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: 2015-06-18 21:16:52 »
small bugs...

- Tifa seems stuck in a wall in her room in Nibelheim and can't be talked to (my first visit)
- save point in Cid's house also gives Sephiroths materia when Vincent not unlocked (not unlocking vincent this playthrough, for testing purposes. (related question, if save points are being redone is it worth for me to test "remove" option at every save point? Or will the handler / update automaticly fix all broken save points)

Lastly a random brainfart
Could you use the FMV where Aeris is drowned for a quest? The quest to get Holy materia back. It should require underwater materia (equiped on Aeris) and going back to the lake. I guess best time for this quest would be just after exiting midgar/before entering Northern cave. Not sure how this would work with '98 version that needs disc 1 for the FMV though... but yeah that would be awesome lol :D

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: 2015-06-18 21:58:53 »
Can someone point me to where I can find any kind of info regarding the new additions to 1.3 - It's been a hell of a long time since I've played NT (had to remove some stuff because of computer issues - but since the news of the ff7 remake, I decided this needed to be played again).

Cheers :)

Yo!

What's gone in since 1.3 was released is the following:

-) The Lv.70 cap was removed, and replaced with something that is much more discreet to tackle the problem high Level can cause with physical damage formulas. Characters can now Level to Lv.99, and there's no Disc 1/2 Lv.40 cap either.

-) Enemies/Bosses on Disc 3 now give a great deal more EXP

-) New spells were added, replacing older obsolete ones:
Osmose: Drains MP out of a target, available from the Heal Materia. Replaces Poisona.
Hydro: Contain-level spell, water element. Appears on Ultima Materia (renamed to Planet Materia).
Pearl: Contain-level spell, Holy element. Appears on Planet Materia.

Stasis Lock: Enemy Skill, replaces Angel Whisper. Adds Stop, Shield, Resist to a single target. Learned from Pollensalta.
Alpha: Enemy Skill, Holy element (similar to Beta, Trine, etc). Replaces Roulette. Learned from the Midgar Zolom.
Antipode: Enemy Skill, Fire/Ice element. Inflicts Slow. Replaces Flamethrower.

Osmose solves an old problem with Ether consumption, and is available when Aeris joins the party. It also makes Heal Materia less of a wasted slot until Esuna pops. Hydro and Pearl were added to lend players some high-level spells in this element. Same thing with the Enemy Skills, I replaced ones like Roulette that were highly situational & which lacked a unique animation. I also consolidated some spells down to make space. Frog and Mini are now one spell, called Lagomorph, while Death was replaced directly with Remove (which basically had the same effect, but a 100% success rate). Others were tweaked, like Chocobuckle being made into an early-game wind-elemental spell.

-) New Random Enemies
A number of new randoms were added into most areas of the game, though some are tricky to encounter. They tend to have slightly better EXP/AP/Gil and items. The Mango Fang found in wasteland areas around the Temple of the Ancients (world map) is an example.

-) New Yuffie Recruitment Event
To address a potential problem with the forced three-party fight against Bizarro at the end (which could occur if no optional characters are recruited), and a common complaint about finding Yuffie in the forests outside Junon, a new event was added at Kalm where Yuffie is fought & brought in as a mandatory character. It's very close to the original event, just triggers from Kalm instead: https://youtu.be/gbMC4e8AkCc

-) Extended Save Point Script
Still a few teething troubles, but the majority of it is in place. It can be seen here, along with a sneak-peek at an upcoming major change: https://youtu.be/TtNd4QVaAWE

-) Dark Cave Sidequest added
This is triggered from Dio in his Museum in Battle Square on Disc 3 (after triggering scene at the bottom of the North Crater).

Upcoming Changes (v1.35)

A very big change to the way characters are developed + an overhaul for enemies to account for it is currently underway, which will upgrade the mod to v1.35 when finished.

-) Rank-Up system: Characters will have static stats throughout the game (except for Level, which affects most formulas, and HP/MP). Instead, the player decides which stats to develop for the character and can make focused (or unfocused if you like) builds for each one.

-) Character Innates: These are in-battle attributes that trigger automatically to lend a bit more individuality to each character and create a little extra depth in the way you set up a party and plan a strategy for a fight. Some will raise defensive stats when the character is attacked, others will instead boost attacking ones under certain conditions. Cait Sith has a unique 'Rage' mechanic, much like Gau's Rages from FF6.

-) Character/Enemy Overhaul: To better fit the above changes (and the myriad of changes/tweaks since 1.3 was released), every enemy in the game is being fine-tuned; their attacks, stats, AI, etc. This is the part I'm currently working on.

small bugs...

- Tifa seems stuck in a wall in her room in Nibelheim and can't be talked to (my first visit)
- save point in Cid's house also gives Sephiroths materia when Vincent not unlocked (not unlocking vincent this playthrough, for testing purposes. (related question, if save points are being redone is it worth for me to test "remove" option at every save point? Or will the handler / update automaticly fix all broken save points)

Lastly a random brainfart
Could you use the FMV where Aeris is drowned for a quest? The quest to get Holy materia back. It should require underwater materia (equiped on Aeris) and going back to the lake. I guess best time for this quest would be just after exiting midgar/before entering Northern cave. Not sure how this would work with '98 version that needs disc 1 for the FMV though... but yeah that would be awesome lol :D

I've been engaged in a long and bitter war with Tifa randomly appearing in her house since 1.1. Seems that whenever I change the code there and test it out, somehow she pops back up following the update. I'll get to the bottom of this. One day.

I think every save point will have the issue until Vincent is recruited. Y'see, he 'replaces' Sephiroth in the game's kernel when he's recruited. What I could maybe try doing is making this happen earlier, then making him 'unavailable' again (at least in PHS). That could sort out the Sephiroth Materia problem (same thing with Cait Sith, but he overwrites Young Cloud). I'd pick up Vincent if you want to recruit him, I'll implement a fix for the next patch.

It's funny you should mention a sidequest for Holy Materia later in the game...

OOOFloW

• View Profile
« Reply #1530 on: 2015-06-18 22:13:53 »

I think every save point will have the issue until Vincent is recruited. Y'see, he 'replaces' Sephiroth in the game's kernel when he's recruited. What I could maybe try doing is making this happen earlier, then making him 'unavailable' again (at least in PHS). That could sort out the Sephiroth Materia problem (same thing with Cait Sith, but he overwrites Young Cloud). I'd pick up Vincent if you want to recruit him, I'll implement a fix for the next patch.

It's funny you should mention a sidequest for Holy Materia later in the game...

I see... i might have spoken to soon i guess, i will have to play more :). I restarted my game, after i first had issues, before i posted more bug reports, but i'll do my best to go through most the game. I am enjoying how you changed the Fort Condor rewards, I actually make an effort to get them again :).

And since i do like brainstorming....  :)  Maybe make vincent a new forced recruitment also? Like have cloud wake up in the bed at shinra mansion (as he does in the flashback) after sephiroth throws him the Destruct magic. Vincent could have been awaken by the stur/sounds/sephiroth. Would also kinda fix the save point issue if it is troublesome lol.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: 2015-06-18 22:36:05 »
I dunno about making Vincent mandatory, there's some tricky stuff with the basement key and whatnot. But that's definitely an option; the only way out of Nibelheim and into the mountains (besides using 'THAT TRICK') is through the back of town, which can be blocked by a line. The copies/clones/dudes hanging about mention that Sephy is inside the Mansion when you talk to them so that'd be a strong basis for having Cloud refuse to leave Nibelheim via the north exit until he's explored the mansion...but I'd like to keep it optional if possible.

I can probably fix the save point problem with a better If condition. At the moment it only covers Yuffie, but I should be able to add something in easily enough. It's just copying it to all the scripts... ,_,

As for Fort Condor, I'm planning to activate an NPC who will let players teleport there and then back again, rather back-tracking each time. Should encourage more players to make the return trip, and it'll also make some previously inaccessible battles available.

lappers84

• View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: 2015-06-19 00:25:26 »
Yo!

What's gone in since 1.3 was released is the following:

-) The Lv.70 cap was removed, and replaced with something that is much more discreet to tackle the problem high Level can cause with physical damage formulas. Characters can now Level to Lv.99, and there's no Disc 1/2 Lv.40 cap either.

-) Enemies/Bosses on Disc 3 now give a great deal more EXP

-) New spells were added, replacing older obsolete ones:
Osmose: Drains MP out of a target, available from the Heal Materia. Replaces Poisona.
Hydro: Contain-level spell, water element. Appears on Ultima Materia (renamed to Planet Materia).
Pearl: Contain-level spell, Holy element. Appears on Planet Materia.

Stasis Lock: Enemy Skill, replaces Angel Whisper. Adds Stop, Shield, Resist to a single target. Learned from Pollensalta.
Alpha: Enemy Skill, Holy element (similar to Beta, Trine, etc). Replaces Roulette. Learned from the Midgar Zolom.
Antipode: Enemy Skill, Fire/Ice element. Inflicts Slow. Replaces Flamethrower.

Osmose solves an old problem with Ether consumption, and is available when Aeris joins the party. It also makes Heal Materia less of a wasted slot until Esuna pops. Hydro and Pearl were added to lend players some high-level spells in this element. Same thing with the Enemy Skills, I replaced ones like Roulette that were highly situational & which lacked a unique animation. I also consolidated some spells down to make space. Frog and Mini are now one spell, called Lagomorph, while Death was replaced directly with Remove (which basically had the same effect, but a 100% success rate). Others were tweaked, like Chocobuckle being made into an early-game wind-elemental spell.

-) New Random Enemies
A number of new randoms were added into most areas of the game, though some are tricky to encounter. They tend to have slightly better EXP/AP/Gil and items. The Mango Fang found in wasteland areas around the Temple of the Ancients (world map) is an example.

-) New Yuffie Recruitment Event
To address a potential problem with the forced three-party fight against Bizarro at the end (which could occur if no optional characters are recruited), and a common complaint about finding Yuffie in the forests outside Junon, a new event was added at Kalm where Yuffie is fought & brought in as a mandatory character. It's very close to the original event, just triggers from Kalm instead: https://youtu.be/gbMC4e8AkCc

-) Extended Save Point Script
Still a few teething troubles, but the majority of it is in place. It can be seen here, along with a sneak-peek at an upcoming major change: https://youtu.be/TtNd4QVaAWE

-) Dark Cave Sidequest added
This is triggered from Dio in his Museum in Battle Square on Disc 3 (after triggering scene at the bottom of the North Crater).

Upcoming Changes (v1.35)

A very big change to the way characters are developed + an overhaul for enemies to account for it is currently underway, which will upgrade the mod to v1.35 when finished.

-) Rank-Up system: Characters will have static stats throughout the game (except for Level, which affects most formulas, and HP/MP). Instead, the player decides which stats to develop for the character and can make focused (or unfocused if you like) builds for each one.

-) Character Innates: These are in-battle attributes that trigger automatically to lend a bit more individuality to each character and create a little extra depth in the way you set up a party and plan a strategy for a fight. Some will raise defensive stats when the character is attacked, others will instead boost attacking ones under certain conditions. Cait Sith has a unique 'Rage' mechanic, much like Gau's Rages from FF6.

-) Character/Enemy Overhaul: To better fit the above changes (and the myriad of changes/tweaks since 1.3 was released), every enemy in the game is being fine-tuned; their attacks, stats, AI, etc. This is the part I'm currently working on.

Thanks for the update chief, sounds awesome - gonna enjoy this for sure

lappers84

• View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: 2015-06-19 14:31:42 »
I seemed to have run into an issue - I've got to the train graveyard and for some reason during one of the battles (it seems to be with this enemy setup with a deenglow, cripshay and ghost) the game hangs - the animation is still running but no ones doing anything.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: 2015-06-19 20:06:44 »
The scene hotfix patch should fix that issue; it's available through the front page. Let me know if the problem still occurs, though.

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: 2015-06-19 20:11:57 »
hey sega chief

your new save points unequiped all of my materia

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: 2015-06-19 21:44:51 »
Did you use the Remove/Unequip Party option while at the save point? That unequips all Materia and accessories currently equipped to the party.

Tom

• View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: 2015-06-21 18:11:09 »
What tool do you use to make the main installer and Hotfix patches?  I'm interest in using a similar setup for Q-Gears

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: 2015-06-21 18:45:39 »
It's a free program called 'Patchmaker' by Clickteam: http://www.clickteam.com/patch-maker

Tom

• View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: 2015-06-21 20:42:57 »
Which version of the program do you use?

Webbhead08

• View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: 2015-06-21 20:50:07 »
Hey Chief, I'm just looking for some late game stuff. I have made my way through a good chunk of 'new threat' content, but have yet to find: the disc 2 bosses are supposed to be re-playable somewhere? Still haven't found double-cut, contain, or full-cure materia, and where are most of the weapons needed to synthesize ultimate weapons?? Thanks!

Bowser9

• View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: 2015-06-21 21:33:45 »
@Webbhead08
Check the Highwind's chocobo stable for past bosses.
Check the Battle Square at the Gold Saucer for special bosses and rewards.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: 2015-06-22 06:13:49 »
Ah! Wait! Due to a, uh, mishap on my part I may have forgotten to remove two debugging lines I used for testing from one of the NPCs in the Highwind's Chocobo stable, namely the technician guy. The shinra trooper in black is okay to talk to, he has the Disc 2 boss menu but talking to the other guy will send you to the end of the game :l

The weapons you need are in two places; enemies in the Crater carry one half of them, while the Extra Battle bosses (Battle Square) have the rest. You'll need to make use of Morph to obtain them. Variablis has so far proven to be far and away the most difficult to Morph due to his high defence, but he'll be completely reworked for 1.35. If you have trouble morphing him, let me know.

To get the Materia you mentioned, all you need to do is defeat some of the Extra Battle bosses once and then talk to the navy NPC close by to get a one-time Materia reward; each boss gives a different one.

lappers84

• View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: 2015-06-22 21:27:34 »
So I've just reached gongaga and got completely destroyed by Rude and Reno any help would be great.

Doully

• View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: 2015-06-22 21:40:31 »
So I've just reached gongaga and got completely destroyed by Rude and Reno any help would be great.

It's a pretty rough fight for that part of the game. Dirty bombs work great on the turks even despite Reno's poisona and keeping up barrier will make healing less of a hassle. If you have any berserk proof accessories then you're over the worst of it really.

lappers84

• View Profile
« Reply #1545 on: 2015-06-22 21:57:24 »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: 2015-06-23 17:48:19 »
Sorry, missed your post Lappers; thanks for helping him out Doully.

\\NT Update//

So I got hit with a series of consecutive night-shifts at work this week, with the threat promise of a couple extra later on which in addition to the launch of FF14's expansion has slowed things down a bit. That being said, a new issue was brought to my attention on another forum that Mystery Ninja encounters can still be found despite recruiting Yuffie; and that a wild Red XIII appears in them! D:

It appears to be a variable that's triggered from the world map itself when the encounters are triggered that stops them from happening again; potentially tricky to fix if I can't identify what I need to do with the variable in question. But then I had an idea; what I'm going to do instead of trying to fix it, is re-purpose it. This is an opportunity to introduce a 'roaming' optional boss that can be encountered sometimes in certain forests until it's defeated. After the battle, it'll likely warp players to the Yougan field where Yuffie is normally recruited but I'm going to add a handler there that keeps the screen dark, plays some dialogue, and then dishes out a special piece of Materia and/or other goodies. I'm leaning toward using Hellrider V2 (renamed to Ziegfried in NT) for this.

Whaddya think?

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: 2015-06-23 18:28:04 »
hey sega cheif

I kinda like that idea alot

Bowser9

• View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: 2015-06-23 19:36:13 »
@Sega Chief
You got my Suikoden 3 feels. Do it.

lappers84

• View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: 2015-06-23 23:27:40 »
I'm definitely for that :)