Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4840101 times)

Murasame

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.3)
« Reply #1650 on: 2015-07-19 19:02:39 »
The 2x cut when it's selected has the cursor alternate between all allies and all enemies at some speed. I've tried timing it to hit all opponents but it'll still sometimes result in the character first slugging an ally before sending the second hit to an enemy.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: 2015-07-19 20:21:11 »
That wasn't intended, it looks like I've set the flags wrong. I'll correct it.

MetaSieg

• View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: 2015-07-19 20:35:20 »
I probably forgot to enable the rank up for that save point; but you're right. Earliest rank up I think comes after Reno though Tifa, Barret, or Aeris might be able to rank up a little sooner.

If you mean the first Reno fight then I can confirm that you can rank up before that. I just got to Wall Market and both Barret and Aeris have gone up one rank. Barret right after the church & Aeris when I got to Wall Market.

Bowser9

• View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: 2015-07-19 21:09:23 »
@MetaSieg
Wut? The first rank up I could perform, and I checked at every opportunity, was after defeating Apps Senior (and only for Cloud and Barret, no one else). I'm not sure if this is some acceptable range of deviation or I screwed something up while playing Arrange.

EDIT: Hurr durrr... I finally realized why. Since the start of this playthrough I've been screwing around (heck, I even named Aeris -> NoRefunds, lol) and dumping everyone except Barret down the drain in their dialogue options. That would explain why I'm behind. Son-of-a-
*facepalm*
« Last Edit: 2015-07-19 21:16:27 by Bowser9 »

selius

• View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: 2015-07-19 22:36:09 »
hahaha yeah i missed the morph materia and ended up redoing a large section of the game i had played just picking the first answers.

... then i had to redo it again.

MetaSieg

• View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: 2015-07-19 23:13:09 »
@Bowser9

Yeah I'm guessing that's why, I've been trying to be as positive in the dialog as I can.
Y'know that saying "Nice guys finish last"? Well look at me now! Lol.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: 2015-07-20 01:42:34 »
About that 2x-Cut targeting issue someone mentioned: https://mega.co.nz/#!D49zTQYB!eNvd7z-lEcKq79J4nK33VQlenmZN3sHadftcZd3WKl0

That's a scene hotfix patch which should hopefully take care of it; I restored 2x-Cut's original target flags.

selius

• View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: 2015-07-20 15:03:33 »
you can't morph an enemy and still get their drops can you?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: 2015-07-20 16:32:54 »
I don't think so, no. But you can steal items and then Morph.

Yuffie1983

• View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: 2015-07-20 18:51:42 »
Hey I got a thought, when this 1.35 new threat gets released with the new version of 7th heaven will it come with all the hot fixes as well. Also should the mod need more updates when released with 7th Heaven is released how will we go about updating it, in the usual manner via an installation from you or an update via 7th heaven mod.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: 2015-07-20 19:43:54 »
I'm not actually sure; I'd assume it needs to be updated in the catalog.

Edit: Also, thanks to the guy who made a donation back on the 5th. I should probably check Paypal more often ._.
« Last Edit: 2015-07-20 21:50:25 by Sega Chief »

MetaSieg

• View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: 2015-07-20 22:09:16 »
Got another bug for ya Sega Chief:

The save option for the bike minigame after Shinra HQ soft-locks the game, the music still plays but the controls don't respond and your left stuck at the slot select screen.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: 2015-07-20 22:20:02 »
Being stuck on the slot select save screen is a new one on me. Are you sure the controller didn't bug out or something? I'll double-check it just now.

Edit: Tried it out, but seems okay. Has anyone else encountered this problem?
« Last Edit: 2015-07-20 22:22:28 by Sega Chief »

selius

• View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: 2015-07-20 22:35:30 »
works fine for me. i didnt even notice you could save there, lol

MetaSieg

• View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: 2015-07-20 22:38:24 »
@Sega Chief

I just tried it twice and it's working OK, guess the game must have locked up on it's own. Sorry for the false alarm.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1665 on: 2015-07-20 23:06:10 »
@Sega Chief

I just tried it twice and it's working OK, guess the game must have locked up on it's own. Sorry for the false alarm.

No prob, bud; it happens.

works fine for me. i didnt even notice you could save there, lol

Looks like I need to make that more prominent :I

lappers84

• View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: 2015-07-20 23:12:34 »
lol, so much for trying to morph a Hell House it constantly commits suicide with bad plumbing.  Also to note that as soon as I spoje to a random NPC in Wall Market the game soft locked on me
« Last Edit: 2015-07-20 23:27:26 by lappers84 »

Zartemis

• View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: 2015-07-20 23:55:40 »
Hell House's AI will fire Bad Plumbing D: at it's back until it's triggered by taking damage from the party. At which point, Bad Plumbing D: switches attack sides and it proceeds to go ham on you. It's morphable, just difficult. Now VICES on the other hand. HUUUURGH. That escape.

Also MORPH BOSSES. Just...don't trust anything. Morph and Steal anything that so much looks at you funny. You know how annoyed I was when I realized I missed the chance to Morph the elevator bosses in Shinra HQ?

P.S. I stream on Hitbox. This is all I stream lately. I'd feel grimy linking, and I tend to have people on Mumble with me, but if you're interested just look up Zartemis on Hitbox. I should start uploading the vids too, though they're not yootoob quality so *shrug*

Edit: To elaborate further on the morphing/stealing thing, and don't read what follows if you want surprises with your item-collecting adventures, Saboteur Grunts give something p.good, Soldier 3rd can morph and be robbed for Mythril Sabers for Cloud, Moth Slashers cough up Carbon Bangles on Morph, a returning friend early on in the Shinra Building gives up Grand Glove, Heavy Grunts have Atomic Scissors from Morph or Steal (can't remember). I know I managed to snag a Mythril Claw for Tifa before the tower too, and the Dex bonus is sexy. Don't know what I missed beyond the elevator boss morphs, but always be on the lookout. Trust nothing, even if one boss doesn't Morph, there is no apparent rhyme or rhythm. SEGA CHIEF IS A MADMAN. SEGA CHIEF FOR PRESIDENT 2015 I DON'T KNOW.
« Last Edit: 2015-07-21 00:01:30 by Zartemis »

MetaSieg

• View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: 2015-07-21 01:37:18 »
Here is a question: Is SP awarded to characters not in the active party? I'm guessing SP gotten from dialog is but what about bosses and such? I'd like to know if I'm gonna have to shuffle the party a lot to keep everyone's ranks up.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: 2015-07-21 01:44:17 »
lol, so much for trying to morph a Hell House it constantly commits suicide with bad plumbing.  Also to note that as soon as I spoje to a random NPC in Wall Market the game soft locked on me

I wonder if that's the same issue as the dude giving out the membership card. I'd better check all the NPCs on that screen for anything affecting dialog windows; that was the source of it last time. As for Hell House, that's kinda funny; I didn't think of that at the time, but if the Plumbing wave is hitting everyone on the field then I guess it would derail a Morph attempt.

Hell House's AI will fire Bad Plumbing D: at it's back until it's triggered by taking damage from the party. At which point, Bad Plumbing D: switches attack sides and it proceeds to go ham on you. It's morphable, just difficult. Now VICES on the other hand. HUUUURGH. That escape.

Also MORPH BOSSES. Just...don't trust anything. Morph and Steal anything that so much looks at you funny. You know how annoyed I was when I realized I missed the chance to Morph the elevator bosses in Shinra HQ?

P.S. I stream on Hitbox. This is all I stream lately. I'd feel grimy linking, and I tend to have people on Mumble with me, but if you're interested just look up Zartemis on Hitbox. I should start uploading the vids too, though they're not yootoob quality so *shrug*

Edit: To elaborate further on the morphing/stealing thing, and don't read what follows if you want surprises with your item-collecting adventures, Saboteur Grunts give something p.good, Soldier 3rd can morph and be robbed for Mythril Sabers for Cloud, Moth Slashers cough up Carbon Bangles on Morph, a returning friend early on in the Shinra Building gives up Grand Glove, Heavy Grunts have Atomic Scissors from Morph or Steal (can't remember). I know I managed to snag a Mythril Claw for Tifa before the tower too, and the Dex bonus is sexy. Don't know what I missed beyond the elevator boss morphs, but always be on the lookout. Trust nothing, even if one boss doesn't Morph, there is no apparent rhyme or rhythm. SEGA CHIEF IS A MADMAN. SEGA CHIEF FOR PRESIDENT 2015 I DON'T KNOW.

The Morphs and Rare Steals tend to be unusual, it's to make it worthwhile because Morphing itself can be time-consuming. Certain bosses can't be Morphed though, particularly ones with death AI handling (like Rufus for example). There is some logic behind the allocation; SOLDIER enemies tend to carry a sword, while the Moth Slasher carries Carbon Bangles because they carried them in the default game and I'd expect people familiar with the original to look for Carbons again.

I'll check out your streams; it's good data to see how players are, well, playing.

Here is a question: Is SP awarded to characters not in the active party? I'm guessing SP gotten from dialog is but what about bosses and such? I'd like to know if I'm gonna have to shuffle the party a lot to keep everyone's ranks up.

Not to worry, every character gets an equal chunk of SP when a boss is defeated. This includes characters not currently recruited yet, so mind to visit a save point to get their stats up to speed when they join.

selius

• View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: 2015-07-21 01:59:08 »
highway boss can drop a platinum bangle. early double materia armor

morphing him gets you a str/dex+15 accessory. i picked the platinum bangle as i was using aeris as my tank and she needed the def

MetaSieg

• View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: 2015-07-21 02:04:06 »
@Sega Chief

Great thanks for that. I like to shuffle my party a bit anyway but now I won't have to worry about it.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: 2015-07-21 02:21:06 »

I've been trying to locate the source of the soft-lock but no luck so far. Do you remember which NPC it was and whether or not you'd been to the save point on that screen yet? I'll search the script next.

Bowser9

• View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: 2015-07-21 06:13:20 »
@lappers84
The process to morph Hell House, at least in Arrange, is:
 - Have it fire off the first Bad Plumbing D: and make sure Barrier + sadness is up so you don't accidentally get wrecked. Back row reduces the damage since it's physical, amusingly enough.
 - Use Braver.
 - After it transforms, let it fire off 2 more Bad Plumbing D:
 - Depending on the RNG, it might kill itself or be left with anywhere from 1-8 HP left. Good luck.

lappers84

• View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: 2015-07-21 07:23:22 »
I've been trying to locate the source of the soft-lock but no luck so far. Do you remember which NPC it was and whether or not you'd been to the save point on that screen yet? I'll search the script next.

I checked the Save Point in Wall Market then just just randomly I spoke to the NPC near the materia store just north of said save point before it locked up on me.

@lappers84
The process to morph Hell House, at least in Arrange, is:
 - Have it fire off the first Bad Plumbing D: and make sure Barrier + sadness is up so you don't accidentally get wrecked. Back row reduces the damage since it's physical, amusingly enough.
 - Use Braver.
 - After it transforms, let it fire off 2 more Bad Plumbing D:
 - Depending on the RNG, it might kill itself or be left with anywhere from 1-8 HP left. Good luck.

Thanks Bowser :)