Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4915229 times)

selius

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.3)
« Reply #1675 on: 2015-07-21 16:44:06 »
anybody had any luck with the rare encounter near fort condor?

siegfried i think it was called? i can't seem to encounter it. either really rare now or removed

Gatchaman

• View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: 2015-07-21 16:54:51 »
Ziegfried (I think it's spelt) has now taken over the Yuffie encounter, so you'll find him roaming the forests of the world with the same chances that Yuffie used to have.
Near Junon the chance of spotting Yuffie (and now Ziegfried) in the forest is pretty low, like 1/8. It might just take a while!
Good luck!

Zartemis

• View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: 2015-07-21 18:09:16 »
I found Zieg on-stream. Roughly Yuffie chances, and it didn't go well...for him, anyway. It was awkward. Worth it though, trust me.

MetaSieg

• View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: 2015-07-21 18:14:44 »
Two more minor bugs for you Sega Chief:

At the end of the Mythril Mines where you encounter the turks, Barret says something like 'Looks like we've got company". This line is repeated whenever you enter the room even after the turks are gone. I went in and out of the room a few times and it always pops up.

The next one is for the weather effects, at Junon (the little village area) the rain effect happens both outside and in the buildings.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: 2015-07-21 18:47:16 »
Two more minor bugs for you Sega Chief:

At the end of the Mythril Mines where you encounter the turks, Barret says something like 'Looks like we've got company". This line is repeated whenever you enter the room even after the turks are gone. I went in and out of the room a few times and it always pops up.

The next one is for the weather effects, at Junon (the little village area) the rain effect happens both outside and in the buildings.

The first is a debugging thing I forgot to remove; when I reached Fort Condor I realised that the original vars being used to trigger ranks weren't 'clean' so ranks were being repeated/skipped. I quickly set up a new one to test and used some dialog in the Mines to check the new ones were okay. It'll be gone from the next patch.

Similar deal with the second; I need to turn off the variable that displays the rain effect whenever the player goes indoors (all indoor fields are supposed to have it) but I must have missed those screens/thought that it wouldn't be possible to carry the rain effect to those areas. Thanks for the reports, I'll quickly repair them.

MetaSieg

• View Profile
« Reply #1680 on: 2015-07-21 23:34:02 »
More issues with the rain effect, it's not only that village but all of Junon and the boat as well. Also the option to disable weather effects doesn't seem to work, I've tried it at two save points (the one at Junon and the one on the ship) and neither change anything, it'll say weather on/off but nothing else happens.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: 2015-07-22 00:40:13 »
It'll be the variable not getting turned off; those Junon screens likely don't have handling to deal with it because I didn't think it could be carried to them. As for the weather switch, it's the same thing; if the screen doesn't have handling for it then the variable will remain on. It should work once a screen is entered that has the weather handling on it.

MetaSieg

• View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: 2015-07-22 01:37:13 »
@Sega Chief

Alright thanks for the info. Hopefully no more weather shenanigans will happen. Not that I'll be able to see them once I get to another save point lol.

selius

• View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: 2015-07-22 03:05:51 »
after beating ziegfried (who only has 15 hp for some reason?) i got a message saying i got an mp absorb materia, yet i have an mp plus materia instead

encountered him again, same deal. nice exp and ap but mp plus is meh. i want my crystal bangle morph back :/
« Last Edit: 2015-07-22 03:09:59 by selius »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: 2015-07-22 03:15:21 »

may have forgotten to raise his HP after testing the MP Absorb drop code. Now I know what Zartemis meant.

Also, I think I'll change the text to MP Plus and make that the drop rather than MP Absorb; that's found in a chest in Wutai anyway so MP Plus will likely be more valuable.
« Last Edit: 2015-07-22 03:20:33 by Sega Chief »

Zartemis

• View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: 2015-07-22 07:36:00 »
Okay, I've started putting up the FF7:NT videos proper on my hitbox. Weirdest thing I've run into so far was Barret, who was functioning as my Morpher, dealing 0 damage on any Attack or Morph to the first Jenova enemy. Is she immune to shoot? WHO KNOWS.

Dyne was...anti-climactic. I don't know if it was INTENDED to be a better, more manly man-with-gun-arm duel, but I remembered after the second go that besides Barret being in my main party? He was wearing a Protect Vest, which halves Shoot Damage. Not a DANG thing that poor man could do hurt me.

Let's not discuss how tired I was when I spent around 20m trying to get Harpy to Aqualung me. Just...no. Don't try to learn E.Skills when you're tired kids.

Junon tourny CURBED me at L25, and Zolom-senpai still won't notice me. Wish there were a better way to tell when someone had a Rank Up available. Or when Zolom would acknowledge my desire to hug it to death.

Also, you know what you did with that returning boss, Sega. If it comes back again, I will have a small conniption fit. I almost like him for his tenacity, but he's also starting to get to me. Glass cage of emotion, etc.

Also, throwing Morph that early on, as discussed with a lad on stream, was cruel beyond reason. My playtime is FAR too long for my urge to see what everything turns into lest I miss something game-breaking somewhere. Summons feel...really strong, but far too hefty in MP cost. Maybe they'll be viable earlier, but between the urge to morph and their MP cost, it almost seems like a wasted slot without some decent stats on them.

I love the taxi in Junon, I just wish it was, you know, a taxi. It can only pick you up from one place, and that makes me sad. Also it feels a tad mean that you gave Aerith Cloud's requirements for LB. I can sorta rationalize why, but it feels like she could afford to be a bit lower.

Need to test if Umbrella can make my Morph Adventures less suffering, but the lack of materia slots will destroy my soul even thinking about it. Rock and a hard place. Also I think something muffed up, because Buster Sword's power is above Mythril Saber's and even Hardedge's I think. I was wondering why Cloud as an all-rounder didn't get a STR weapon or some melee love, but looking at the database I think something went tipsy now.

Next stream, I think I'm going to go grab Aerith's level 2 limit break set then see if the Battle Square will traumatize me as hard as Junon Adventurer Hall did. I like the customization Rank Up provides, but it feels...slow. Maybe we could afford more ranks at a slightly increased frequency or something? At least maybe display SP somewhere so we can feel excited building towards the next big bump in power like XP does traditionally. Something.

Final Notes: Once I hit the Barret Affection XP glitch in Cosmo, I'll finally get to show the fella I named Red XIII after that he's not terrible in this mod. Soon, the reckoning will be nigh. Unlimited Dex Works comes for you. Not that it wasn't already with W Machine Gun's +50 DEX, but...well. Soon. Oh and big props on the increased boss frequency(keeps it FRESH), but some of them could stand to be a bit less...punching-bag-y. Either that or I'm unintentionally good. Hard to tell. Fort Condor still sucks. My Dio voice is fantastic. Highwind fuel can't melt Junon Cannon. Flowergirl Aerith for president.

Edit notes before bed: Buster Sword at 24 attack, Mythril Saber at 17, Hardedge at 21, Force Stealer at 18. Progression does not feel like progression in these weapons, even if they seem to fit branches in the all-rounder tree. Bug or intentional?
« Last Edit: 2015-07-22 07:39:01 by Zartemis »

selius

• View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: 2015-07-22 08:11:44 »
is the enemy away materia you get from the rufus send off the only way to get it?

also, i thought there was supposed to be an npc that brings you to fort condor whenever a new battle can be fought? i missed 2 battles apparently already
« Last Edit: 2015-07-22 09:49:01 by selius »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: 2015-07-22 15:57:19 »
is the enemy away materia you get from the rufus send off the only way to get it?

also, i thought there was supposed to be an npc that brings you to fort condor whenever a new battle can be fought? i missed 2 battles apparently already

Enemy Away is still dropped as a chocobo racing prize, either randomly or in that big prize pack you get for winning 15 S-Rank races (which is easy enough to do with a Gold or Black Chocobo). As for the Fort Condor NPC, that's not set up yet; this patch was more focusing on the battles. One thing about Condor is that some of the battles are actually unreachable, due to them triggering at times when it's not possible to return.

Okay, I've started putting up the FF7:NT videos proper on my hitbox. Weirdest thing I've run into so far was Barret, who was functioning as my Morpher, dealing 0 damage on any Attack or Morph to the first Jenova enemy. Is she immune to shoot? WHO KNOWS.

Dyne was...anti-climactic. I don't know if it was INTENDED to be a better, more manly man-with-gun-arm duel, but I remembered after the second go that besides Barret being in my main party? He was wearing a Protect Vest, which halves Shoot Damage. Not a DANG thing that poor man could do hurt me.

Let's not discuss how tired I was when I spent around 20m trying to get Harpy to Aqualung me. Just...no. Don't try to learn E.Skills when you're tired kids.

Junon tourny CURBED me at L25, and Zolom-senpai still won't notice me. Wish there were a better way to tell when someone had a Rank Up available. Or when Zolom would acknowledge my desire to hug it to death.

Also, you know what you did with that returning boss, Sega. If it comes back again, I will have a small conniption fit. I almost like him for his tenacity, but he's also starting to get to me. Glass cage of emotion, etc.

Also, throwing Morph that early on, as discussed with a lad on stream, was cruel beyond reason. My playtime is FAR too long for my urge to see what everything turns into lest I miss something game-breaking somewhere. Summons feel...really strong, but far too hefty in MP cost. Maybe they'll be viable earlier, but between the urge to morph and their MP cost, it almost seems like a wasted slot without some decent stats on them.

I love the taxi in Junon, I just wish it was, you know, a taxi. It can only pick you up from one place, and that makes me sad. Also it feels a tad mean that you gave Aerith Cloud's requirements for LB. I can sorta rationalize why, but it feels like she could afford to be a bit lower.

Need to test if Umbrella can make my Morph Adventures less suffering, but the lack of materia slots will destroy my soul even thinking about it. Rock and a hard place. Also I think something muffed up, because Buster Sword's power is above Mythril Saber's and even Hardedge's I think. I was wondering why Cloud as an all-rounder didn't get a STR weapon or some melee love, but looking at the database I think something went tipsy now.

Next stream, I think I'm going to go grab Aerith's level 2 limit break set then see if the Battle Square will traumatize me as hard as Junon Adventurer Hall did. I like the customization Rank Up provides, but it feels...slow. Maybe we could afford more ranks at a slightly increased frequency or something? At least maybe display SP somewhere so we can feel excited building towards the next big bump in power like XP does traditionally. Something.

Final Notes: Once I hit the Barret Affection XP glitch in Cosmo, I'll finally get to show the fella I named Red XIII after that he's not terrible in this mod. Soon, the reckoning will be nigh. Unlimited Dex Works comes for you. Not that it wasn't already with W Machine Gun's +50 DEX, but...well. Soon. Oh and big props on the increased boss frequency(keeps it FRESH), but some of them could stand to be a bit less...punching-bag-y. Either that or I'm unintentionally good. Hard to tell. Fort Condor still sucks. My Dio voice is fantastic. Highwind fuel can't melt Junon Cannon. Flowergirl Aerith for president.

Edit notes before bed: Buster Sword at 24 attack, Mythril Saber at 17, Hardedge at 21, Force Stealer at 18. Progression does not feel like progression in these weapons, even if they seem to fit branches in the all-rounder tree. Bug or intentional?

1) The two enemies that Jenova Vector spawns look identical but they have different immunities. One is immune to physical attacks and gives Jenova immunity to physical attacks until it's killed, the other is the same deal but with magical attacks. That's likely why Morph failed on one of them.

2) The Dyne fight has always been a little lackluster, and I'm still a little stumped about what to do for it. It's 1v1, which doesn't help, and Barret is very slow + not great with magic which can be a problem when it comes to Cure and MBarrier. I guess I'm worried about Dyne's damage being too high in case it creates an unwinnable scenario, or drags the battle out a lot longer.

3) Harpy doesn't have Aqualung anymore; I think that E. Skill is now carried by Acrophies and maybe Garuda. Godo might have it as well (went with water theme there instead of an electric one because of the Leviathan Materia you get for winning).

4) Junon Leagues are pretty tough at a low level. They were originally only supposed to be unlocked at about Disc 2, but I was convinced to just unlock them from the get-go. The pre-Bronco Battle Square shouldn't be as tough, and the enemy roster for it isn't as random anymore so it'll be easier to adjust your set-up to tackle it.

5) Did that mini-boss turn up again? I'd been hoping it would only show up once; let me know if you've fought it multiple times because if that's the case then I'll need to make an adjustment to the drops.

6) I put Morph in early because I wanted to ruin as many lives as possible to give people an interesting alternative to steal. As for summons, they're tricky to balance because they can easily nuke a boss if they're too strong. What I ended up doing was giving them the ability to ignore magic defence but with a lower base power, so they'll always hit good damage but not obscene amounts of damage.

7) Maybe, I guess it's because she carries some very potent effects on her Limits. Fury Brand essentially sets Lv.4 Limits to a Lv.2 meter, and Planet Protector/Great Gospel give the dreaded Peerless status.

#8 Weapon-wise, Aeris isn't going to be great unless she's been going down Track #3 with her rank ups for a strength boost. The other 'Morph' weapons will be showing up soon though, like the Nail Bat and such. For Morphing, consider using spells like Demi or Laser to quickly whittle down enemy HP (just remember that Laser deals damage equal to MaxHP rather than CurrentHP, meaning it can kill).

About the weapon strength, the Buster Sword has a higher base power than the first few weapons so it can fit as an early 'melee option' (with the draw-back of having few materia slots) while the Mythril Saber is for boosting Cloud's spells and the Hard Edge is for letting him Cover a bit more effectively with more defence. As for the Force Stealer, it has a very potent effect in that it drains damage as HP which will be very useful in Battle Square when he's fighting solo. It'll be around Cosmo Canyon (Butterfly Edge and onwards) where the Buster Sword will start to become obsolete as weapons will start to have higher base power. Same thing with the early armour like Titan Bangles and Mythril Armlets; Silver Armlets, etc. will replace them entirely.

9) The unequip materia option might be a good place to display current SP, or at least display a message showing if a rank is available. It didn't make it into this release because it's potentially complicated to add it in because of checks that would need to be made but it's definitely something that would improve rank up overall. As for the speed of it, that's a limitation with Sources being used from the menu; if I could raise a character's stats automatically then it'd be a lot faster but I don't think I can, sadly.

10) I think I fixed that glitch with Barret's affection points, along with the others. Surprised people would think Barret isn't very good, he has versatile stacks and solid Strength with a long-range weapon. Give him Cover and maybe Fury then watch the Big Shots roll out. Or maybe Dex is finally getting the attention it deserves as a game winner? Who knows.
« Last Edit: 2015-07-22 16:00:53 by Sega Chief »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: 2015-07-22 16:28:12 »
An issue arose with the Great Glacier enemies; two were using the wrong model, which resulted in Lessalopoloths masquerading as Frozen Nails and Ice Golems, robots in disguise, as Icicle Wolves. Strange how much chaos four little wrong numbers can cause. This patch will also correct Ziegfried's HP, and the 2x Cut target flags.

The hotfix patch is applied in the same way as the main installer; just direct it to the data folder and you're done. No reinstalls required. Hopefully.

https://mega.co.nz/#!qoM1DS4J!02z7qaWZiusOXLb3gMTWmYlttoD7DprG901iTTp8VkY

Zartemis

• View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: 2015-07-22 20:55:59 »
Oh no, I meant Vector herself, not the tiny addfriends. I didn't even try to morph them. Raggafraggin.

I'd say Dyne could benefit from feeling a bit more like an actual boss. Give him a rhythm, with some downtimes for Barret to recover between barrages. If you take the cutscene beforehand as a thing, Dyne's a faster, lighter-hitting Barret, but he also seems...ill. Not just mentally, but physically as well, possibly not eating well. So he'll rage out, lash, pelt you with a barrage, then stop to catch his breath. Barret's his even match, slower, but durable and much stronger. He'll take the hits, knit himself up a bit, and pressure Dyne down with heavy, well-placed hits. Not sure how that translates mechanically entirely, but hopefully that spawns ideas. But if you watch the video...Desperado looks cool, gets you hyped...and then does pretty much nothing. All that pelting and doing effectively nothing you can't pretty much walk off means there's no real weight to the fight.

Yeah, I figured out Harpy when I woke up. The shame was strong. Lack of water damage alternatives suck early on when you run into stuff like Zemzelett with his TONS OF HEALTH.

I wandered about the forest a lot, and did not find a round 2 with Ziegfried, but RNG is RNG. I was kinda hoping to since I sold that MP Plus and have since reconsidered on its potential uselessness what with maybe trying to make Aerith a summoner-type.

Speaking of summons, it just feels like they're a bit too hefty on the MP, especially early on. Blowing a third of your MP on a single nuke feels...dicey. Considering heals and the basic elemental advantages now present, it's hard to find a spot where I can press even Choco-Mog and still scream 'WORTH IT'.

I get it, I do. It just seems cruel is all.

Flowergirl best Aerith path, but saving that for playthrough 2 where it'll be full yolo strats. I figured what the weapons (save Hardedge, would've never made Cloud tank so it just seemed like a ghetto upgrade from Buster) were on Cloud's stuff. Glad I was right, though it won't stop my grumbling on even considering the two-slot Buster Sword just for like, 3 extra AtkPwr. As to morphing, it's not that it's HORRIBLE, but the amount of things that kinda giggle at Demi and my own personal brand of stupid just lead to me dumbface charging at things waving morph like a baseball bat. It worked out somehow.

Eeee, if the barret affection glitch is fixed I might have to be careful. The guy I named Barret after wanted to see the Barret date. And I meant showing Red didn't suck, not Barret. Barret's great. Especially with W Machine Gun. Oh the places we'll go with +50 Dex and a lack of morals.

I notice we didn't talk about Zolom-senpai.

Battle Square turned out...iiiiinteresting. As in 'aw man I used all my items welp time to not come back even if I want the cursed ring a bit'. Maybe later. Got some nice Diamond Bangles though. I'll probably stream more after my FF14 raids today.

Also, as a mention on the condor battles, it's about 5 of them that are unreachable, some are just at d*ckish times. There's one before you get in the water for the dolphin, for example, and then one after you get in the water but before you climb the tower. There's one where you have to park the buggy out of cosmo canyon, walk there, trigger cosmo canyon, then go back and ride the buggy ALL THE WAY BACK or you'll miss it. Fort Condor was programmed by like, Gen Urobuchi or someone truly evil.

And for the record, Zolom still does not acknowledge me at level 30. One day. One day.

Edit: Oh, and I've started making the recordings public on my hitbox and culling the chatter on my streams a little bit to focus on the game more. DATA FOR THE DATA GODS, FUN FOR THE FUN THRONE. Has the database on page 1 been updated? And I'd love to see the formulas for limit breaks there too, if they've been changed any.
« Last Edit: 2015-07-22 20:58:00 by Zartemis »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: 2015-07-22 21:53:36 »
Oh, was it Vector. Maybe the physical immunity enemy was still alive; I'll have a look just in case, but the AI code should be the same from previous versions.

That's a good idea with Dyne; downtime. Fast bursts vs. a heavier tankier character with breaks for the player to get some turns. I'll see what I can do with that.

Ah good, so Ziegfried didn't show up again? That means the 'problem' I caused with the mandatory Yuffie fight is closed down, was worried he was still popping up after being defeated. Also, dunno why you'd sell an MP Plus; they go for the amount of AP that's stored on the Materia and don't get a unique sale price until they're mastered. But ho-hum, there's another MP Plus in the Crater. On Disc 3.

For summons, they're essentially a panic button if a fight goes awry (pincer attack for instance). They can also be used to apply statuses to a boss while hurting them, Shiva is handy for Slow for instance. A good combo is maybe to have Heal + All equipped to a summoner, so they can regain some of the lost MP after a cast. Although I can't remember if Osmose can be chained to an All effect.

Ah, I see. Red XIII is an all-rounder like Barret except he has a bit more Dex and Magic to work with. He'd be great as a healer because his Cures will pack a little more punch and he can get his turns in a bit faster for emergencies. Like Cloud, he has some unique weapons lying around like the Plus Barrette which absorbs MP on strike, rather than HP. Red also gets a boost to SP when Cosmo is finished so he should get a rank out of that.

The Zolom will notice you when he deigns to notice you, and not a second sooner.

I'll check out those stream highlights, see how things have been going battle-wise.

Webbhead08

• View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: 2015-07-22 23:27:22 »
Hey Chief, (this is from a non-updated gamed, trying to finish out 1.3 pre-rank system)  - I had asked earlier, and am still having trouble morphing Vorpar with Yuffie/Conformer, tried twice in a row, definitely landed a 'Morph' final blow but Vorpar died a normal death, not sure if the morph animation should trigger when things are working proper. Just want that grow lance to complete Cid's final weapon and then close out the last bosses and final portion of the game before firing up a new run through. What do you think?

Also, Osmose + All would not target all enemies for MP absorb for me earlier in the game (again pre-rank update).

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: 2015-07-23 00:23:45 »
If Osmose + All doesn't work pre-patch, then it likely won't for 1.35 either; I didn't change many of the spells targeting flags.

As for Vorpar, if the killing blow was a Morph attack and he didn't transform then something must be wrong. The only reliable method I can think of is throwing a Vaccine at him to inflict Resist, hitting him with four blasts from a spell that will deal 9999 damage (Ultima for instance; or did he have 30,000HP? In that case, it'd be three blasts), and then throwing a Cactuar Gun item before going for the Morph.

Bowser9

• View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: 2015-07-23 02:29:24 »
@Zartemis
I have yet to get back there in this patch, but I recall that HP <-> MP is at Mt Nibel. Once that happened, Summoner Aeristhsths was born. Hilarity ensued.

Also, good to know that weapons are tiered now like the armors. It makes the math for Rank Up that much easier to manage. :)

lappers84

• View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: 2015-07-23 18:06:33 »
huh, so apparently I've been playing v1.3 and not 1.35 (probably should have noticed that when I started a new game.  So I decided to re download 1.35 but apparently it will only let me install 1.3.  I'm clearly missing something. :/

Interestingly enough playing on arrange mode I'm getting the 1.3x exp from enemies that I assumed v1.35 came with
« Last Edit: 2015-07-23 18:08:34 by lappers84 »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1695 on: 2015-07-23 18:39:13 »
huh, so apparently I've been playing v1.3 and not 1.35 (probably should have noticed that when I started a new game.  So I decided to re download 1.35 but apparently it will only let me install 1.3.  I'm clearly missing something. :/

Interestingly enough playing on arrange mode I'm getting the 1.3x exp from enemies that I assumed v1.35 came with

Some elements of arrange were implemented, but not finished yet in 1.3.

So what's happening with the installer? Is it not working/reporting that the files are already up to date?

lappers84

• View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: 2015-07-23 18:45:09 »
Something like that yeah - it's definitely 1.35 installer, but when I open it it says it will install 1.3.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: 2015-07-23 20:06:27 »
In that case, it's probably a text error; I maybe forgot to change the text from 1.3 to 1.35; it should install 1.35 in any case.

lappers84

• View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: 2015-07-23 20:18:34 »
I don't know chief, I installed it again and decided to start the game, when picking new game the text box said welcome to NT mod 1.3.  Was browsing Zartemis' stream and noticed his clearly showed 1.35 when starting his new game.  So no idea why it would do that, just to note also I'm playing the mod on steam.

edit: Going to completely delete the backup data file and start completely afresh.
« Last Edit: 2015-07-23 20:22:05 by lappers84 »

lappers84

• View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: 2015-07-23 20:40:40 »
I figure I'll try installing the hotfix scene patch and the flevel patch (although there's no link to the latter) - maybe that will work