Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4897894 times)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.3)
« Reply #1700 on: 2015-07-23 22:31:43 »
Not sure why that would happen; make sure the installer has admin writing permissions, etc. and maybe move the FF7 data folder onto the Desktop, patch it, and then move it back as an extra pre-caution. The installer might not actually be getting through security. Otherwise, installing to a default set of files ought to do the trick.

lappers84

• View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: 2015-07-23 23:44:11 »
it's working now, I made the stupid mistake of trying to install the mod onto the copied data folder and not the original.  Although you were right in that there was a text error when opening the NT installer in that it still mentioned that you would be patching 1.3.

Any who, now I can start for real.  Thanks for the help :)

Bowser9

• View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: 2015-07-24 00:11:49 »
@lappers84 Just making sure, but you have "run as admin" set in the compatibility tab for the client, right? I run into problems when I don't do this.

EDIT: Whoops, another page was available while I was typing. Got ninja'd by Sega Chief.
« Last Edit: 2015-07-24 00:14:28 by Bowser9 »

lappers84

• View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: 2015-07-24 00:42:49 »
lol, I did both of those anyway before I realised my error.

Proxy

• View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: 2015-07-24 01:52:36 »
Is there an ETA on Arrange's completion?  I stopped playing the mod once I heard about it, deciding to wait instead.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: 2015-07-24 02:14:54 »
It's going to be a long time; likely more than a few months, when the 1.4 patch is completed. For that patch I'll be focusing on the game's flevel; event scripting  and so on. I'll likely be adding in some scenario & event changes for different fights to make Arrange a little more different.

Meta

• Professional Forum Lurker
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #1706 on: 2015-07-24 04:33:55 »
I don't know if this has been addressed yet, but there's a little problem with the cursor on the end of part 1 screen (I don't know if this happens on the other two parts)
When it asks you if you want to save, the cursor starts in 'No' you can't select 'Yes', and there's an invisible option out of the window like shown in this screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/i9X1wen.jpg
I just pressed No and the game kept going without saving. I didn't try the invisible option because I don't know if it could have crashed the game and lose all the progress.

Anyways, I'm enjoying the mod so far, you are doing a great job Sega Chief. I hope there are more updates and content coming.
« Last Edit: 2015-07-24 04:35:27 by Meta »

Zartemis

• View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: 2015-07-24 07:35:09 »
More stream highlights:

Turks are nerds and I have unlimited cosmic power. For them, it was a boss fight. For me, it was Tuesd-...oh hay a barret event at the intersection. Neat. I'll just go to Gongaga Village. Nice inn rest, time to le- ...is this not the Barret event we had five seconds ago? Yes, yes it was past me. And we'll see it a dozen more times passing through.

Boxer has dialogue. Why would you crush my heart like this, I wanted a boxing goblin in my party. I mean, sure, Work Glove, BUT I WANTED A GOBLIN.

I ran into Zero enemies once. Then it took me like so long to find another pack of them I thought they were a hazy dream the first time.

...WHY DOES THIS MORPH INTO A BATTERY. WHY. WHY IS GLUTTON CASTING SOMETHING WITH 80 MP AND NOT HAVING ENOUGH. WHAT. WHERE IS COSMO CANYON? WH- oh it's a leeeeft.

BACK TO FORT CONDOR. HIT REWIND ON THE TAPE.

okay we're back. Barret glitch fixed, but he's so far ahead in affection it doesn't matter. Possibly because of the earlier glitch. Current events lead to a name change and a lowering of affection. Well the latter was mostly to correct the glitch and bring him in line with the others. He might not win now. We'll worry about it later.

Barret is replaced with Red XIII and - oh he's dead. Hmn. Well it's okay we have a few Phoeni- oh he's dead again. This is going to happen a lot, isn't it.

YEAH FIGURED OUT GI NATTAN SWEET V- oh he doesn't morph. I might've missed a drop. Better go back and - nope. No drop. RAEG. Oh well. Better continue. Wait wasn't there an item in the boss chamber? I'll just go back after the cutscene and - NOPE. RAAAAAEG.

and then back to fort condor.

Maybe Zolom-senpai will notice me next stream. Why did you make it so he doesn't notice you anyway?

Gatchaman

• View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: 2015-07-24 10:50:21 »
Hey Chief, one thing I've noticed is that renaming characters sometimes leads to dialogue leaking out of boxes, if the name is longer than the default! Not a massive problem, by any means, but if you're going to be going through events again soon, you might be able to pick up on some.
I will try and remember where things are if I spot any more, to let you know!

Otherwise, I'm enjoying the new set up so far - fun decisions with rank up, more materia than slots, and the character traits are cool. I like Aeristh 's ability a lot because it allows her to get small spells off regularly 'for free', looking forward to seeing her with summons.
Tying 'cure' to MAG again is good, I think. I liked the cutting through barrier effect, but allowing characters to be stronger at heals is another way to make them different.

Any sign of the .exe patch? Or is it still being tweaked?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: 2015-07-24 13:58:41 »
I don't know if this has been addressed yet, but there's a little problem with the cursor on the end of part 1 screen (I don't know if this happens on the other two parts)
When it asks you if you want to save, the cursor starts in 'No' you can't select 'Yes', and there's an invisible option out of the window like shown in this screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/i9X1wen.jpg
I just pressed No and the game kept going without saving. I didn't try the invisible option because I don't know if it could have crashed the game and lose all the progress.

Anyways, I'm enjoying the mod so far, you are doing a great job Sega Chief. I hope there are more updates and content coming.

Oh that, I forgot to re-align it. It should function okay, like it won't cause a crash. It's just that the text is one line longer above it, so the game is setting the selections in the wrong place. I'll correct it now so I don't forget again later.

More stream highlights:

Turks are nerds and I have unlimited cosmic power. For them, it was a boss fight. For me, it was Tuesd-...oh hay a barret event at the intersection. Neat. I'll just go to Gongaga Village. Nice inn rest, time to le- ...is this not the Barret event we had five seconds ago? Yes, yes it was past me. And we'll see it a dozen more times passing through.

Boxer has dialogue. Why would you crush my heart like this, I wanted a boxing goblin in my party. I mean, sure, Work Glove, BUT I WANTED A GOBLIN.

I ran into Zero enemies once. Then it took me like so long to find another pack of them I thought they were a hazy dream the first time.

...WHY DOES THIS MORPH INTO A BATTERY. WHY. WHY IS GLUTTON CASTING SOMETHING WITH 80 MP AND NOT HAVING ENOUGH. WHAT. WHERE IS COSMO CANYON? WH- oh it's a leeeeft.

BACK TO FORT CONDOR. HIT REWIND ON THE TAPE.

okay we're back. Barret glitch fixed, but he's so far ahead in affection it doesn't matter. Possibly because of the earlier glitch. Current events lead to a name change and a lowering of affection. Well the latter was mostly to correct the glitch and bring him in line with the others. He might not win now. We'll worry about it later.

Barret is replaced with Red XIII and - oh he's dead. Hmn. Well it's okay we have a few Phoeni- oh he's dead again. This is going to happen a lot, isn't it.

YEAH FIGURED OUT GI NATTAN SWEET V- oh he doesn't morph. I might've missed a drop. Better go back and - nope. No drop. RAEG. Oh well. Better continue. Wait wasn't there an item in the boss chamber? I'll just go back after the cutscene and - NOPE. RAAAAAEG.

and then back to fort condor.

Maybe Zolom-senpai will notice me next stream. Why did you make it so he doesn't notice you anyway?

So that Barret event is repeatable, eh? Well, looks like you found a loophole. It's a previously 'dummied out' scene that didn't trigger due to a variable being used earlier in the game that this one relies on. But if it repeats then it seems like it has no handler to get that variable switch turned off again. Oh well.

No Boxer for you. But maybe Gambler will join the party. There are some extra enemies running around like the Zero thief; they tend to have slightly better drops on them. I've made a mistake with Glutton; he used to cast I think Mini or Frog, but one of those got converted to Pearl and the other was condensed down into a spell that inflicts Mini + Frog called Lagomorph; it looks like he has Pearl instead. Probably just as well he couldn't cast it, that's an end-game spell.

Gi Kattan should drop a Heavy Ring when killed, which absorbs Earth and Gravity attacks while giving a Vit boost. For stealing, he's got a Slash Lance, Jem Ring, and a rare chance at a Relic Ring. He has no Morph, though. The Heavy Lights should drop a T/S Bomb.

The Zolom was set up that way because it has a strong Enemy Skill but is also immune to Poison with some hefty stats in it. There was a problem in early builds where people would sit on Zolom trying to kill it, so I figured I'd push them along by adding an AI check to prevent the fight until they were a higher level. You need at least one person over Lv.30 (he randomly selects one party member, checks their Level, and then the AI plays out from there).

Hey Chief, one thing I've noticed is that renaming characters sometimes leads to dialogue leaking out of boxes, if the name is longer than the default! Not a massive problem, by any means, but if you're going to be going through events again soon, you might be able to pick up on some.
I will try and remember where things are if I spot any more, to let you know!

Otherwise, I'm enjoying the new set up so far - fun decisions with rank up, more materia than slots, and the character traits are cool. I like Aeristh 's ability a lot because it allows her to get small spells off regularly 'for free', looking forward to seeing her with summons.
Tying 'cure' to MAG again is good, I think. I liked the cutting through barrier effect, but allowing characters to be stronger at heals is another way to make them different.

Any sign of the .exe patch? Or is it still being tweaked?

That's something I'm working on, I'm re-sizing windows to leave a sufficient gap for a max-size name. 50 fields down, 700 or so to go ;-;

Yeah, I didn't like the fixed formula heals. It made them too similar to Items and I always thought that taking MBarrier into consideration with it was a part of the strategy.

As for the .exe patches, they're done. So I'll put together a patcher for them today. Just be warned, they'll make the game slightly harder:
-) Limit Break effects adjusted. Less power overall, but more effects on them/useless ones revamped.
-) Enemy physical attacks can now be long-range.
-) Materia Equip bonuses/penalties adjusted (revamped from previous build).

One thing, they aren't specifically for Arrange like previously planned either. They can be used with either mode and should be considered optional.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1710 on: 2015-07-24 17:15:19 »
Here's the custom .EXE release: https://mega.co.nz/#!m0NEGSCY!4H1iMoTfu-M8objEOoQT4FtIFEjKNo1g7Yy75ef_Lho

The install method for this might be slightly different. Instead of the data folder, you're looking to point it to the Final Fantasy VII folder so that it can find the .exe (both versions). If you've renamed that folder to something like ff7 and the install doesn't work/can't find the .exe, then consider making a new folder on the desktop called Final Fantasy VII, dropping your .exe in there, and then running the patcher over it.

Also, before doing anything make sure to keep a back-up copy of your .EXE file; that way you can revert the changes if something goes wrong/want to use the default .exe again without needing to reinstall the entire game.

Features are:
-) Revamped Limit Breaks
-) Respecced Materia Equip Bonuses/Penalties
-) Long Range enemy physical attacks re-activated

Any feedback concerning these .exes is appreciated, but bear in mind that they are optional add-ons and will make the game slightly tougher. Also, they can be used with the default game/other mods so long as those mods DO NOT depend on .exe adjustments.

Also, the World Map model patch has been made a little more prominent on the front page; this basically updates Cloud, Tifa, and Cid to reflect their Field model counterparts.
« Last Edit: 2015-07-24 17:20:10 by Sega Chief »

Meta

• Professional Forum Lurker
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #1711 on: 2015-07-24 18:48:06 »
I found a bug, if you try to rank up in this field: http://i.imgur.com/cMvQu67.jpg you'll get teleported to this area and get stuck: http://i.imgur.com/ODAgyka.jpg

Bowser9

• View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: 2015-07-24 19:18:39 »
@Sega Chief
Aw yeah! I don't remember what all the limit breaks did, but I recall the plans you had for tiered bonuses/penalties on materia. Can't wait to try it out. Thanks, man.

EDIT: Very nice! I love the changes made to materia, though the Vitality increase on normal attack spells baffle me. It does feel like Sense + Sense + Cover + Cover is way too tanky for the early game (lmao Barret has 14 str, 0 mag, 98 vit, and 87 spirit before Shinra HQ disc 1), but you do make up for it by being forced to use items or demi for damage. Steal giving a +/- 20 to dex/luck respectively is hilarious. This is a min-maxer's wet dream. Great stuff!  :)

Big note for people like me using Reunion's menu overhaul! When you modify your exe, the menu overhaul will no longer be compatible with New Threat. Please make your decision to run the exe mod carefully.
« Last Edit: 2015-07-24 19:42:30 by Bowser9 »

LostLamb

• View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: 2015-07-24 20:08:00 »
Wrong link for exe. patch

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: 2015-07-24 20:32:39 »
I found a bug, if you try to rank up in this field: http://i.imgur.com/cMvQu67.jpg you'll get teleported to this area and get stuck: http://i.imgur.com/ODAgyka.jpg

Damn, sorry about that bud. I must have entered the wrong field for the jump. I'll get it fixed up.

@Sega Chief
Aw yeah! I don't remember what all the limit breaks did, but I recall the plans you had for tiered bonuses/penalties on materia. Can't wait to try it out. Thanks, man.

EDIT: Very nice! I love the changes made to materia, though the Vitality increase on normal attack spells baffle me. It does feel like Sense + Sense + Cover + Cover is way too tanky for the early game (lmao Barret has 14 str, 0 mag, 98 vit, and 87 spirit before Shinra HQ disc 1), but you do make up for it by being forced to use items or demi for damage. Steal giving a +/- 20 to dex/luck respectively is hilarious. This is a min-maxer's wet dream. Great stuff!  :)

Big note for people like me using Reunion's menu overhaul! When you modify your exe, the menu overhaul will no longer be compatible with New Threat. Please make your decision to run the exe mod carefully.

If people want me to have a shot at making an .exe for use with MO then let me know. I'll grab the .exe for it and apply the changes to it.

Wrong link for exe. patch

Cheers for letting me know, bud; I updated the main page link.

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: 2015-07-24 21:59:05 »
hey sega chief

you forgot to change your thread title to say new threat mod 1.3.5

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.35)
« Reply #1716 on: 2015-07-25 01:09:29 »
I always forget to do that; fixed it now.

Zartemis

• View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: 2015-07-25 04:27:01 »
Hmmmnnn. I'm debating that mod. Because on one hand, Hammerblow a strawberries (some patch notes on the LB changes would help). But on the other hand all the materia shuffling would probably make the game feel brand new and I might save it for run 2 since I'm already on Arrange.

Also, might be streaming either later today or in the morning(for me) tomorrow. Part of me is disappointed knowing that for sure I can fight Zolom-senpai. The other part is frothing at the mouth and demanding world-serpent blood. I'll get back to you on which one wins.
« Last Edit: 2015-07-25 04:29:00 by Zartemis »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: 2015-07-25 04:48:24 »
Hmmmnnn. I'm debating that mod. Because on one hand, Hammerblow a strawberries (some patch notes on the LB changes would help). But on the other hand all the materia shuffling would probably make the game feel brand new and I might save it for run 2 since I'm already on Arrange.

Also, might be streaming either later today or in the morning(for me) tomorrow. Part of me is disappointed knowing that for sure I can fight Zolom-senpai. The other part is frothing at the mouth and demanding world-serpent blood. I'll get back to you on which one wins.

In the .EXE, Hammerblow now deals damage if it's instant-death effect doesn't go off, making it an option against bosses. The .exe changes will make the game slightly harder overall, so watch out for that.

Reckless

• View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: 2015-07-25 10:02:47 »
Hey, Been secretly hidden waiting for 1.35 to come out and finally got a chance to play it, I have been enjoying it so far but I keep running into an issue that forces me to reset the game. The beginning of disk two when in Great Glacier, I keep running into a 2 pack of Bandersnatch(wolves) and it keeps soft-locking the game, everyone gets their initial ATB gauge filled, but after commands are set no actions take place and it's just a never-ending stare-down between my party and the wolves. the camera locks itself in place during this as well (models are still active/moving and I can still turn on targeting and help menus.) I have ran into a group of three wolves and everything seemed fine, it's only when hitting a specific group of two this bug occurs.(Steam Version/First 1.35 installer you released last week)

LostLamb

• View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: 2015-07-25 12:34:56 »
Uh I really really want MO compatible exe.
Or possibility to inject data in exe.
I m using bootleg 040 because of incompability with 7th heaven mod organizer (can't. load it properly )
7h heaven inject data in exe.
« Last Edit: 2015-07-25 12:44:56 by LostLamb »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: 2015-07-25 13:38:14 »
Hey, Been secretly hidden waiting for 1.35 to come out and finally got a chance to play it, I have been enjoying it so far but I keep running into an issue that forces me to reset the game. The beginning of disk two when in Great Glacier, I keep running into a 2 pack of Bandersnatch(wolves) and it keeps soft-locking the game, everyone gets their initial ATB gauge filled, but after commands are set no actions take place and it's just a never-ending stare-down between my party and the wolves. the camera locks itself in place during this as well (models are still active/moving and I can still turn on targeting and help menus.) I have ran into a group of three wolves and everything seemed fine, it's only when hitting a specific group of two this bug occurs.(Steam Version/First 1.35 installer you released last week)

There's a hotfix patch for that issue; download the scene.bin hotfix patch from the front page of the thread and apply it in the same way as the main installer (direct it to the data folder). It should patch over the installation and correct it.

Uh I really really want MO compatible exe.
Or possibility to inject data in exe.
I m using bootleg 040 because of incompability with 7th heaven mod organizer (can't. load it properly )
7h heaven inject data in exe.

I'll see what I can do. I'll install a Reunion/MO .exe and see if I can apply the changes. Hopefully it should work okay.

LostLamb

• View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: 2015-07-25 16:33:41 »
Thanks  :)

Murasame

• View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: 2015-07-26 13:47:48 »
Hey Chief, there's a slight bug when returning to the park or sector 7 as Tifa or Cid, their models are invisible. You can still navigate fine with the finger but I just thought I'd let you know. Also if you try to go into the bar as Tifa, the game hangs. Haven't tried with Cid yet.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: 2015-07-26 13:52:04 »
It shouldn't be possible to return to Sector 7 as Tifa or Cid, which means that the 'pre-plate' version of the park is loading up instead of the actual one with the wreckage. I'd recommend avoiding Sector 7 with Tifa or Cid as party leader, those field screens weren't scripted to handle them as party leader. I'll need to check why/how it was possible to get back there with them in the lead.