Author Topic: COME ON FEDERER  (Read 4309 times)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
COME ON FEDERER
« on: 2009-06-05 19:09:41 »
Not sure how many of you are Tennis fans, but today I witnessed an amazing recovery for Federer, aiming to be one of the few who have won all 4 grand slams and equalling Pete Sampras' 14 Grand Slam Wins.  Federer is already widely accepted as the greatest Tennis player of all time.

That match was one of the most awesome Federer experiences I have ever seen.   Go On Federer!  Do the business!

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Re: COME ON FEDERER
« Reply #1 on: 2009-06-08 02:23:57 »
Well done roger federer.....made history in tennis.  Equalled the 14 grand slam total by sampras and became only the 6th man to make a career grand slam.

The undisputed King.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/8087015.stm

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2017-02-15 10:35:05 »
And then, at the age of 35, he goes on to win his 18th Slam on his 100th Australian Open match, which made him the second oldest Slam winner of the Open Era (after Ken Rosewall, 1972).  Stunning.  He also beat four top 10 players along the way, which is a joint record (had only been done 3 times before), as well as beating three of the opponents in five sets (had only been done 2 times before). 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAYbygk-ljc

It's more than just the greatest tennis player now.  There is an argument he is the greatest sportsman of all time.

-----

I'm allowed to necro here, right?  That guy above is me, after all.  I saw it in topics that were being read.
« Last Edit: 2017-02-15 10:37:04 by DLPB »

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2017-02-15 15:34:18 »
I'm allowed to necro here, right?  That guy above is me, after all.  I saw it in topics that were being read.
Necroing in CU has always been allowed.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2017-07-17 06:07:05 »
So, Roger Federer is now - imho - the clear greatest sportsman in human history.  Not hyperbole.  There really is no way to explain this freak other than a superhuman. He has just won Wimbledon, breaking a 40 year old record set by Arthur Ashe for the oldest player to win Wimbledon (31 year and 11 months).  Federer is 35 year and 11 months.

Think about it.  It seemed unthinkable at one point that he would get #18... and now he's won 2 slams at the age of 35.  It's unprecedented in the modern era.  It's not normal.   :-o First he wins Australian Open by beating four top 10 players and winning three 5 set matches - and now he wins Wimbledon without dropping a set, equalling another 40 year old record that Borg set. This guy's talent and will to win and hunger is without parallel. It's frightening.