Author Topic: editing sephiroths limit break  (Read 8642 times)

xspudx

• View Profile
editing sephiroths limit break
« on: 2005-05-28 14:53:28 »
in the sephiroth patch, his limit breaks are clouds but none work except braver, can someone tell me how to change them to super nova or a summon or something?
thanks

xspudx

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2005-05-29 15:56:20 »
HELLO??  :evil:

L. Spiro

• View Profile
    • http://www.memoryhacking.com/index.php
« Reply #2 on: 2005-05-29 17:17:36 »
You waited a day, an hour, and 3 seconds before losing your patience?

All that impatience just to be told, “It can’t be done.”

It can’t be done.

L. Spiro

xspudx

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005-05-29 18:57:06 »
how come someone else did it then?
theres gotta be a way to make his limit breaks not freeze when you try and use it, i mean the only one i can use is braver?? come on that sucks! he doesnt even do it right!

Qhimm

• Founder
    • View Profile
    • Qhimm.com
« Reply #4 on: 2005-05-30 04:24:56 »
I believe what L. Spiro is trying to express is "It can't be done in a simple enough fashion for you". Even if you are highly skilled it involves a large amount of manual work, and call me crazy but I have this feeling you're not in that category yet. Creating the limit breaks for the different characters took a large amount of time even for the creators of FF7, and they had access to the complete set of tools used to create the various data files in the first place. Now adapting those files to an entirely different source data (Sephiroth's model) is no easy task, especially since we would have to do it by hand. Yes, it can be done. But I highly doubt anyone here is going to spend all that time on it, and especially not something that will be ready for you to download and use tomorrow. If you think you can do it yourself, then just read the various topics on the subject and try to get in touch with the authors, or whatever. And try to maintain the nice tone like in your first post.

Oh, and if you think these replies were ill-mannered or otherwise offensively toned, keep in consideration that you double-posted to bump your own topic (after one day!!), on top of that with an offensive attitude, as if we somehow owe you to reply the instant you post something.

xspudx

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005-05-30 11:02:47 »
okay thanks qhimm, do you know the set of programs i will need to do this?

Synergy Blades

« Reply #6 on: 2005-05-30 12:51:28 »
I expect that, looking at Qhimm's post, the consensus would be that if you have to ask, it's probably out of your league anyway. How is your programming, reverse engineering, knowledge of FF7's data files/structures and animations, etc.?

xspudx

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005-05-30 14:31:51 »
i know nuthin  :weep:  but im willing to try anything to get this patch to work

xspudx

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005-05-31 16:02:00 »
well what program(s) should i use?

Qhimm

• Founder
    • View Profile
    • Qhimm.com
« Reply #9 on: 2005-05-31 16:47:55 »
The best program, which should always be used first, is called ReadTheFuckingRulesAndDontDoublePost. People are going to keep making fun of you if you keep reading only a few words of each reply and posting vigorously regardless of what we actually said. If you're lucky. Otherwise you'll just be disliked.

Synergy Blades

« Reply #10 on: 2005-05-31 16:48:27 »
Well if you know nothing on the above subjects no programs are going to help you since you don't know what you're doing with them or how any of it works.  :-?

L. Spiro

• View Profile
    • http://www.memoryhacking.com/index.php
« Reply #11 on: 2005-06-01 03:44:39 »
I thought it was easier to just say it couldn’t be done and hope he wouldn’t go on about it.

xspudx, animation sequences in Final Fantasy VII are tightly-wound precarious things.  They expect data to be in certain places and if anything is out of place, it crashes.

Supernova is not one of the 200 spells that can be loaded by a player during battle.
You can replace an existing spell with its data and hope that all the resources are loaded that go with it, but there is no guarantee even that will work.

Then, even if it does, the animation is tailored to work against humans.
It is meant to call a specific animation that human players have.
Enemies and humans do not have the same animation sets, and there is no guarantee that an enemy will have a compatible animation sequence to be called at the end of Supernova.
The animation also expects that Safer•Sephiroth is the one who is casting it.  Safer•Sephiroth goes into his own animation sequence when it is called and if he is not to be found, who knows what will happen?

Animation sequences are picky little bastards who expect things to be done a certain way.
If everything is not there for them on demand, they don’t ask questions.  They just crash your gibson.

Aside from the few problems I mentioned, there could be any number of reasons it can crash also, and the problem is you aren’t even going to know why without a good assembly debugger, tons of assembly knowledge and years of studying the game’s code (in assembly).

Plain, simple, straight-to-the-point, it can’t be done.
If some other guy out there actually took the time to do it, I feel sorry for him for spending so much of his time only to find out it isn’t that cool anyway.
But as for you, you can’t do it.
Be glad you won’t end up wasting so much of your time.
You should be happy.

L. Spiro

xspudx

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005-06-01 17:28:31 »
the limit breaks do work, i used finishing touch, the animation did not come up but it killed the opponent, i think if you use the limit break and it doesnt kill the oponnent  then it crashes, so if i knew how to change the animations to lets say, a certain spell, life would be a lot easier. i dont care how much you all doubt me but i'm going to continue doing this i dont care how long it takes

ice_cold513

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005-06-01 17:33:36 »
Quote from: L. Spiro
You waited a day, an hour, and 3 seconds before losing your patience?

All that impatience just to be told, “It can’t be done.”

It can’t be done.

L. Spiro

He right to say this thing xspudxis still a baby here. He needs to read posts and know his limits. If you tell a baby what 2+2 is it not going to know what you said nvm what the 2+2 is. So xspudxis it can’t be done by you right now so go off and get the base of the FF7 mod posts and read up. I will go off and get some Grammer

xspudx

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005-06-01 17:36:28 »
OK THATS IT!! IM JUST TRYING TO FIGURE IT OUT STOP CALLING ME STUPID AND STUFF BECAUSE IM NOT!! DID ANY OF YOU EVER TRY TO DO SOMETHING AND WOULD NOT QUIT??? WELL THATS WHAT IM DOING NOW AND THERE STILL MAYBE ONE PERSON WHO MAY KNOW!!

ice_cold513

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005-06-01 17:43:13 »
Quote from: xspudx
OK THATS IT!! IM JUST TRYING TO FIGURE IT OUT STOP CALLING ME STUPID AND STUFF BECAUSE IM NOT!! DID ANY OF YOU EVER TRY TO DO SOMETHING AND WOULD NOT QUIT??? WELL THATS WHAT IM DOING NOW AND THERE STILL MAYBE ONE PERSON WHO MAY KNOW!!

Hay Chill out  i know what you mean but you got to read up on the mods and stuff like i did. If you ask what a good thing to start on aload of us will say somethings i was going to do what your trying but i know my limits.

and read some rules

xspudx

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005-06-01 19:53:26 »
okay so it is possible to change sephiroth's limit break's to normal spells, say fire, how difficult is it to do this?

Synergy Blades

« Reply #17 on: 2005-06-01 21:22:03 »
You mean apart from having to reverse engineer the entire of the FF7 game engine to understand how spells work, and then somehow edit said system to use spells in place of a limit break? I doubt even the best people here can do that. So no, in short it is not possible and if it is, not by you. Only someone with a technical, programming background and a deep understanding of the FF7 internals (Qhimm, halkun perhaps) would stand a chance - though I suspect they've better things to do.

xspudx

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005-06-01 21:30:09 »
okay then, but one day tell me its possible right?

Synergy Blades

« Reply #19 on: 2005-06-01 21:49:49 »
It may be, depends if anyone manages to uncover enough about the internal workings to find out. I suspect that with progress being slow it may never happen. Sorry.

xspudx

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005-06-01 22:03:57 »
so thats why teknoman gave up his patch updates?

Qhimm

• Founder
    • View Profile
    • Qhimm.com
« Reply #21 on: 2005-06-02 00:11:12 »
Here's the deal, in reeeeal condensed for especially for you, xspudx.

Editing anything in FF7 is possible.

Now, face some facts. You are an utter and complete newbie to modding, hacking, dare I say computers in general. In fact, if you plan to learn enough to fix Sephiroth's limit breaks by asking people at these forums, we all would have to spend more time teaching you than it would take us to fix the limit breaks ourselves. And if we're not fixing the limit breaks ourselves because we don't want to waste the time, why would we spend even more time to teach someone who might someday be able to edit something?

Please read that entire paragraph, over and over, until you understand it. The technical parts of these forums are intended for hackers and modders with an interest in FF games. Not for average gamers who suddenly think they can work wonders just because we write programs called "editors". Please don't take our work lightly, it has taken most of us years to learn enough to be able to do the things we've done, and it's nothing you can be taught. You must study and learn yourself, indeed you should already know computers, hex editing, and a bunch of other techniques before even starting.

Game hacking, and the programs we've written to accomplish it, are not aimed at newbies. If you can't use them, they're not for you. This is not something that will be solved by posting "how do i use this?".

So please stop flooding the forums with questions that there's no point in asking. People are seriously starting to complain out of sheer annoyance over your apparent ignorance. I'm sorry if you can't do FF editing, but it's not for anyone. Go and study computers, hex editing, disassembly, data formats, compression algorithms etc., then investigate the various FF7 data files, and when you've reached the point where you're starting to understand how our programs work, then you're perhaps ready to start posting about it again. Until then, zip it and lurk.

xspudx

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005-06-02 01:10:23 »
okay then sorry but i just really wanted this to work because i wanted it so bad i wasnt trying to annoy you people but if thats the way you find it i'll drop it

ice_cold513

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005-06-02 09:57:04 »
What Qhimm said Go and study i will to. I think 1 day we all will look back on the ff7 mods and say i can do that with my eyes closed

mirex

• View Profile
    • http://mirex.mypage.sk
« Reply #24 on: 2005-06-02 13:18:43 »
xspudx: i'd say that reading all the threads in Tech related forum would be a good start. When you finish reading them (that could be somewhere around 14th february 2006, there is alot of info inthere) then you could see if it is possible or if its not, or if you should create new tool for FF7 and stuff... just try to get more info for yourself. Info is here on boards in the Tech Related thread.