Author Topic: [FF8PC-Steam]SeeDReborn v4.1 Multi-Language [NEW! More Options!] (5/22/19)  (Read 556901 times)

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
Re: [FF8/REL] SeeD Reborn (v3.1) - FF8 Menu Overhaul for STEAM
« Reply #25 on: 2014-07-17 12:21:03 »
I can't download it.
Ok, the download manger download it know. It seems that Google Chrom doesn't like it.
« Last Edit: 2014-07-17 12:24:42 by Kaldarasha »

monty777

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2014-07-17 14:40:40 »
OMG...dude, this is the most incredible update ever...Thank you so much, this is PERFECT. Now all we need is an EDEN update that fixes glitches and the magochocobo character models and i'm in heaven, lol. Thank you so much for all your hard work, you rock bro, cheers.
« Last Edit: 2014-07-17 15:00:23 by monty777 »

Mcindus

• Artist, Modder, Musician.
    • View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #27 on: 2014-07-17 16:46:32 »
OMG...dude, this is the most incredible update ever...Thank you so much, this is PERFECT. Now all we need is an EDEN update that fixes glitches and the magochocobo character models and i'm in heaven, lol. Thank you so much for all your hard work, you rock bro, cheers.

Thank you! :)  This update was a pain, but it makes the game feel shiny and new in my opinion.
I'm glad you and sunz like it so much! Thanks guys! It means a lot!

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2014-07-17 16:58:48 »
I like.

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #29 on: 2014-07-17 18:16:01 »
I like.

I approve of this endorsement.

:mrgreen:

Thanks, DLPB - that means a lot coming from the man responsible for The Reunion.
I can't wait to play R02, but I just finished this... and... I ... can't ... stop... playing ...

I'm going to do a video series on R02 right after my Mods playthrough video series of FF8.

monty777

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2014-07-17 19:02:25 »
Thank you! :)  This update was a pain, but it makes the game feel shiny and new in my opinion.
I'm glad you and sunz like it so much! Thanks guys! It means a lot!

You're welcome man, you deserve some props. All text glitches seem to have been fixed AND we got a new grey text background (or whatever its called). It looks awesome, shiny and like you said gives the game a new and shiny feeling. Once more, THANK YOU. Very good work.

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2014-07-17 20:38:57 »
Why'd you have to go and make such an awesome pack? Now i'm gonna need to buy the steam version! haha

Awesome work man. should turn your attention to some of the FF7 magic textures :P

Aavock

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2014-07-18 02:25:17 »
Great job Mcindus!

I'm pretty sure the spanish version is calling different pages for different letters and textures... the issue is that there would need to be a special exception made in tonberry for each of the different languages... AND I would have to re-do a master texture page for each of the main languages.  I only have access to the English version myself... so I wouldn't even know where to look.  I'm sure it's just a .TEX file named something based on the language it's in... and the icons would probably have their own .TIM file, but this would be a beastly project.
Problem with non-english versions is that they all use a single 256x256px texture for the icons (icon.tex); this file is located in ff8\data\*language\menu\ while the english version uses 4 divided 256x256px "upscaled" textures in ff8\data\eng\menu\hires\. I've tried the characters/GF avatars and start screen with the french version and it works fine so I guess this icon.tex is the only unreadable SeeD Reborn texture so far for non-english versions.

JeMaCheHi

• You can just call me J!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel :D
« Reply #33 on: 2014-07-18 10:34:44 »
Great job Mcindus!
Problem with non-english versions is that they all use a single 256x256px texture for the icons (icon.tex); this file is located in ff8\data\*language\menu\ while the english version uses 4 divided 256x256px "upscaled" textures in ff8\data\eng\menu\hires\. I've tried the characters/GF avatars and start screen with the french version and it works fine so I guess this icon.tex is the only unreadable SeeD Reborn texture so far for non-english versions.

Yes, since Mcindus told me he cannot support all languages (for obvious reasons) I've been investigating a little and the texture you're talking about is that one (however I don't know why is palletted with yellow):

BUT that confuses me. Why then it replaces certain letters? And the right ones, not another letter! I posted a screenshot in a previous post... here is it :D

I ALWAYS replaces "a" "e" "M" for example but never do it whith "S" "u"... and most of them hahaha. I editied Mcindus textures, specifically the "a" from "sysfld00_20.png" (the white fonts, and edited the a because is one of the replaced ones). Then I put it on Tonberry's textures folder and.... It works! The change is made! So it's actually using letters from that textures.

What do you guys think about this? Is it posible that the game uses some letter from a texture, and the rest from another...? There's something wrong here...

Aavock

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2014-07-19 02:23:48 »
BUT that confuses me. Why then it replaces certain letters? And the right ones, not another letter! I posted a screenshot in a previous post...
There's 2 divided textures for fonts: sysfld00 and sysfld01 (2 folders with 8 *.png files each for SeeD Reborn). It looks like the only folder working is sysfld00 because all sysfld01 letters remain untouched. Not sure about the german and italian versions but both sysfld00 and sysfld01 works fine with the french version.

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #35 on: 2014-07-19 05:19:35 »
There's 2 divided textures for fonts: sysfld00 and sysfld01 (2 folders with 8 *.png files each for SeeD Reborn). It looks like the only folder working is sysfld00 because all sysfld01 letters remain untouched. Not sure about the german and italian versions but both sysfld00 and sysfld01 works fine with the french version.

Are the icon.tex files working for the french version? Do they share the English version (4 seperate quadrants)? 
If SeeD Reborn isn't working with it I wouldn't mind trying to tackle the french version, but I would need the 15 different palettes that get dumped into the debug folder in Tonberry.  If you're interested in going forward with a version in the future, you could .rar them up and send them my way and I could try to tackle it with Omzy in the future.

Aavock

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2014-07-19 16:17:40 »
Are the icon.tex files working for the french version? Do they share the English version (4 seperate quadrants)?

Only the english uses the 4 separate quadrants 256x256px icon files (iconfl00.tex, iconfl01.tex, iconfl02.tex and iconfl03.tex inside the hires folder); those files are inexistant for the other languages, instead of that the game use the single icon.tex 256x256px file in the root folder of main.fs (this file is also included in the english version but unused).

savage-xp

• View Profile
Re: [FF8PC-Steam] SeeD Reborn - FF8 Menu Overhaul (v3.1)
« Reply #37 on: 2014-07-19 18:38:15 »
Works like a charm with Tmbry 1.5, thanks!

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #38 on: 2014-07-19 19:06:59 »
Only the english uses the 4 separate quadrants 256x256px icon files (iconfl00.tex, iconfl01.tex, iconfl02.tex and iconfl03.tex inside the hires folder); those files are inexistant for the other languages, instead of that the game use the single icon.tex 256x256px file in the root folder of main.fs (this file is also included in the english version but unused).

Actually, it is used for a few small things in the English version -- they're just few and far between.  iconmasterfl in my folder hierarchy is actually icon.tex - so it really shouldn't be that hard for Omzy to hash them once I create special folders for each language.

I would LOVE it if you could dump the debug information from the French version into a .rar file that I can upscale!  I already have JaMeCheHi's Spanish version put together and ready to hash while I work on upscaling it.  Lol... the sysfld01 file that he can't access literally only has ONE character that is different between the versions... it's silly :P

The problem with dumping into the debug folder is that you will be sifting through so many duplicates, your head will spin - but it's currently the only way for Omzy to know which file has to be replaced.  I put some information on the Tonberry thread about getting all of the palettes to populate while you play.  I would just have a save ready to go and do NOTHING but try to get palettes to populate - otherwise you are going to have gigs of files to sift through.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2014-07-21 03:17:02 »
Just watched a little bit of your newest playthrough, and I must say this is looking really good.  Do you have any plans to mess with the letter spacing?

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #40 on: 2014-07-21 04:39:43 »
Just watched a little bit of your newest playthrough, and I must say this is looking really good.  Do you have any plans to mess with the letter spacing?

THANKS! :)

I am always looking to improve the mod, so if you see letters that are consistently too far to the left or right, then let me know! I'm always updating.  In fact.. I just updated the OP to v3.2

If you mean, change the spacing in Deling - not really unless I change the font to something interesting enough to warrant the change.  Right now, the lowercase 'w' is really pissing me off (tiny spacing!) and some of the capital letters have extra space around them.
============

NEW RELEASE! Check the Original Post! v3.2
- fixes to menu border
- minor text alignment/shading fix
« Last Edit: 2014-07-21 06:50:06 by Mcindus »

itx

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2014-07-21 16:17:16 »
Yes, since Mcindus told me he cannot support all languages (for obvious reasons) I've been investigating a little and the texture you're talking about is that one (however I don't know why is palletted with yellow):

BUT that confuses me. Why then it replaces certain letters? And the right ones, not another letter! I posted a screenshot in a previous post... here is it :D

I ALWAYS replaces "a" "e" "M" for example but never do it whith "S" "u"... and most of them hahaha. I editied Mcindus textures, specifically the "a" from "sysfld00_20.png" (the white fonts, and edited the a because is one of the replaced ones). Then I put it on Tonberry's textures folder and.... It works! The change is made! So it's actually using letters from that textures.

What do you guys think about this? Is it posible that the game uses some letter from a texture, and the rest from another...? There's something wrong here...

So you fixed the problem? i have the spanish version too, and the same problem.

JeMaCheHi

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2014-07-21 21:58:36 »
So you fixed the problem? i have the spanish version too, and the same problem.

We're still working on it. I gave Mcindus the needed textures, now is up to him and Omzy to do the rest. But now Omzy is with some stuff in real life so I think we will have to wait at least a few weeks.

I've noticed that the screenshots Mcindus put in the first post have a much smoother background than me. Did you noted that too?

itx

• View Profile
Re: [FF8PC-Steam] SeeD Reborn - FF8 Menu Overhaul (v3.2)
« Reply #43 on: 2014-07-21 23:16:09 »
yes, and some things doesn't work in the spanish version, like the new elemental and status icons.

JeMaCheHi

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2014-07-21 23:58:17 »
That happens because english version uses a hires textures, and the rest of languages use a lower res texture (actually, the texture in the post you quoted), so that icons aren't been replaced. Mcindus is working on that texture and will eventually release the spanish version, just give him time :D

itx

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2014-07-22 01:12:56 »
Nice!

necross

• Power ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2014-07-30 05:08:54 »
Hi! this mod is amazing, unfortunately I have the Spanish version :'(. Maybe we can help you?
ESP: A los amigos que también están esperando, ¿podríamos ayudar en algo quizás?
PS: excuse me for my bad english haha

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #47 on: 2014-07-30 05:14:40 »
Hi! this mod is amazing, unfortunately I have the Spanish version :'(. Maybe we can help you?
ESP: A los amigos que también están esperando, ¿podríamos ayudar en algo quizás?
PS: excuse me for my bad english haha

I recently spoke with Omzy and it looks like we might be able to get a spanish (german and french as well) version out there in 2-3 weeks.  It's been hectic for all of us this summer - especially Omzy - and I'm just glad we've come this far as quickly as we have!

Oh, and thank you!!  Your English was great BTW.
« Last Edit: 2014-07-30 05:40:17 by Mcindus »

Sk-F

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2014-07-31 08:44:15 »
Hi! First of all, thank you so much for your work Mcindus. Keep it up!
I'm using the Spanish version and, just like the rest, some letters are changed whereas others aren't after applying the mod. However, what isn't changed at all is the menu background. It's obvious that it's received some love too in your mod, but is it an English-only change for now? How can we change it?

Cheers!

JeMaCheHi

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2014-07-31 18:31:44 »
Wow man, there's a lot of people using spanish version here xD Much more than I initially thought.