Author Topic: [FF7PC] NPC Reconstruction (Discontinued, use Unified Model Installer)  (Read 571358 times)

stormmedia

• View Profile
Re: [Release] NPC Reconstruction Project
« Reply #900 on: 2007-11-07 17:59:58 »
Hey there,

First post in a long time!

I just want to tell you Salk that your criticism doesn't hurt my feelings at all.  I mean, what kind of an artist would I be if I would start crying every times someone doesn't like my work.

Okey now into business.  There have been some change in my life and I don't really need to use 3ds max anymore.  To be honest I completely kicked 3d animation out of my future.  Don't worry however I won't kick the NPC RC out of my life as well.  Although I don't have much time for now, I will still work on some models from time to time.  Don't worry Salk, I will focus on the new models instead of improving the old ones.  However, that doesn't mean I won't work on improve some from time to time.  In fact,  the problem with the NPC right now is that since we became better at doing models, and Kimera improved as well, some new NPCs looks even better ingame than the main characters.  That's one of the many reasons that I wanted to redo the main characters.  But now that I don't need to improve my 3ds max skills anymore, I don't see any rush in doing this.  Later, when all the NPCs in the field will be done, I will start to improve them again.

Anyway, I might have some time soon to start doing models again so wish me luck :-D !!

Oh and, as you asked me Salk, here a link where you can see the last improvements on my new Cloud (improvements that I did like 3 or 4 months ago... maybe even more...)

See you.

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: 2007-11-07 22:14:57 »
Good to see you guys still kickin on with this, I've had my net cut off for the last month since I finished moving house, so thats why I haven't been around lately.

Salk

• View Profile
« Reply #902 on: 2007-11-09 05:44:19 »
Thanks, stormmedia! I had already seen the latest Cloud you pointed me to. My request was if it was possible to upload the newest Cloud of yours with the model that is included in version 0.6 of the NPC project so that people could see with their own eyes how the two models differ.

I wish you the best!  :wink:

dragonhead

• View Profile
« Reply #903 on: 2007-11-30 04:14:11 »
I got a problem after the thing worked for me I couldn't enter any more small places like Kalm,Chocobo Stables and so on I need help on this it worked on the world map cloud but I don't know how to fix the problem and I don't know what it looks like in normal places like midgar tower or Slums so any help will be greatly appreciated I did it the newbies tut on how to install but I cant enter normal areas says unable to load Akef??

dragonhead

• View Profile
« Reply #904 on: 2007-12-05 09:15:05 »
I noticed shera is taller than everyone even BARRET!!!

ice_cold513

• View Profile
« Reply #905 on: 2007-12-05 09:58:42 »
Yes she is but i fixed that it in the next one

Nasurin

• View Profile
« Reply #906 on: 2007-12-05 19:23:23 »
I'm having trouble installing this patch, my main FF directory is C:/Games/Final Fantasy VII so I used lgp tools to unpack the char.lgp file in that directories data folder and tried to point to the NPC RP.exe updater to that folder only to be told that there isn't filed to update in there, so I tried to create a dummy FF directory at C:/Program Files/Square Soft, Inc/Final Fantasy VII/data/field and unpacked the .lgp files to there but I get the same message that there aren't any files to update so could someone please help me out with this? Better yet add me on MSN [email protected] and send me the updated char.lgp please? Or if anyone has the updated file already uploaded somewhere could you link me? I mean without the patch program just the files itself so I could just replace the old files with them, that would be so much simpler.

Ok I messed up bigtime and now my FF actually failes to even load so I really need someone to give me a proper char.lgp file because mine is now 217 mb and I didnt (foolishly) make a backup of the old one.
« Last Edit: 2007-12-05 20:09:42 by Nasurin »

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #907 on: 2007-12-05 20:06:45 »
I had the same problem as you when I tried to use the patch.  I fixed the problem by telling the patch to browse just to my data folder (which was C:\Program Files\ Final Fantasy VII\data).  If I browsed to the "char" folder where I unzipped all the files it would give me the same kind of error.  If that doesn't work try browsing to other folders higher in the directory and it may work.
Also I think ice_cold513 and co. are getting ready to release version .7 of the NPC patch, so you may just want to wait a few more days for them to finish.

plandr

« Reply #908 on: 2007-12-14 07:53:26 »
Hi...

Okay so Vista wouldn't allow me to use the LGP program to properly repatck the the char LGP...

So I downloaded a torrent of the char.LGP that was modded, but when I plug it into the game this happens:

http://img513.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ff7yj7.jpg

^^^ Cloud is missing body parts, and Barret is also missing his torso.

I haven't gone any further in the game but I imagine this isn't isolated to just these two...

plandr

« Reply #909 on: 2007-12-14 10:20:43 »
ugh...

Okay when i reinstalled everything fresh and plugged in the char.lgp it worked but only for the main characters because its the reunion patch...

does anyone have a download of the char.lgp for the reconstruction patch? the lgp creator isn't working well with vista...

sword

• View Profile
« Reply #910 on: 2007-12-14 10:57:13 »
Well....
We can't really do that because uploading any .lgp file is illegal.

plandr

« Reply #911 on: 2007-12-14 12:26:34 »
* sigh.

Hopefully someone torrents it eventually then. I suppose I understand why the policy is in place but it doesn't make it any less frustrating. :)

my e-mail is [email protected] if anyone has any other ideas on what i can do and i forget about this topic. ^_^

having the playable characters with better models just makes me want the others even more... vista is just so frickin annoying. it pisses me off that ms forces it on the consumer by not selling xp cpu's anymore...
« Last Edit: 2007-12-14 12:29:01 by plandr »

DeepGreyIllusions

« Reply #912 on: 2007-12-15 03:20:12 »
Hi...

Okay so Vista wouldn't allow me to use the LGP program to properly repatck the the char LGP...

So I downloaded a torrent of the char.LGP that was modded, but when I plug it into the game this happens:

http://img513.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ff7yj7.jpg

^^^ Cloud is missing body parts, and Barret is also missing his torso.

I haven't gone any further in the game but I imagine this isn't isolated to just these two...

I had the same problem with repackaging.  When I try to after a while it says that there is a 'Stream Read Error', resulting in a file with a smaller size than the original char.lpg file.  Could someone provide some assistance or direction?

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #913 on: 2007-12-15 05:25:28 »
It probably won't work but maybe you should try running the program in a different compatibility mode?  I'm not very computer savvy, but I know doing so helps run older programs on XP.  If it doesn't work you can always buy XP and install it  :|

plandr

« Reply #914 on: 2007-12-15 09:38:30 »
I was hoping some1 would email it to me when i put my email addy but no such luck...

Bugenhagen

« Reply #915 on: 2007-12-25 12:02:25 »
Hey guys,

I've got a big problem. When I try to install the patch, it tells me:

[KLICK IMAGE TO ENLARGE]

"This program cannot update the installed version of MyProduct because of the following reason...

[Path]... data\minigame\chocobo.lgp: unknown version.

I am owner of the German version. Original its called GCHOCOBO.lgp so I renamed it to CHOCOBO.lgp but that didn't worked, so I tried the same with small letters => chocobo.lgp didn't work either.

The filesize of chocobo.lgp is 4.515 KB and it's the original file of the CD.

I'd love to use this patch, anybody know an answer for this problem? Maybe it would work, if someone would send me the us chocobo file?

I just bought it at ebay for a whole lot of money because I found this great patch and the Playstation version isn't able to patch.

I whould be so happy if you whould know an answer.

Thanks alot :)

Bugenhagen

P.S.: Same  problem on world_us.lgp file :(

P.P.S: Or maybe I have to copy all files with Ficedula's lgptools first? But where can I download it? There isn't any source available. Can anyone upload it for me? That would be great, thanks alot.
« Last Edit: 2007-12-25 12:16:01 by Bugenhagen »

Bugenhagen

« Reply #916 on: 2007-12-25 23:00:39 »
Could someone tell me how to import the files into Ficedula's lgptools? I don't get it. :(

Bugenhagen

Chrisu

• Simply there
    • View Profile
    • Christian's Programs
« Reply #917 on: 2007-12-25 23:14:07 »
The Patcher of NPC-RCP wont modify a German version of chocobo.lgp and the world lgp.
You have to rename or move them so that the patcher wont find them and you can at least have your char.lgp modified.

Bugenhagen

« Reply #918 on: 2007-12-27 23:38:20 »
The Patcher of NPC-RCP wont modify a German version of chocobo.lgp and the world lgp.
You have to rename or move them so that the patcher wont find them and you can at least have your char.lgp modified.

But what is the first step?

Do I have to run the installer first, or do I have to run Ficedula's lgptools first?

Because if I have to run the installer first, I tried all possibilities. I renamed the files ( => world_us.lgp and chocobo.lgp) but it didn't work. Then I tried what happens if I delete the files, then it tells me the files aren't found and there's no way to install the patch.

But after reading the readme, i got it like that:

Is it correct, that I have to run Ficedula's lgptools first and then I have to import the model files? But where I can get the modelfiles and THEN I have to run the installer so that Ficedula's lgptools will "patch" the world_us.lgp and the other files so that the have the correct size and the installer will find them correctly?

Mfg Bugenhagen
« Last Edit: 2007-12-27 23:40:01 by Bugenhagen »

supercool330

• View Profile
« Reply #919 on: 2007-12-29 15:29:37 »
Maybe I can help Bugenhagen.

- Go to http://www.ficedula.co.uk/ and download LGP Tools v1.60 and FiceLib v1.51a
(http://www.sylphds.net/f2k3/programs/lgptools/lgptools160.zip and http://www.sylphds.net/f2k3/programs/ficelib/ficelib151a.zip)
- Extract all the files from those two zips into one folder.
- Move your version of chocobo and world out of the data directory so they don't screw up the patcher
- Run "lgptools.exe"
- Click the "Open" button, navigate to your data\field directory and open char.lgp (or whatever the German file is called)
- Click "Extr. All", navigate to your data\field directory again and create a new folder named char in data\field\, select char and click "OK"
- After it is done extracting close LGP Tools
- Now run "NPC RP v0.6.exe"
- Run "lgptools.exe" again
- Click "Create" and press "OK" when the warning message comes up
- Again, navigate to data\field, select the char file and press "OK"
- Save the new lgp file as char2.lgp
- At this point it will appear that LGP Tools is frozen, it isn't, just wait a few minutes and it should finish creating the new lgp file.
- Check the size of the new char2.lgp file, the US one is 61,614,106 bytes and I'm guessing that the German one should be the same
- Rename the original "char.lgp" -> "char.lgp.bak" or something and rename "char2.lgp" -> "char.lgp", delete the char directory and put chocobo and world back in their proper places

The next time you start the game you should see the high res models. Hope it works for you.

On a side note, when is the new version going to be released? I noticed ice_cold513 said 4 weeks like 2 months ago so I was just wondering what was up.  If I could get the test version I would love to help debug, I was just looking to play through the game again and using all high res models would be awesome.

One more question, how do I turn blinking off? I don't think it adds anything to the game, especially since the models bug out when they blink.  Thanks in advance for any help =)
« Last Edit: 2007-12-29 17:25:52 by supercool330 »

Bugenhagen

« Reply #920 on: 2007-12-29 17:17:48 »
Hey supercool330,

thank you very much, that was the information I needed to know. I'll have a try, when I am back home.

Best regards,

Bugenhagen

Tsetra

• View Profile
« Reply #921 on: 2007-12-29 22:27:48 »
Hey NPCRP team. I recall you guys saying a long time ago now that version 0.7 was getting ready to come out, and you had found beta testers for it in another topic. I realize it's the holidays so these things take a back seat to social life, but the long delay was just having me wonder if you guys ran into a massive snag or something during testing.

ice_cold513

• View Profile
« Reply #922 on: 2007-12-30 10:24:12 »
Nope it ready to come-out

The testers did have some bug's but we fixed them.
I'm just waiting till the new year

supercool330

• View Profile
« Reply #923 on: 2008-01-02 01:28:32 »
Happy new years everybody, hopefully we will see that new patch coming along soon  ; )

My question is how do I turn off blinking? (if it isn't already incorporated in the new patch)  I know I asked this like 3 posts ago but I have figured part of it out since then.
From what I have read on the Wiki it is a simple matter of changing the BLINK opcodes from 1 to 0.  I downloaded meteor in an attempt to do this, but I have no idea where the entries that need to be changed are (well I know that they are in the character scripts but I don't know which level files).  If someone could give me some advise or point me in the right direction that would be great.  I am familiar with programing and such but I am new to FFVII modding so suggestions in the form that a n00b could understand would be great.  If there is no other way than going through all the level files by hand and looking for the correct opcode in the character scripts than so be it, but if there is an easier way that would be great.  Thanks in advanced for any help.
« Last Edit: 2008-01-02 01:32:37 by supercool330 »

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #924 on: 2008-01-02 10:45:40 »
I didn't know about that way, but you can keep a character from blinking by adding one small model at the beging of the RSD files list for the head bone (in it's HRC file).