Author Topic: Final Fantasy VII Remix - A compilation of FF7 Mods [1.0-2.5.1]  (Read 1244816 times)

Colonel Ramsay

• View Profile
You may add my project to this at any time :)  Although of course I will be updating it every so often.

vendetta

Hello titeguy3 I want to download this patcher but my internet connection is very2 slow and is taking me 21 hrs to download it and maybe some others as well... could u make a new download section where people can download it by parts? I mean like Part 1, Part 2, Part 3... etc. so that we can continue our download with ease...

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile

Hey all, I love all the work you've put into this. It's truly inspirational, amazing, and everything people had been looking for from Square pulling the rug under us with the extortion of YES-NO remakes of FF7 itself.

On that note, I am having a universal n00b problem, which many have ran into I've RAN numerous ISO's through daemon tools disc 1, 2, and 3 and AM still having the error window pop up.

Errrmm.. can someone PM me... a cough cough* usable ISO so I can finally manage to run this properly. Here are some current Screen shots.

http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/686/savev.png

Thanks again... errr.. sorry for trouble.

Hey, it's not hard to make ISO's from the original game discs, you should try that. BTW you might wanna check your registry to make sure that the game is looking for the game discs in the right drive. The drive you should have your game discs in should be the same as the drive you installed the game using.

Nightmarish

• owari da
    • View Profile
So...
I've made a video on Materia Keeper based on this patch to show how bosses in original game lack some challenge (as seen on speed runs, this boss is do-able with chars level 15). Anyway i've did 3 runs on the boss in the video, one of them with Cloud as support only and other with Cloud as support and without using limit breaks. I even stalled a bit in the last try but the boss wasn't able to take more than 1/6 from my hp.

Anyway:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDIShoRNMCc

So titeguy3, hopefully you'll add some difficulty mod in this patch (possible as a side option?)  :b

Prince Lex

• Opinionfact is Redundancy
    • View Profile
So...
I've made a video on Materia Keeper based on this patch to show how bosses in original game lack some challenge (as seen on speed runs, this boss is do-able with chars level 15). Anyway i've did 3 runs on the boss in the video, one of them with Cloud as support only and other with Cloud as support and without using limit breaks. I even stalled a bit in the last try but the boss wasn't able to take more than 1/6 from my hp.

Anyway:

So titeguy3, hopefully you'll add some difficulty mod in this patch (possible as a side option?)  :b

On a "normal" play-through (and by that I mean one that doesn't involve levelling up using the Junon trick) your characters would be about a quarter as powerful as you have them in that video.

Having said that, there's gjoerulev's hardcore patch and rebalance patches you can use if you feel the game is too easy. There's no way you only fought a couple of extra fights before that point in the game. From my experience, your characters are overlevelled in this video. If I spend about 3 hours in Junon during a normal play-through, with HP Plus, my characters have max 3000HP by this point in the game.

And I like the song you use in your video ^_^

eXistenZe

• View Profile
Hum...
2.6?

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
So...

Anyway:

er...start...all programs...final fantasy VII..."Final Fantasy VII Hardcore Mode". I'm sure you'll find it more challenging.

C1oudslimit

Whats the best way to check the registry? because it sais its reading from drive- Disc:G, which is the same.

Can someone PM me a link to a correct ISO because I have the actual CD's at home not at college. ;-/ besides rom versions of course :)

Prince Lex

• View Profile

Whats the best way to check the registry? because it sais its reading from drive- Disc:G, which is the same.

Can someone PM me a link to a correct ISO because I have the actual CD's at home not at college. ;-/ besides rom versions of course :)

*facepalm*. Read the rules.

Nightmarish

• owari da
    • View Profile
So...

Anyway:

So titeguy3, hopefully you'll add some difficulty mod in this patch (possible as a side option?)  :b

On a "normal" play-through (and by that I mean one that doesn't involve levelling up using the Junon trick) your characters would be about a quarter as powerful as you have them in that video.

Having said that, there's gjoerulev's hardcore patch and rebalance patches you can use if you feel the game is too easy. There's no way you only fought a couple of extra fights before that point in the game. From my experience, your characters are overlevelled in this video. If I spend about 3 hours in Junon during a normal play-through, with HP Plus, my characters have max 3000HP by this point in the game.

And I like the song you use in your video ^_^

It was 100 battles *tops* in Junon.
I was like doing 1 level per 4 battles, maybe it's just me but i felt it pretty much normal. Guess it's a side effect of playing MMORPGs D:

Music is: "Mt Eden - Sierra Leone"
I used "Dead By Sunrise - Inside of Me", would fit better imo, but got copyright problems.

er...start...all programs...final fantasy VII..."Final Fantasy VII Hardcore Mode". I'm sure you'll find it more challenging.

Oh lol, didnt see that.
Can i use my save from normal mode there?

Prince Lex

• View Profile
You can use your save from normal mode yeah, but again, the idea behind the patch is that you just have to work a little bit harder to get everything you want, to make the game a bit more challenging, not ridiculously challenging. If you use that save, you'll still be overlevelled because you fought 100 fights in Junon and the patch changes things like enemy stats, exp gained etc.

The point of the patch is to make you fight a few extra fights here and there to get by, and to make you actually use some strategy to defeat bosses etc. Powerelevelling is not the answer! lol. Think about it, no matter how hard the game is or the enemies are, if you're doing 100 fights in Junon you're still going to get an easy ride through a major chunk of the game. +4000HP on Disc1? Come on!

Nightmarish

• owari da
    • View Profile
I spoiled the game by doing a perfect run :(

EDIT:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVQWE1JWuo4

How do i get a transparent menu and limit break+atb bars together?
« Last Edit: 2010-04-18 09:11:52 by Nightmarish »

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
I spoiled the game by doing a perfect run :(

EDIT:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVQWE1JWuo4

How do i get a transparent menu and limit break+atb bars together?

Transparent battle menu is a result of me experimenting with getting the latest version of Aali's driver to run with no problems, which is proving quite difficult.

The limit break+ATB bars combined is a side-affect of the 9999 damage/hp cap removal, which is already included in the hardcore mode option, but not in the normal mode version since that'd make it too easy.

BTW, if you're gonna beat the game on my normal (remastered) mode, you should upload a video of yourself beating sepher sephiroth.

Nightmarish

• owari da
    • View Profile
Might take a while but i'll get there. At the moment i'm in about to go to ancient temple @lvl57 (on Cloud) but am trying to get Omnislash, but i'm having some problems. First time i gone there with 150gp and ended up with only 48000bp (omnislash is 51200 now) which was kinda fail. Now i'll try with 250gp since there are many mobs that can insta eject me.

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
Might take a while but i'll get there. At the moment i'm in about to go to ancient temple @lvl57 (on Cloud) but am trying to get Omnislash, but i'm having some problems. First time i gone there with 150gp and ended up with only 48000bp (omnislash is 51200 now) which was kinda fail. Now i'll try with 250gp since there are many mobs that can insta eject me.

Trick is to try to get the "All materia broken". That gives you the most BP.

Loki_

• View Profile
First thing really thanks for this amazing project  ;) ;)

I'd like to ask one thing, is possible have also an Italian traslation?

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
First thing really thanks for this amazing project  ;) ;)

I'd like to ask one thing, is possible have also an Italian traslation?

Not currently, but if you'd be so kind as to find me an Italian ff7.exe 1.02 and give me the names of all the files in the data folder, I can implement it into the next version.

Kranmer

• View Profile
titeguy3 i think i have managed to find the errors from
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=9689.0
and created a patch that can fix the problem. but i wont release it unless you will let me (since its your patch you may want to make your own fix)

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
titeguy3 i think i have managed to find the errors from
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=9689.0
and created a patch that can fix the problem. but i wont release it unless you will let me (since its your patch you may want to make your own fix)
hm. What did you do, replace the tifa and aerith files with the ones from the stock battle.lgp? If so, it should be a trivial fix, but feel free to upload it and post it on that thread. I really need to get around to fixing all the models and textures that Aali's driver flags as "slow" or "glitchy" at some point, but that's a pretty tedious task...

Kranmer

• View Profile
thanks for permission. And yes basicly all i did was replace rvaa and i think it was ruaa which are both corrupted by 1 byte and that fixed that problem. then i replaced the missing file in world_us.lgp and that fixed the next problem. Then i used the script that both me and Dan created to autodetect your ff7 folder on both 32bit and 64bit then made a patch that would backup your files then patch them and then if you remove the fix via the uninstaller it will put your original 2.5.1 files back.
thats all i have patched since that was all that was asked about. but i should warn you, when i was going through your battle.lgp there are a few 0 byte files you may want to fix for your next version.
Also will you be adding Dan's retranslation project to 2.5.2 ?
« Last Edit: 2010-04-19 14:59:29 by kranmer »

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
thanks for permission. And yes basicly all i did was replace rvaa and i think it was ruaa which are both corrupted by 1 byte and that fixed that problem. then i replaced the missing file in world_us.lgp and that fixed the next problem. Then i used the script that both me and Dan created to autodetect your ff7 folder on both 32bit and 64bit then made a patch that would backup your files then patch them and then if you remove the fix via the uninstaller it will put your original 2.5.1 files back.
thats all i have patched since that was all that was asked about. but i should warn you, when i was going through your battle.lgp there are a few 0 byte files you may want to fix for your next version.
Also will you be adding Dan's retranslation project to 2.5.2 ?
Hm, I'll look through the archives and see what files are 0kb... I feel like there has to be some good explanation as to how I've had this release available for such a long time and this is the first I've heard of people having trouble with 0kb models...

Regarding the re-translation project, honestly, I'd prefer to wait until it's finished as it's my impression that flevel.lgp still hasn't been touched (correct me if I'm wrong), but I suppose if there's demand for it, I'll go ahead and incorporate it as an option into a future release. I've already nearly completed v2.6, so I'd rather not have to worry about changing it up, but I'll ponder it's implementation into 2.6.1.
« Last Edit: 2010-04-19 18:08:28 by titeguy3 »

Helmic

I have a quick question - I want to modify the batch file you have running so that I can play FFVII through Steam.  You use /wait, but simply swapping out ff7.exe with Steam.exe -gameidlaunch RANDOMNUMBERS will cause FF7Music to close immediately after Steam starts up ff7.exe.  Is there a way to wait for the process tree to end, or am I SOL?

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
I have a quick question - I want to modify the batch file you have running so that I can play FFVII through Steam.  You use /wait, but simply swapping out ff7.exe with Steam.exe -gameidlaunch RANDOMNUMBERS will cause FF7Music to close immediately after Steam starts up ff7.exe.  Is there a way to wait for the process tree to end, or am I SOL?

If you preface your exe calls with "START", it'll run the executable, then immediately continue processing operations without waiting for it to end.

I hope that answers your question.

Helmic

I have a quick question - I want to modify the batch file you have running so that I can play FFVII through Steam.  You use /wait, but simply swapping out ff7.exe with Steam.exe -gameidlaunch RANDOMNUMBERS will cause FF7Music to close immediately after Steam starts up ff7.exe.  Is there a way to wait for the process tree to end, or am I SOL?

If you preface your exe calls with "START", it'll run the executable, then immediately continue processing operations without waiting for it to end.

Not quite, I'm not really all that familiar with batch files.  I want the batch file to wait until ff7.exe is closed to close FF7Music, but since I'm running ff7.exe through Steam I can't use your method, "start /wait ff7.exe".  I tried simply replacing it with "start /wait Steam.exe -gameidlaunch 13360084996509925376" but then it only waits for Steam to complete that command, rather than waiting for ff7.exe to terminate.  From what I understand, I can't just use /wait by itself, it's a part of the Start command.  Is there a way to wait on a process that I haven't called in the batch?

Maybe I should rephrase.  Is there a way to check if a process is running?
« Last Edit: 2010-04-19 20:53:25 by Helmic »

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
I have a quick question - I want to modify the batch file you have running so that I can play FFVII through Steam.  You use /wait, but simply swapping out ff7.exe with Steam.exe -gameidlaunch RANDOMNUMBERS will cause FF7Music to close immediately after Steam starts up ff7.exe.  Is there a way to wait for the process tree to end, or am I SOL?

Not quite, I'm not really all that familiar with batch files.  I want the batch file to wait until ff7.exe is closed to close FF7Music, but since I'm running ff7.exe through Steam I can't use your method, "start /wait ff7.exe".  I tried simply replacing it with "start /wait Steam.exe -gameidlaunch 13360084996509925376" but then it only waits for Steam to complete that command, rather than waiting for ff7.exe to terminate.  From what I understand, I can't just use /wait by itself, it's a part of the Start command.  Is there a way to wait on a process that I haven't called in the batch?

Maybe I should rephrase.  Is there a way to check if a process is running?

I see what you're trying to do now...

A batch file can only do one thing at a time, it's like a console window with a bunch of commands already queued in, it executes one program, then when that program returns, it goes on to it's next instruction, the only way it can execute something *without* waiting for it to end is if you use the "Start" command, which essentially opens a new console behind the scenes and executes the program using that. Calling "Start /wait ff7.exe" is essentially the same as calling "ff7.exe".

So basically, the batch file isn't checking to see if the process is still running, it's actually running the process itself, and it can't continue until it finishes, but when you call "Steam.exe -[a bunch of numbers]", the batch file isn't running ff7.exe, it's running steam.exe, and it'll continue when steam.exe returns, which apparently is right away. That being said, I don't believe Windows has any command line functions that check to see if a program is running, then halt execution until the program terminates. If there was a way to do it, it'd have to be through some setting in Steam, since steam.exe is the only application that would get some kind of notification when ff7.exe closes.