Author Topic: FF7 field model Untextured - WHY?  (Read 2716 times)

metastigmat

• View Profile
FF7 field model Untextured - WHY?
« on: 2011-02-12 05:52:52 »
Today is my first experience with modding field model...It's not simple for me cuz I know just a little about 3d models)))...everything was fine but after i complete everything & replace old model & launch ff7 cloud become white (untextured)...in kimera all was normal...why that happens?

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
Re: FF7 field model Untextured - WHY?
« Reply #1 on: 2011-02-12 12:43:31 »
from my understanding (limited when it comes to modeling) you need to replace the texture files as well as paint the new texture on the model , im not sure what formats work but you can now do the texture part (if using aalis video driver) in the "textures" folder the driver useds it saves you from packing the texture in to the lgp archives. but you will also need to clear the cache where the textures are stored both folders can be found in the ff7 install path. if you turn on warnings i think the driver will tell you something liek "WARNING: missing texture <name>". if name your texture <name> and put it in the texture/FieldArt folder it should work. (sub folders depend on what lgp the file cames from)

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011-02-12 15:23:39 »
The next person who makes a thread in Tech Related and it doesn't belong there will be severely warned.  Tech Related is for discovering NEW things about the GAME ENGINE.  MOVED

metastigmat

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011-02-12 18:20:07 »
sorry)...I'm guilty...bad English

frivol

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011-02-21 22:27:21 »
Hi, If I uderstood properly what you said, I was having the same problem some days ago, and it seems the problem was related to something that Kimera 0.95b (the latest version of kimera) does to your rsd files (at least to me). This version of Kimera seems to delete a kind of identification code that is in the rsd files of the model you are working on. All you have to do is to copy/paste that code in the rsd files and then you will see your character properly textured in game, otherwise all what you will see is an untextured white character.

In the following example you will see what I´m talking about:

When you open a .rsd file with notebook you see something like this:

@RSD940102
PLY=EJDE.PLY
MAT=EJDE.MAT
GRP=EJDE.GRP
NTEX=1
TEX[0]=EJFC.TIM

- If I´m right, the code (in red) is missing in your .rsd files, and you will see a blank space on the first line, so all you have to do is to copy the code "@RSD940102" (it is always the same for all the rsd files) and paste it in every .rsd file of the model you are getting the problem, of course you have to save the edited rsd file or it won´t work lol.

P.S.: Kimera 0.95b is the best version to do things like rotate, resize and reposition parts among other things, but the 0.93 is in my opinion a more stable version and will never delete the identification code in your rsd files, also it won´t let you open the HRC skeleton file if its rsd files have not their identification codes in. So I use both versions, but I use 0.93 most of the time to avoid the rsd problem. You should check out your rsd files every time you use 0.95b version of Kimera.
« Last Edit: 2011-02-21 22:29:56 by frivol »