nope
« on: 2013-03-18 06:35:25 »
no longer part of qhimm
« Last Edit: 2020-09-05 22:41:20 by ProtomanZxAdvent »

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
Re: ProtoX's Spell And Item Name Patch [WIP]
« Reply #1 on: 2013-03-26 15:42:08 »
I dunno the over all goal of your project, But i do know that it's Blizzard, Blizzara, Blizzaga, Thunder (which makes no sense since thunder is the sound and lightening is what is actually shown..) Thundera, Thundega (could be thundara/thundaga, I just don't recall) if if you're going for cannon.

If you're trying to make sense out of spells that make zero sense, then you'd want bolt bolra and bolga, as they always omit the last letter it seems in spells. Just my two cents.

ProtoX

Re:[REL] ProtoX's Spell And Item Name Patch
« Reply #2 on: 2013-03-26 20:57:00 »
First Post Updated For Details And Release
« Last Edit: 2013-03-26 21:14:03 by ProtoX »

ProtoX

Re: [REL] ProtoX's Spell And Item Name Patch
« Reply #3 on: 2013-04-06 06:18:25 »
First post updated again

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2013-04-07 23:29:01 »
How about Mega Cure instead of Full Cure?

ProtoX

« Reply #5 on: 2013-04-08 00:13:38 »
How about Mega Cure instead of Full Cure?

not gonna happen Full Cure always restores hp to max to a single target (aka same effect as X-Potion). Id rather Be X-Cure. in recent final fantasy 13-2 the letter "X" used in battle paragram shifts by focusing on a single target. Therefore, X-Cure would be the better name

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2013-04-08 10:43:12 »
Yeah X-Cure is even better. Anyway I'd changed the the cure effect to the full group in the  past, but it had crashed my game after using the spell (this was on a very low end machine with an on board graphic, but for more compatibility I changed it back and added only a regen effect in my mod). So next question. Do you change the description what a spell does, too? Like 'Attack with a weak fire spell' for Fire and 'Attack with a strong fire spell' for Firaga.

ProtoX

« Reply #7 on: 2013-04-08 13:39:30 »
Yeah X-Cure is even better. Anyway I'd changed the the cure effect to the full group in the  past, but it had crashed my game after using the spell (this was on a very low end machine with an on board graphic, but for more compatibility I changed it back and added only a regen effect in my mod). So next question. Do you change the description what a spell does, too? Like 'Attack with a weak fire spell' for Fire and 'Attack with a strong fire spell' for Firaga.

why would I change the info in the description when its already obvious its a more powerful attack.

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2013-04-08 14:53:38 »

why would I change the info in the description when its already obvious its a more powerful attack.

It's true that is completely unnecessary. But it is some kind of an extra visual feedback, may be some kind of extra love.
I had done it in German, even with the knowledge that only two or three percent would read it, but I hope those who read it will think ''Nice, he even think on that.''.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2013-04-08 16:56:40 »
I did consider doing that for translation project, but it wasn't really my job to improve the game with it.,  The 4 levels I had was Minor (Fire), Medium (Fira), Major (Firaga) and Extreme (Flare)
« Last Edit: 2013-04-08 17:11:11 by DLPB »

« Reply #10 on: 2013-11-22 07:06:51 »
Tried the patch for the Steam version, didn't work.

ProtoX

« Reply #11 on: 2013-11-22 15:07:08 »
Tried the patch for the Steam version, didn't work.

for the steam verson did you put it in the data\lang-en\kernel\

ProtoX

Re: [REL] ProtoX's Spell And Item Name Patch Final
« Reply #12 on: 2014-04-10 14:59:23 »
Sorry if I'm bumping my own topic but I have made one last change and this my final release. See the first post for the info.
please note that I had to test this on both steam and the 1998 verson with DLPB's mod and now can confirm it works with his new update as well as steam verson