Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods and Modding Framework-The Reunion [R06f]  (Read 3008029 times)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods - The Reunion (R05c)
« Reply #4175 on: 2018-07-10 00:31:30 »
The original PSX game had buttons.  This is absolutely no different.  They've been restored,  not added back where they weren't.  I'm not sure what point you are making?

The break 9999HP mod was and is ridiculous.  It is an addition that wasn't there originally - is limited to 32767 HP, which is again a silly number - and does absolutely NOTHING in terms of adding to game play. What it does do is break games - mean a LOAD more work for me and everyone else.  Honestly, decent modders should be steering clear of it.

The only reason I initially added the mod is because I was naive and because I felt compelled to do so, since aali's driver was wrecking the GUI when the option was on.  Since I am now making a totally optional and self enclosed set of mods (with my own update to Aali's dll) - I am doing it my way.

The progress here at Qhimm's is slow enough as it is without adding these needless dog and pony shows to all the mods - further creating confusion and breaking compatibility and leading, in the end, to less quality mods and more half finished gimmicks.

And that's precisely what R06 is setting out to change.

I made up my mind with this a long time ago.  There is no way I am spending months and months adding compatibility for useless additions that end up causing more problems than they fix. We need to move away from that - and start creating quality mods that actually get finished.
« Last Edit: 2018-07-10 00:41:43 by DLPB »

Mako

• View Profile
« Reply #4176 on: 2018-07-10 00:49:07 »
It is an addition that wasn't there originally
You admit that this can't really be a talking point right? It's pretty self evident why this logic is flawed.

I'm not sure what point you are making?
Well ya' seemed to get my point and come up with a counter argument didn't cha? Couldn't have been that hard. :P

is limited to 32767 HP, which is again a limit and a silly number
Hey I like that number, and this is going to sound crazy but 32767 HP is greater then 9,999. If your counter argument is "it's still a limit" it's less so, soo yeah.

and does absolutely NOTHING in terms of adding to game play
Anybody ever tell you use the word absolutely to much? It adds the ability to properly see the enemy's HP, not just "out there in the ether" until it hits 9,998. I'd say that's one thing. I'f you'd like more I can surely provide.

mean a LOAD more work for me and everyone else.
When you say load, do you mean hardly any work at all? Aside from a very select few (three by my count) through an entire play through it seems to work just fine. In fact it's so little work I'm surprised your still taking this stance. In comparison I could literally fly to everyone's house that downloaded this mod and set it up for them by the time R06 probably gets here. Not a knock on you, by all means take your time. But someone with your skill could even get it done faster.

Honestly, decent modders should be steering clear of it.   
Been using it I believe for the better part of a decade. At least it feels that way. I'll take your recommendation with a grain of salt, same ol' glass half empty Dan. :P
« Last Edit: 2018-07-10 00:52:30 by Mako »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4177 on: 2018-07-10 00:58:57 »
You need to stop bringing this up every 2 or 3 months in the vain hope that I will have some sort of change of heart. The break 9999hp mod breaks other mods. It cripples battle formulas that are meant for one type of mod.  And it means me having to mess around assigning different GUI values to various changes I've made.  If X then move this to Z.  If Y move this part to Q.  I am not messing about like that anymore.

And 9999 break HP mod does indeed add nothing to gameplay. It's a number.  You can achieve the same effect by scaling stats by a factor of 10 in the other direction and then adjusting.  Breath of Fire III did this perfectly.  In fact, there isn't even one single mod out there that utilizes the Break 9999 HP even remotely competently.  Only New Threat comes close at the moment to any kind of decent game play changer.

Rather than keep flogging a dead horse, spend your time creating a self contained mod.  You'll feel a lot better than this futile endeavour.

Dan

Additionally, I think modders should add in checks for 9999 break HP mods and cause a game over if it's active.  I will, of course, be doing with with my own Weapon mod.
« Last Edit: 2018-07-10 01:03:01 by DLPB »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4178 on: 2018-07-10 01:06:21 »
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=13696.msg191988#msg191988

For your perusal.

Hey I like that number, and this is going to sound crazy but 32767 HP is greater then 9,999. If your counter argument is "it's still a limit" it's less so, soo yeah.

Yeah, you might want to give up the trolling.  You're not good at it. That's the last response you'll ever get from me, so enjoy!  :-D
« Last Edit: 2018-07-10 01:20:09 by DLPB »

Mako

• View Profile
« Reply #4179 on: 2018-07-10 01:21:29 »
You need to stop bringing this up every 2 or 3 months
Dan what am I going to do with your extreme exaggerations we need to have the talk, look at my posts, none of that is true in the slightest. I do bring it up, but if had to put a words on it, it qualify as "hardly in a lifetime". Or once every half decade.

The break 9999hp mod breaks other mods.
As you have pointed out, there aren't really any mods, and those that are left it wouldn't break, you did point to the one mod it could, but as you said it tried (and does a great job) to incorporate it. My last updated mod release other then R05 (technically that doesn't count) was 2015... that's not progress. I could put money on most users barely have 5~6 mods at most. Out of those mods what would the limit break actually break? None actually I have them installed myself. Let me put it plainly, it has never once "broke" any mod, nor would it ever. If you did manage to somehow find a mod that did (I doubt that you could) it could easily be adapted with the helpful tools you provided good sir.

9999 HP even remotely competently.
How could it be used incompetently? It have to literally break the game for that to be true. I find it works just fine, and BoF is a great example (IV) anyway. If you like a complete list PM me I'm always open.

I have already told you I enjoy the best of both worlds, you went all Dan mode on my opinions and started spouting off nonsense. I meant what I said, it requires no effort at all. You could probably finish before typing your next bash post on SE. Literally requires no effort at all. I was just still surprised you thought that way. Dan... always soooo happy.

Level 99 break is not what I seek, nor do I recommend that ether. There is a very big difference between adding stuff, and displaying what is already there... on second thought it wouldn't be half bad, Star Ocean did it I believe hmm...

Lilpuddy31

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4180 on: 2018-07-10 11:18:26 »
I just love it when someone comes in here trying to tell Dan what to do HIS MOD. :-\

Halo, just move on dude, stop being an asshole

Mako

• View Profile
« Reply #4181 on: 2018-07-10 14:29:25 »
I just love it when someone comes in here trying to tell Dan what to do HIS MOD. :-\

Halo, just move on dude, stop being an apricothole
Cheerleaders really push my buttons. If your reading comprehension skills were good enough you would see that never once have I ever tell Dan what to do with his mod, I quite specifically said I enjoy the best of both worlds, I need him to do absolutely nothing. Nor do I particularly want Dan to do anything. Well release R06 preferably before the remake comes out, but that 's it. I shared my opinion and surprise on his stubborn stance, it is a forum after all, then wished him all the best.

Learn to read before insulting someone. It's very helpful. But judging from you grammatical skills, and your contributions thus far, that is a loooong time off.

EDIT: Out of curiosity I find it highly suspect that someone would only create an account to pop-in every so often to support Dan, not to mention is on a first. Not only that you log in don't look around and just come right in here. You've been here three years and you only chime in to support Dan stance on specifically the menu overhaul. Ether your A) A die hard fanboy of Dan or B) A duplicate account Dan has created. My vote is on B.
« Last Edit: 2018-07-10 14:58:35 by Mako »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods - The Reunion (R04c)
« Reply #4182 on: 2018-07-10 17:44:47 »
The final word was given by DLPB himself earlier, and he says that it is staying as is.  Why do people insist on still bringing it back up?!?

Still relevant.

NorgerLegacy

• View Profile
« Reply #4183 on: 2018-07-12 15:58:08 »
Im a newb when it comes to modding FF7 even though i played it the day it came out for psx in the USA. I have modded other games from steam by making a copied folder of the game and putting in the mods. so what i want to know is i tried that with ff7. ran the r05c  the reunion.exe and it updated that folder but i dont see the mods working. other than running that exe file am i missing a step or do i have no choice but to do it to the steam folder location. i have gotten graphical improvements done but used a drag and drop method into data folder. Is there something similar for translations?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4184 on: 2018-07-12 19:20:04 »
I'm not sure how to configure it to your own spec - it's designed to be installed on default file locations and be automatic.

Kuraudo.

• SOLDIER
  • Maktub
    • View Profile
    • Behemoth Productions
« Reply #4185 on: 2018-07-13 12:20:47 »
Thanks DLPB for the answer.

Btw I read about a patch that modifies as transparent the dialog box, so if in case i'll do that.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4186 on: 2018-07-13 15:42:56 »
That's part of an option with R06 now - and part of aali's driver originally.

Kuraudo.

• SOLDIER
  • Maktub
    • View Profile
    • Behemoth Productions
« Reply #4187 on: 2018-07-13 22:54:24 »
That's great then, more excited than before!!

Any other sneak peek from R06 as restored dialogue?

Keep up the excellent work!

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4189 on: 2018-07-16 20:49:49 »
So what's left:

1. JWP is trying to compile FFmpeg to work with aali's original source.  Has managed to get video working. Not audio as of yet.
2. 3rd party bloated awful config file to be replaced by a better one.  In Luksy's absence, hopefully JWP can help.  I've managed it.
3. Update to the latest proof progress by Charlie Beer
4. Rewrite Red XIII dialogue so that it's real Nanaki from Cosmo onwards
5. Bug: Chocobo Racer models do not exist at the races. Problem in Aali's dll when compiled with VScode.
6. Bug: Death sentence timer not visible.  I've buggered something up.
7. One or two other bugs I'd like to clear.
8. Camera is broken with 4x cut and a victory celebration with 60fps mode (NFITC1 can hopefully fix)
9. Installer update (me)
10.  Redoing about 10-15 sfx sounds (me)
11. Massive testing with various options (me)

But this should be released no later than Sep 16. 2 months or less and we should finally have something.

« Last Edit: 2018-07-23 01:00:36 by DLPB »

Kuraudo.

• SOLDIER
  • Maktub
    • View Profile
    • Behemoth Productions
« Reply #4190 on: 2018-07-17 22:12:26 »
Great news on Nanaki, another detail added on this masterpiece.

I was reading the first page, what specifically is Audio Replacement? Is it done?

99 1:35 soldiers will be implemented in R06 or 7?

Thanks for the updates!

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4191 on: 2018-07-17 22:34:51 »
Audio replacement is done and as the name suggests the entire audio module has been changed so that effects and music use my code.  And all effects have been recorded from psx.

99 1:35 will be R07.

[email protected]

• View Profile
« Reply #4192 on: 2018-07-18 16:09:47 »
« Last Edit: 2019-05-06 12:14:20 by Cicciolo »

NotHere

• View Profile
« Reply #4193 on: 2018-07-18 17:40:02 »
Great news on the release date. Looking forward to it!

crippknottick

• View Profile
« Reply #4194 on: 2018-07-19 16:19:22 »
Is there any chance to have the PSX icons as a separate stand-alone mod?

Please? Pretty Please? With a cherry on top?

I'll buy you a game on Steam for your efforts. :D
« Last Edit: 2018-07-19 16:30:58 by crippknottick »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4195 on: 2018-07-19 23:35:55 »
The PSX icons are there as part the default - so are not standalone.

But there is nothing stopping you from using your own png file or editing the texture file.  Former is prob easier.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #4196 on: 2018-07-20 01:30:03 »
Victory animations should be fine.  As far as I am aware they are within the **da file and have been interpolated.   I'm not sure what animations are used for 4xcut, but I would think they too would be in the da file, I don't remember seeing any animations files in magic.lgp besides the limit breaks.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4197 on: 2018-07-20 01:35:49 »
This is a camera thing -  NFITC1 should be able to work out which parts are missing.

benserwa

• View Profile
« Reply #4198 on: 2018-07-24 19:17:23 »
The torrent seems to not be working.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4199 on: 2018-07-28 17:26:34 »
I was going to redo the credit screen... already made a lot of headway.  But speaking to Klitlika on Discord...

A better idea will be to remove the sucker entirely and overlay a new FMV recorded from PSX.