Author Topic: [FF7] Tutorial for Bootleg - Tifa's Bootleg  (Read 2430146 times)

Zara8

• View Profile
Re: [Tutorial] Tifa's Bootleg
« Reply #1850 on: 2013-12-24 08:57:00 »
Hey

I need some help please

the menu noise does not work for me when i used this tifa bootleg mod

i installed everything right

so how can i fix this problem then

Zara8

• View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: 2013-12-24 11:34:36 »
I Have autism and OCD

i do not know how to work mods at all okay

it was my first time trying to get this mod to work 100% right

and now its making me very anxious that this mod is breaking down on me alot now

so can someone help me with this mod please

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: 2013-12-24 16:16:43 »
Patience, man. We aren't on 24/7, there won't always be someone who can help at any given time. Maybe wait a day or two instead of three hours to post again.

Also, did you seriously need to report your own post just to continue to ask for help?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #1853 on: 2013-12-24 17:29:07 »
Hey

I need some help please

the menu noise does not work for me when i used this tifa bootleg mod

i installed everything right

so how can i fix this problem then

Did you check "New SoundFX" when you ran Bootleg?

P.S. Sleep is good. Wait for me to wake up next time before spamming my PM box  ;)

Zara8

• View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: 2013-12-24 17:41:03 »
Hey

Yes i did

but after i install the .exe files

the .exe files always stays in red in the mod listing page on the bootleg program

thanks
« Last Edit: 2013-12-24 18:43:48 by bobby678 »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: 2013-12-24 18:46:37 »
Hey

Yes i did

but after i install the .exe files

the .exe files always stays in red in the mod listing page on the bootleg program

thanks

You installed .exe files before running Bootleg? Which ones did you install?

Zara8

• View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: 2013-12-24 19:06:03 »
Hey

when i installed FMVRes.exe

and ff7music_install_15112.exe, it did not turn green on the bootleg page at all

and when i try to install the ff7 menu overhaul it said

can not open file h:\FF7\SteamApps\common\final fantasy VII\dlpb\ff7.exe

thanks
« Last Edit: 2013-12-24 19:25:04 by bobby678 »

Zara8

• View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: 2013-12-24 20:17:23 »
I need help with this mod please

zorrodood

• View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: 2013-12-24 21:05:52 »
does anybody know about a zack mod, which replaces cloud or cait or any other mod which includes zack? i've seen one somewhere, but i think it wasn't supported anymore and the link was dead.

Tifatree

• Wingardium Ultima!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: 2013-12-25 13:30:10 »
New PC I thought it time to give this majorly magnificent modification of FF7 a second shot. I'm stuck before I can even start playing though! Help would be mucho appreciated :) Given my luck with these things this probably won't be the first obstacle..

-Did a clean install of an old copy of FF7 to a non-system folder. (c:\desktop\games\final fantasy vii)
-Downloaded BFE and 'Tifa's Package [Bootleg040 mods]'
-Made sure the bootleg program pointed to the correct places for installing and retrieving files.
-Ran bootleg, everything installed that was supposed to. I saw no unusual error messages.
-Configured bootloader and then hit "Play FF7" and I get this error message: http://i.imgur.com/6qwVmvT.png

No matter where I google/search or download bootleg from I can not find "FFVII-bootleg.bat" ANYWHERE!

I read somewhere around here that the bootleg.exe IS the .bat so I copied the bootleg.exe to ..everywhere.. and that didn't fix it.

1. How do I find this mystery FFVII-bootleg.bat file?

2. When playing the game from its own launcher it crashes upon starting up. Is that because I must use the bootloader?

INFO: FF7/FF8 OpenGL driver version 0.7.11b
INFO: Auto-detected version: FF7 1.02 US English
ERROR: failed to set fullscreen mode
INFO: Intel Intel(R) HD Graphics 3.1.0 - Build 9.17.10.2843
INFO: OpenGL 2.0 support detected
INFO: Found swap_control extension
INFO: Max texture size: 8192x8192
INFO: Number of texture units: 8
INFO: Original resolution 320x240, window size 320x240, output resolution 320x240, internal resolution 320x240
INFO: Shader limits: varying 41, vert uniform 512, frag uniform 1024
INFO: vertex shader compile log:
No errors.

INFO: fragment shader compile log:
No errors.

INFO: main program link log:
No errors.

INFO: FFMpeg movie player plugin loaded
INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r25886, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
INFO: FF7Music helper plugin loaded
INFO: Loading external library Multi.dll
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
ERROR: could not open file c:\users\owner\desktop\games\ff7input.cfg
initializing sound...
creating sound primary buffer
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized
64bit Windows 7.

Edit: I see there is a "Run FFVII-Bootleg" batch file in the installation directory but that wasn't doing anything to help me. I even renamed it to "FFVII-Bootleg.bat" which had no effect.

Edit2: Setting graphics back to software renderer tells me there's something else going wrong because now it won't even start up normally like it was BEFORE i put the mods in. This setting does not give me an error message or a close program prompt that I was getting with 'Custom driver'.

I'm guessing my best bet it to start over and be more picky with what mods that go in but I'll leave this post here in case someone can answer my missing .bat file problem.

Edit-again: (Sorry) It's working now and all i did was re-run bootleg and unchecked an option for sounds/FMV along the way... wish I knew what I did. It's working at least! No idea why the bootloader suddenly decided there was a Bootleg.bat this time either... Now to see if I can get updated FMV's to work... hmmm maybe that was what happened.

Much love to the creators and organisers and what have you! <3 This rocks.
« Last Edit: 2013-12-25 15:41:27 by Tifatree »

Bullets2Xchange

• View Profile
« Reply #1860 on: 2013-12-26 09:34:41 »
Sorry to ask again but i don't think u have read my last post

MoshMosh

• View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: 2013-12-26 17:32:47 »
Hey! Just checking back in. I never got the FF7 converter to work on my desktop, since it would claim I didn't give the program administrator rights even when I did. So I downloaded all the files on my laptop and it worked perfectly. No idea why.

Going to transfer the files over when I get the chance. Looks great!

Zara8

• View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: 2013-12-27 14:02:25 »
Hey

when i finished setting up everything right on this mod

i get no random battles now when i use this mod

so what could be wrong then

because i did not turn on the random battle cheat at all

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: 2013-12-27 15:02:08 »
Hey

when i finished setting up everything right on this mod

i get no random battles now when i use this mod

so what could be wrong then

because i did not turn on the random battle cheat at all

For a better comprehensive why nobody helps you. You do not ask for help, you do ask for babysitting and nobody has the time to take you by the hand. We all offer our free time here. The bootleg tutorial is a step by step guide for kids. Because of different system settings problems can and will occur and we are happy if we can solve them. But we also expects that everybody is able to find where the problem is themselves and using the help here, when nothing else work.

cmh175

• View Profile
    • Chris Hendrickson's Artstation
« Reply #1864 on: 2013-12-27 16:55:42 »
The biggest issue I keep seeing is people installing the game to the desktop. The tutorial clearly says install to games\final fantasy 7\ff7. Afterwards you pretty much just have to run bootleg, not much to it. Pretty much every issue posted is user error, double check the turorial and you'll probably find something you over looked.

MBP with bootcamp, nice. I did that with steam but that's something they tested. You're using simulated drivers from apple so that'll be interesting. Have you tried adjusting the interal resolution?

There's an option in bootleg to disable random battles, you probably have that checked. To reset that you'll either need a back up of the kernel or reinstall the game.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: 2013-12-28 03:55:21 »
does anybody know about a zack mod, which replaces cloud or cait or any other mod which includes zack? i've seen one somewhere, but i think it wasn't supported anymore and the link was dead.

There was one being made by weeemus about a year ago, but it's long since been dead. I don't know of any other Zack mods currently.

New PC I thought it time to give this majorly magnificent modification of FF7 a second shot. I'm stuck before I can even start playing though! Help would be mucho appreciated :) Given my luck with these things this probably won't be the first obstacle..

-Did a clean install of an old copy of FF7 to a non-system folder. (c:\desktop\games\final fantasy vii)
-Downloaded BFE and 'Tifa's Package [Bootleg040 mods]'
-Made sure the bootleg program pointed to the correct places for installing and retrieving files.
-Ran bootleg, everything installed that was supposed to. I saw no unusual error messages.
-Configured bootloader and then hit "Play FF7" and I get this error message: http://i.imgur.com/6qwVmvT.png

No matter where I google/search or download bootleg from I can not find "FFVII-bootleg.bat" ANYWHERE!

I read somewhere around here that the bootleg.exe IS the .bat so I copied the bootleg.exe to ..everywhere.. and that didn't fix it.

1. How do I find this mystery FFVII-bootleg.bat file?

2. When playing the game from its own launcher it crashes upon starting up. Is that because I must use the bootloader?
64bit Windows 7.

Edit: I see there is a "Run FFVII-Bootleg" batch file in the installation directory but that wasn't doing anything to help me. I even renamed it to "FFVII-Bootleg.bat" which had no effect.

Edit2: Setting graphics back to software renderer tells me there's something else going wrong because now it won't even start up normally like it was BEFORE i put the mods in. This setting does not give me an error message or a close program prompt that I was getting with 'Custom driver'.

I'm guessing my best bet it to start over and be more picky with what mods that go in but I'll leave this post here in case someone can answer my missing .bat file problem.

Edit-again: (Sorry) It's working now and all i did was re-run bootleg and unchecked an option for sounds/FMV along the way... wish I knew what I did. It's working at least! No idea why the bootloader suddenly decided there was a Bootleg.bat this time either... Now to see if I can get updated FMV's to work... hmmm maybe that was what happened.

Much love to the creators and organisers and what have you! <3 This rocks.

You didn't fix your problem. You ignored it and did something else that doesn't cause the problem. The issue was with the game installed to C:\Desktop...That's a system folder.

Sorry to ask again but i don't think u have read my last post

Open FF7Config and reset the Sound Driver.

Hey! Just checking back in. I never got the FF7 converter to work on my desktop, since it would claim I didn't give the program administrator rights even when I did. So I downloaded all the files on my laptop and it worked perfectly. No idea why.

Going to transfer the files over when I get the chance. Looks great!

That's going to cause possible registry errors and things may not fully work. Try running the converter from a non-system folder and turning UAC off.

For a better comprehensive why nobody helps you. You do not ask for help, you do ask for babysitting and nobody has the time to take you by the hand. We all offer our free time here. The bootleg tutorial is a step by step guide for kids. Because of different system settings problems can and will occur and we are happy if we can solve them. But we also expects that everybody is able to find where the problem is themselves and using the help here, when nothing else work.

The biggest issue I keep seeing is people installing the game to the desktop. The tutorial clearly says install to games\final fantasy 7\ff7. Afterwards you pretty much just have to run bootleg, not much to it. Pretty much every issue posted is user error, double check the turorial and you'll probably find something you over looked.

MBP with bootcamp, nice. I did that with steam but that's something they tested. You're using simulated drivers from apple so that'll be interesting. Have you tried adjusting the interal resolution?

There's an option in bootleg to disable random battles, you probably have that checked. To reset that you'll either need a back up of the kernel or reinstall the game.

Exactly. I've written a tutorial as clearly and user friendly as I possibly can, made a video showcasing the process, written out a fairly helpful FAQ, and created an entirely new thread that links and details mostly every mod used.  It's just too much when most responses are fixing user errors instead of smashing any kind of bugs that pop up.

Mortagon

• View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: 2013-12-29 02:54:52 »
I'm currently getting an error of the following:

You have an error in your config file, some options may not have been parsed. (no such option 'FANTASY')

Any idea what may be causing this? This occurs when I set my mod directory to the bootleg directory in the mod folder. If I don't, the screen just goes black then goes back to the desktop

So the game was working pretty much great with a full set of mods prior to me upgrading to Windows 8.1, I go for 8.1, and now I can't play at all. When I launch Bootloader and click Play FF7, the dos prompt appears to mount the disc, the screen turns black, then it returns to the desktop without any messages. I can play FF7 fine through steam though not through BootLoader. Any tips on anything I can do? Any help would be appreciated. I've tried reinstalling with no luck, tried BFE again with no luck...

APP.LOG reads:

INFO: FF7/FF8 OpenGL driver version 0.7.11b
INFO: Auto-detected version: FF7 1.02 US English
INFO: NVIDIA Corporation GeForce GTX 680/PCIe/SSE2 4.4.0
INFO: Found swap_control extension
INFO: Max texture size: 16384x16384
INFO: Number of texture units: 4
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 1280x960, output resolution 1280x960, internal resolution 1280x960
INFO: FFMpeg movie player plugin loaded
INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r21874, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
INFO: No shaders, codecs with YUV output will be slow.
INFO: FF7Music helper plugin loaded
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
initializing sound...

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: 2013-12-29 03:05:14 »
Post your ff7_opengl.cfg.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: 2013-12-29 04:38:42 »
Post your ff7_opengl.cfg.

This.

Also read the FAQ section. There is something there about the command prompt appearing and disappearing with no game launch.

Did you use the FF7 Game Converter from STEP 1?

Tifatree

• Wingardium Ultima!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: 2013-12-31 00:01:28 »
Ah well I feel stupid now :P I have to re-install all over anyway. Turned laptop on today and the game can't find any of the lgp files needed to play o.O I'll figure it out. Ty and happy holidays!

blaight

• You have a great forum here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: 2014-01-03 08:55:58 »
Just wanted to thank you for this really easy to install mod package.

Miguel_Domingos

• View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: 2014-01-06 20:26:18 »
Hi there!

I'm playing FF VII with Tifa's Bootloader installed. I had some problems trying to open the safe in Shinra's Mansion but solved it changing to window mode and unselecting new timer. The count down slowed a little bit and I could put the combination in time.

But now, I'm stuck on Cid's flashback when we see the rocket countdown like the image below...

[IMG=http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/5055/gvk7.png]http://[/img]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Nothing happens when the countdown reaches 00:00... What should I do?

Thank you!

My best regards,
Miguel Domingos
« Last Edit: 2014-01-07 00:01:25 by Miguel_Domingos »

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: 2014-01-06 20:34:00 »
Miguel_Domingos, please don't post the same question in multiple places. This question is fine here; I've deleted your other thread. ~Covarr

Miguel_Domingos

• View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: 2014-01-06 22:00:12 »
Miguel_Domingos, please don't post the same question in multiple places. This question is fine here; I've deleted your other thread. ~Covarr

I'm sorry about that... I saw this thread after I post the other one...  :oops:

ashesarise

• View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: 2014-01-07 01:02:20 »
➣ When I run Bootleg, I get a message that says "Access Denied. Installation Aborted!".
Right click "My Computer" and select Properties.
Scroll down to "Computer name, domain, and workgroup settings" and click on Change Settings.
In the Advanced tab, click on Environmental Variables.
Under "System variables" find the variable named Path, highlight it, and click Edit...
"Variable value" should have a long string of directories. Add %SystemRoot%\System32; as the first entry.

I have this problem, but the FAQ solution didn't solve it. Below installation aborted it is telling me to run as administrator. I do have it running as administrator so that isn't it either. It also says make sure your ff7 installation folder isn't in a system file. I honestly don't understand what that means, but I have my steam folder relocated to my desktop. Steam has always confused me when it comes to their installation files. I don't actually know where my FF7 installation folder is. I can search for it, but it doesn't appear.  I would post my APP.LOG report, but I don't know how to access my FF7 installation folder due to it being a steam installation. I'm fairly computer savvy being an IT guy, but this kind of stuff really gets me confused. Anyways I'd appreciate the help because from what I read this is the best way to use mods for FF7. I really feel weird asking for help for a non paid for service. That said I wouldn't mind making a donation if I can get this up and running right.