Author Topic: [PSX/PC] Save Editor - Black Chocobo (v1.15)  (Read 1001442 times)

wrxracer1983

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC/PSX] Save Editor - Black Chocobo (v1.9.83)
« Reply #1075 on: 2014-10-21 22:05:14 »
Hey gang. I used this before and had no issues, now I've updated the program and I'm attempting to use it again. I'm loading my PSP save (.vmp), making changes, and for the work around, trying to save it as raw PSX. The problem I'm having now is that it's forcing it to save as .vmp, even though I gave it a valid file name and selected file type as raw PSX. I even saved a PS3 file (.psv) and tried again but it then force saves it as .psv, no matter what file name I give it.  I don't remember having trouble with exporting before, could it be possible that I'm missing something now? Thanks guys, and appreciate all the hard work on this program!

-J

wrxracer1983

• View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: 2014-10-21 23:37:17 »
Well I just answered my own question. I was using the "open" button instead of importing to current slot. By doing that I was able to rename it properly, and it loaded into the PS3. False alarm!

-J

ARipoff

• View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: 2014-11-15 19:39:02 »
Well, there was something here regarding something, but I fixed it :P
« Last Edit: 2014-11-16 00:19:38 by ARipoff »

Jordancyre

• View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: 2014-12-04 03:03:37 »
Hey Guys,

It looks like the Sourceforge download link for BC 1.9.83 is broken.  Any other mirrors out there?

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #1079 on: 2014-12-05 00:38:50 »
Hey Guys,

It looks like the Sourceforge download link for BC 1.9.83 is broken.  Any other mirrors out there?

seams to work correctly now . maybe sf was down when you tried it .

www.blackchocobo.com/downloads.php

Jordancyre

• View Profile
« Reply #1080 on: 2014-12-05 01:25:04 »
Yep looks like it's up again!  Thanks for checking!  Awesome editor!

Leafia_Barrett

• View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: 2014-12-19 22:50:16 »
Okay, screw it.  After 3 hours of fiddling with it, I give up. How do I change key items? The instructions in the editor do absolutely nothing, and there's no reason I should have to create an account for an external site just to look at the user manual so don't tell me to do that.
« Last Edit: 2014-12-19 22:52:54 by Leafia_Barrett »

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: 2014-12-20 01:19:08 »
If you want to add key items to your save, the short answer is that you can't.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #1083 on: 2014-12-20 14:03:36 »
you can add keyitems using the location tab. below the list of locations is a filter box click the arrow on the button next to it. select "Filter Mode : item at location"
after you have selected that filter mode type "KeyItem" in the filter box . the locations with key items will be shown in the above list. click on a location and under the preview you can toggle item you have recived on at that location . not all keyitems may work correctly when added this way because they currently only change the bits for items and not progression as well. some keyitems need both changed. hope that helps
there's no reason I should have to create an account for an external site just to look at the user manual so don't tell me to do that.
you dont need an account anywhere to view the user manual.
its located here. http://blackchocobo.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php?title=User_Guide
this guide does need to be updated badly however.

gerardinmenveu

• View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: 2015-02-19 04:44:37 »
I use Black Chocobo since a couple of years, and i'm using the last version at this time, but it seem to have a glitch with the timer of the 3 course of the Snowboard Mini Game. In the game, my best time for the Begginer Course is 00'56''128 but when i load my save file in Black Chocobo (i use a memory card .bin from pSX emulator to load my save file), Black Chocobo say Time: 34 59 832. When i change these 3 number to try to fix the timer, i write something like 00 51 999 (because this is what is needed to unlock the cactuar ghost in ntsc version of the game), but then, the in game timer best score indicate 00'00''1. Seem like something don't work or i miss something.

I remember in the past using an older version of Black Chocobo and i was able to see the cactuar, and timer was working fine, but i don't remember what version i was using. Anyway, Black Chocobo is very useful and i appreciate a lot this, just wanted to report this bug.

ps: Using Black Chocobo with Windows xp
« Last Edit: 2015-02-19 04:46:29 by gerardinmenveu »

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #1085 on: 2015-02-19 15:12:34 »
check that your version is being detected correctly (ntsc or pal ) timers are slightly different . is this an issue with just a new version or have had this problem with an older version as well?
when i get a chance ill double check that snowboard courses are working correctly.(it has not changed since it was added iirc)  thanks for you bug report.

« Last Edit: 2015-02-19 15:21:39 by sithlord48 »

gerardinmenveu

• View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: 2015-02-20 04:58:08 »
I checked the "Edit, Slot Region" and it was selected to "Us English (Ntsc-U)", which is accurate to the version i'm playing, i think. Anyway i don't know if that can help to identify the version of the game that i'm playing, but my quicksave with pSX emulator is named quicksave_SCUS_941.64_1.psv which i think is for the ntsc version. My game is in English, and i live outside Europe, so it shouldn't be PAL. I tried to change the Slot Region just in case, but my save on the memory card "memcard.bin" was no longer detected after making the change (i made a backup before doing this), so i think that confirm it detect the good version of the game.

Edit: I just found the older versions, and i tried with older versions, i think my older version was 1.9.7, but anyway it still doesn't work with older versions too. Maybe my memory card "memcard.bin" file can help, anyway there's only my FF7 save on the memcard (no other game). In case you want to look at it, here's my memcard contain my FF7 save: http://www.mediafire.com/download/o4mzyrnjcxjyfxc/memcard.zip

thanks
« Last Edit: 2015-02-20 07:59:00 by gerardinmenveu »

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #1087 on: 2015-02-20 11:11:55 »
i looked at this a bit yesterday . i have to check how those times are stored because it can't be how im storing them as i noticed my time on for first course is 59min when in games its 2 min.

gerardinmenveu

• View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: 2015-02-20 17:24:49 »
Thanks for having looked at this. woah, 59min, so it confirm there's something about the timer.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #1089 on: 2015-02-21 00:38:02 »
there is indeed something wrong with the timer . i was saving the values as MSec when its saved completely differently.  i was also off one byte from the start and because of using MSec encoding byte 0 of each of the times was ingored. iirc DLPB had told me the locations of these how ever im not sure how i got to using MSec and not the first byte of the data. 

so in the file you will see (looking at the beginners course on a FF7Slot)
Quote from:  BASCUS-94163-FF7-S15 from samples
0x0E13 : 00
0x0E14: 90
0x0E15: 27
0x0E16: 36
before we were reading in 0x362790 as our MSec value (3549072 MSeconds..? thats 59 Min!!)

each other course follows the beginners course (so next 4 bytes is advanced then the 4 after that are time for crazy course). then there one unused byte after that..

i loaded up this save the correct time for the beginners course is 2'36'279 so i sat for a little while and tried ti figure out how do i get this value from that saved one..  and thought... it took a bit because it just seamed wrong.. so i looked at the file again.. i noticed this

0x0E17: 02
odd thats the number of minutes for this course is 2 ... so if i were to move my read over one byte and read in a 32 bit number i would have 02 36 27 90 ... i looked at that for a bit .. thats my time in stright hex . once i knew that i was able to correct black chocobo to fix the times.

I have uploaded a version  for you to test. Black Chocobo v1.9.83 SvnRev.1218 . please let me know how it works for you.. (you can use it in that folder or copy the exe to your installed copy of Black Chocobo if you find it works well). There are other changes you can see them on the Change Log. Try the Editable Combos they will save you some time by allowing you to type in them.

gerardinmenveu

• View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: 2015-02-21 04:42:28 »
omg it worked perfectly :)
I downloaded the Black Chocobo portable, then i opened the memcard in the Black Chocobo. And the 3 timers was now fixed and indicated exactly the same time that i have in game. So i decided to modify the time for the Beginner course, i wrote 0 51 999 and it is now what i see in game too, so played the Beginner course 1 time, and retry it, and yes, i finally have my little cactuar running like he was in a hurry to go in a desert ;D

And just to confirm that everything is working, i also modified the value of course B to 01 02 003 and the course C to 04 05 006 just to test, and these changes appeared perfect in the game too.

All this hex thing is very complicated to me, you're very genius. By the way, i really appreciate Black Chocobo, it really do everything, an all-in-one save editor. Thanks for fixing the glitch.

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: 2015-03-03 11:57:06 »
hey

can i use this save editor to go into the ff7 debug room?

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #1092 on: 2015-03-03 12:57:46 »
sure can.

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: 2015-03-03 13:00:15 »
hey Sithlord48

how can i get into the debug room using this editor

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #1094 on: 2015-03-03 13:11:24 »
location tab select the debug room (field id#094 for the english one). normally the location viewer will allow you to edit items and (in the future) progress at locations this is why it will no longer set your save to that location with out checking the box above the table that says (i just changed the string so it might be a tad different) save location when selection changes.  you should see then in the status bar it will say Set Location: blackbk2 . you saves location is now the debug room.

Hemidare

• View Profile
« Reply #1095 on: 2015-03-12 20:39:04 »
This has been probably answered many times but bear with me please.

I have a fully updated ps3, No custom firmware on it. Just a plain old ps3.

I have imported an edited ff7 save file before and played it no problem.

I have tried importing a edited save file from black chocobo and it says the data is corrupted when i try to re upload it to my ps3?

Is this possible to do without having to resort to hacking my ps3 which i wont do.

Thanks for your time.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #1096 on: 2015-03-12 22:35:39 »
This has been probably answered many times but bear with me please.
yes all the time.... To the point where i am tired of presenting the same answer to people...

I have a fully updated ps3, No custom firmware on it. Just a plain old ps3.
I have imported an edited ff7 save file before and played it no problem.
only if it came off a memory card. otherwise the signature being wrong will block you. i have tried about 100k stright copies from edits they never work
I have tried importing a edited save file from black chocobo and it says the data is corrupted when i try to re upload it to my ps3?
the signature is incorrect.  because you need to provide the correct keys to sign with or try another method.

Is this possible to do without having to resort to hacking my ps3 which i wont do.
please read this section of the FAQ very carefully .

Thanks for your time.
your welcome and good luck signing your save. if you find a key/seed combo that works for you please let me know so i can test on other ps3' . so this can be made easier for everyone..

Korence

• View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: 2015-03-15 20:11:46 »
hey Sithlord48,

I got a problem and dunno where to start and end it truely, so let me begin with this :

First of all, I'm german, if u know somebody who is german who can also help there, please let me know, besides that, I try my best at english, even in this, even for me, very complicated stuff about editing data and so on.

My problem started as I found out that there are.. more minor problems when I played FF7. The next thing that I need to do is getting the KEY STONE from Dio in Gold Saucer and then the Date Scene comes along. I followed a guide, for getting either Aerith/Aeris or Yuffie (where, in 2013, I said to myself that I don't care whom of both I would get, sadly another problem hit the road) and now I wanted to check if I followed my guide and my lil piece of paper with the affection points correctly. SADLY my guide lead me into Aeris instead of Yuffie. Now, I dunno why, but I wanted to date Yuffie over Aerith (still keeping the extra saves to see the Aerith date scene also) but, as it seems that way, Yuffie can get only 43 AP (affection points, too lazy to write it full out) and, as I noticed, my old piece of paper with the original AP from all dateable ones, has been gone (maybe the last time I cleared up and I was too... ignorant? arrogant? I was selfproclaimed sure that I WILL  date Yuffie since a guide told me I could get MANY (due to a bug when meeting the mysterious ninja) AP as I wanted so I pushed Yuffie over 70(!) points, so I thought at least.) I then read about more guides about what I did wrong and most guides, even the "most perfect I read" from gameFAQ and even the finalfantasy wiki told me that this act with meeting Yuffie and doing the first 4 correct answers can get me (as long as I'm choosing one wrong answer) infinity points for herself, but, it seems it doesn't work. Now I have done over 40 hours of gameplay, grinding some materia before going to Wutai and get my materia stolen, having my score early in the junon minigame which WAS hard to me (back then) to get the most amount out of it (just for myself, yet still, I dont wana do this or this speed square HELL minigame again with getting 5000 points for Aerith parasol weapon, which is rather useless, but in trying to get 100%, I wanted it badly), but to coming into point : I actually don't wanna restart my whole FF7 states again (made multiple if something happens, but the earliest is outside of midgar, where most points have been already given to Tifa, Barret & Aerith), so I looked up if I can get, so I heard, savestates from the PC or PSX version to get modified, just to get and shown how much AP has been given to Aerith and Yuffie. Then, today, I stumbled on this side, founding out that I can modify my savestate, unfortunatly, I got a ps3 so I was unsure if I can modify THAT savestate too (but since the ps3 one is the PSX one actually, I thought there is still hope left to save eevrything). I downlaoded the Windows version and installed, everything ok so far. Then I tried to get, per usb-stick, one of my FF7 states to the Black Chocobo save editor thing AND it works :D

I was so happy that I could modify everything, but I must get hold of myself, to not cheat me anything I actually don't want like infinity amount of money, BP for the Battle Square and so on, so I found out that my Aerith has got 61 AP, Tifa 58, Yuffie 43 (so the numbers of hours trying to get her in junon forest and to repeat at least 5 times the progress of getting AP for her was pointless and wasted...) and Barret 18. I also read in a guide, that over 120 points in Tifa & Aeris, some dialouges will change, so I wanted to give Yuffie (to be sure this time) 200 AP, Aerith 150, Tifa, 140 & Barret 135. I also wanted to add the Whip for Cid, since u can do this Shit Square minigame again in CD2 to get another weapon, even if optional, but it better be this way instead of raging about this mosntrous imo nearly unbeatable minigame x_x . After everything I checked, everything I wanted to add and so on, I wanted to save...

Strange, it didn't work, my PSV data is still unchanged, and it also mentioned some... key & seed for the PS3, what does that mean? I looked up the FAQ to this program u have made and it said it is neceassary for somesorta "code" to get it back on my PS3. But I tried to look up the damn list but... what the hell am I supposed to do now D: I know I need to find the keys and the seed but how am I supposed to do that? I never did that, nor did I cheat or transfer any savestate data alot, nor I'm a highly professional... guy who knows about that kind of stuff, and it went way over me once I saw all this amount of numbers and letters and... I dunno what I'm supposed to do, or HOW to find out that stuff, with that, I mean how to find or to find out my key & seed that fits into my (german?) PS3 so I could save the savestate data with the newly added AP for Yuffie & Co.

So... can you help me? Does this whole thing should get rather an extra thread? And is this whole thing saveable, my whole amount of hours I spend tehre (ok40hours arnt that much, yet, its much, and I actually dont wanna waste all that cuz some guide(s) fooled me!!)?

With greetings, Korence

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #1098 on: 2015-03-15 23:35:57 »
you can find links to the keys to try and the seeds to try in the faq

http://www.ps3devwiki.com/ps3/Keys - for the keys
http://www.ps3devwiki.com/ps3/Seeds - for the seeds

both of these are used to generate a signature . since no one knows what key is being used with what seed it could be any of them. if you do find a pair that works please do share with us and this can become automatic on future versions. 

just copy them into the options dialog on black chocobo . (you will need to remove any spaces)

Korence

• View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: 2015-03-16 03:12:12 »
Ok thanks for the reply first.

But second is, have u seen the page? I dont get ANYTHING from those sides, I mean is there no clue where to look for that? Just a hint to know which of those... around 100 keys & seeds are fitting? I mean have u seen the side? I don't have a clue to start that's my point...

EDIT : Also, like I mentioned, I never did this stuff before, that's why I wrote it, to let it notice u, so I can get some help, also, I'm not a native english, so it makes it all double hard, even if I understand most thinks, it's difficult u'know :(

EDIT2 : Also, what is this signature u mentioned for? What purpose does this serve?
« Last Edit: 2015-03-16 03:15:40 by Korence »