Author Topic: Final Fantasy VII Rerelease thread  (Read 310887 times)

Prince Lex

• Opinionfact is Redundancy
    • View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy VII Rerelease thread
« Reply #425 on: 2012-08-14 22:59:06 »
Can anyone help me?

Apparently when I purchased from the U.S. store, it assigned me the username etc that I entered(jeffdamann)

It WILL NOT let me log on with this account in game, so I clicked make an account in the launcher, it took me to the EU site.

I tried to enter my credentials and it says not found, yet if I try to take a new account Jeffdamann is taken(from the U.S. site) so I got pissed and made a vulgar user and it worked.

Why is it taking me to the EU site, and why isnt it letting me activate with my U.S. Jeffdamann username?

You have to sign in with your e-mail address and password, and don't try clicking on either the "Facebook" or "Square Enix North America" boxes. You also need to have clicked the e-mail validation link they sent to you when you registered.

EDIT: Actually, you might have to click on the "Square-Enix North America" box if you got the game from the US store.

Mendelevium

• View Profile
« Reply #426 on: 2012-08-14 23:03:27 »
So far the only perks seem to be easier modded music, and that people can now buy it legally, with more ease that is?
The "Modernization" bothers me. Achievements, boosters... >_>.
Ah well. As long as it's modifiable, yes?

josh007cl

« Reply #427 on: 2012-08-14 23:19:44 »
I just renamed your OGG filenames to the midi names since it takes a long time and you haven't updated the installer yet.

That's good, and from watching a stream it fades properly between battle too like the PSX now.

I'm actually really disappointed Square didn't do anything for the shadows in battle. I hate those hard circular shadows.

Hmm, I copied them all to the music_ogg folder. It works but for example I was in the middle of the first boss fight and the song just cut off and I'm left with sounds and no music.

Antonia

• View Profile
« Reply #428 on: 2012-08-14 23:20:12 »
Ah well. As long as it's modifiable, yes?
Looks like "partially" would be the answer to this, at least for now.  Anything that relies on modpath won't work at all. 

Sounds like music is easy enough, and I suspect we won't have issues with FMV either.

What's not really certain yet is how much luck we're going to have with custom lgp files and / or hacking the exe itself.

From the varied early reports, it seems like some of this stuff may be possible, but likely will require some modifications at the least.

But unless someone gets incredibly bored and decides to write a custom driver for a game that's powered by DirectX (hence no real need for a custom driver which is a massive undertaking -just ask Aali), or we can figure out some other method to tell the game "hey, look for cool mods over here!", then things like Menu Overhaul, Avalanche, etc are gonna be no go on this baby.  Don't toss out your ISO's  ;)

hunterdan

« Reply #429 on: 2012-08-14 23:31:47 »
Hmm, I copied them all to the music_ogg folder. It works but for example I was in the middle of the first boss fight and the song just cut off and I'm left with sounds and no music.

I had the same issue. Music cut out in the middle of the first boss fight. It also happened after saving, reloading, and letting the track run. That particular song does not seem to loop.

I'm going to check other tracks as well.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #430 on: 2012-08-14 23:34:00 »
so, to enjoy all the nice mods here, you have to buy the old PC version
as expected sqaure, first lure them with the re-release and once they realize that some nice mods don't work, they'll go and buy the game again just so they're now sitting on a useless copy of ff7 bound to their SE account

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: 2012-08-14 23:35:14 »
so, to enjoy all the nice mods here, you have to buy the old PC version
as expected sqaure, first lure them with the re-release and once they realize that some nice mods don't work, they'll go and buy the game again just so they're now sitting on a useless copy of ff7 bound to their SE account

hahaha!

moothead

• View Profile
« Reply #432 on: 2012-08-14 23:37:16 »
I find them not including the higher quality music in this release an incredibly ****ish move. The fact it's so seemingly easy to replace the music files (A lot more so than the original version) just baffles my mind as to why they didn't.
« Last Edit: 2012-08-14 23:38:56 by moothead »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: 2012-08-14 23:38:34 »
I find them not including the higher quality music in this release an incredibly ****ish move. The fact it so seemingly easy to replace the music files (A lot more so than the original version) and they didn't bother just baffles my mind.

They may have needed to pay for the rights to the music when using OST.  I dunno.  It could also be that whoever was in charge just wasn't as logical as me.

BloodShot

• View Profile
« Reply #434 on: 2012-08-14 23:39:13 »
I wonder if it's possible for Aali to adapt a music folder for his opengl driver that function's the same way this one does so we don't have to use FF7Music anymore

josh007cl

« Reply #435 on: 2012-08-14 23:39:47 »
I had the same issue. Music cut out in the middle of the first boss fight. It also happened after saving, reloading, and letting the track run. That particular song does not seem to loop.

I'm going to check other tracks as well.

The song before the fight works fine. I sat for probably 5 minutes and it kept going even though the track (makoro.oog) only lasts 1:45.

moothead

• View Profile
« Reply #436 on: 2012-08-14 23:41:18 »
They may have needed to pay for the rights to the music when using OST.  I dunno.  It could also be that whoever was in charge just wasn't as logical as me.

Yeah, I was thinking that. Maybe because Uematsu isn't part of Square Enix anymore may have something to do with it.

So it was you who came up with the fix I take it? Awesome job :).

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: 2012-08-14 23:42:14 »
The oggs are part of Anxious Heart which I will update soon (to rename the files and so work with new PC).  They were created for use with old PC game and FF7music, but also in anticipation that we will one day have full ogg support in same way as new PC has now. 
« Last Edit: 2012-08-14 23:49:02 by DLPB »

Terid__K

« Reply #438 on: 2012-08-14 23:48:56 »
From the screenshots and videos, it seems the game doesn't keep the original aspect ratio intact when you run in widescreen? Can anyone confirm this? That's possibly a deal breaker for me, as I don't like being forced to play with stretched graphics.

omega res novae

• previously known as squall8cloud7
    • View Profile
    • omegas mods google docs
« Reply #439 on: 2012-08-14 23:50:49 »
can we start making a list of mods that can transfer over. I dont know enough about aalis driver to input or question anything or what mods go along with it.

If umi is confirmed working and music is being figured out then thats a start. we still have our models, and bg music

Aramiyou

• View Profile
« Reply #440 on: 2012-08-14 23:51:52 »
From the screenshots and videos, it seems the game doesn't keep the original aspect ratio intact when you run in widescreen? Can anyone confirm this? That's possibly a deal breaker for me, as I don't like being forced to play with stretched graphics.
You can change it in the video options.

hunterdan

« Reply #441 on: 2012-08-14 23:52:52 »
can we start making a list of mods that can transfer over. I dont know enough about aalis driver to input or question anything or what mods go along with it.

If umi is confirmed working and music is being figured out then thats a start. we still have our models, and bg music

It runs it in a letter box. Similar to what you would see if you were playing on a PS3 connected to a HDTV. You can uncheck locked aspect ratio, and it will stretch it if you want.

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #442 on: 2012-08-14 23:53:31 »
the downloader seams to work in wine. ill update this post when it finishes and let you all know about the full game

Terid__K

« Reply #443 on: 2012-08-14 23:55:50 »
Nevermind, I can't get this even if I wanted as I'm not in one of the "serviced countries". A dick move from their part.

hunterdan

« Reply #444 on: 2012-08-14 23:56:48 »
The song before the fight works fine. I sat for probably 5 minutes and it kept going even though the track (makoro.oog) only lasts 1:45.

Yeah, Anxious Heart, or kurai.ogg seems to loop just fine as well.

The second time we hear bombing run seems to be the only place where I'm having an issue so far. I noticed there are two files for it, oa.ogg and ob.ogg. I imagine one of them is just not set to loop.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #445 on: 2012-08-14 23:58:18 »
How to guarantee people will pirate the game
Step 1: Do not offer the game to everyone
Step 2: Include horrible DRM
Step 3: Permalink it to an obscure online-store
Step 4: Offer nothing of value compared to the old product if it's a re-release
Step 5: Have massive problems on launch to the point where people can't play their legitimately bought game

VOILA

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #446 on: 2012-08-14 23:59:51 »
Nevermind, I can't get this even if I wanted as I'm not in one of the "serviced countries". A d*ck move from their part.
i had problems at first because they had sent me to the EU site and im in the US. once i was on the us site that error went away.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: 2012-08-15 00:04:01 »

Bear in mind that I am basing a lot of this on the fact certain files were unchanged from the original game.  It will need someone to verify these.

Menu Overhaul and Retranslation: No chance. I can't ever see me doing it even if Aali's driver supported it, which it never will anyway.  Can't see Aali working on new PC at all.   I may add in the ability for the other patches in Menu Overhaul to work with the new PC... but the new font and graphics and menu/battle interface are likely never to be supported.

Anxious Heart:  Being updated as we speak for use with new PC.

Unified Model Installer:  No reason why it shouldn't but someone tells me it doesn't.  Dunno why.  Others would need to test and verify.

FMV Restoration: No, but since they have upscaled anyway, the new game will do.

Remix Patch: Doesn't even work with old PC hahaha!  Not sure what it edits...  if it touches exe.  No.

Hardcore Mod: Should work. 

Team Avalanche Overhaul: Relies on Aali's modpath, so no.

Tools:

touphscript: Won't support new exe without change.  Currently does not work on flevel.  So until that is fixed no.  But in future?  Likely.

Proud Clod:  Yes

Hojo: Yes

Wallmarket: Yes

Makou Reactor: Yes

Loveless: Yes

White Chocobo: No, unless Addresses are offset by C00.

Libre: No, same as above.

Black Chocobo:  I don't know.

« Last Edit: 2012-08-15 00:06:25 by DLPB »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #448 on: 2012-08-15 00:10:00 »
How to guarantee people will pirate the game
Step 1: Do not offer the game to everyone
Step 2: Include horrible DRM
Step 3: Permalink it to an obscure online-store
Step 4: Offer nothing of value compared to the old product if it's a re-release
Step 5: Have massive problems on launch to the point where people can't play their legitimately bought game

VOILA

I don't understand Steps 4 & 5. Tossing aside the crappy midi music, there have been no hiccups with the actual gameplay. The original PC's main issue was stability, which seems stable now.

omega res novae

• previously known as squall8cloud7
    • View Profile
    • omegas mods google docs
« Reply #449 on: 2012-08-15 00:13:41 »
I selected the correct folder, let me try again, I've already restored to a backup. I'll edit this post in a second

Edit: Yep, doesn't seem to be changing any files.

Edit: DLPB, I never noticed but UMI should be creating a New Folder during installation, correct?

Final Edit: Alright. UMI works, confirmed! Just check to make sure that when you pick your directory to install that it isn't adding a folder. Mine was making ...Square Enix\Final Fantasy VII\New Folder  for some reason! Everything is all good DLPB!

cazador edited his post to say its all good for umi.
i did all my mods with bootleg0039 so i dont know just how many i am using. i guess when stuff is just thrown in your lap you cant appreciate everything behind it. ill have to look into the menu overhaul and team avalanche and the couple tools you said wouldnt work just to see what id be missing if i went new version route.
were the old fmv dependent on aali's driver as well?