Author Topic: tutorial videos  (Read 7479 times)

omega res novae

• previously known as squall8cloud7
    • View Profile
    • omegas mods google docs
tutorial videos
« on: 2012-08-12 14:16:22 »
i would like to make video tutorials with commentary so far i have 2 in mind.

video 1 would consist of  changing the texture id on a model so taking a model and texture that are already in the p file format, getting them back to pcreator to change the tex id and getting them back in the battle lgp. also setting a characters texture slots to 10

video 2 would be taking a finished weapon model from blender and getting it into the game. going through the last step of blender, biturn, image to tex, pcreator, kimera, and ulgpGUI. also setting a character texture slots to 10

Yes i know Mike.S.N_310-X has already made a video on how to use the tools but there is no commentary and even with his videos i had to pester several people here on the forum to get a working process.

Do i need the permission of slayersnext, millenia, and Mike.S.N_310-X if i use their weopons in any of the videos or will a simple credit due?

Ideas, thought, complaints?

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
Re: tutorial videos
« Reply #1 on: 2012-08-12 14:26:27 »
I would be glad if you could make a tutorial on how to replace the millenia buster sword with the dirty one by mike as in Bootleg but I've already been told that it might not work.

There are also a lot of arguments on which files should we swap for obtaining mike's custom weapons without the black battle models
« Last Edit: 2012-08-12 14:30:52 by Leonhart7413 »

omega res novae

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012-08-12 14:51:17 »
i havent delved too much into it. so i do not know anything about the black models.

I have seen youre dying for that dirty buster sword. dirty buster is slayersnext. not mikes

Ill play around a bit with the different models. I dont see why the various models wouldnt work if you went back to pcreator and changed the tex id. If a problem is created beside the tex id ill gladly listen. im off the next 2 days so videos should be up by then
« Last Edit: 2012-08-12 17:18:57 by squall8cloud7 »

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012-08-12 17:56:05 »
Nice one Squall9cloud7! lol still can't believe out of all these years there hasn't been a single good commentated tut vid yet for this stuff :o surely this might help alot of people for people who want's to mod but don't know how :)

omega res novae

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012-08-12 21:08:07 »
ok so kinda focusing on what models and weapons work with each other i made a chart of of clouds battle models and weapon models vs their texture id. ill have to add in the remix apz cloud later but so far my results are such.

Grimmys cloud and slayers dirty buster sword/hardedge both are set to tex id2 so they would fail together.

slayers mythril saber/enhanceweapon and mikes buster/ultima weapon(no effect) are both set to tex id3 and will fail together.

if you use the mikes ultima weapon with the effect  slayers mythril saber/nail bat/enhance weapon/apocalypse will fail cuz they both use 3/4

ill update this and post a picture of  the chart once i believe im finished
« Last Edit: 2012-08-12 21:10:12 by squall8cloud7 »

omega res novae

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2012-08-13 21:12:32 »
playlist for changing tex ids. ill add notes in descriptions later. pretty complicated setup and how to use it. enjoy leave comments
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLB12DCEA5B3EAC475&feature=plcp

Antonia

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2012-08-13 22:14:04 »
playlist for changing tex ids. ill add notes in descriptions later. pretty complicated setup and how to use it. enjoy leave comments

Just watched through the vids, and from what I can see this is a very solid beginning for what should become an excellent modder's resource.

I've never touched any of the tools, nor even begun to dissect the data structure for FF7 (beyond trying to simply install other people's work that comes with installers) and this made enough sense that I think I could repeat it myself.  Might need another review of the vids during such an attempt, but that's my memory at fault rather than your tutorial.  ;)

There's a couple tiny tidbits I'm a little shaky on, such as why a certain sword is named what it is (in the files), but unless I'm mistaken that's all probably documented somewhere else and beyond the scope of what you're trying to show here.  Not to mention, the chart will help if that information is currently hard to locate as well.

That's about the only 'criticism' I could come up with.  ;)

Great job!  Hopefully we can ultimately get a whole series of these up that are equally informative and easy to follow.  Would make a great sticky for the FAQ section, me'thinks.

omega res novae

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2012-08-13 22:51:11 »
heres the chart

heres a breakdown of the battle lgp and the file inside
http://www.alhexx.com/documents/other/battle_database.txt

theyre called what they are because thats what the people who made the game set it up to be. but basically theres 4 letters . the first two are a prefix rt** is cloud, si** is cloud, sa** is sephiroth. theres a complete list in that link. the last 2 letters are a prefix. **aa is the battle skeleton, **ac though **al are textures, **ck through **cz are weapon models.

ONE THING THOUGH ULGPGUI SEEMS BUGGY BUT KEEP TRYING  IT WILL WORK. IF 0.7 FAILS USE 0.5. OR USE AN LGP PACKER YOU KNOW WORKS

archerxtreme

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2012-08-14 15:51:38 »
Had downloaded the full documentation and spreadsheet....but that was several months ago.... any updates on those "unidentified" textures and animations?

omega res novae

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2012-08-14 16:14:29 »
idk i just saw this and that it has the characters in the battle lgp explained

i listed as reference for antonia
« Last Edit: 2012-08-14 16:27:23 by squall8cloud7 »

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #10 on: 2012-08-16 09:24:31 »
Oh God... I need to spare some free time on this... really helpful... thank you! I downloaded your videos.