Author Topic: [FF8PC] FF8Launcher .dll Add-ons and Multi.dll (2014-03-04)  (Read 9601 times)

Mcindus

• Artist, Modder, Musician.
    • View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
Edit: Sorry - I was having some issues with the forum and meant to post this in the regular topic, and not in releases...

I was going through DLPB's Tools and when I realized what Multi.dll could do, I put it to the test with FF8... here's what happened:

Mission:  To use the old FF8Launcher .dll Add-ons (Damage.dll, Hard.dll, HP.dll, Magic.dll, and Publish.dll) along with with RaW.dll and possibly other future .dll files without having to use the outdated FF8Launcher (which is no longer supported in favor of Aali's Custom Graphics Driver)

------------------------------------------------
Instructions (Only to be used with Aali's Custom Graphics Driver)

1. Download DLPB's Tools

2. Download the FF8Launcher Add-ons

3. Move the Multi.dll file and the "DLL_in" folder from the "Multi_DLL" folder from DLPB's Tools into the FF8 parent application folder (where your ff8.exe is)

4. Move any dll's to be loaded* into the "DLL_in" folder. (RaW.dll, Damage.dll, Hard.dll, HP.dll, etc.)

5. Add the line    load_library="Multi"    to the bottom of your ff8_opengl.cfg file (make sure this is the only library you are loading)

-------------------------------------------------
*You don't need to put eax.dll, bass.dll, or binkw32.dll into the "DLL_in" folder, but I'm not positive about that -- if you just leave them in the parent application folder they're already in, it all seems to work.

This solves any problems with FF8Launcher 1.4 conflicting with Aali's driver, since it bypasses it completely.

Tell me if this works for you!

And a HUGE thank you to DLPB!

« Last Edit: 2014-07-17 22:13:11 by Covarr »

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
Re: FF8 and Multi.dll
« Reply #1 on: 2014-03-05 13:50:24 »
Thanks for dealing with this! One question though... do we download only the addons or the 1.4 launcher too. Thanks!

Mcindus

• Artist, Modder, Musician.
    • View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
Re: FF8 and Multi.dll
« Reply #2 on: 2014-03-05 20:31:55 »
Thanks for dealing with this! One question though... do we download only the addons or the 1.4 launcher too. Thanks!

Just the addons -- this .dll makes it possible to load everything without any launcher.