Author Topic: [FF7] Original and Outdated Tutorial - Bootleg Configurator  (Read 1847694 times)

Tsuna

• Global moderator
  • Working together to create awesome things!
    • View Profile
    • The home of Tsunamods
Re: [Tutorial] Bootleg Configurator and FF7 Mod Installation
« Reply #750 on: 2012-02-03 03:27:21 »
Hmm i dont quite have that problem but thats definitly something to do with the fancy transparant option and the new battle interface in the bootleg or the ff7config file mak sure there set to yes

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: 2012-02-03 17:44:13 »
Darkcloud if i could remember correctly you have to manually clear out all the cache (delete em all) and go open ff_opengl.cfg and turn on "new battle interface" and turn on "fancy transparency" and set "compress textures to no"
it does say on the main menu overhaul page on the instructions on how to properly install and make this work perfectly.

DarkCloud13

• View Profile
« Reply #752 on: 2012-02-03 18:19:39 »
How do you clear the cache?

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: 2012-02-03 18:21:46 »
Delete everything under the ff7\cache folder and ff7\mods\bootleg\cache

Tsuna

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
    • The home of Tsunamods
« Reply #754 on: 2012-02-03 20:18:26 »
Finally got EVERYTHING working but the field scenes? thats still got me, i put the in the mods/ field folder as LPG but is it a mod / bootleg or avalanche cuz sometimes i have 2?

deathlok0000

« Reply #755 on: 2012-02-04 05:45:56 »
hey guys i just installed a fresh max of ff7 non-ultima version and did bootleg 0037. i triple checked to see that i have all thr files needed and i installed the game into c:\squaresoft\finalfantasyVII directory. i turned UAC off, turned realtime protection of my antivirus and also granted full control to the squarrsoft folder. i ran bootleg under admin and then launched the game using the bootleg shortcut (ran as admin), the game just shows a black screen when i start task manager it says that ff7 is not reaponding

i am using a 64 bit win 7 ult on a dell 15z laptop with a ssd drive and a nvidia gtx 525m card. i have plenty of hd space, folowed the install guide to the letter but im am still having this issue.

please help me

Lionsmane

• View Profile
« Reply #756 on: 2012-02-04 06:27:38 »
Did you do a maximum install?

deathlok0000

« Reply #757 on: 2012-02-04 06:39:58 »
yes fresh max install

ok played with it, set ff7.exe to compatibility with win 98 and it turns on.... problem now is when i get into a battle, the game crashes.... this sucks, please help

ok fixed this to by turning shaders off.... i think i made a huge mistake though, when i launch bootloader under game mode it says "mode switching is not installed" and all 3 options below it are greyed out...  did i install it wrong?

sorry for all these weird posts
« Last Edit: 2012-02-04 09:58:00 by deathlok0000 »

Tsuna

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
    • The home of Tsunamods
« Reply #758 on: 2012-02-04 19:46:19 »
Aslong as you did the full install, and also have a folder in the directory (You can name it anything) with the BFE and bootleg inside along with ALL the mods that are red in the mod list (to check this go to BFE, file, modlist) If you have all the red ones in that folder they should be green and viola . . . Hopefully

Anyone know why after i install all the mods with bootleg im unable to have a full screen play? And the ODD time my muic stops too, think its cuz i have ff7 music folder AND a ficedula folder but i may be wrong
« Last Edit: 2012-02-05 18:25:15 by shadow1918 »

deathlok0000

« Reply #759 on: 2012-02-06 03:15:29 »
yah thats what i did, all mods r there and the BFE and bootleg files also in the same folder, did max install of ff7 but when i open bootleg short cut after the install it says "mode switching is not installed" and the options for new spells, scence redux and aries revival are greyed out....

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: 2012-02-06 14:26:27 »
Those mode options are only available if they are selected in BFE before running Bootleg.

To play in full  screen, you'll need to adjust the resolution to fit your screen.
Run Bootloader and select CONFIGURE to adjust the game resolution.

The music timing isn't flawless.  There are occasional delays and gaps of silence.
Often, the music won't start until after the first battle.

Tsuna

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
    • The home of Tsunamods
« Reply #761 on: 2012-02-06 15:33:49 »
Ok well i tried adjusting thje res on the config to the same size as my screen and it plays in full mode the edges are cut off on both sides for some reson, its only since i ran the bfe that this happened as it worked fine before

itx

• View Profile
« Reply #762 on: 2012-02-06 16:30:45 »
hello.

can someone explain me all the options in difficulty mode? I have no idea of ​​what each does

thx a lot

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #763 on: 2012-02-06 18:55:05 »
There's a short description of the mods in the Bootleg readme.
Also, in BFE select a mode and hover the mouse over the textbox to get a description.

itx

• View Profile
« Reply #764 on: 2012-02-06 21:44:08 »
Thx!

I have 2 problems for now:

- how i close the game without kill the process?

- i got a black border in the down part, but when i join into a battle the border dissapears and i can see the game perfect. im using 1360x768 fullscreen. how can i delete that border!

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #765 on: 2012-02-07 00:35:26 »
You can exit the game via the in game menu or with ALT+F4.

The black bar across the bottom of field screens is a known issue related to the OpenGL driver.
There is currently no fix.

Kranmer

• View Profile
« Reply #766 on: 2012-02-07 08:59:05 »
The black bar across the bottom of field screens is a known issue related to the OpenGL driver.
There is currently no fix.
The black bar has nothing to do with the OpenGL driver, it is a problem with the original game (if you run in software mode you will see its still there).
And it can be removed but that does create far more problems then it solves (i have tested this before, i may have even posted the screenshots i took at the time)

Tsuna

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
    • The home of Tsunamods
« Reply #767 on: 2012-02-07 15:21:16 »
Anyway to reduce lag? its rare but mainly during battle's. Its not a major thing but would be nice to remove it

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #768 on: 2012-02-07 16:08:19 »
Enable PBO to reduce lag.
Some older ATI video cards don't support PBO.

There is a slight delay when the game loads new scenes.
Enabling texture compression can reduce subsequent load times at the cost of visual fidelity.

Tsuna

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
    • The home of Tsunamods
« Reply #769 on: 2012-02-07 17:12:43 »
Enable PBO to reduce lag.
Some older ATI video cards don't support PBO.

There is a slight delay when the game loads new scenes.
Enabling texture compression can reduce subsequent load times at the cost of visual fidelity.

Sorted cheers man, your a genious, one other thing, with the ac barret model with his awseme gun. Can i have it so the gun doesnt change when i equip another weapon cuz im stuck with his gatling gun lol

strife98

• Global moderator
  • Doink!
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: 2012-02-08 22:10:15 »
So, there is a problem. I think I've done everything needed. I get two errors, one says: "You have an error in your config file, some options may not have been parsed."
And when I click OK another error comes up saying: "Error loading movie plugin, cannot continue."

I've completely uninstalled, and reinstalled Final Fantasy 7 and I get the same error each time, any solution?

Edit: Also when I play Final Fantasy 7 without the mods, the game starts but it doesn't run the video's. The squaresoft vid with the chocobo's doesn't show up at all, and when I start a new game the screen stays blank. No stars, no Aeris nothing.
« Last Edit: 2012-02-08 23:48:05 by strife98 »

Iecerint

• View Profile
« Reply #771 on: 2012-02-09 00:24:05 »
@ Strife, what are you doing to receive those errors?  Is it after a successful Bootleg installation, or in the midst of one?

I have a few lingering issues with my own installation:

1. During battle, 2 black bars appear in place of the ATB gauge (FFX-style menu).  I've tried looking up this issue, but the results are all about playing the game in widescreen vs. 4:3 resolution, so I haven't found any solutions.  I tried making a screenshot, but the resulting image is a black rectangle. O.o

Clarification: there are 2 black bars, there is no ATB gauge, there is no limit gauge, but the 2 black bars overlap with the name (e.g. "Ex-Soldier").

EDIT: I've figured this out.  Changing the OpenGL configuration "Break 9999 HP/MP" setting to "yes" messed up the Battle Menu.  Putting it back to "No" fixed everything, and it now looks BEAUTIFUL.  I...so happy... :D

2. If FMVs are skipped, FF7Music sometimes doesn't work.  Not clear on why this is.  Not a big deal, anyway.
« Last Edit: 2012-02-09 01:30:11 by Iecerint »

strife98

• Global moderator
  • Doink!
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: 2012-02-09 01:58:06 »
@ Strife, what are you doing to receive those errors?  Is it after a successful Bootleg installation, or in the midst of one?

After it successfully installs. I start up with the FF7 bootloader and it comes up with those errors.

Iecerint

• View Profile
« Reply #773 on: 2012-02-09 03:27:57 »
Hmm.  Did you notice any errors during the installation?  Maybe some of your movie .rar/zip files are incomplete?

I have a new issue with mine...upon opening the game again, no keyboard input seems to register for some reason.  I'm trapped at the New Game/Continue page.  Until now, I could use WASD, and the default was the arrow keys... O.o

EDIT: I resolved the issue by finding a differently-edited ff7input.cfg file and copying it over the existing one.  I have no idea why whatever happened happened.
« Last Edit: 2012-02-09 05:31:17 by Iecerint »

strife98

• Global moderator
  • Doink!
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: 2012-02-09 03:38:16 »
Well, I think it might be a problem before installing bootleg, but it only gives the error when I install bootleg...like when I start Final Fantasy 7 without bootleg, it starts up at least, but it doesn't play any videos like the squaresoft screen with the running chocobo's. I think that bootleg is actually putting an error with that problem instead of having it play without the scenes.