Author Topic: FFVII multiplayer mod  (Read 39087 times)

Guilkwe

• Brasil Fãns FFVII!!!
    • View Profile
FFVII multiplayer mod
« on: 2011-07-08 03:52:35 »
There is the possibility of making a multiplayer mod for Final Fantasy VII?
Anyone interested in the project send me a private message.

jeffdamann

• The ORIGINAL!
    • View Profile
Re: FFVII multiplayer mod
« Reply #1 on: 2011-07-08 08:52:01 »
Theres definitely a possibility if it were implemented like some console versions. Where second player made the second attack in a battle.

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #2 on: 2011-07-08 12:05:11 »
Is this a question of existence or statement offering a feature you want help developing? The inclusion of a question mark at the end of that declarative sentence makes the entire thing ambiguous. I suggest you go review the proper usage of a question mark and/or how to write a interrogative statement.

Tekkie.X

• Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011-07-08 12:42:41 »
Theres definitely a possibility if it were implemented like some console versions. Where second player made the second attack in a battle.

It was in FFIX yeah but wasn't exactly great.

It's plausible since IX did it out of the box, but actually doing it for VII, I have no knowledge of coding but it comes across a lot of work for something that might not even be possible.

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: 2011-07-08 12:48:38 »
What on earth would a multiplayer FF7 even look like?

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #5 on: 2011-07-08 13:11:56 »
What on earth would a multiplayer FF7 even look like?

I think a little like the multiplayer version of FF6. Different players control specific characters in-battle.

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #6 on: 2011-07-08 13:29:09 »
Ooh.

So, like vanilla, except crippled by communications issues?

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2011-07-08 15:20:47 »
FFIX had multiplayer? :-o

It would probably be really hard to implement.

Tekkie.X

• Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2011-07-08 17:20:57 »
Yeah, in the option for IX you could assign a 2nd pad for certain characters.

-Ric-

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2011-07-08 18:16:38 »
FFIX had multiplayer? :-o

It would probably be really hard to implement.

most final fantasies up to 6 had multiplayer, then it got skipped on 7-8 and bought back on ff9

was actualy cool.. on FF9 the 2nd controller would only work for specific (and pre-defined by players) characters in battle.
Menu, walking around etc was only for controller 1

on previous ones (at least on ff6) 2nd controller could also move on the world map but still no menu/walking in towns
« Last Edit: 2011-07-08 19:26:42 by -Ric- »

jeffdamann

• The ORIGINAL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2011-07-08 18:36:32 »
Me and my cousin played 2 player mode because we had only one system, so instead of watching each other play as we took turns, we played together.

Guilkwe

• Brasil Fãns FFVII!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2011-07-09 05:18:15 »
Is this a question of existence or statement offering a feature you want help developing? The inclusion of a question mark at the end of that declarative sentence makes the entire thing ambiguous. I suggest you go review the proper usage of a question mark and/or how to write a interrogative statement.

I still do not know use English correctly, I understand that but I want to help me develop a multiplayer mode in FFVII.

Do not use slang when communicating with a foreign language for only learned without them.

BloodShot

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2011-07-09 05:18:49 »
Couldn't you set up 2 gamepads, and replace the keyboard controls with the gamepad controls using Xpadder or something? That way, each player could take control and you could manually designate who is who in battle.

That, and you could always have one person use the keyboard and the other a gamepad. Sure, the other player can screw with you, but if he/she is reliable, you guys could switch whoever controls it and take turns running around when the other is tired.

Guilkwe

• Brasil Fãns FFVII!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2011-07-09 22:47:59 »
Couldn't you set up 2 gamepads, and replace the keyboard controls with the gamepad controls using Xpadder or something? That way, each player could take control and you could manually designate who is who in battle.

That, and you could always have one person use the keyboard and the other a gamepad. Sure, the other player can screw with you, but if he/she is reliable, you guys could switch whoever controls it and take turns running around when the other is tired.

Sure but this test should be done in that version of FFVII?
PSX or PC?

BloodShot

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2011-07-10 04:37:11 »
PC, I don't think PSX version has support for multiple inputs.

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
    • FFVII Lost Wing Mod/Hacks
« Reply #15 on: 2011-07-16 04:42:38 »
There are only 3 characters in battle.  Multiplayer would be Player 2 controlling 1 character, or 2, but then Player 1 only controls 1 character.  Sounds boring.

Player 1:  "I'm gonna use 4x-Cut/KOR/Ultima."
Player 2:  "Alrite, maybe I will get to attack next battle."

However, assuming someone could get the 2nd controller to work...what if Player 1 controlled the Party, and Player 2 controlled the enemies (even if P1 controlled 2 party members and P2 controlled an auto-manipulated enemy/enemies)?  That sounds awesome.  Doesn't sound like too much of a stretch for the collective wisdom of qhimm forums.

poofacetherisen

• My coffin smells...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2011-07-16 09:39:08 »
There are only 3 characters in battle.  Multiplayer would be Player 2 controlling 1 character, or 2, but then Player 1 only controls 1 character.  Sounds boring.

Player 1:  "I'm gonna use 4x-Cut/KOR/Ultima."
Player 2:  "Alrite, maybe I will get to attack next battle."

However, assuming someone could get the 2nd controller to work...what if Player 1 controlled the Party, and Player 2 controlled the enemies (even if P1 controlled 2 party members and P2 controlled an auto-manipulated enemy/enemies)?  That sounds awesome.  Doesn't sound like too much of a stretch for the collective wisdom of qhimm forums.

THAT is a good idea, if one were to pursue multiplayer...
But before anyone jumps on the bandwagon for this shouldn't we (or the coders) try finishing what they're doing now. I mean I'd like if I could mo-cap animations for battle/field/world map. And a bunch of other things that we have knowledge of, but shouldn't our priorities be in order?

Guilkwe

• Brasil Fãns FFVII!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2011-07-26 12:44:42 »
Okay, but when one appears free time, I think can be done a multiplayer mode.

theosiris2010

• I'm an a-hole supposedly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2011-08-14 04:31:11 »
Multiplayer for Final Fantasy VII would kind of throw off the game, but at the same time make it a million times funner. If your second player is a noob and he sucks, you can always smack 'em outside the head. Sweeper isn't that hard....

Guilkwe

• Brasil Fãns FFVII!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2012-03-18 06:42:06 »
anyone know how to do this mod?

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #20 on: 2012-03-18 12:31:33 »
There are three big barriers to this project:
- no-one knows what a multiplayer FFVII would even look like, and how well those concepts would translate into gameplay (see LostWing's objection above - he identifies a case where 'naive' multiplayer controls would create a poor mp experience)
- implementing something like that probably isn't feasible until we complete Q-Gears and then can do our work in high-level languages
- no-one has verified that there's enough demand in the world to make it worth the while

Even if we *did* clear those three problems, there's a _huge_ amount of analysis and design work to be done. That's really not trivial.
« Last Edit: 2012-03-18 12:33:53 by Bosola »

Tsuna

• Global moderator
  • Working together to create awesome things!
    • View Profile
    • The home of Tsunamods
« Reply #21 on: 2012-03-18 16:42:34 »
Hmm only thing i can contribute to ideas for this would be that if for example, system link option in the title screen which would bassically run the game along side the other player's but run on a different save folder. If we could find a way to create a script to play the barret part of the game whilst the other pc played the cloud part (being as they are the main people) it would mean creating a whole new story though but through another characters eye's. I did see at some stage someone was able to create there own FFVIII-2 so he has the knowledge of creating a new story if he will be intrested. When apart they run there own story's sepreratly, there own battle's with the team they have and gather the info that cloud is told in the game. I understand ALOT of work is nessesary but omg it would rule. It would help the fact that all 8 people running around at once in single player seems a little odd so it would make sense to have 2 teams. When together they can see each other running around and have there own encounters even if teamed together. Setting the bomb for example in the reactor requires both barret and cloud so if one isnt there then you cant load the script to do it so that's pretty much done itself. I dont know whether this massive idea is make belief and a waste but regardless id love to see it happen. Try not to critisize me too much lol

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #22 on: 2012-03-18 17:01:10 »
Hmm only thing i can contribute to ideas for this would be that if for example, system link option in the title screen which would bassically run the game along side the other player's but run on a different save folder. If we could find a way to create a script to play the barret part of the game whilst the other pc played the cloud part (being as they are the main people) it would mean creating a whole new story though but through another characters eye's. I did see at some stage someone was able to create there own FFVIII-2 so he has the knowledge of creating a new story if he will be intrested. When apart they run there own story's sepreratly, there own battle's with the team they have and gather the info that cloud is told in the game. I understand ALOT of work is nessesary but omg it would rule. It would help the fact that all 8 people running around at once in single player seems a little odd so it would make sense to have 2 teams. When together they can see each other running around and have there own encounters even if teamed together. Setting the bomb for example in the reactor requires both barret and cloud so if one isnt there then you cant load the script to do it so that's pretty much done itself. I dont know whether this massive idea is make belief and a waste but regardless id love to see it happen. Try not to critisize me too much lol

+1 support for different play views but it would be fun to create an online random multiplayer like mmos :D

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2012-03-18 17:02:49 »
The problem like always is the effort vs payoff.  I can see no reason people would slave away to add such a feature...

It may seem like it is easy?  I mean, you see all these wonderful tools pop up around the place and assume that there is nothing that can't be done in that length of time.  Sadly, that simply isn't how it works...

Coding something into the game that was not there originally is very difficult, especially using low level language.  If we had square source code, then yeah, sure, a whole heap of things would already be done I'd wager.

Tsuna

• Global moderator
  • Working together to create awesome things!
    • View Profile
    • The home of Tsunamods
« Reply #24 on: 2012-03-18 17:09:53 »
+1 support for different play views but it would be fun to create an online random multiplayer like mmos :D

Well random online -- EPIC but way too hard id say. Lets start a little smaller lol. If we had pure online mode then you could have up to like 8 people excluding aeris dieng lol. Only thing is they would either have to be all online at once OR someone that played it more than others would be stuck trying to finish the game when the other people aren't arriving to help. Lol stood at the notheren crater thinking selfish @~{}£"@ never shown up lol, looks like ill do this myself XD