Author Topic: FFVII multiplayer mod  (Read 39030 times)

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
Re: FFVII multiplayer mod
« Reply #25 on: 2012-03-18 17:15:19 »
Well random online -- EPIC but way too hard id say. Lets start a little smaller lol. If we had pure online mode then you could have up to like 8 people excluding aeris dieng lol. Only thing is they would either have to be all online at once OR someone that played it more than others would be stuck trying to finish the game when the other people aren't arriving to help. Lol stood at the notheren crater thinking selfish @~{}£"@ never shown up lol, looks like ill do this myself XD

lol I can early smell a million bugs yet on both!!!

Tsuna

• Global moderator
  • Working together to create awesome things!
    • View Profile
    • The home of Tsunamods
« Reply #26 on: 2012-03-18 17:20:03 »
Hmm just thought, granted making the different views would be solid to do, BUT if like me you have polayed game's that have the same coding method my example is neverwinter nights which has the EXACT same single/multiplayer story but you can both go of and complete seperate quests that all add together to all players meaning you then dont have to do the quests that they do for you. It is multi screen and have the same dialogs and same storyline. Would this not work very simular?

syntax error

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2012-03-18 19:58:29 »
You could get an MMORPG engine in C and rebuild the whole world as blender graphics and design it portable to older computers and phones, but thats a full-time job,not a mod.

Tsuna

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
    • The home of Tsunamods
« Reply #28 on: 2012-03-18 20:10:40 »
Could we not take out the scripts for a game that already has the ability to do this and use that to make ours?

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #29 on: 2012-03-19 12:21:21 »
most final fantasies up to 6 had multiplayer, then it got skipped on 7-8 and bought back on ff9

was actualy cool.. on FF9 the 2nd controller would only work for specific (and pre-defined by players) characters in battle.
Menu, walking around etc was only for controller 1

on previous ones (at least on ff6) 2nd controller could also move on the world map but still no menu/walking in towns

wait, all previous to 7 had multiplayer?? I know 9 had, but 6? FF1 - 6? I dunno about the remakes, but as I remember it none of them had.

Adding some sort of multiplayer to ff7 sounds very challenging. I can't imagine anyone doing it for free. Then again, you never know...

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #30 on: 2012-03-19 13:08:15 »
Anyone?

This would require a dedicated team. It would be a challenge even for a commercial outfit.

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2012-03-19 13:22:39 »
Too much work for so little gain really.

Are you sure you can't have a keyboard and a pad at the same time, giving it a 2player like feel?

Tsuna

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
    • The home of Tsunamods
« Reply #32 on: 2012-03-19 15:20:30 »
That is why i proposed a multi screen multiplayer rather than 2 on 1 pc, the controlls are far too hard for that

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2012-03-19 16:58:19 »
You can map keyboard to another joypad can't you?  There's a program out there that allows it.

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
    • FFVII Lost Wing Mod/Hacks
« Reply #34 on: 2012-03-19 17:25:40 »
I'm still thinking that a player versus player option utilizing some type of enemy control/manipulation would be the only worthwhile "multiplayer" FFVII mod.  Allowing for a 2nd input device would probably be necessary, but ppl already seem to have some ideas for that.  Think of the possibilities that would open up if someone were able to do this...with the right mods, you could have something very close to a Party vs Party option.  You know you all wanted to pit your Cloud, Cid, Barret, versus John Q's Cloud, Aeris, Yuffie.  Off course I'm getting ahead of myself and it has already been mentioned that nobody really has the spare resources to start a project like this.  Anyway, since it got revived for a day or two, figured I would add my 2 cents.

Assuming you did have 2 human beings sitting at a screen, one with a joypad and the other with a keyboard and this was functional...
could you rig the AI to have one of the characters in the player's party Auto-Manipulate one or all of the enemies?  If you use PrC to open up all a monster's abilities for use while Manipulated and to make all enemies able to be manipulated...well now you have:

"Player 1" has control of 2 characters in the party.

"Player 2" has control of 1 or more enemies.

FFVII Versus is born!

Hell, even without the Auto-Manipulate feature, if you made the proper changes to the scene.bin and you could get 2 controllers/keyboards working you could have Multiplayer Cloud & Friends, and if that got boring, you could just manipulate anything tough to try and kick you friends ass.  Of course, someone would have to figure out a way to make it so that Manipulate doesn't go away after getting physically attacked.  Idk...seems like this could be more feasible than anticipated
« Last Edit: 2012-03-19 17:38:32 by xLostWingx »

Tsuna

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
    • The home of Tsunamods
« Reply #35 on: 2012-03-21 00:37:10 »
That's me out then, i know to start small and work into the advancements cuz i know its hard. But i know im a little rushing here but i think it would be kinda boring tbh just having battles against each other would last like maybe 2 minutes max esspecially when its the ai vs the team. Plus its already biast im most sense's. I dont mean to bust the fun outta this but id much love to see the idea i posted before. Dont hate me lol i just wanna put the point out

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
    • FFVII Lost Wing Mod/Hacks
« Reply #36 on: 2012-03-21 02:19:36 »
Well at the very least I need to remember to test some things out.  You can use Proud Clod to design the enemies to have any stats and practically any ability that you want - controlling a buffed up Safer Sephiroth to attack your buddy's party sounds like fun to me. 

Grimmy

• Join in my tarnished light.
    • View Profile
    • GrimmyGames
« Reply #37 on: 2012-03-27 03:22:48 »
This is a little beside the point, but for those wanting a quick fix now for FFVII as a multiplayer game there are a few options.

The Midgar Mod for JKA is an excellent online multiplayer hack and slash style game.
http://www.ff7online.net/category/midgar-v3-0/
You will find me online playing this from time to time. It is hosted by FF7online so I do thank them for that.

The most excellent Avalanche game by our former member Mr. Adults also supports multiplayer, but i don't think it is online. At least not in anyway I've ever experienced.
http://www.ff7online.net/category/avalanche/

A MMORG style of FFVII could be done as a mod to the original game or by redoing it in any other engine. The real problem is how are you gonna pay for it.

BloodShot

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2012-03-27 22:22:29 »
I remember seeing that JA FF7 mod but I didn't realize that was multiplayer. How does that work, and how did they get such large levels into the Q3 engine?

Also, there isn't a "classic" Cloud model is there, instead of the AC one?

Grimmy

• Join in my tarnished light.
    • View Profile
    • GrimmyGames
« Reply #39 on: 2012-03-28 02:57:26 »
I remember seeing that JA FF7 mod but I didn't realize that was multiplayer. How does that work?

Well you install JKA and all the mods from that link. Then sign on to the server (midgar v3.0 by ff7online is the name off the top of my head) and run around and kill people. There are always at least 4 bots, so if no one is online the bots are there to kick your ass. Not sure about the original style cloud. I don't think so, just AC style.

Guilkwe

• Brasil Fãns FFVII!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2012-04-04 17:55:56 »
This is a little beside the point, but for those wanting a quick fix now for FFVII as a multiplayer game there are a few options.

The Midgar Mod for JKA is an excellent online multiplayer hack and slash style game.
http://www.ff7online.net/category/midgar-v3-0/
You will find me online playing this from time to time. It is hosted by FF7online so I do thank them for that.

The most excellent Avalanche game by our former member Mr. Adults also supports multiplayer, but i don't think it is online. At least not in anyway I've ever experienced.
http://www.ff7online.net/category/avalanche/

A MMORG style of FFVII could be done as a mod to the original game or by redoing it in any other engine. The real problem is how are you gonna pay for it.

You got it wrong, I want a way for two players on the same team see the picture:

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #41 on: 2012-04-04 18:51:08 »
Well, what are you going to do about it?

Guilkwe

• Brasil Fãns FFVII!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2012-04-04 21:55:16 »
Well, what are you going to do about it?

the means to do?

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2012-04-05 00:41:39 »
You can't have more than one player at the same time. Period. I'm not going into details, but even for someone like Aali it would be nearly impossible.

Costa07

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2012-04-05 02:30:13 »
doesn't final fantasy 9 on ps have a 2nd player option? But even if so happened to manage a way to do so it would suck to have to use the same keyboard or even PC to play multiplayer.

PH03N1XFURY

• Team Tianix IF ITS THERE WE'LL FIND IT
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2012-04-05 07:31:07 »
this mod will never happen ever you would have to completely break down and then rebuild the game from code it would take dozens of teams working around the clock to pull this off which would take years anyway multiplayer just wouldnt work with ff7 i know first thought is it would be great but it wouldnt not with this game just think about it when i 1st player decides to goto the golden saucer and play the mini games what would the 2nd player do wait for 2 hour for player 1 to get bored same go for when your there in the main game also when your in clouds dream and parts at nibelheim when its just player 1 running around as for the vs mode that wouldnt work either as you only need to keep doing your strongest move as the enemy take emerald weapon for example all you need to do is stamp on them a couple on times and its over keep doing this over and over then player 1 doesnt want to play anymore and you would get bored waiting for the other player to make there move plus who has the money to host the game 24/7

if this was for something like ff12 it would work great as its as an engine that could be worked with as its an open battle field and freedom of movement and positioning but yet again the time it would take and the money to run it

syntax error

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2012-04-05 10:59:04 »
if you write a simple FF VII MMORPG you should give the players a Avalanche/Cosmo Canyon guy
on a materia hunt not a FF VII character.
Just code a 2d prototype in php or java and  later switch to something in c using opengl and semi realistic physics for events like snowboarding or the gold saucer park.

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #47 on: 2012-04-05 12:00:34 »
'Just', he says.

PH03N1XFURY

• Team Tianix IF ITS THERE WE'LL FIND IT
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2012-04-05 12:45:31 »
'Just', he says.
lol

if you write a simple FF VII MMORPG you should give the players a Avalanche/Cosmo Canyon guy
on a materia hunt not a FF VII character.
Just code a 2d prototype in php or java and  later switch to something in c using opengl and semi realistic physics for events like snowboarding or the gold saucer park.
it not like putting lego to together ya know

Guilkwe

• Brasil Fãns FFVII!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2012-04-05 13:25:31 »
this mod will never happen ever you would have to completely break down and then rebuild the game from code it would take dozens of teams working around the clock to pull this off which would take years anyway multiplayer just wouldnt work with ff7 i know first thought is it would be great but it wouldnt not with this game just think about it when i 1st player decides to goto the golden saucer and play the mini games what would the 2nd player do wait for 2 hour for player 1 to get bored same go for when your there in the main game also when your in clouds dream and parts at nibelheim when its just player 1 running around as for the vs mode that wouldnt work either as you only need to keep doing your strongest move as the enemy take emerald weapon for example all you need to do is stamp on them a couple on times and its over keep doing this over and over then player 1 doesnt want to play anymore and you would get bored waiting for the other player to make there move plus who has the money to host the game 24/7

if this was for something like ff12 it would work great as its as an engine that could be worked with as its an open battle field and freedom of movement and positioning but yet again the time it would take and the money to run it

To perform such a way, I need to rebuild the whole game?