ff7ddraw will come with some mandatory fixes - and some that only The Reunion needed. So far, the mandatory fixes are:
1. Field Game Over. The original PC version only sets the music volume to 127 and
does nothing else. I have rewritten the function to stop all sound effects and play the
Game Over music.
2. World Map markers (colours were wrong).
3. World Map map position.
4. Bug (being able to see the end of the world map texture) caused by sharp turn Highwind fixed.
5. Highwind square button to move anywhere disabled.
6. Field opcode 5C added. Missing from PC version originally.
7. HextLaunch functionality added automatically. Much easier to customize to specific mods also.
8. Encounter rate fixed by NFITC1
9. Music Lock operation fixed.
10. Opening FMV timing to Barrett's arm moving fixed.
11. Bug. Enemy models resized after death. Fixed.
12. Sense Limit increased to 65535.
13. Help menu in battle will not repeatedly open and close when Select is held.
14. Bug. Enemy models resized when placed in Minimum status and then killed. Fixed.
15. Fort Condor: game can be sped up further than before.
16. Select will not pause the Fort Condor minigame. Only Start.
17. Cursor fix in Swap Menu by Dziugo
18. Field centred. I may expand this to add borders correctly to all modules, like PSX,
but that might be overkill.
19. Screen transitions are faster.
20. The Reunion only: Quit menu removed.
1. Frame Limiter and speed control and FMV skip (1x, 2x, 4x, 8x) (forced
when using The Reunion). I am hoping to expand my own function to every
module, but this may be a problem since Aali's driver has taken over G-Bike,
Coaster, Snowboard, and Battle Swirl. I'll look into bypassing it in favour of mine.
Field (30), World Map (30), Battle (15 or 60 depending on if 60fps battles enabled),
Menu (60), Chocobo (30), Fort Condor (30), Credits (60), Game Over (60)
Are all fixed. No original code is used - it's all mine. This does mean that Ochu
won't be able to change fps with this option enabled, but speed control makes
that redundant anyway. Speed up is now Select + Square (it will return to 1x after 8x).
2. Second confirmation in battle menu.
3. When using 1, or The Reunion: All timers/counters are frame based -
including main game timer. Very accurate compared to original, since new frame
limiter is also very accurate.
4. Audio replacement mod. Almost finished. Replaces all music and SFX with OGG -
including the "wav" effects (like wind.wav). Also adds Tempo operation without
affecting pitch. Akao fade function added. Akao completely replaced. All battle
sound effect calls replaced. Because this is a full replacement, many bugs have been
fixed - including missing sound effects (like Cloud's Omnislash), and effects not
playing again after battle has ended.
To - Do
1. Make credits screen behave like the PSX version.
2. Finish making ogg files from PSX SFX.
3. See if the colouring can be fixed. The world map stands out like a sore thumb compared to PSX. Something is very very wrong here.
4. See if I can add in return to credits with PSXFF7 reset from any module - rather than current fix forcing Game Over from 2 modules.