holu_2: Holzov has been corrected so that you can no longer talk to him from below. This is a limiation in the engine that occurs elsewhere - the Z value is not taken into account with the talk script - so you actually have to check the Z axis of the character (or triangle if possible) and compare it to the level the object is on.
yufy2: Control panel could only be accessed while not facing it. Can now only be accessed while facing it and nearer to it.
lastmap: Ilducci has created a new map (I have called it lastmap2 and added it to flevel) which does not have the background. This means I can make the ending scene look like PSX version.
- Shadows in battle are rendered wrong and their opacity doesn't faint out to the edges
Did Aali ever address why this happens or attempt a fix?
- the light is wrong rendered on the field scene models (probably turned along the x axis)
I can't fix it and it's probably due to broken KAWAI/graphic function.
- the stereo sound seems only to have 3 channels (left - middle - right) - needs confirmation
Are you saying that in battle this is true? And it wasn't in PSX? It may be intended. The sound function most certainly does work with proper panning, 0 (left), 64 (centre), 127 (right). It works for the full range in field and should in battle also - unless they chose to only have 3 values used there.
- Leviathan's wave splash sound is missing
This goes along with other issues with the sound in battle... there are a lot of them! I also recall sound effects are sometimes audible even when the sound effect bar in Config is set to 0.
- field models have a mouth which isn't present in the psx (as Dan said with a correct fix this might be not an unimprovement)
Fixed thanks to Sega Chief.
-> Barrets chibi model has missing faces on the ears
Ears on the face?
-> Cid's chibbi model has a missing face on his jaw
Jaw on face?
-> Vincents Turk model is mixed with different colored parts
- Something is wrong with the layers of the last field map
I am working on that at this very minute. Spy__Dragon has tried to fix it, Myst6re has tried, and now Ilducci has created me a new field which I hope to work around this issue with. The underlying issue with layers remains and affects fr_e map also.
- The objects on the world map aren't in line with the world mesh and go down earlier when moving away from them
I doubt I can fix. Perhaps JWP or NFITC1?
- the *Shine* shader is different then on PSX
Due to broken KAWAI.
- NPC's have no own blink texture for the closed eyes and use the one from Cloud's instead
Can this cause issues?
- the famous w-item bug