Author Topic: Missing FF7 Save Files  (Read 4149 times)

billybndk

Missing FF7 Save Files
« on: 2012-09-01 02:32:35 »
Afternoon All,

I've got the new version of FF7 that Square Enix just released. I'll openly say that I got it through alternative means because the company in their infinite wisdom won't let users in Oz or NZ purchase it, I can't get any emu to work and my Playstation is busted.

The game runs fine, but there's no save files. I can't even create one when I get to a save point. Tried using Black Chocobo to create a save file, but I don't know what the file path for save games would be.

Pretty frustrated.

omega res novae

• previously known as squall8cloud7
    • View Profile
    • omegas mods google docs
Re: Missing FF7 Save Files
« Reply #1 on: 2012-09-01 02:38:55 »
rule number one and top of the list this forum doesnt support or condone piracy. we also dont support pirates. but i will in just this one instance.

chances are you cant create a save because you pirated the game and something is jacked up. enjoy your new avatar

edit
ps changing your name wont hide your post or make it look like someone elses
« Last Edit: 2012-09-01 03:06:10 by omega res novae »

Saintyweb

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012-09-03 05:27:49 »
Hm, can't you buy a 2012 FF7 via psstore? And why?

Upd: Square-enix store, sorry :-)
« Last Edit: 2012-09-03 05:39:10 by Saintyweb »

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012-09-03 05:44:32 »
I'll openly say that I got it through alternative means because the company in their infinite wisdom won't let users in Oz or NZ purchase it, I can't get any emu to work and my Playstation is busted.
Here's the thing. Site rules are site rules, regardless of whether you have an excuse.

The game runs fine, but there's no save files. I can't even create one when I get to a save point.
Congratulations, you've run into a problem that will ONLY occur on the new release, and ONLY if it's pirated. As per site policy, we cannot help you with this.

Hm, can't you buy a 2012 FF7 via psstore? And why?

Upd: Square-enix store, sorry :-)
Square-Enix doesn't have an online store for Australia or New Zealand, just a redirect to some other store that only sells collectibles, figurines, etc.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #4 on: 2012-09-03 05:47:59 »
It's not even because it's pirated
it's because people are too fucking stupid to use their pirated games the right way

omega res novae

• previously known as squall8cloud7
    • View Profile
    • omegas mods google docs
« Reply #5 on: 2012-09-03 05:50:32 »
i wish there was a like button on here