Author Topic: Message from a Fan  (Read 5786 times)

arew264

• View Profile
Message from a Fan
« on: 2008-08-07 18:16:36 »
I stumbled onto this project... somehow. I was researching Voices of the Lifestream, I believe. I found a forum topic calling for people willing to serve as voice artists for this project.
I'm not a voice artist, unfortunately, and I've learned from a past experience that I... suck at it. I am a programmer though, and if you need any help there, I would be willing to pitch in. I don't really know anything about modding FF7, but I could learn.
Anyway, now on the fan part.
I sincerely hope this project reaches it's conclusion, I believe what you're doing is completely worthwhile and I wish you the best of luck. Final Fantasy VII, in my opinion, is one of the best games ever made, not because of the graphics or the music (though it is quite good considering the limitations of MIDI), but because the plot line and characters could easily make an excellent novel. When the interactivity that a game provides is added to these, the effect is a game that has lasted years past those around it, and that will remain popular for years to come.
With this project, you're adding a whole new level of immersion to the plotline and characters, and when this project is complete, I have no doubt that the Final Fantasy VII experience will be drastically changed for the better.

This may already seem obvious to you, but I'm posting it because I'm being driven mad by the responses to the casting call topics on various forums. This project deserves respect, and I'm sure that when you finish, you will receive it.

JordieBo

• View Profile
Re: Message from a Fan
« Reply #1 on: 2008-08-09 17:14:54 »
What forum's are those?
Thank you for your support, since the start we've worked extremely hard and there is so much more work to do!
I'd like to see some of the other guys who are dissing the project come and run this!

arew264

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008-08-09 17:26:09 »
I'm pretty sure I saw a topic on the ocremix forums.
And yes, people seem to have little appreciation for a project this ambitious.

JordieBo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008-08-09 18:04:52 »
Quote from: Maco70
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say this is one of those projects doomed to fail.
From a member at the OCRemix Forums
Hm. Well we will have to show them they are wrong!

Graycascade

« Reply #4 on: 2008-08-10 22:27:11 »
Honestly, I don't think he meant it as an insult...the OCR forums have seen an enormous number of projects started but never finished.  He is simply choosing not to get his hopes up.

I really haven't seen too much negative input on the project ('course, I really haven't seen any input yet, but we'll just have to wait and see).

(Edited for atrocious grammar)

*:.Griever.:*

• Formerly Tidus_Lionheart
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008-08-10 22:38:01 »
Ahh, someone who actually reads the rules here.  Nice :-)
As for the OCR person, I think he might have just been looking at it sensibly, I'm sure we're all looking forward to the Voice Project, and obviously hoping it succeeds, but there's always set-backs with these things, and something of this caliber may unfortunately endure a failure.

Not being negative, just realistic.  Although I really do hope it is seen through to completion, as it will improve FF7 remarkably.