Author Topic: I been wondering...  (Read 11980 times)

lil-juice-09

• View Profile
I been wondering...
« on: 2008-08-08 22:11:29 »
I know a lot of you are working on the FF7 Voice-Over project and you all have found a lot of voice cast. I was wondering what are the names of the voice-actors who will voice the characters on the project? If you can tell me, can you give me a list of voice-actors' names (or their usernames if they have one) along with their characters they will be voicing? Thank you!

JordieBo

• View Profile
Re: I been wondering...
« Reply #1 on: 2008-08-08 23:05:39 »
I only know a few but.

Me - Wedge [I always go by the same name.]
Kay_Space/KaySpace - Scarlet
Berri/Jack.O.Lantern - Aerith/Yuffie/Marlene
Mesden - Tseng [I think]

lil-juice-09

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008-08-09 01:39:22 »
I thought you all found a voice actor for Sephiroth who sounds close to George Newbern?

Marc

• I hear Voices ... in my head
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008-08-09 02:27:21 »
I don't have all the names but out of memory (someone correct me if I make a mistake) :

Aeris : Jack.o.Lantern
Barret : pumpinicky (ok I know I spelled that wrong)
Biggs : Bruno
Caith Sith : pumpinicky (i think)
Cid : pumpinicky
Cloud : Flavio
Dio : pumpinicky
Don Corneo : Marcis (me)
Godo : STILL OPEN - JAPANESE SPEAKING DEEP VOICED PERSON NEEDED
Heidegger : filled but forgot by whom
Hojo :  filled but forgot by whom.  Was really great too.
Jessie : Opine
Johnny : filled but forgot by whom
Lucrecia :  filled but forgot by whom
Marlene : Jack.O.Lantern
President Shinra : pumpinicky
Red XII : Revenile
Reeve : Mesden
Rufus : ice_cold
Scarlet :  KaySpace
Sephiroth : Calaverra
Shera : STILL OPEN
Tifa : filled but I don't know by whom
Tseng : filled but forgot by whom
Vincent : filled but forgot by whom
Wedge : JordieBo
Yuffie : Jack.O.Lantern

I'm certain I forgot characters but I don't have the credits in front of me.

There is also a great deal of one liners left.

JordieBo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008-08-09 17:11:32 »
Vixanna is Lucrecia

Cyberman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008-08-10 17:06:46 »
In this day and age it might be wise not to give out such information.
I am wary of anyone asking for information like this.
The only people who need this type of information are those coordinating the project and to an extent those involved in the work.
This is an era of paralyzing through intimidation, lawyers, and just plain sick people, you need to guard your identity just like your life.

Keep in mind some people aren't as altruistic in there endeavors, as can be witnessed by the daily tally of world events.  Not saying be paranoid but be careful.

Cyb

JordieBo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008-08-10 18:59:52 »
The only people who need this type of information are those coordinating the project and to an extent those involved in the work.
This is an era of paralyzing through intimidation, lawyers, and just plain sick people, you need to guard your identity just like your life.

Keep in mind some people aren't as altruistic in there endeavors, as can be witnessed by the daily tally of world events.  Not saying be paranoid but be careful.

Cyb

What? If that where the case then this should be an Anonymous forum, cause we are giving out our username everytime we post. You cannot find out somebodies identity just by their username as usernames are generally fiction and have no connection to the members actual identity.

« Reply #7 on: 2008-08-10 19:10:26 »
Agreed that it doesn't make much sense to give out the information at this point, but I don't think any legal types will pay much attention to this unless it's obviously (1) producing results and (2) going somewhere they don't want to allow.

hothead50

« Reply #8 on: 2008-08-10 19:14:17 »
The only people who need this type of information are those coordinating the project and to an extent those involved in the work in sick people, you need to guard your identity just like your life.

Cyb

Wait, what. What is someone going to do with a username. If someones name was in it then thats just stupid and they shouldnt have done it in the first place, but with just a username you can't do anything, try typing mine into google one of the first links is a lesbian terrorist comic book character, seriously try it. :wink:

*WOOT first post*
« Last Edit: 2008-08-10 19:15:48 by hothead50 »

*:.Griever.:*

• Formerly Tidus_Lionheart
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008-08-10 22:42:53 »
The only people who need this type of information are those coordinating the project and to an extent those involved in the work in sick people, you need to guard your identity just like your life.

Cyb
Wait, what. What is someone going to do with a username.

First off, welcome to the forums. :-)
Secondly, if you'll look in the bottom right hand corner of each post you make, you'll notice there is a little "Logged".

That's your IP address being logged, so I'm sure if anyone smart enough wanted to, they could easily hack the forums, get each IP address, corresponding to each username, and track through the details given in registration (which I assume are stored).

Not saying it's happening or anything, just an idea of what could happen, if any people did want to find out identies.  Keep in mind, in this day and age, there are untold ways of getting peoples details through the smallest of means.

JordieBo

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008-08-10 22:49:36 »

Cyb
Wait, what. What is someone going to do with a username.

First off, welcome to the forums. :-)
Secondly, if you'll look in the bottom right hand corner of each post you make, you'll notice there is a little "Logged".

That's your IP address being logged, so I'm sure if anyone smart enough wanted to, they could easily hack the forums, get each IP address, corresponding to each username, and track through the details given in registration (which I assume are stored).

Not saying it's happening or anything, just an idea of what could happen, if any people did want to find out identies.  Keep in mind, in this day and age, there are untold ways of getting peoples details through the smallest of means.

So if this IS true then it doesn't matter if you post someones username cause there will be no logged button everytime you post a username.

*:.Griever.:*

• Formerly Tidus_Lionheart
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008-08-10 23:12:23 »
If you post someones username, it's easy enough to click that little search button you see up on the left. ;-)

Anyway, point is, I'm sure no one is doing this.  End of.

JordieBo

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008-08-11 00:54:10 »
Okay, just to say one thing. You can change your I.P. to say your somewhere your not. My old one used to say I was in Manhatten!

Marc

• I hear Voices ... in my head
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008-08-11 00:58:18 »

Cyb

While I understand what you mean, the names are going to be in the credits at the end of the project anyway (hence accessible by everyone) and the names had already been posted in the previous thread so if somebody wanted that information, they would already have it.

I however, can edit my post to remove the names of everyone, or of particular individuals that wish it.  Just PM me if you wish your name taken down from the list.

Cyberman

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008-08-11 02:45:40 »
LOL I wasn't intending to create a hysterical outcry.
Just keep your wits about you! (IE be innocent not naive)

Also just reminding you there are some real wacko's out there.

Marcis probably the best way of handling it, however they want to be credited etc.

Have fun with the project people. :D

Cyb

lil-juice-09

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008-08-11 19:49:12 »
Thank you for answering my question. But I got another question to ask you all. I know Godo is opened for audition, but why do you need Godo to speak Japanese also if FF7 you all dubbing voices on is in English?

Cause I think I can voice him. I think I can audition for him.
« Last Edit: 2008-08-11 20:05:30 by lil-juice-09 »

JordieBo

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008-08-11 21:37:25 »
Thank you for answering my question. But I got another question to ask you all. I know Godo is opened for audition, but why do you need Godo to speak Japanese also if FF7 you all dubbing voices on is in English?

Cause I think I can voice him. I think I can audition for him.

Because Wutai is supposed to be Asiany.

lil-juice-09

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008-08-11 22:02:58 »
Oh. If it meant for speaking Japanese, then I can't audition for it cause I don't know any Japanese language. If you want to find somebody who is willing to audition for Godo and know how to speak Japanese, you should go on YouTube and post a video regarding the audition for Godo with details so it can help you find the voice actor for Godo. I know you can find someone who know how to speak Japanese with a deep voice on YouTube. I ain't saying I won't do it. I will do it if I know Japanese language but I just don't. Sorry...

Calavera

« Reply #18 on: 2008-08-12 01:26:30 »
I've been told I make a convincing old Japanese man, but I haven't had much free time to practice the voice or work on my Japanese...still, there's plenty of time before Wutai comes up  :-P

Feel free to audition for the part, maybe with some work you can pull it off.

lil-juice-09

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008-08-12 01:45:01 »
But I can't speak Japanese. But still, can I audition?