Author Topic: Kuroda Masahiro's mini mods (Requests closed) Latest: Rock Harmony hair and eyes  (Read 65087 times)

xenokain

• View Profile
I like that,giving them more personality. Its a good idea giving each character a certain set of spells.

If the game is made harder it would be a nice change.

Kuroda Masahiro

• Stopped modding FF7.
    • View Profile
If you want to have a sneak peek of the basic theme you'll see in the new intro for Zyzz, here's a similar video to look at.

Part 1 and Part 2

xenokain

• View Profile
Im watching the videos right now actually.  Those clouds aren't part of the game right? The girl in pink stands out most of all. lol.

The dialogue sure has humor

"look at Mr cool over here"

5:03 random shopping.lol

6:00 early fight. Is this a boss?

Noticed Malachi is already using an earth spell xD

This intro looks great. Lots of differences that aren't in the original game.

Kuroda Masahiro

• Stopped modding FF7.
    • View Profile
You NEED the shop, and since there's no materia anymore, you get 1500 gil from where we would have found the Restore materia, and you are supposed to head back and you MUST buy a spidersilk, at least 2 physical barrier items and as many potions as you can.

The first time we fight him, he has the same stats as the Guardian Scorpion, and the next time, he has 1.5 times stats in almost everything, so without the spidersilk, he WILL get 2 hits every turn and deal almost double damage, so you need to be in the back row and hit him with as many normal attacks, grenades and normal spells you have, and it's more of a battle of endurance than anything.

600: yes, that's a boss, another video has the actual field model in it, but at the time, I was too lazy to put all the models into the first video.

xenokain

• View Profile
I see. You definitely made it a challenge then  ;D

Kuroda Masahiro

• Stopped modding FF7.
    • View Profile
Alright, I have a mini update.

In terms of game content, I incorporated everyone's materia (Still working on the learning tree, but it goes something like this:

Zyzz
8AP - Dia
40AP - Tera
100AP - Cover and Counter Attack (10%)
200AP - HP and Defence Up
700AP - Strength and MP Up
1100AP - Cover and Counter Attack Up (30%)
1200AP - HP and Defence Up
1700AP - Strength and MP Up
2100AP - Cover and Counter Attack Up (50%)
2200AP - HP and Defence Up
2700AP - Strength and MP Up
3100AP - Cover and Counter Attack Up (70%)
3200AP - HP and Defence Up
3700AP - Strength and MP Up
5000AP - Cover and Counter Attack Up (30%)
5000AP - HP and Defence Up
5000AP - Strength and MP Up

In short, All i really worked out was when we get new stat increases, it's difficult to properly calibrate when we get new abilities because I don't want them too early, but not too late, and the way I'm calibrating them basically requires you to exclusively use said character up until that point.

Also, while I'm making the game harder, I'm also making AP MUCH harder to get, used to be that we get say... 2AP or 6AP per enemy, in most cases, it's down to 1 or 2 AP, except for bosses, which are always a steady 100AP, so you really need to consider who you want to take part in each boss, in terms of who is lacking in abilities, as well as what the boss is weak against.

for instance, we might have a long range encounter, so straight off, you'd consider Zyzz, Barret and Gazz, however, the boss is weak against Fire, so we want Nanaki in the fight, and the boss himself is strong against Lightning, with armoured defenses, so we can make the team something like this: Zyzz, Nanaki and Vincent.

Zyzz because he needs to be there, and he is built like a tank; able to defend from physical attacks and punish the enemies, he can get double or quadruple attacks (2 or 4 physical, or 1 magic and 1 physical) as well as offering basic healing spells makes him a valuable party member in any circumstance.

Nanaki has fire, which is good for the enemy, but some of his attacks have the chance of breaking through the armoured enemies, as well as having a unique spell called Bloodlust, which puts him in a stat where he has Haste, Shell, Protect and Berserk on himself, the effects of this lasts for around 3 minutes or until it's healed, but it can only be used on himself. (When berserked, he cuts through armoured enemies.)

Vincent has dark magic, which allows him to inflict heavy damage and blind enemies (...Which I think is bugged and doesn't actually change accuracy?) as well as having spells that are guaranteed to break through defences, coupled with his gun, making him long distance.

Although, if Yuffie wasn't used much and she's around 120 or so before getting her next ability, it might be good to use her, because most bosses have either respawning enemies, or have enemies leading up to them.

Also, you likely didn't notice this from the video...

But the first battle is also a 'test', you have no spells, no special abilities, armed with 3 potions and 1 grenade, and you're up against 2 wolves, 1 MP in the back row and a Soldier 3rd Class in the front row.

However, the enemy placement made the Soldier be the LAST one on the list, so if you just hold down the attack button, he'll be the last one to even be hit, and the wolves are able to howl to completely revive it's fallen wolf brother, which is done 3 turns later, so you want to carefully manage the fight, if you don't kill the wolves quick enough, they'll infinitely respawn, and I set them up to take 4 hits to die.

So you want to get them both down to either 1 or 2 hits, but if you neglect to take care of the Soldier 3rd class, he WILL mess you up, he has (weakened) 2nd tier spells, which can take around 1/5 to 1/3 of your HP, and the MP in the back row will continue to just shoot yo every turn, it doesn't hit that hard, but it adds up.

So you want to handle that fight by killing the Soldier 3rd class (1 grenade and 1 attack will kill him, otherwise you need 5 normal attacks, which point will leave you completely massacred) and then weaken the wolves and kill them, before finishing the MP off.

At which point, you'll learn the Dia spell, which will heal you for around 70% HP at early levels, so it's invaluable to have, but Zyzz doesn't get alot of MP until around level 12.

And I set it up so that the first time you fight the boss, all you really have is Dia and (maybe) a few grenades if you got lucky and they dropped from enemies and anything you were able to buy from Wedge just before the boss.

I strategically placed the shop there y'know. ;)

However, the save point isn't until AFTER said boss, so that itself is aother test, but if you can pass him, then you have earned the first elemental spell, which makes the early portion much easier, but you'll also have to choose carefully between healing and using offensive spells, since you cannot buy anything to restore MP at all, and you really need all the MP you can get for the boss.

I may add a tent to his stock so you can be at full strength for the real boss, and this by itself is harder by the fact you're solo as opposed to having both Cloud and Barret at this point.

xenokain

• View Profile
Those stat increases would work. How would you determine what spell would be activated at what point?

That first battle sounds like it could go on forever with the wolves healing each other. I'd definitely try to take out the Soldier 3rd class before anyone else.

I was wondering why the shop was there so early and never realized the possibility of a stronger 1st boss waiting for you.lol. Woulda ran straight to the boss like "I can take him".

Kuroda Masahiro

• Stopped modding FF7.
    • View Profile
Basically the way I'm doing it is like this:

I'm looking at how many bosses, mini bosses and roughly how many battles we'll do in each area, and from there, I think about what we physically need to continue through there.

Ie, the tutorial needs healing magic and some kind of offensive spell, so we get the healing one after the first trial, as it's a prerequisite to take on the boss, but to take down the other enemies, we need offensive magic as well as the boss, who is much weaker to magic than physical damage.

However, from there...

We kill 2 guardians (120AP) we'll get roughly 50AP for that section, as well as having a forced encounter with soldiers, which will give us 24AP at which point Barret and Tifa will join, so their materia begins at 214AP.

Then we kill the Air Buster (100ap) and kill enemies in a longer section,  but enemies in that area will start to be able to poison us, so we need to get Poisumi, and that's why we earn that one at 300AP as that is a little ways into that area, and when we get it, we'll be grateful for not needing to carry 99 antidotes.

But what I'm doing is that process, but for all 9 characters pretty much, and making allowances for if you favored one thief over the other, etc.

(Tifa is a 'Thief' class, while Yuffie is the 'Ninja', which means she has a far greater emphasis on speed, as well as high tier stealing skills.)

So on and so forth, which is also complicated as I need to calculate roughly how much AP each person should have, and from there, when they'll get abilities.

I am making allowances though, in the final area of the game, we have 3 penultimate boss fights, and those enemies will allow everyone in the party to completely max out their abilities for the final battle, since we need to use all 8 of them.

xenokain

• View Profile
By the time we get past the Air Buster looks like they will have a good amount of AP. Having Poisumi is much easier than having antidotes. Im guessing only 1 character will learn Poisumi and this will be the healer so to speak.

By the way did you figure out what was causing the white eyes and mouth on some of the characters?

Kuroda Masahiro

• Stopped modding FF7.
    • View Profile
The way I'm working it out, the absolute highest AP we need to max the characters out is 5000AP.

In terms of bosses, you'll have 2800AP if you don't take part in ANY of the random encounters or sidequests, but from minibosses, we always get 20AP, and a mini boss is something like the first Guardian encounter, or a NPC standing alone in the desert, he's entirely optional, but if you beat him, you'll get 20AP for your trouble, and in terms of how hard that guy is, you'll be better off just killing random mooks.

And the last time I was calculating what we needed and how many AP we would have had was easier, since that was for a 2 character mod, everyone else just joined briefly for a few fights as a guest.

But I'm coming up with that we need, yay.

And I am currently deeply depressed, again. I probably won't work much on it today, and I need to clean up my house.

xenokain

• View Profile
Will there be some boss that's super difficult to beat like ruby/emerald? I know you are making it challenging as it is but just wondering if you ever got the idea to make an enemy that takes like 2 hours to beat or something.

Ya its hard to do stuff when you are depressed. Unless you got that zyzz mindset and life is a party xD

Kuroda Masahiro

• Stopped modding FF7.
    • View Profile
(Looks in the dark corner of the FF7 mod, there's a dimly lit cage with a horrible abomination with red eyes rattling the cage, the air is colder simply by his presence and he darkly mouths "Let me out.")

...I can't say for certain that I have any super bosses planned.  ;)

I tell a lie, I have 11 of them planned, all are optional, but are basically the same level as the Ruby weapon, but need entirely different strategies to beat.

If you want a run down of them...
All of them are in 2 stage battles btw.

Mammon, Belphegor, Leviathan, Satan, Asmodeus, Baal, Lucifer, Malachi and Crystal, Kao Ka, Nova, and a certain demon from a certain corpse city known as R'lyeh. >:D

The way that the first 7 goes is that they're in a human form, then transform into their true form.
Malachi and Crystal is intended to play out like Ornstein and Smough from Dark Souls. (They're reasonably easy going, but depending on which you defeat first, the other goes Hulk and changes dramatically, like the Lost Number boss.)
Kao Ka changes between different 'modes', and in each state, he is healed by his current elemental affinity, he can dish out the absolute strongest spells and attacks in the game, and beating him is a matter of learning his different modes and responding accordingly.
Nova acts similar to Kao Ka, except he focuses more on summoning monsters, his battle is alot like the Demi-Fiend one in Digital Devil Saga 1, which is one of the absolute hardest bosses in any videogame.
And good ol' Cthulhu... I will not spoil what he does. He is truly a nightmare.

xenokain

• View Profile
Sounds like a lot of bosses. Cant wait to see how this turns out. Im very excited :D

I always thought the game was a little too easy so this will be fun. The Zyzz mod is fun. Thanks for making this.

« Last Edit: 2014-08-20 20:41:29 by xenokain »

Kuroda Masahiro

• Stopped modding FF7.
    • View Profile
Sorry, but I'm a bit under the weather lately, and I was mentoring chasedark and doing some animations for red werewolf, I'll work more on zyzz soon, but I'm really not feeling it lately.

chasedark

• View Profile
Huzzah for learning how to mod.  Though I'm barely working on graphical mods right now.  I just got a goblin to successfully fit in cloud's skeleton :D.  However my computer doesn't like Kimera so I can't fix the weapon position until I fix the error.

xenokain

• View Profile
No need to rush. Im still playing with the mod and having fun :)

you are always helping people out and that's nice of you

darkalex

• View Profile
Hey everyone I know am here been just reading and browsing through the discussions over the last week or so. I am so grateful for the mods and information you guys put out. I just wanted to know to know if you're still taking requests?

Kuroda Masahiro

• Stopped modding FF7.
    • View Profile
The thread is called 'Kuroda Masahiro's mini mods (Requests closed) Latest: Rock Harmony hair and eyes'

Which openly says that requests are closed, so I won't take any nor do I plan on taking any more in the future.

darkalex

• View Profile
Yeah I missed that in the title, my mistake. It is very nice work you did either way.

Kuroda Masahiro

• Stopped modding FF7.
    • View Profile
Plus, see that little bit of text next to my name? It says 'Stopped modding FF7'.

I'm not saying this to be mean, but I stopped, I don't have the physical means to mod the game anymore, nor do I plan to in future.

As well as this, I have fully deleted my FF7 folder off my comp, complete with everything I have ever made for it, publicly and privately.

Unless something is uploaded, there is no way to get it again.

are any of these designs released and playable? for the psp maybe?

Jeet

• View Profile
Its not really a 'psp' version , the psp only emulate the original playstation game,so its more correct to say psx version .

There is some things you need to know about the psp/psx modding.

Mods that import custom data like the ones in this thread are impossible  on psx, the only way to modify a psx version is with already existing models, as you can see here he created his own models and weapons, so there is no way you'll have this on console.PSX version is limited in memory, implanting too much detailled characters will result in a crash. In addition to that,unlike on PC, there is no tools for modding 3D models, everythings must be done with hex editing. For these reasons , i suppose, most of the mods that change characters graphics are for PC.

If you really a big fan of Cloud and psx version i remember that Lazy bastard uploaded a costume mod for Cloud in shinra uniform,in field,world map and battle, that looked really cool, far more detailled than the original cloud's outfit. I dont think the mod was uploaded here but must be easy to find on google

Thank you sooooo much for telling me about lazy bastards mods!!!

I'm trying to use it right now, but I'm stuck on using the CDProg to insert his mods. Do you have any idea how to do this?

Jeet

• View Profile
1/You must open your ISO ( not the eboot) with CDprog
2/Changing the battle model:once ur inside  the iso browse the folders until you find BATTLE6 (or something like that, anyway its the last battle folder) u'll find a file named CLOUD.LZS , right click on it > insert file , now choose the modded cloud.lzs from lazy bastard
3/Changing field model: now go back in the main ff7 iso directory, u'll see a FIELD folder, go in , find CLOUD ( i dnt remember the extension  but there is only one cloud file in this folder u wont miss it), right click on it > insert file, and choose the modified cloud field model from lazy bastard mod
4/Changing the world map model: same as above but in WM folder instead of FIELD folder, there is 2 WM folders if i remember  u have to find the one with WM0 , thats the name of cloud world map model , ther two others are tifa and cid
5/ Close CDprog, convert your modified ISO in PSP format and ur done

This mod was the very first PSX graphical mod i saw, I could never release mine without the knowledge from his edited files thats why i remember it even if im not a big fan of cloud :D

This may be look tempting for a beginner to mess with the characters with CDprog but swapping already modded files is one thing, while editing them to be playable cant be done without knowledge in hex editing. But you can still swap sephiroth.LZS ( his battle model) with Cid for example, u'll have a playable sephiroth instead of cid BUT this the ' easy way' because he'll have cid 's limits break (it will be buggy) and since he will not be edited he will lack advanced animations  like 4*slash, and he wont have a field model (he have an existing battle model but the field model is compressed with many other npc, so unlike cloud and his team u'll never find him in the field folder) But at least you'll have a modded cloud and a playable sephiroth in the same party, without any hacking knowledge, thats better than nothing.

I had a fully edited and playable sephiroth who could replace cid and barret in term of compatibilty, for field and battle, but my hdd crashed some month ago and i lost these data, the sephiroth  from my actual uploaded mod is the real one,meaning he is not compatible with any other characters except maybe aerith, and more than that its an auto installer so its impossible to get 'only' him, so like i said ur best bet would be the easy way, by swapping only his battle model  with another team member

Edit: you can change his portrait too, in the MNU folder, if, for example, u swapped cid with sephiroth in battle , and u want him to have his portrait , u have to exctract sephiroth portrait, right clik and extract the file who looks like zephiros.MNU or sephiroth.MNU i dont remember well, then go on cid.MNU and insert sephiroth 's portrait. I think thats all about the basics with cdprog
« Last Edit: 2015-05-08 02:07:22 by Jeet »

So sorry Jeet. I just figured it out. Thanks tho really