Author Topic: Ultima Edition...  (Read 7996 times)

LJH

• View Profile
Ultima Edition...
« on: 2008-04-20 15:13:00 »
I'm kind of curious, after hearing about it all the time... what exactly is the difference between the Ultima Edition and a regular version of FF7? Or did the people distributing it just slap that title on for the hell of it?

obesebear

• View Profile
Re: Ultima Edition...
« Reply #1 on: 2008-04-20 15:43:11 »
The Ultima edition I had had a "goodies" folder with walkthroughs and icons and some other random stuff in it.  I also think the FF7.exe and config was somehow altered, but I'm not sure why though.

kini

• View Profile
    • open source web
« Reply #2 on: 2008-04-24 09:23:06 »
from what i remember the ultima edition is full of virus's and a lot of developers here dont like it so block people using the mods on ultima edition, id definatly stay clear from that one

nafeasonto

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008-04-28 13:14:30 »
There is no viruses on the "Ultima edition."  It just comes already patched with 1.02 on it, and has a goodies folders with all sorts of cool stuff.  I use AVG as a virus scanner, and AVG thinks everything is a virus (to put it mildly), and there is no viruses in it.  A piece of advice, if you are going to download something like that, always do a right click and scan it with a virus scanner before opening it.

SephirothClone

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008-06-21 01:29:04 »
Yeah Ultima Edition is very bad. I used it before but the .exe file is just full of viruses and worms. Not worth using it. Now I just use Backup ISO Images of the PC Version Discs. Not had one problem with viruses and such yet with that.

auxili160

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008-06-21 03:20:00 »
Ultima version:
has no viruses
has no worms (wth is a worm?)
works fine

However, the movie files are usually deleted as to make the download faster, and help is denied to people who have the ultima edition simply because it's a pirated version of the gmame.

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
« Reply #6 on: 2008-06-21 06:59:34 »
Yeah Ultima Edition is very bad. I used it before but the .exe file is just full of viruses and worms. Not worth using it. Now I just use Backup ISO Images of the PC Version Discs. Not had one problem with viruses and such yet with that.
Go away.

auxili160

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008-06-21 07:50:14 »
Dziugo, you just stole my two favorite words. :P Haha

Zmaster

« Reply #8 on: 2008-07-28 02:29:26 »
I dont know what you guys are downloadin but the Ultima Edition i have is clean. You just have to scan the files and watch the file size limits when downloadin FF7 and other games. Virus-makers can mask almost everythin to make a virus look like the real thing but they cant mask file size measurments and viruses are always under 1mb (unless they pack the file with billions of them).

All I say is that there is really nothin wrong with Ultima Edition. Just watch and follow the directions and it will work like legal versions. I don't know why this forum makes a big fuss about it, with "No support for Ultima Edition" or "We hate Ultima Edition" or somethin like that.

Yes, FF7 is a good game, but so is Half-Life 1, which is about $10 - $15 while ppl sell FF7 for PC at $100 - $150. Who knows, maybe they made Ultima Edition just cause of that.

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
« Reply #9 on: 2008-07-28 05:04:41 »
I dont know what you guys are downloadin but the Ultima Edition i have is clean. You just have to scan the files and watch the file size limits when downloadin FF7 and other games. Virus-makers can mask almost everythin to make a virus look like the real thing but they cant mask file size measurments and viruses are always under 1mb (unless they pack the file with billions of them).

All I say is that there is really nothin wrong with Ultima Edition. Just watch and follow the directions and it will work like legal versions. I don't know why this forum makes a big fuss about it, with "No support for Ultima Edition" or "We hate Ultima Edition" or somethin like that.

Yes, FF7 is a good game, but so is Half-Life 1, which is about $10 - $15 while ppl sell FF7 for PC at $100 - $150. Who knows, maybe they made Ultima Edition just cause of that.
It's actually you who are making a big fuss about it. It says that we don't support it, because there is no guarantee that you downloaded a non-corrupted version (no, not virused compilation - that guy few posts up clearly is a type of "Drugs are baaad, mmkay?" guy). There is a chance, just a little chance that the download will be somehow corrupted, and the game will crash / freeze / whatever just because it's downloaded (the example is the crash at the end of the first battle, where one pirated version will crash, while the original one won't - link somewhere in the forums).

So no, we don't support it, becuase we don't want to guess what's wrong with your version of FF7 and why it's crashing. It's not our business where you got your copy of FF7, but you're on your own fixing it.