Author Topic: FF8 - Vit 0 Immunity?  (Read 3955 times)

wishfire

• View Profile
FF8 - Vit 0 Immunity?
« on: 2014-07-19 03:36:23 »
Hi, all!  New poster, sorry if this is the wrong section.

I'm working on a difficulty mod for FF8, but I'm running into one issue I can't seem to solve myself -- I'd like for at least bosses to be immune to Vit 0, or for it to be removed entirely from the game.  Are any of the unknowns in the Ifrit editor related (by my testing they haven't been, though) or does anyone know what hex address/string this would be in an enemy's comxxx.dat file?

Would appreciate any help/assistance on this!

JeMaCheHi

• You can just call me J!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel :D
Re: FF8 - Vit 0 Immunity?
« Reply #1 on: 2014-07-19 11:58:36 »
I'm afraid you'll need to edit directly with a hex editor.
You should take a look a our wiki for more info about this stuff. Also, If you discover new things everyone here would appreciate if you share that new knowledge.

Here you have the link to FF8 related stuff. You'll find info about files  in that page
http://wiki.qhimm.com/view/FF8

Hope that helps.

wishfire

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2014-07-19 22:03:52 »
Aye, I was hoping someone might have found the hex address and could save me a world of pain :) The wiki has been helpful, so far!  I'll absolutely post anything new to the community, as well, should I find it.

Callisto

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2016-01-30 13:19:17 »
I hope it's ok to dig this up. Didn't feel like making a new topic just for this.

Well, is there any news on making Vit 0 immunity possible? I am currently in the same situation as wishfire was some time ago, and have run into a dead-end. Is there a way to have Vit 0 use any of the other status checks, such as Expulsion? Then again, there is that mysterious unused status check within the c0mxxx.dat files that can be easily seen using Ifrit enemy editor. Too bad it doesn't seem to do anything. It's not even meant for Percent resistance (as stated in Ifrit), as Percent uses the same check as gravity-based attacks such as Demi or Micro-Missiles do.

Does anyone know more? Any help would be much appreciated.

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #4 on: 2016-01-31 09:37:44 »
It's not even meant for Percent resistance (as stated in Ifrit), as Percent uses the same check as gravity-based attacks such as Demi or Micro-Missiles do.

Do you know what that byte actually do? It's obviously labeled wrong in Ifrit.
If anyone have any news on com files it would be great.

Callisto

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2016-01-31 11:19:08 »
No, I don't. However, long time ago, one user figured that the byte isn't even loaded into the game's RAM, basically having no function:

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=3723.msg51764#msg51764

If that's true, and if that byte could be loaded into the memory and having Vit 0 resistance assigned to it, that would be fantastic. There must be something that determines which status the respective byte is assigned to, though this information doesn't seem to be within the c0mxxx.dat files themselves. Wouldn't be surprised if it's in the .exe after all :roll: