Author Topic: ff 8, black blocks  (Read 3026 times)

inocuo89

• View Profile
ff 8, black blocks
« on: 2016-09-07 20:49:18 »
Hi, I'm playing ff8 in a full screen look black blocks. How I can remove? I want to see the full screen, really. I have installed mods. Thanks in advance! sorry if my English is not understood very well.
https://s21.postimg.org/kbrtnix3b/IMG_20160907_230522502.jpg
« Last Edit: 2016-09-07 21:11:04 by inocuo89 »

JWP

• View Profile
Re: ff 8, black blocks
« Reply #1 on: 2016-09-07 21:25:52 »
by "black blocks" do you mean the black bars that are there to preserve the aspect ratio and do you mean the ones top/bottom or the ones on the sides too?
Changing the resolution of the game to the native resolution of your monitor should remove the top/bottom bars (not sure about original FF8 with Aali's driver but you can definitely do this in the Steam version)
If you're using the Steam version I think you can remove them by unticking "preserve aspect ratio" in the settings, I'm not sure about the original version though.
You could also try changing the settings on your monitor to stretch/fill or don't preserve aspect ratio or similar.
« Last Edit: 2016-09-07 21:33:15 by JWP »

inocuo89

• View Profile
Re: ff 8, black blocks
« Reply #2 on: 2016-09-07 21:42:46 »
by "black blocks" do you mean the black bars that are there to preserve the aspect ratio and do you mean the ones top/bottom or the ones on the sides too?
Changing the resolution of the game to the native resolution of your monitor should remove the top/bottom bars (not sure about original FF8 with Aali's driver but you can definitely do this in the Steam version)
If you're using the Steam version I think you can remove them by unticking "preserve aspect ratio" in the settings, I'm not sure about the original version though.
You could also try changing the settings on your monitor to stretch/fill or don't preserve aspect ratio or similar.

it worked! sorry, I forgot to say that is the version of steam. Many thanks :)