Author Topic: Ending movie is in French  (Read 4249 times)

J.Bloodwheel

• View Profile
Ending movie is in French
« on: 2020-03-23 18:48:14 »
I have just finished the game and in the ending FMV all dialogue is in french. It's not a big deal for me because I have seen it countless times. But it is still a bit annoying and really bad for someone who might play it for the first time. Is there any way to fix this?
« Last Edit: 2020-03-23 21:58:00 by EQ2Alyza »

LordUrQuan

• Alpha testing your worst nightmares
  • LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
Re: Re: [FF7 PC] Mod Manager - 7th Heaven 2.0
« Reply #1 on: 2020-03-23 19:25:27 »
I have just finished the game and in the ending FMV all dialogue is in french. It's not a big deal for me because I have seen it countless times. But it is still a bit annoying and really bad for someone who might play it for the first time. Is there any way to fix this?
Use a movie mod that isn't in French?  Seriously, this isn't a 7H problem.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
Re: Ending movie is in French
« Reply #2 on: 2020-03-23 21:59:35 »
Sounds like satsuki’s movies are in French (he’s French). Not much I can do unless he’s got an English version I somehow overlooked.

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
« Reply #3 on: 2020-03-23 23:11:28 »
Sounds like satsuki’s movies are in French (he’s French). Not much I can do unless he’s got an English version I somehow overlooked.

Yes, he has an English version. He not too long ago improved the subtitles at my request also.

J.Bloodwheel

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2020-03-24 09:08:15 »
I found out the problem is the "Media - Qhimm Catalog" mod from 7th Heaven. Deactivating the mod fixes the problem but of course you lose all other benefits from the mod.

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
« Reply #5 on: 2020-03-30 21:03:56 »
I found out the problem is the "Media - Qhimm Catalog" mod from 7th Heaven. Deactivating the mod fixes the problem but of course you lose all other benefits from the mod.

You can just turn off the movies in the config, you don't need to disable the whole mod. Then you can use the music and sound effects still.

Perfect Zell

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2020-03-31 13:37:25 »
I checked the IRO file for the media mod. It's actually the Chibi Restoration, which has the French Jenova and Ending videos from satsuki. If you use satsuki's SYW V4 mod, it will be in English. This might be something for The Chibi Restoration to fix, in the next catalog version.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #7 on: 2020-03-31 14:03:47 »
Hmm, it might have been a copy/paste mistake on my end. Noted and will fix in the 3.1 update.

Another note: Posting the Profile Details would have made this quicker to find. It's better to see the load order and configure before we start discussing things.

UtterNoob

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2020-07-05 17:47:12 »
I checked the IRO file for the media mod. It's actually the Chibi Restoration, which has the French Jenova and Ending videos from satsuki. If you use satsuki's SYW V4 mod, it will be in English. This might be something for The Chibi Restoration to fix, in the next catalog version.

Thank you! Had the weirdest time during Jenova. First time using the mod and playing FF7