Author Topic: Problem with Final Fantasy VII Re-release  (Read 2209 times)

Ajnz21

• View Profile
Problem with Final Fantasy VII Re-release
« on: 2013-04-06 13:50:32 »
Hey all,

I purchased and installed the Final Fantasy 7 Re-release from Square and installed it on my laptop.
The motherboard died in my laptop and I purchased an external enclosure so that I could use the HDD on another laptop.

I have the game on my now external HDD plugged into a different laptop, when I started the launcher I had to re enter my serial key and log in to the Launcher. All is well until I click the play button the Launcher disappears for a second of two as if it was launching the game but then the launcher will reappear. If I click on the play button again the same thing happens over and over.

I'm probably missing something really simple, but I'm stumped as to what the problem would be. I'm under the impression this re release was meant to portable with the addition of the cloud saves so you could continue on a different computer by starting the game. But yet the game won't start for me.

Cheers

Aj

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
Re: Problem with Final Fantasy VII Re-release
« Reply #1 on: 2013-04-06 15:13:54 »
The first step is a fresh install. Also, do you have anything modifying any of the files such as the new to old patch or any mods?

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2013-04-06 16:20:59 »
I'm almost positive the rerelease ISN'T portable... but you might be able to change your install directory to the external HDD the registry.

Ajnz21

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2013-04-07 02:57:46 »
The first step is a fresh install. Also, do you have anything modifying any of the files such as the new to old patch or any mods?

Its a Vanilla installation, have no desire to convert it to the older game or install any mods. I want to play it as is, I'm not fussy. I will how ever try re-installing the game, I'll have to see if I still have the installer on my HDD.

I'm almost positive the rerelease ISN'T portable... but you might be able to change your install directory to the external HDD the registry.

I have tried finding any registry values in the software hive on my HDD(I still have my OS installation on what is now my External HDD), but I couldn't find anything for it, and yes I did search under wow6432node. If you know where the re-release might also store its registry keys let me know and I'll will have a look.