Author Topic: [PSX/PC] Save Editor - Black Chocobo (v1.15)  (Read 1001024 times)

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
Re: [FF7PC/PSX] Save Editor - Black Chocobo (v1.9.90)
« Reply #1250 on: 2016-09-05 14:38:50 »
Yeah I had a look and the bytes there seem correct too. Interestingly now I'm further on it's become 07 so you could be right that it's also tracking something else, though I have no idea what!   :-[

you can if your able build from github i have added these with a note that they are possibly used elsewhere. the items are in the fielditem list and the check for if you played piano in the flash back is currently in the test tab  . any other discoveries are welcome.. its mostly progression and the dual use varibles that are left

seandelosreyes

• View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: 2016-12-13 06:18:38 »
Hi all. Newbie here.

I was just able to download and play FF7 on my Kata M2L cellphone device (Android OS) thru Google Play.

I would like to know if this software will allow me to transfer my saves from my Kata device to my Macbook Air (& vice versa), as I have begun downloading this Crossover software to allow me to install FF7 on my mac air. Thanks in advance.

Sean

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #1252 on: 2016-12-13 12:35:28 »
i don't think you need to do much of anything other them move the saves in to the correct folder the android version is the pc version wrapped in an emulator. You can use black chocobo to do this but i think the current build is not displayed correct on mac os .

seandelosreyes

• View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: 2016-12-13 13:45:42 »
Thanks for the quick reply man. Please bear with me as I'm not familiar with the term build. Anyway, I would just like to know if it is then possible for me to transfer saves in the correct folders via black chocobo and/or crossover, despite the mac not having the correct "build"displayed.  Thanks again

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #1254 on: 2016-12-14 11:43:18 »
you don't need to use any program to copy your saves from the android version to the pc version the saves are the same.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: 2016-12-14 16:16:41 »
Hi, Sith.  A few updates to the retranslation since the version I have here, which also contains a few errors.  I'll list the changes. This should be final:

Items:

Silence Mask > Mask
Holy Touch[sic in BC] > Holy Torch
203mm Shells[sic in BC] > 203mm Shell
Sylkis Greens [sic in BC] > Silkis Greens
Pipop Nut [sic in BC] > Pipio Nut
Pocket Tissue > Pocket Tissues
1:35 Solider [sic in BC] > 1:35 Soldier
Superalloy Sweeper > Super Sweeper
Silver Barette [sic in BC] > Silver Barrette
Longinus > Holy Lance
Wind Slash > Kazekiri
Marvellous Cheer > Marvelous Cheer [if using American spelling]
Champion Belt > Championship Belt
Thief's Gauntlet > Thieves' Gauntlet

materia

Flame > Fire
Cold > Ice [NOTE that Fire and Ice are now also the Property names. Not Cold and Flame.]
Comet [sic in BC] > Meteorite
Force > Property
Chocobo & Moguri > Chocobo
Deathblow [sic in BC] > Death Blow
Suprise Attack [sic in BC] > Surprise Attack
Consecutive Cut > Multistrike
Slash-All > Strike All
Diving > Aqualung

I will send another post later with further corrections.

« Last Edit: 2016-12-14 19:46:23 by DLPB »

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #1256 on: 2016-12-14 18:45:46 »
sure dan ill update the translation but ikd when it will release with a new version.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: 2016-12-14 19:41:33 »
It's cool.  Here are the final corrections (Some of these apply to both retranslated and original [Marked red] ):

Party:

Runs > Escapes
Chime Hazard > Crime Hazard [both old and young Cloud]
Brand Of Fury > Brand of Fury

Materia:

Added Cut > Added Attack

Skills:

Withdraw > Escape (not to be confused with the materia name, which is Withdraw)
Re-gen > Regen
Dimension > Warp
Meteorite  > Comet (again, the materia is "Meteorite", but the spells are Comet and Cometeor.
Elemental 50% etc > Property
Suprise Attack 20% etc > Surprise Attack
Added Cut > Added Attack
2x Cut > 2x Atk
4x Cut > 4x Atk
Coins > Coin
DeathBlow > Death Blow
Onmi All > Omni All
Diving > Aqualung
Chocobo and Moguri x1 etc > Chocobo
KOTR > KoR
Slash-All > Strike All

Locations:

Beginner's Hall > Beginners' Hall
Upper Junon > Junon (Right)
Lower Junon > Junon (Left)
Corel Valley > Coral Valley
Corel Valley Cave > Coral Valley Cave

Game Progress:

Jesse > Jessie
Countdown timer out > Countdown reached 0.
Talked to Jesse before looking at map > Jessie
Team Avalanche > Avalanche (more than one of these here)

Sick Man > Scruffy Man (retranslated name)
ChruchProgress > Church Progress
DonProgress > Corneo Progress

Other:

SnowBoard > Snowboard
Number steps > Number of steps

Have seen Engmia > Have seen Enigma
Mystery Ninja > Mysterious Ninja

Game Options:

Cursor type - memory > Previous
Cursor type - initial > Default
Camera - initial > Fixed
Camera - memory > Auto

Test Data

Partally checked > Partially checked
Controling the sub > Controlling the sub
Choco Mog > Chocobo summon (retranslated) or Choco/Mog (original)
Ultimate Weapons Hp > Ultima Weapon's HP (retranslated) or Ultimate Weapon's HP (original)
Save Pont > Save Point

« Last Edit: 2016-12-15 01:29:32 by DLPB »

Traksor

• View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: 2016-12-17 22:34:07 »
Hi, noob here;

I tried to open my mcr save with Black_chocobo but the application crashes everytime I try (picture 1). Since then my ePSXe emulator does not recognize the save (all slots are "empty" as shown (picture 2)). The funny part is I can actually open it safely if Black chocobo isn't on the "team" tab (picture 3 and 4), but crashes as soon as I get onto said tab. The save itself seems to have the right infos (except on the team tab where numbers seem way out of place) I don't know why it suddenly can't be read by the game, can you help me?

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #1259 on: 2016-12-18 16:27:20 »
First off be sure your using the newest release of black chocobo. If you are using the newest version and are still having problems please provide me with a copy of the save file you are having problems with and i will see what i can do for you.

plaguexyz89

• View Profile
« Reply #1260 on: 2016-12-19 03:55:47 »
I recently got FF7 8 and 9 on my vita (legit firmware, no hacks) and Blackchocobo will edit the save for 7 with zero issues, however when I save it says its unsigned. any information ive been finding on this topic is nearly 7 years old and I have yet to see any workarounds or otherwise for Vita

The only way based on my research that I can go around this issue is with a ps2 which I don't have, nor do I have a psp.
« Last Edit: 2016-12-19 04:04:32 by plaguexyz89 »

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #1261 on: 2016-12-19 11:23:44 »
I recently got FF7 8 and 9 on my vita (legit firmware, no hacks) and Blackchocobo will edit the save for 7 with zero issues, however when I save it says its unsigned. any information ive been finding on this topic is nearly 7 years old and I have yet to see any workarounds or otherwise for Vita

The only way based on my research that I can go around this issue is with a ps2 which I don't have, nor do I have a psp.

That is not a question, and you are correct in that you need to use one of the old methods. This applies to ps3 psp and psvita. There is nothing i can do untill the methods are reversed and the keys discovered . (for instance were fairly sure the ps3 method is correct but the keys used are still not known)

Traksor

• View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: 2016-12-19 15:24:24 »
First off be sure your using the newest release of black chocobo. If you are using the newest version and are still having problems please provide me with a copy of the save file you are having problems with and i will see what i can do for you.

It is indeed the newest version. I don't know how do I send you  copy of the save tho ':)

I learned 2 days ago that Steamhad FF VIIin store so I bought it and played a new game from there, I'm now further ahead than my bugged save. If it can help somebody else tho I'Ll be glad to send you that save,

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #1263 on: 2016-12-19 16:14:08 »
It is indeed the newest version. I don't know how do I send you  copy of the save tho ':)

I learned 2 days ago that Steamhad FF VIIin store so I bought it and played a new game from there, I'm now further ahead than my bugged save. If it can help somebody else tho I'Ll be glad to send you that save,

if you file is borked i don't care but if its a bug in BC or ff7tk i would like to fix it .. without your save i will never know.

Traksor

• View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: 2016-12-19 16:15:38 »
how do I link my save?

plaguexyz89

• View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: 2016-12-19 23:30:56 »
That is not a question, and you are correct in that you need to use one of the old methods. This applies to ps3 psp and psvita. There is nothing i can do untill the methods are reversed and the keys discovered . (for instance were fairly sure the ps3 method is correct but the keys used are still not known)
the ps3/psp method, is it possible to do the same steps with a vita in place of the psp or does it HAVE to be a psp?

like could I transfer the edited save to my cfw ps3, test run it, then transfer it to my vita?
« Last Edit: 2016-12-19 23:58:58 by plaguexyz89 »

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #1266 on: 2016-12-21 03:23:05 »
Quote from: plaguezyz89
the ps3/psp method, is it possible to do the same steps with a vita in place of the psp
I don't see why not the ps3 will allow you to copy the saves to the vita.

midni7e7oker

• View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: 2016-12-21 17:19:24 »
I honestly can't recall if Mega All materia was working fine before, but...   Prior to crossing the marsh with the Midgar Golem I added Sephiroth to my party, killed the Golem, decided I didn't like his auto-attacks, and promptly decided to switch him back out.  Now equipping Mega All changes my default attack into Attack all.  Anyone else encounter this issue?

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #1268 on: 2016-12-21 19:17:43 »
mega all should change your attack to slash all  (attack all)  it adds all to every action.....

@traksor upload it somewhere or email it to my email address.

midni7e7oker

• View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: 2016-12-22 15:48:51 »
Thanks for the clarification!

Traksor

• View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: 2017-01-16 14:25:49 »
Can you PM me your emil adress ? Thanks.

zzzplayer

• View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: 2017-01-28 15:50:16 »
Hi sithlord48,

First, props to a software well done. IMO, it's the best save game editor.

I would like to ask if there is a solution to fix the Aeris' Ghost glitch problem for save game files.

In a normal gameplay, the player should see Aeris' ghost tending to the flowers when returning to Midgar after Cloud is saved from Mideel. However, this event may not occur if a glitch is triggered.

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Aeris's_ghost#Triggering
The event can never occur if the player talks to the Innkeeper during the Kalm flashback and selects the option "Let me know the situation of the town." after talking to him a second time. It is unknown why this stops the event from occurring since it is unrelated to Aeris and the church. That the event can be prevented by talking to the Innkeeper is likely a programming error.

I have a save game file that may have caught this glitch and Aeris' ghost never appeared. I remembered I let Cloud talked to the Innkeeper during the Kalm flashback a few times, including having selected all options.

Since Aeris tending to flowers is an one-time event, so I assume there is a switch somewhere?

FYI, if you need it, I have two save game files that I can upload and may be useful to you in fixing this issue. One is before entering Kalm for the first time. The other is before returning to Midgar for the first time after Cloud is saved from Mideel.

Thank you.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #1272 on: 2017-01-28 16:20:34 »
its possible that there is a switch for it.. there are quite a few bits that are nto figured out and most of them are in progression.. if you can find the resposible bit i will test and add but i don't have time for that kind of RE work right now. Im way to busy with other projects

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: 2017-01-28 16:22:44 »
One of the "switches" is an error. A bit is conflicting. I corrected it ages ago for The Reunion.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #1274 on: 2017-01-29 11:41:10 »
there is quite a bit of that,  switches that are changed by completely unrelated stuff changing them because reasons.